REIGNING VIXEN | Edmund Peven...

By project_deceiver

COMPLETED | ❝ Some journeys take us far from home. Some adventures lead us to our destiny. ❞ ━ in which... More

ʀᴇɪɢɴɪɴɢ ᴠɪxᴇɴ
ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪ: ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴏɴ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀᴅʀᴏʙᴇ
ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴀᴛʜ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ꜰᴀᴠᴏᴜʀꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ʜᴏᴛ ᴘᴇᴠᴇɴꜱɪᴇ ᴛᴇᴀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴅʀᴀᴍᴀᴛɪᴄ ᴇxɪᴛꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ꜱᴛʀᴜᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪɴ ɴᴀʀɴɪᴀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ: ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜʙᴏx ᴏꜰ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx: ᴏʙꜱᴇʀᴠɪɴɢ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ: ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀɪɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ: ꜱɴɪᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴇᴇꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴡɪᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ꜱʜᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴜɢʟʏ ᴡᴇᴇᴘᴇʀꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ʙᴜʀɴ ᴀ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ: ꜰɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ᴄʀᴏᴡɴᴇᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴏʀ ꜰᴜɴᴇʀᴀʟ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴄʟɪɴɢʏ ꜰᴇᴠᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ: ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴊᴜᴠᴇɴᴇꜱᴄᴇɴᴄᴇ
ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɪ: ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇ ᴄᴀꜱᴘɪᴀɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ʜᴇʀ ɢᴜɪᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴅᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴘʀɪꜱᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴅʀᴏᴡɴᴇᴅ ꜱᴏʀʀᴏᴡꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ᴀɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ: ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ ʙᴇᴀʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx: ꜱɪʟᴇɴᴛ ᴘᴀɪɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴀꜱʟᴀɴ'ꜱ ᴍɪꜱꜱɪᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴜɴᴄᴀɴɴʏ ʀᴇꜱᴇᴍʙʟᴀɴᴄᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ: ᴄʟᴀɪʀᴀᴜᴅɪᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴇᴄʜᴏᴇꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ: ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ ᴅᴜᴄᴋꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ꜱᴛᴜʙʙᴏʀɴ ᴍɪꜱᴛᴀᴋᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ʀᴇᴅᴇᴇᴍɪɴɢ ꜰʟᴀᴡꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ꜱʜᴇʟʟꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴍᴀɪɴꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ʀᴇꜱᴛᴏʀᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴘᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛʟʏ ꜱᴏʀᴄᴇʀᴇꜱꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴜɴᴅʏɪɴɢ ꜰᴀɪᴛʜ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴜɴɪꜰʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴏʟʟɪꜱɪᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ: ɢɪɢɢʟɪɴɢ ʙᴜꜰꜰᴏᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ: ᴅᴇᴘᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴇᴇ
ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɪɪ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏʏᴀɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴡɴ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ꜱᴡᴀɴ ʟᴀᴋᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴛɪᴛᴛʟᴇ-ᴛᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴘʜʏꜱɪᴄᴀʟ ʀᴇꜱᴘᴏɴꜱᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ʙᴏᴜɴᴅʟᴇꜱꜱ Qᴜᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ: ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx: ᴘʟᴀᴄɪᴅ ʜᴀᴢᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ꜱᴛᴇᴀᴅɪʟʏ ᴀᴍᴇʟɪᴏʀᴀᴛɪɴɢ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴄʜᴀʀᴍɪɴɢʟʏ ʙᴀꜱʜꜰᴜʟ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ: ᴀꜱᴛᴏɴɪꜱʜɪɴɢ ʀᴇᴠᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ: ɢʀᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴇꜱᴛᴏᴡᴀʟꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜꜱ ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴠɪᴄᴛɪᴍ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴍɪʀᴀᴄᴜʟᴏᴜꜱ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇꜱꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴄᴀʟᴍ ᴘᴏɴᴅᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ: ꜰᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀ ᴠɪꜱɪᴛᴏʀꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ꜰʀᴀᴄᴛᴜʀᴇᴅ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴄʜᴀꜱɪɴɢ ꜰʀᴀɢᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴʟᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴʙᴏᴜɴᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴɴᴀᴍᴇᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴᴠᴇɪʟᴇᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴꜱᴇᴡɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ꜱʜᴀᴘᴇᴅ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴄᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ᴡᴀʀᴍɪɴɢ ꜰᴀʀᴇᴡᴇʟʟ
ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴠɪxᴇɴ
ɪᴍᴍᴇɴꜱᴇ ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇᴄɪᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴏᴍᴘᴀ ʟᴏᴏᴍᴘᴀ

3.6K 169 380
By project_deceiver

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

YOU KNOW THAT FEELING when you know that you're about to die? But you just continue onward despite that knowledge because you made a choice to help someone so stupid? Yeah, another day, another healthy decision. A day in a life of Ophelia Wellington.

