Roses Are Red

By naeguji

Bungou Stray Dogs One Shots :) feel free to request More

Requests/Intro UPDATED
Fond of You (Dazushi)
Sweet Obliviousness (Ransushi)
Happy Birthday, Chuuya (Chuuatsu)
Love Potion (Dazushi)
1, 2, 3 (Soukoku)
Hide and Seek (Ranpoe)
A Beautiful Princess (Dazatsu)
The Agency's Kitten (Dazushi)
Dazai's Pet (Dazushi)
I Remember (Dazushi)
Set Up (Soukoku)
Happy Birthday To Me (Dazatsu)
My God (ShinSoukoku)
The Art Of Seduction (Shinsoukoku)
Drunk and In Love (Dazatsu)
Sidetracked(Chuuatsu)
Taunting (Fyozai)
Voodoo (Dazatsu) Pt. 1
Beautiful (Shinsoukoku)
Blood and Lust (Dazatsu)
Ropes (Chuuatsu)
Voodoo (Dazatsu) Pt. 2
Say You Love Me (Ransushi)
Watch Your Mouth (Ransushi)
Valentines Day (Ransushi)
Voodoo (Dazatsu) ALTERNATE ENDING
No Need To Lie (Sigmaki)
Rendered Speechless (Dazatsuchu)
Make The Touch Go Away (Dazatsu)
Indifferent Because You Want Me To Be (Ranpoe)
An Interesting Turn Of Events (Polydecay+Shibusawa)
The Wedding (Shinsoukoku)
❗️❗️IMPORTANT PLEAse rEAD I BEG.
Forgive Me, Lord (Dazatsu)
Jealousy Is Love (Shibufyo)
Teacher's Pet (ShibuFyo)
Twenty Three (Dazatsu)
Boy Friends (Soukoku)
A Difficult Case (Chuuran)
Designed For You (Soukoku)
24 Hours (Shibufyo)
The Need To Shed Blood (Shibufyo)
Prey and Its Predator (Shibufyo)
A Dragon's Pet (Shibufyo)
Compensation (Soukoku)(Shibufyo)
An Incu- Succubus (Shibufyo)
Look Pretty (Soukoku)
Look Pretty (pt. 2)(Soukoku)
Accidental Expiriment (Shibufyo)
Run Away With Me (Shinsoukoku)
Feel Me (Shibufyo)
Royal Affairs (Shibufyo)
Polar Opposites (Shibufyo)
Cleanliness (Dazatsu)
Ruin Me (Dazatsu)
The Waist Alone Is Ten Grand (Dazatsu + lots of others but primarily dazatsu)
Soft and Warm (Dazatsu)
The God Of Pleasure (Dazatsu)
Its Dark Out (Tsumori)
Seven Minutes In Heaven (Ranatsu)
Request Stuff!
Weasel (Tsumori)
No more updates

Happy Birthday, Atsushi (Dazushi)

3.6K 76 81
By naeguji

Model!Dazai AU, Modern AU

Word Counts: 5570

~•°•~

"Oh jeez- I'm so sorry!"

"It's ok! Don't worry about it! Accidents happen."

"...ah- uhm.. I-I can- replace it for you, though, if you'd like."

A laugh. "Really, it's ok."

  "Happy Birthday, Atsushi!" Kyouka put her hands together with a soft smile. She watched as the white haired male grinned, carefully opening the wrapped present she'd given him.

  "Woah— no way!" Atsushi's eyes widened and practically sparkles, with a wide grin on his face. He held a magazine in his hands. The boy's most favorite model in the entire world, an incredibly rare issue to get your hands on. It wasn't just a couple pages of him and then whatever else the magazine wanted in it. It was all him. Even custom poses and a couple of him shirtless at paid requests of patrons. And not only that, on the front it was signed! "Happy Birthday, Sushi ♡︎ ~ Dazai Osamu."

  "Kyouka!! How did you get this!?" Atsushi couldn't practically be any happier than he was right now. The purplette giggled softly, a small smile on her face.

