A Heart To Keep (A Michael Ja...

De _TheGlovedOne

๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต, ๐˜... Mais

DISCLAIMER
CHAPTER 1- Flustered
CHAPTER 2- The Jones'
CHAPTER 3- Sixth Sense
CHAPTER 4- Favor
CHAPTER 5- Electricity
CHAPTER 6- Ideas
CHAPTER 7- Confirmation
CHAPTER 8- Apple Pie
CHAPTER 9- Attack
CHAPTER 10- Note
CHAPTER 11- Lonely
CHAPTER 12- Check-up
CHAPTER 13- Plane Ride
CHAPTER 14- Spark
CHAPTER 15- Waiting
CHAPTER 16- Envy
CHAPTER 17- Distant
CHAPTER 18- Foreign Feeling
CHAPTER 19- Unrestricted
CHAPTER 20- Safety
CHAPTER 21- Stay
CHAPTER 22- Breakfast
CHAPTER 23- Invitation
CHAPTER 24- Gift
CHAPTER 25- Signals
CHAPTER 26- Confused
CHAPTER 27- Confession
CHAPTER 28- Ill-Fated
CHAPTER 29- Truth
CHAPTER 30- I Can't Make You
CHAPTER 31- Misunderstanding
CHAPTER 32- Girl Talk
CHAPTER 33- In the Dark
CHAPTER 34- Ethereal
CHAPTER 35- Spotlight
CHAPTER 37- Bad Omen
CHAPTER 38- Suspicious
CHAPTER 39- Troubled
CHAPTER 40- Unknown
CHAPTER 41- Memory
CHAPTER 42- Anxious
CHAPTER 43- Revelation
CHAPTER 44- Shatter
CHAPTER 45- Time
CHAPTER 46- Danger
CHAPTER 47- Brink
CHAPTER 48- Letting Go
CHAPTER 49- Years
CHAPTER 50- Apart
FINAL CHAPTER- Again
Author's Note

CHAPTER 36- Fear

1.2K 63 21
De _TheGlovedOne

(Trigger warning: This chapter contains a sensitive topic of abuse and maltreatment that may be uncomfortable for you to read. If you wish to skip this chapter, feel free to do so.)

AMELIA

"Secret lover and Michael Jackson, already dating?"

"Singer Michael Jackson called off his engagement with Brooke Shields for the secret lover?"

"What's the real catch? and who is this mysterious girl?"

Those are just some of the headlines plastered all over countless newspapers, magazines, and even on the entertainment segment of the television news for over a month. It didn't affect me that much because I like to laugh at them when they got the wrong identity, and surprisingly, it wasn't a big of a deal as I thought it would be.

Jaz and Ace are the two people who knew my relationship with Michael, at least on my end. My mother still doesn't know however, Auntie Mary has an idea that I'm in a relationship but she doesn't know who. We liked to keep it to ourselves, as selfish as it sounds, for him to do his job properly and for me to work freely as well.

I realized that whenever you're associated with Michael's name, it's always a big deal. You get more than one opportunity for a certain task or business offers come running to you. I commend his PR people for keeping my name in the shadows, that way clients can still see my work as my own and not a prize to get closer to Michael.

I have worked day and night to get into this position that I'm in, and it is no doubt that with just one flash photography of myself with him, years of hard work will go down the drain. People will just see me as a person who is using him for his name. It will likely go down that path. But I thank the heavens because it hasn't happened yet, and I wish to keep it that way.

I rolled the plans I'm working on neatly and place them on the box beside my drafting table. Jaz and I opted to work a few more hours today to finish some details for Michael's dance and recording studio. That building is a special case since it needs the right acoustics and materials. Knowing him, he's meticulous about things like this so I need to run these plans with him for approval.

Jaz is also fixing her things so we can go out to dinner before it gets late. When I looked at the wall clock, it's already eight in the evening. My stomach started grumbling and I looked at Jaz who also looked at me at the same time and had a telepathy moment. We laughed it off and joined each other's company and decided to grab dinner at the restaurant down the block for the first time in a long time.

Bill and Steven always pick me up on a Friday so l could immediately talk to Michael once I got in the car. However, I asked him if it's okay to have this night for me and Jaz, to have some bonding time alone. He insisted on letting them pick us up but it will cause more attention and we both didn't want that so he just reminded me to be cautious of my surroundings.

Nobody knew who I was and nobody knows I'm associated with Michael by any means, so I guess it's safe to say that I can still stroll around the city without getting bombarded with cameras and questions up in my face.

Upon stepping foot outside the premises, an odd feeling came over me that made me search across the streets and on the parking lot. I found nothing suspicious or maybe it's just the little voice in my head that's being paranoid.