As we entered inside the blizzard temple, an overwhelming feeling embraced my entirety. A huge amount of strings attempted to connect themselves on the latch of my link. Making me visibly frown from the uncomfortable aura.

"So basically, you just led me here to accompany you in devouring some turkish delight, correct?" I questioned slowly, wanting him to carefully understand what his suggestion sounded like.

He nodded from beside me, gulping at the statues we passed by. His breathing pattern became ragged with every glance he took, eyes widening with a gasp when he saw an oddly structured giant figure. Oh, so now he's showing fear? Okay, cool.

My eyes zeroed on the aforementioned statues. Scanning them only to realize that they weren't nonliving. It was the source of the unwelcoming empathy. They were live figures trapped inside a frozen state. And what are the odds that I'd soon be like them? Hopefully I'll have enough time to strike a pose.

Edmund walked forward into the sea of unmoving creatures, stopping once more when his foot hit a bunch of chipped wood. They were dark in color, slightly damp but also had charcoal engraved on the edges of it. A possible bonfire spot.

The boy picked up one of the piled wood, raising it to the direction of the immobilized animal near him. Rolling my eyes, I surveyed the surroundings in a more cleared detail. Taking in the air that filled my system with an unpleasant feeling.

If these sculptures were still alive, that would mean they were once the inhabitant of narnia. 'There's few that go through them gates that come out again.' Mr. Beaver once mused. But if these creatures knew about that, why would they come here in the first place? ‘They'll have taken him to the Witch's now.’

Tumnus was charged with High Treason for being with the enemies of the Queen. Which means these were her known traitors caught by her secret police—

A loud yelp interrupted my thoughts, harsh growling following the surprised sound. I snapped my attention to two figures on the ground. How in the world did he manage to get in danger in a matter of seconds?

“Be still stranger or you'll never move again,” A deep raspy voice filled the entire surroundings, his words full of nothing but warning. “Who are you?”

“I'm Edmund! I met the Queen of the woods. She told me to come back here!” The snarls of the wolf continued, having doubts of what he just heard. Although what seemed to do the trick was the boy's next words. “I'm a son of Adam.”

“My apologies,” Moving away from Edmund, it spoke with a clear voice. But something I noticed was a hidden tone blanketed with its sharpness. Its body moved in an almost forced manner. Overall acting like he was already told to expect an arrival of a boy. “Fortunate favoured of the Queen. Or else, not so favoured.”

Even though his next move took me by surprise, I quickly regained my posture. Not wanting to show a sliver of fear. From what I heard, wolves acted as if they were the class A predators. And I'm not about to act like a deer caught in headlights.

“I see you've brought one of them. She'll be delighted to hear this news,” He taunted, flashing his fangs at me. It took heavy steps towards me, sniffing me whilst going in a circular manner. Talk about being a creep. He then stalked forward, signalling to the stairs. Obviously wanting us to follow.

We sauntered even further, moving onwards. My gaze kept flicking to Edmund then to big dog. The aura surrounding them almost clashing due to its similarity. Yet one was true and one was corrupted. All my thoughts however seemed to vanish as a look of horror took over my features. In front of me was stairs. Long, high stairs. Oh, goodness no.

˚✧༉‧₊

A smug look was still plastered across my face as I stepped into the large still ice-covered room. The grey wolf led us further in until we reached some kind of throne.

“Wait here.” Maugrim hoarsed a gruff, making sure to give me a dirty look, to which I gave a wink back. To know his name was quite complex due to how I needed to stare at his paw weirdly. Then I compared it back to the letter which was left in Tumnus' house. Lastly, the fact that he was here in the castle, alone in the last floor to guard something gave me the idea that he would be the captain of the secret police.

“You sure we don't need to climb any more steps, big dog?” I ignored Edmund's warning look, knowing that deep down he was amused. Maugrim gave me a glare, huffing on his spot then hurrying along to whatever he was going to do.

Both Edmund and I explored the spacious area, him going to the throne. I stayed a couple steps back, just watching him sit on it with a smile on his face. Despite the thought of him getting tricked, I didn't dare interrupt him, knowing the happiness he felt right now would only be temporary. Not because he looked cute, psh.