  "I remembered when you wanted to go meet him in person to have him sign one of your magazines, but you ended up getting sick on that day and couldn't go.. so, I went for you. I didn't have any magazines of his so I just bought the most expensive one I could." Kyouka hummed.

  "Ah, you're the greatest friend ever!" Atsushi grinned brightly, pulling her in for a tight hug. It truly did mean a lot that Kyouka took into consideration that day, and went and got it signed. Not just his name either! She had him write a specific message for him! Even if Dazai had billions of fans... even if he didn't even remember signing it, and even if it meant nothing to him, it meant the entire world to Atsushi.

  Kyouka's phone went off. She sighed. Her and Atsushi had scheduled a couple hours to hang out today, and she'd surprised him with his birthday present near the end. Now, she had to get back to work. Kyouka taught a junior karate class for children under the age of 15. "Ah— you should get back to class." Atsushi sighed, scratching the back of his head. "I'm sure that you students probably aren't very fond of Kunikida subbing for you."

  No, no they were not.

  "It'll teach them patience." Kyouka sighed softly with a little chuckle. She waved her goodbyes to her white haired friend, before heading off back to the dojo. "See you!"

  Atsushi sighed softly, giggling as he held the magazine close. Of course, he was incredibly happy to have a magazine of the model he admired most in the world, signed by him. But he also cherished it as a gift. Because of this he had to make sure absolutely nothing happened to it. If it were just a magazine he bought himself, he could easily replace it if something happened to it. But this was bought and given to him by his best friend. No matter how many he bought, he wouldn't be able to properly replace it. So.. yeah.

  Of course, as if by ironic timing, Atsushi was suddenly shoved to the ground. It was obvious the person who did it was in a hurry... and much taller than the boy given the force he shoved him. Atsushi fell to the ground, on his stomach, and the magazine had fallen out of his hands, ended up getting trampled on by the person who shoved him. It was a complete accident, of course. The man quickly turned. "Ah-! My deepest apologies, miss!" The male leaned down, not aware he was still standing on the magazine, and offered a hand to him.

  Atsushi took his hand. The male had significantly bigger hands than he did.. and his voice was a little deep. "...I-I'm a guy..." he politely corrected him. The white haired male looked up at him as he stood up. He wore a black straw sun hat, and had sunglasses on. His hair was tied back in a short ponytail. He wore a white T-shirt, a black vest over it and blue jeans. "Ah-!" The brunette noticed he was stepping on something that belonged to the boy. He stepped off, staring down at the magazine curiously. Atsushi scurried to pick it up. It was covered in footprints and dirt. "O-oh jeez..." What absolutely awful timing..

  "...ah, you're a fan?" The tall male tilted his head, clearly meaning a fan of the model who posed on the front of the magazine. "You should let me buy you a new one. Those types are quite expensive." The male's voice seemed to sound bored all of a sudden... maybe even annoyed? Is this guy annoyed when he stepped all over my magazine and offered, by himself without me asking him too, to buy me a new one-!? Seriously, what the hell... The man adjusted his sunglasses.

  "A-ah... no, it's ok." Atsushi quickly shook his head, earning a tilt of the head from the taller male. Seemed he wanted an explanation. Now, Atsushi didn't know who the heck this guy was. But he felt like he was obligated to explain. "..my friend got it for me as a birthday present.. so I really can't just replace it like that." He said with a nervous smile, running a hand over the magazine. "Plus, it's only the cover that's all dirty. The pages are maybe a little wrinkly now, but it's still the gift she gave me, so..." He just gave an awkward smile.

  The other's demeanor seemed to change yet again. "I see." He hummed. "Well... at the very least let me make it up to you. Buy you a drink, or something." The brunette hummed, adjusting his hat a little bit. It was clear that he wanted to repay the smaller boy for accidentally trampling over his magazine. Atsushi could only assume that the man was a fan as well. Otherwise, how would he know about how much these specific magazines costed? And also, why would he care to ask if he was a fan if he himself wasn't?

  "Ah... sure, that sounds ok. But you really don't have to if you don't want to." Atsushi scratched the back of his head. The other didn't seem too annoyed or bored in his voice anymore. He wondered why. Maybe he genuinely felt bad now because it was a birthday gift and not just some dumb magazine from a crazed fan?