We took a walk to the restaurant Jaz has been dying for me to try when she and Ace went out. Quite skeptical for those two having dinner together but who am I to judge. We went inside the restaurant and she asked the hostess for her reservation. While they're having a conversation, I still feel a lingering feeling behind my back that made me turn around.

"Hey Mia, you okay?" Jaz touched my arm to catch my attention.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Yes uh- is everything ready?" I asked her.

"Yes, our table is ready. Let's go"

We went inside, ordered our food, and had a pleasant meal. We discussed our current and future projects, including little insights on Michael and I's relationship. She's been dying to know some details but I chose to keep my mouth shut because I have to respect his side and his privacy. I do trust Jaz with all of me but I cannot splurge everything in one sitting or someone might hear.

"Don't you think it's crazy?" she said as she forked her steak.

"What?"

"That you're dating Michael Jackson?" my eyes widened.

"Hush your loudmouth or someone might hear," I whispered.

"Has it already sunk in?" she questions.

I sighed, "Not yet really. I feel like it just happened yesterday, and now we're already a month in,"

"Don't you get, you know, afraid?"

"What do I need to be afraid of?" I nervously laughed.

"He's not here, he's busy, tons of women are chasing your man, from all over the world if may I add," 

"You know Jazmine, you're just creating a non-existent problem. Everything is alright between him and me," I said and picked my food off of the plate.

"Still, you should be careful. Especially with the letter.." she crisscrossed both her index finger.

"X?"

"Uhuh. And you know exactly who I'm talking about," she told me. Now that I think about it, I haven't heard any news from her since the night of Quincy and Peggy's party. I shouldn't be worried about her trying anything on Michael,

Right?

I swatted away any negativity that swarmed my head, but the pessimistic thought lingered up until we finished dinner. Every time Jaz opens up a new topic, the thought keeps coming back, like a broken record player running over and over again. I manage to keep up with her story but a different one is playing in my head.

We finished dinner and told her that the dinner is on me. I felt guilty for not paying much attention as she did to me. Of course, it's in her nature to resist but I insisted and she gave in eventually.

We head back to the parking lot where our cars are parked and called it a night. I was surprised when Bill nor Steven showed up. That must mean Michael wanted me to have fun with Jaz tonight. Although it was short-lived, I still enjoyed our girl time.

We said our goodbyes as she revved her engine and waved back to me. I was still opening my car door when she drove off and the feeling of someone's stare piercing my back happened again. I didn't waste one second as fear instantly came over me so I hurriedly opened the door, hopped in, and lock it immediately once I was inside. My heart was pumping out of my chest and my breathing started to get shorter. I search my bag for the medicine and took it once my hand was wrapped around the prescription bottle.

My muscles relaxed as I tried to breathe in sets and my heart is back at its normal pace. I look around once again but I just saw streetlights and darkness.

Get a grip, Mia.

Even if I deny countless times in my mind that it was nothing, it keeps crawling back under my skin while I was silently driving back to my apartment. The uneasiness is unbearable it made me shiver. The only way that this would go away is by hearing that sweet voice I've been waiting to hear ever since this morning so I stepped on the gas pedal to get home faster.

I parked at my usual spot and walked into my apartment building in a trance, possibly because the medicine that I took is taking its effect. It made my whole body relaxed it yearned a soft material to lay onto.

I didn't bother to lock my door and just closed it instead and dashed towards the wall phone in the kitchen. I quickly took of my shoes and dialed a familiar number while grabbing a glass of water in the process, waiting for someone to pick up.

"Hey there pretty lady," his hoarse voice greeted me that made me regret even calling.

"I'm sorry, Michael. Are you sleeping?" I shyly asked as I drank the water.

"I was about to, I just finished a show," he said in a slur. I looked at my clock and it's half-past eleven. He's performing at the city of Irvine so there's no time difference.

The hairs on my back immediately shoot up involuntarily as confusion covered my face.

"You go ahead and rest, okay? I'll just call you in the morning," I said to him.

"No, stay on the phone. I missed your voice," he cooed on the other end that made my heart leap in joy, with a mixture of unexplainable premonition.

"Aw, I missed you-"

"You know I've missed you more baby," a tight gripped was wrapping my arm that startled my whole being, making me unclasp my grip on the glass causing it to shatter on the floor. Shards of it grazed my leg and drips of crimson run down, mixing with the water laying freely on the marble.

They always tell you that if you feel that someone will harm you, you defend yourself in any possible way you can. In this case, my body was frozen and stuck on the ground. The shock was pure terror to the point that I cannot move even a limb. I have yet to see the face of my trespasser but he reeks of cigarette and rum.

