๐’๐€๐‹๐•๐€๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐โ”€๐›๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š...

By paradiseearth

[BOOK TWO IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] losing her twin brother was one of the hardest things avery collins had to... More

01. rest
02. the one where we're all going to die
03. growing old
04. first the fish
05. doomsday cult
06. the list
07. best friend
08. in the trap
09. sniper on the loose
10. heart on fire
11. plan b
12. internal enemies
13. the arrow
14. the house
15. the answer
16. the test
17. monsters
18. sacrifice
19. grudges
20. natblida
21. sisters
22. conclave
23. the victor
24. monin hou
25. friend or foe
26. back home?
27. sat-star one
28. home
part II
29. the ring
30. dynasty
31. alien spaceships
32. aye aye captain
33. no (wo)man left behind
34. back to the ground
35. trusting
36. echoes
37. no means no
38. the enemy itself
check in! (not an update)
39. the escape
40. guns
41. betrayals
42. sunshine to badass
43. reunited
44. preparations
45. evacuation
46. countdown
47. ten year slumber
48. our hope
part III
49. the awakening
50. planet alpha
51. swarms
52. warnings
53. foes
54. homicidal maniacs
55. kepa-she
56. primes
57. one way or another
58. greer
59. forgiveness and parties
60. heartbreak
61. eureka
62. child of gabriel
63. missing
64. answers
65. a-l-i-v-e
66. in the joberry field
67. our hell
68. at the stake
69. revived
70. chaos
71. non-believers
72. adjustment protocol
part IV
74. farmhouse
75. no kings or queens
76. for the thousands
77. disciples
78. take two
79. bardo
80. GEM9
81. traitor
82. earth
83. no forgiveness
84. hurts like hell
85. shaken
86. back to sanctum
87. flatline
88. ghosts
89. revived
90. the last war
91. the choice
92. together
93. a new life
94. rebuilding
95. those who remain
-after-
I.
II.
III.
the end.
new stories! + hi imy
one year anniversary!
-bonus chapters!-
bonus chapter: one
bonus chapter: two

73. the other side

2.7K 84 108
By paradiseearth

Serenity had once again settled over Sanctum. No more chaos, no more mobs...no more death.

But as the sun rose over the settlement, it was clear that serenity was not felt in the hearts of the many.

So much had been lost.

We had received word from the transport ship that they were back on their way to meet us...but they too were not unscathed from death.

Abby Griffin had been killed. Russell, the monster that he was, had turned her into a host to which Clarke was forced to kill her own mother-at least the body of her mother.

My heart grew heavier with that news, only imaging the pain that Clarke was in.

But I was also plagued with my own devastation because Greer was still dead. It hadn't been a dream.

A cool frost covered the ground as darkness gave way to dawn. The rising sun brought no warmth. 

My body shivered as I re-entered the storage container we had taken refuge in the night prior. Bellamy remained by my side, his hand gripping onto mine as we entered. 

She was exactly where we had left her. Her blonde curls tumbled around her as she laid in complete stillness. Her skin had become even paler than it had been the last time I saw here, the blood drained from her features. 

I felt my knees grow weak as I looked at her. I had known Greer for barely two weeks, but it had been long enough for us to forge a bond that seemed unbreakable. Moreover, she was just a child. The loss of any young life was heartbreaking. 

Silently, I approached her still body, pulling my hand from Bellamy's as I dropped down next to her. 

"Ave," Bellamy whispered softly, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I've got her."

I shook my head, looking to him with teary eyes. "I can do it." I assured, pulling her limp body into my arms. "I can do it."

He wore a sad look as I stood. His own eyes had gone glassy as he looked down at the little body in my arms. "She didn't deserve this."

Nodding slightly, I pulled Greer's body closer to me. "She would have been amazing." I whispered. "If she just had the chance to grow."

Pulling me close, Bellamy pressed a kiss to my forehead. And although I had promised that I was capable, he gently took Greer from my arms. 

I was grateful for his attentiveness, because as much as I wanted to hold on to her, it destroyed me having her body so close. 

We fell back into silence as we made our way out into the centre of the settlement. Here, all of the destruction from the previous night could be seen on full display. 

This place was ruined, and I couldn't help but feel that it was partly our doing. 

My eyes travelled the scene, watching as people mourned their losses. It was clear they had never faced devastation as such. 

"Why is it everywhere we go, disaster seems to follow?" I questioned, my voice quiet and broken. 

Bellamy glanced down at me, giving me a gentle look. "Don't blame yourself." he ordered. "It does no good."

I accepted his response, falling back into silence as we neared the area where all of the bodies had been lined up.

"We'll leave her here for now." Bellamy said softly as he laid Greer next to the others. "She'll get a proper burial when the time comes."