  Maybe.

  "Great." The brunette smiled and offered a hand for the other to take. "My names Ukita, by the way." He said. Such white teeth. How's he do it? Oddly enough the smile felt familiar but Atsushi decided to just ignore it.

  "Nice to meet you, Mr. Ukita." Atsushi took Ukita's hand, thinking he wanted him to shake it. "My name is Atsushi Nakajima..." But instead the other held his hand and began to lead him somewhere. Ah— to a cafe, where he planned to by him a drink. Ukita's hands were warm... soft.. gentle. That made him smile a little. Kind strangers with nice vibes were always something to smile at.

  "Order anything you want." Ukita told him with a smile, as they stepped up to the cash register. "It is your birthday, after all." He chuckled

  "Ah..." Atsushi would feel way too bad spending this stranger's money. He wouldn't do that just because it was his birthday. He didn't even know Ukita. So he just got a small coffee. Well— could it even be considered coffee? The caramel was half of it, and when they sat down, Ukita watched as he dumped an incredibly amount of sugar and cream into it. The brunette chuckled.

  "A sweet tooth, hm?" He rested his head in his hand. Ukita hadn't ordered anything to eat or drink. Given by his tall and slender and fit figure, he assumed he probably was on some sort of diet. He was tempted to ask, wanting to become tall. ;-; "You know, this kind of feels like a date, doesn't it!"

Atsushi tilted his head with a nervous giggle. Maybe with any stranger, he would've become a bit uncomfortable. But how come he didn't with Ukita? Maybe it was a stranger he was meant to be naturally friends with. Naturally comfortable around. "...ah- I-it does, doesn't it?" He said with a nervous chuckle as he drank his drink.

"Mhmmm..." The male nodded with a little smile. "Hey, would you happen to be free this evening?" The male chimed with a little smile.

"Ah... I would be, yeah." He had the day off, it was his birthday of course.

"..wonderful! You should stop by this one place at around 5:30 pm! It's your birthday, if you go in and tell them your name they should take you to the top of the building where you can watch an amazing sunset!" He put his hands together. It was clear Ukita was still attempting to make up for accidentally trampling on his magazine.

"Oh... is that so?" Atsushi hummed softly as he took a drink out of his coffee. Well... he certainly wasn't doing anything later, was he?

Ukita and Atsushi ended up chatting for quite a bit. Getting to know each other better, smiling and laughing. It was nice. Atsushi made a friend today, and he always got happy whenever he did for obvious reasons. Eventually, Ukita's phone went off and he informed Atsushi that he had to return to work. "Ah, no worries." Atsushi waved off his apology with a kind smile. The two waved each other goodbye, before a grinning Ukita disappeared into the city. What a kind and interesting individual. A little odd, but still.

Atsushi spent the rest of the day relaxing. He'd gone home to put his magazine in a drawer so that wouldn't happen again. He also got properly dressed for cold wether. He was gonna go check out that building that Ukita told him to. And if he was gonna be up there watching the sunset it was bound to be cold. He wondered where Ukita worked. He didn't really say. It was just super vague, or he'd somehow casually manage to flip the conversation.

Kinda odd, to say the least. But who was Atsushi to press that? Nah.

The white haired boy stared at the coordinates on the map on his phone then up at the building as he got there. Tall building... watching the sunset from there would be pretty beautiful. It was incredibly quiet around the building. Dazai had said that if he went in and told them his name and that it was his birthday— but it was so quiet. Was there a possibility no one was inside. Oh jeez... what if it's an abandoned building, and Ukita has lured him here to jump him, or worse...

Well... Ukita was a genuinely kind person. He almost definitely didn't seem like the type of person that would try to do that. Atsushi took a deep breath. It was just a building... why'd he feel so nervous? He walked up to the door, placing his hand on the cold silver handle and pushing it down, pulling the door open. Noisy... very very noisy.

The inside, there were many many people and many many lights. It was noisy too. Atsushi's eyes were still getting used to the light, when he heard a voice. An unfamiliar female one. "Name?"