I heard Michael's faint screaming through the phone receiver as he repeatedly shouts my name. I, on the other hand, can't utter a single word. It was replaced by a deathly silence and whimpers as tears pooled in my eyes.

"Did you miss me, darling?" he snarly remarked.

"Who are you," I shakily asked.

"Why don't you turn around and see for yourself?" he daringly said as his hot breath fanned the sides of my face. I turned around and was faced by a demonic ex-lover. Drake tightly grabbed both of my arms and slammed my back against the wall, making me lose a grip on the handset.

The last time this scum was here was when he's begging me to give him another chance. Guilt can be seen through his eyes then. But now, his eyes are dark and unreadable. Almost like he came here to complete an unfinished agenda.

"What the hell are you doing here, and how did you get in," I gritted through my teeth.

"That's not important anymore darling," he steps closer to me and got a whiff of his vile scent, "'Cause now I got you, and you're all mine," he evilly laughs. A lump in my throat arises as tears are brimming in my eyes.

"Let go of me Drake, you're-" he catches me off guard and clenches one of his hands on the sides of my face, digging his cigarette-stained fingers on my cheeks.

"Do you really think you could get away easily? Huh?" he tightens his grip, making me grimace in pain. "Do you think I wouldn't know?" he sneered.

"What?" was all I could manage. The pain from his touch and my heart are too much to form a coherent sentence.

"That your pretty boy that was here before was your boyfriend?" he said with spite.

"How did you-" his grip tightened that earned a cry from me.

"I have eyes, Mia. You're all over the papers, and don't even try to deny it. I know that lips from afar," he gritted under his breath.

"Stop it, Drake. You're hurt-" I tried to push him with all my might but he is too strong even if he's intoxicated. At each passing second his eyes are getting darker and his demeanor is becoming no less than a devil. He slams my body back to the wall and stared at me dead in the eyes.

"What did I say, Mia? We're still not over. You're mine, no one can love you as I do," he said and forcefully slammed his disgusting mouth on top of mine. I tried to avoid it but he keeps jerking my head in his direction.

I felt so helpless, and my body is getting weaker as the clock ticks. I tried to scream for help but he tightly covered my mouth with his hand as his other hand roamed the parts of my body that aren't meant to be touched.

He violently kissed my neck as I wailed, trying to push him as hard as I can. I used all of my strength but it didn't compare to the strength and force that he is giving. He hovered me until I slumped down the floor, still fighting to loosen his grasp on me.

I shouted as my heart raced like a stallion. He continued to grope me as his fingers dig into my skin. I never once imagine that this would happen in my lifetime, but this is what I get for settling once with a low-life like him.

He started grabbing the collar of my shirt, trying to rip them open. Some buttons came flying off but I tried my hardest to cling to it as I swat his vicious hands away.

"Drake, stop! Please!" I cried, pleading that this nightmare would end.

"Why would I? I'm already here to take my prize," he smirks as he continues to shame me and rips my clothing apart.

My breathing began to shorten as I struggle to get off of his grip. I was gasping for air but he continued to toy me like I'm a slice of meat, ready for him to devour.

I felt like I'm getting nowhere fighting this predator. I'm considering giving up because I am no match for his strength. I'm struggling to breathe and recognize the surroundings that I have no idea what was happening anymore.

I tried to get away from him and inch myself, propping one arm on the side but a piece of glass embedded on my hand during the process, causing it to bleed like my leg.

Everything began to get hazy, the room is spinning by itself as Drake continues to do his malicious act. I sat weakly on the floor, crossing my arms in front of me to at least protect my self but I cannot hold on any longer.

"Stop fighting me, Amelia!" he yanks my arms away and tucks them behind me. I was weeping, praying to whoever is listening to save me.

His hands were all over my body but I felt it detach and the cold wind stung my skin. I feel lightheaded and I can barely open my eyes. His shouting blared across my empty apartment together with other voices but gets thinner, seemingly shouting from a distance.

My frail body slumped down on the floor as I struggle to keep myself awake. Everything became blurred and all I saw next was darkness.

Continue lendo

Vocรช tambรฉm vai gostar

117K 1.2K 11
This is a fictitious story of Michael Jackson's life after he finds his true love Jasmine Devereux in the year 1988. This novel will take you on an...
10.5K 470 24
Michael was not only a vampire but the King of Vampires. But his world was shattered when his family was killed and he was condemned in the depths of...
50.6K 2.1K 39
{Bad era} ๐Ÿฅ€ How Does it feel Living with the Man you loved to death who gets Abusive all out of sudden and turns your life upside down.. He was sick...
51.2K 2.3K 42
๐™—๐™–๐™™ ๐™š๐™ง๐™– โ€ข ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ•-๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ "๐˜‘๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๏ฟฝ...