“I don't even know how you got him to carry you up the stairs.” He spoke from his seat, looking at me with a mix of joy and amazement. I merely gave him a shrug, turning around to the direction of the door.

It was a surprising turn of events. I had to force him to carry me but he first refused. With some small tweaking on the strings, along with telling him that I'd confess to the queen that he was not so kind to the visitors, he finally gave in.

Like it?” And there it was. A chill giving voice boomed from behind me. The hairs on my neck standing, goosebumps travelling my body. Admittedly, her voice really held authority, but what didn't surprise me was how I didn't feel the need to bow. Her being vibrated with power, a surge of magic coming from her. Yet my eyebrows furrowed when I realized it wasn't from her body that came the immense control.

“Y-yes, Y-Your Majesty.” Edmund no.

“I thought you might,” Shuffling noised from the background, my body gratefully hidden in plain sight due to the ice column covering it. A clinking sound also shimmied its way to my ears. The noise reverberated across the corridor, an enchanting sorcery flowing in the wind. “Tell me Edmund. Are your sisters deaf?”

“No?” A silent chuckle escaped from my lips, his reply still managing to have me amused. Was he really unsure of his answer?

“And your brother. Is he . . ,” Jadis trailed off, her mood affecting the whole room. Annoyance was bottling up in her, on the way to explode with fury. “Unintelligent?” Yes.

“W-well I think so, but my mum—”

“Then how dare you come alone!” Then there it was. The explosion of her true identity.

“I tried!” The idiot tried to reason out.

Jadis stood from her position, coming closer to a fear-filled boy. “Edmund I asked so little of you.”

“T-they didn't listen to me!”

“Couldn't even do that.” And like all seemed to click in my mind. I let out a shaky breath. The thought of Edmund's words making its way to my mind. Him telling me he was doing it for kindness but just ended up to bring me here for a trap. I was brought by him to appease the Queen.

“I did bring one!” Horror filled my system when a signification of my presence was being recognized. “And the others I brought halfway. They're in that little house on the dam. With the beavers!”

With a deep sigh, I then straightened my poise. After that, I made myself visible in the eyes of the witch, shutting the mouth of Edmund to reveal more information. Jadis' lips twitched upward when I presented myself, an almost satisfied look on her face.

“Well, I suppose you're not a total loss then, are you?” She commended Edmund then turned her attention back to me. “A daughter of Eve.”

I stepped closer to the rather shaking boy, standing beside his form. If I went all this way to help him, I needed to momentarily forget his past actions. Knowing I'll have time to act petty later.

“Your name, dear?” The witch questioned, narrowing her eyes at me suspiciously.

“Oph—” I immediately interrupted Edmund with an elbow to his stomach. My eyes widened in alarm, now sinking in to the reality of dying.

“I suppose I'd know how to introduce myself, don't you think? You don't need to reveal it for me, brother.” I gave him a sharp glare, hoping, no, praying, that he'd understand what I emphasized. Just this time, I need him to be smart.

“The name's Susan Pevensie.” The lie slipped off smoothly out my mouth. Keeping direct eye contact with the witch who took a couple seconds before nodding.

When reality settled on me a while ago, my mind went back to the words of Mr. Beaver. Something about everything already being written. That I wasn't suppose to arrive with the others. And knowing Edmund, he'd have already mentioned myself to the Jadis. If Narnia already knew of my existence and my kind, then it wouldn't be good for the witch to know a person with magic was standing in front of her. So then I'd be treated differently here with the Witch.

“Very well, then.” I did my very best to conceal my own magic, hiding it deep inside. Careful not to let her take notice of it. If to make my abilities dormant would save my life, despite if it's painful, then I'll do it. Because here, I'd be treated as a threat.

“Well I— I was wondering,” Edmund took a few steps to the exiting female. “Could I, maybe, have some more, uh, turkish delight now?”

“Our guest is hungry.” Jadis faced the small man standing by the sides. My face scowled lowly.

“This way for your num-nums.” He unsheathed a dagger from his side, placing it behind Edmund's back then did the same to me. I ignored the call of Jadis to Maugrim, not even wanting to hear the howls and barks of all the wolves. Because now I know I screwed this up dearly. And that I needed to make a move in order to find a way out.

As my eyes closed while being led to what obviously would be the dungeons. I went in depth into my mind, the shallow could be of no use anymore. Going through every memory, everything I could recall, and all of the things I heard that could be useful. In states like these, my consciousness would be fuzzed, blurring the happenings in the real world.