Ah— he should probably tell her his name shouldn't he? "Atsushi—"

"-Nakajima. Ok, wait here." The girl walked off. Atsushi frowned. They recognized his name but he really felt like she shouldn't be here.

Now that he has a clearer view of the room he was in, he felt even more like he didn't belong here. The walls were all black, black umbrellas and tall stage lights. There were about three racks of clothes in the room that were constantly being run in and out. A lot of people wearing the same shirt, headphones and a mic. A couple holding the clipboard. "..." hang on. What did their shirts say? No Longer Human Magazine. Wait— the— the magazine that Dazai modeled for!? Did Ukita know? Stupid, of course he knew. Did he have some sort of connection with the magazine? Ohh... he probably set it up for him to come here, as a sort of apology for trampling all over such a precious gift.

Though, Atsushi hardly ever did good with large groups of people in a room like this. He backed up towards the door. Ok- he was feeling incredibly anxious. He wasn't sure he wanted to be here anymore. It was an exciting thought at first but... now it was just terrifying.

As Atsushi's hand desperately seemed to search for the handle without turning around, one of his arms was suddenly grabbed from the side. He was suddenly pulled behind a couple boxes. "Don't worry, it's just me." Ukita had put his hand over his mouth so Atsushi wouldn't freak out too much and scream.

"U-Ukita-?" Atsushi seemed to relax seeing as he knew someone here and was with them. He turned around to face him, blinking a couple times as he was met with a toothy grin. Ukita wasn't wearing his hat or sunglasses anymore. Matter of fact, his hair was down. Ukita- that's not Ukita.

"Surprised? I knew you would be." Dazai chuckled softly, patting the other's head. "I might've considered telling you sooner but we were in public and God knows that I didn't need that."

Oh my God, this was embarrassing. Of course, Dazai was always used to big fans who would walk around. But they were all the same. Touchy, loud, obnoxious.... mostly females. And all they cared about was if Dazai was hot or not. That's why he seemed to have sounded so annoyed when he'd seen his magazine. He figured he'd met another one and thanked God that he was in his disguise. But then, Atsushi was different.

First of all, it was worth mentioning that when Kyouka had gone to get the magazine signed, they did engage in a little conversation. Dazai was curious, asked if she had a photo of the person he'd be signing for. He was good at being able to read people just by a photo, so he knew what to sign to make them the most happy. And once he saw Atsushi, to be quite honest he was completely love struck. He hadn't been able to get his face out of his head. When he bumped into him, he didn't recognize it at first because his hat and glasses obscured his face a bit. But when he did realize...

"U-Uh—- I uh..." Atsushi didn't know if he was anxious, freaking out quietly or just— nervous. But his heart was pounding. This was the kinda stuff— meeting your most favorite model— that only happened in movies.

"Shhh, sh." The brunette put a finger to the other male's lips and he could've sworn his heart skipped a beat. "They'll find us if you're too loud."

Atsushi could hear a voice from behind the boxes. "Dazai ran off again." A woman groaned in annoyance. "Seriously, when can we fire this guy?"

"You and I both know there's no way we can fire him." A male sighed. "Let's just work on finding him or something. Where's that Nakajima guy?"

"I think he left. He seemed way too panicky and anxious to have stayed here." The woman chuckled a little. "Imagine, that kid in show biz."

Show biz? I'm not in show biz. Atsushi frowned. Dazai just grinned. "Shh, follow me." He moved his hand from the boy's arm to his hand, before sneakily leading him past many rooms and to an elevator. He relaxed once they were finally in it. The brunette laughed. "That was certainly fun! Sorry, I would've told you to come through the back door if I knew you'd be this anxious." He patted his head, a hand in his pocket.

"A-ah.. it's uhm... no problem." Atsushi murmured. He obviously had a question, and by the way the brunette was looking at him he obviously was waiting for him to ask it. "Uhm.. w-what were they... talking about back there?" He still couldn't believe he was holding a conversation and sneaking off with Osamu Dazai.