I nodded, trying to blink away the tears as I watched him cover her body with one of the sheets that had been provided. 

"I can't come with you to the anomaly." I announced, my voice giving way to devastation. "I need to stay here...for Greer and for the others."

Bellamy let out a small sigh as he laced his hands in mine, looking down at me. "And I can't stay here." he countered. "Octavia needs me."

"I know." I whispered, my lip quivering as I looked up at him. "Echo will go with you guys, and when the time's right we'll find each other again."

Pulling me into his chest, Bellamy buried his face into my hair. "I hate leaving you." he mumbled. "It never ends well."

A teary laugh came out muffled against his chest. "But somehow we always find our way back to each other."

"I love you Avery." he said softly. 

I moved away from his chest, pushing myself onto my tiptoes so I could press a firm kiss to his lips. "And I love you."

"They're back!" Echo called, drawing mine and Bellamy's attention away from each other. 

We broke apart, our eyes landing on the group that were making their way up the stairs. They all looked broken in one way or another- some physically, some emotionally. 

"Come on." Bellamy beckoned, taking my hand in his as we made our way toward the group.

"Don't let this delay you." Gabriel instructed Bellamy as he brushed past us. "We're still leaving."

My heavy eye flitted toward him for a moment, but Bellamy seemed to be focused on something else. I followed his gaze, my eyes landing on Jordan.

"Go ahead." Bellamy encouraged, nodding toward the rest of our friends. "I'll be there in a second."

Part of me wanted to follow him to see how Jordan was doing, the winning part of me had no motivation to do so. 

Giving Bellamy a small nod, I parted with him and followed after Echo who was making her way toward the group. She gave me a gentle smile as I caught up to her, swinging her arm around my shoulder. 

I forced a smile onto my face, leaning into her slightly as we walked. Echo and I may not have been best of friends, but we were still family.

"You'll look out for them right?" I wondered quietly. Having her out there with Bellamy and Octavia made me feel slightly better. 

She nodded. "Of course. And don't worry, I won't try to kiss Bellamy."

I couldn't fight the laugh that escaped my lips. A month ago, hell even a week ago, a comment as such might have upset me. But lately, I found myself looking at the bigger picture. There were worst things in this universe than a girl who kissed my boyfriend. 

Echo gave me a quick grin as she unlaced her arm from me, allowing me to accepted the embrace of an oncoming Raven.

Her body crashed into mine, and I could tell by the way she held onto me she was in pain. I let out a sad sigh, gripping onto her.

"I'm sorry about Abby." I whispered, knowing how much she meant to Raven. "I'm so sorry Rave."

She nodded, pulling back to give me a small smile. "I'm just glad you're all okay." 

As if on cue, two more bodies piled on top of ours, sandwiching us in a hug. I let out a laugh as Murphy and Emori squeezed Raven and I. 

If anyone could take away the pain, it was my family. They had been there for me after Finn, and they were here for me now. 

With the smile still etched on my face, I turned to see Clarke and Bellamy tangled in a tight embrace. For Clarke, Bellamy was her person- her best friend and she needed him now more than ever. 

She pulled away from him, and her eyes found mine. Giving me a teary smile, she took a couple steps toward me. 

I untangled myself from the group, making my way toward Clarke. The two of us had had our ups and downs over the years, but I was relieved to see she was okay.

Pulling her into a tight hug, I felt her body shake with small cries. My eyes found Bellamy who watched the two of us with a sad look.

"I'm so sorry about your mom, Clarke." I said gently, knowing how much it heart to lose someone you cared about so deeply. 

She nodded, pulling away. "I'm sorry about Greer." she whispered.

My face fell slightly as I let out a sigh. "We do better now, right? I mean this is our like tenth chance, we have to get it right eventually."

Clarke let out a sniffled laugh. "Now we do better."

-an-

and that is the end of season 6! I seriously cannot believe we are on the last season- it's so bittersweet. I'm excited to write it, but sad for this book to come to an end :(

love you all 

-maddy xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 4.1K 84
๐˜๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป (๐—ป.) ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด, ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น๐˜† ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜‚๐—ป๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๏ฟฝ...
17.7K 410 35
"๐˜ผ๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™„'๐™™ ๐™˜๐™๐™ค๐™ค๐™จ๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช; ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™๐™ง๐™š๐™™ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™›๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ข๐™š๐™จ, ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™๐™ง๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ก๐™™๐™จ, ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฎ ๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ง...
8.2K 199 18
BOOK 2 of ?? After Mount Weather and killing all of the people in there, Madison left without even saying goodbye to no one, she didn't want to go ba...
26.9K 384 28
''Every breath I take it makes me feel so broken. There are so many words that have gone unspoken.'' โ™กโ™กโ™ก She talked to the girl on earth every day h...