A question made its way to my mind as my ankles were shackled. If the beaver knew of what I was, or whom I was, what stopped the Witch from recognizing me? I drifted further beyond to what the beaver really meant. What was written and what was destiny? Perhaps it's a prophecy of some sort? But if I was written in a separate one, what could I possibly be here for?

A slight tug pulled me from my reverie, a pained desperation clinging into the rope of what I could do. I opened my eyes with deep breath, tuning into the ongoing conversation.

“Is your sister alright? Is she safe?” Inquired a male's voice. Upon closer look, it was the shivering form of a faun. Tumnus from what I heard a while ago. Although in a state of deep concentration, my abilities aided me so that I still paid attention to sounds that could be heard.

I felt immense pain from the poor faun, shutting my eyes for a few seconds before taking off my fur coat. It was surprisingly still there, seeing as it should've been taken by Maugrim because I used it to spite him. With words along the lines of ‘If you won't carry me, you'll soon turn out to be one of these coats’.

Handing the clothing to Tumnus, he frowned at that. His eyes focused on me, tilting his head ever so slightly.

“Just take it.” Nodding hesitantly, he wore it with an audible sigh of relief. I stared at his feet blankly, noticing the source of suffering coming from there.

Mr. Tumnus suddenly shuffled from his position, leading his hand inside the coat then took it out. Now on his hand was a stick that I placed there.

Chuckling lowly, I then stretched my hand forward. He placed the stick there, confusion in his eyes.

“Why did you carry that inside your coat?” Edmund questioned from beside me, earning a nod from the faun in the other cell.

“I was going to play fetch with Maugrim.” I replied straightly, later breaking off in a grin. Tumnus laughed lightly despite his pain, making him wince ever so slightly.

His discomfort made its way to me, making me hand him the wood. “Hold this.”

Taking it in his hand with a nod, I then slipped an object from my clothes. I opened it then lit one up, facing it to the wood. My eyes twinkled at the sight of the fire swallowing the end of the wood. Blowing out my matchstick, I placed it back inside the box then returned all of it inside my secret pocket. I looked up and noticed a knowing glint in the eyes of the faun, along with a small unnoticeable smile.

“Make use of it while the Witch is still away. The arrival of her police is about to come.” Tumnus nodded again, saying a thank you. He kept the lit wood near him. Feeling warmth envelop him after being stripped of it for so long.

“I can't believe you're here too.” Those words made me narrow my eyes at him. Edmund shuffled from his spot too, curious why I reacted that way. I urged him to continue, now giving all my attention to him.

“You were not expected to arrive together,” He signalled at both of us, making me nod. I already knew this bit. The only thing I needed to know was why.

Straightening in alarm, he whimpered agonizingly, pursing his lips then facing me in fear. “Y—you have met the witch? Are you, uh, you need to keep your identity from her—”

“I already have that covered.” I interrupted him, making him sigh in relief. His lips then curled up in wonder, releasing a scoff of positive disbelief.

“The—then it is real! You really are her.” Opening my mouth to question him, I closed it immediately when the sound of growls echoed in the castle.

From my position, I then snatched the wood away from Tumnus. Blowing it harshly then threw it through a hole in the corner where it led to a different empty room. My mind reeled with quick thoughts, wanting to think of something that could possibly now save all three of us. Tumnus could be a great help for an escape, although the frozen legs can be a great problem.

The sound of metal in the distance alerted our trio, steps echoing down the corridor. Mr. Tumnus handed me my coat, myself speedily throwing it on.

“I have a plan. However offensive it may seem, just trust me.” I faced the both of them, giving them warning gazes. They shared a look but just nodded, not having time to react thoroughly when the gates opened up.

“My police tore that dam apart. Your little family are nowhere to be found,” The Witch then raised Edmund up by his collar, the shackles making a loud noise. “Where are they?

“I— I don't know.”

“Then you have no further use to me.” She released him with a thump, preparing to hit him with her staff. I attempted to speak but I got cut off by Edmund.

“Wait!” Mentally groaning, I then huffed in annoyance. “T–The beavers said something about Aslan.”

“Aslan?” A sliver of fear etched its way to the witch's face. My eyebrows raising in interest. So, she was afraid of whoever Aslan is. “Where?”

“I—”

“E—He's a stranger, Your Majesty! He–h–he can't be expected to know anything—” The oompa loompa suddenly hit Mr. Tumnus head with the butt of his axe. My eyes shut tight in pain, biting my lip.

“I said,” Jadis glared at the faun then turned back to Edmund. “Where is Aslan?”

Tumnus sat up from his position, furrowing his brows when he felt something odd. He raised his hand to touch his head, his face scrunching up when he felt nothing. Then, like he thought of what could be the cause, he faced me in question. Gasping in alarm when he realized what I was doing.

“I— I don't know.” Edmund answered the witch, facing both Tumnus and I. The former still looked at me in a mix of gratefulness and panic due to him knowing what I was doing. I was taking away his pain.

“I left before he said anything,” The boy continued, gulping in nervousness. I nodded at Tumnus to stop acting suspicious, momentarily halting the process of using my abilities to ease him up. “I wanted to see you!”

Guards!” Jadis called out, having finished a stare off with Edmund.

“Your Majesty.” A large troll entered the room, his voice as rough as sandpaper.

“Release the faun.” Taking a deep breath, I then stood from my position. All of their attention seemed to focus on me, making me internally smirk.

“If I may, Your Majesty,” I took a small step, facing her with a facade of fear. “I would like to make a suggestion.”

Her eyes zeroed in on me, holding it for a few seconds before nodding at the troll. The creature lowered his weapon in dismay, standing briskly by the side. She then signalled me to go on.

“From what I could notice from my sister. She spoke so highly of that faun.” I then faced said creature with a scowl, him looking at me confusedly.

“Go on,” Jadis shifted her footing, her hand tightly on her staff. The object that showered me with intense power. “I'm listening.”

“She has a soft spot for the faun.” My words were clear. Thinking of it with carefulness, not wanting her to get wrong intentions.

“I don't see how this is useful. Where are you going with this?!” Her burst made me flinch slightly, annoyance bubbling from inside her. I wanted to reply with ‘It isn't my fault you're an idiot.’ But seeing as lives were on the line, I had to filter my words.

“I'm saying that this creature could help you get her.”

“A bait,” The Witch gave out an amused expression, lips twitching ever so slightly. But then she narrowed her eyes at me. “Tell me this, why wouldn't I use either of you as bait instead of the faun? You are family after all.”

If things weren't covered in ice, I would've spared a sweat by now. I glanced around the room, eyes landing on a frowning Edmund. Just then, an idea popped up in my mind.

“We aren't exactly on good terms. She hates me for . . . not believing her about Narnia. And him?” Only a few more lies and we'll be finished. Apologies Edmund, but I need to say this in order to let her believe it. “He's an idiotic outcast seconded by me. Our family wouldn't even make an effort to get us.”

With a little effort of flowing a feeling to her, my ability took hold of her string. I softly pushed past the barrier she put up, not wanting to alert her of my doing. Due to only using a little amount, my eyes were gratefully not glowing. I made her embrace a feeling of gullibility.

Her mouth opened once more, myself interrupting her. I already knew what her next inquiry would be about.

“I'm only doing this for the sake of myself. If they hate me enough to not come for me, then I shall not spare them a sliver of chance to get away.”

My face did its best to play make believe. An expression of hungering over revenge took over my face. Jadis smiled at this, feeling the evilness seep from my entirety.

“See this? This is how you do it, Edmund. This is how you serve your Queen. Not just by turning in a faun for sweeties,” I gave a questioning look at Edmund, doing my best to not smack him right at the moment. She then turned around, ordering her entourage once more. “Ready my sleigh. We have a surprise for their family.”

And with that, she exited with a bang on the gates. Her small group happily complying to their duties. I sighed heavily then sat back down.

“Why did you do that?” Mr. Tumnus suddenly spoke from beside us, giving me a curious look. “Why did you have to save me?”

Looking him straight in the eye, I answered him with the truth. “The only reason why Lucy chose to stay was because of you. And besides, you play a huge role in my plan.”

I then told both of them to huddle closely, filling them in on what went inside my mind. The only thing left to do now is hope that they could fulfill their parts and not screw it up. Because the world knows Edmund is an absolute imbecile who can't lie for his life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 4.3K 31
𝐶𝑜𝑚𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢? 𝐶𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝐼'𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑏𝑎𝑑, 𝑎𝑚 𝐼? Katherine Edwards has lived next door to the Pev...
264K 8.7K 68
⁺◞ ༉ ❪ orphic ❫ ꜜ anastasia beauregard was enchanting, but, above all, a mystery. with her american accent, stand offish demeanor, and a story...
109K 4.5K 22
James Pevensie loved fiction, so when his youngest sibling claimed to have found a new world, it was no surprise that he was taken to it. Only when i...
491K 14.7K 31
"You're not going anywhere, if anything your little boyfriend will just have another seat next to you." Peter threatens. A sharp laugh fell uncontrol...