"Hm? Ohhh," He just laughed a little. "You're to be modeling with me today~! You see, my partner threw a hissy fit last second. So when I came back after meeting you properly," Properly? Have we met before improperly or something...? "They instantly wanted you. Just for today, so don't worry."

"W-wait— but I never agreed to that! I can't do— cameras. Or- anything like that." Atsushi quickly shook his head with a frown.

"They pay well~" Dazai chimed in a song-ish tune. Mhm... that seemed to settle it for Atsushi.

"...a-are you sure? I'm pretty sure you can't just take some random person off of the street and use them for a magazine... aren't they- pretty strict about that stuff...?" Atsushi frowned nervously as the elevator came to a stop.

"Yuh huh, but I told them you were my boyfriend and a pretty good modeler and they took my word for it~!" The boy chimed as he walked out of the elevator. Atsushi followed, his cheeks a slightly different color.

"B-Boyfriend—? Wait- but- I've never done any modeling before! I'm just- gonna embarrass myself and make you look bad-!" Atsushi was obviously... a very pessimistic guy.

Dazai turned on his heel to face him, catching Atsushi off guard since he was still walking and now they were incredibly close. The taller male lifted the boy's chin to look up at him. He hadn't been making eye contact the entire time. "It'll be ok, Sushi." Sushi... that's what he signed on my magazine, too. "Trust me, I already know." He loved his hand away from his chin and patted his head with a giggle.

"H-How... can you be so sure...?" Atsushi murmured softly.

"Because~!" He turned around again and took his hand. "I'm never wrong! Now cmon, before they find us." He giggled, and began to lead Atsushi through the halls.

This might be why Dazai was his favorite modeler. Heck, his favorite celebrity. Because he was like a normal human being. He wasn't all caught up in social media. Heck, he was fairly sure the man only had Reddit, of all things. He didn't get into heated drama with anyone. He didn't act full of himself or snobby, like how many celebrities did. He just... acted like himself. Normal. And even while doing so he still gave off an aesthetic and calming aura. That's probably half the reason why he made such a good modeler. He was completely natural.

Dazai led Atsushi up a staircase to a small room with a pair of doors. He pushed them open, and once again light engulfed Atsushi's vision. Colorful lights. A sunset. "See, I told you it was pretty, didn't I?"

Atsushi's eyes were wide as he watched the beautiful view. The sun was shining through the many buildings in Yokohama. The sky was a beautiful combination between purple and yellow, orange and red complimenting them. Pink and purple clouds were perfectly placed as if painted onto the sky. "...woah... it's beautiful..." He murmured.

Dazai watched Atsushi with a soft smile. "..You don't remember me, do you?" The brunette spoke softly.

Atsushi blinked and met the taller male's eyes. "I.. don't..?" Again, had they met before or something..?

"College, remember? You were a freshman and I was graduating." He smiled. "You split coffee on my laptop."

"Oh jeez- I'm so sorry!"

"It's ok! Don't worry about it! Accidents happen."

"...ah- uhm.. I-I can- replace it for you, though, if you'd like."

A laugh. "Really, it's ok."

"Oh... Oh-! I remember now!" Though his demeanor soon faded to a rather awkward and apologetic one. "I'm so-"

"Didn't I say it was ok?" He laughed and shook his head. "You really are too kind, Atsushi." The male spoke.

Atsushi just watched him as the brunette laughed softly. How did someone like Dazai remember someone like Atsushi from a simple time in college? He'd recognized him when Kyouka had showed him his picture. Such a kind boy...

"Hey, you should still be in that college, shouldn't you..?" The model raised an eyebrow. It had only been two years since he'd graduated. He should be a sophomore or a junior now.

"Ah.." Atsushi felt ashamed and embarrassed to say this of course. "I dropped out." He scratched the back of his head.

"Can I ask why?"

"You can... but I'm not gonna answer... sorry."

"..." Dazai just placed his hand on his head, shaking his head. "It's fine. It's not like you're obligated to tell me, nor anyone."

"There you are." Ah, a woman. The one who'd spoken before, when Atsushi was hiding behind boxes with Dazai. Her name tag red 'Kouyou Ozaki'. "Don't get the newbie wrapped up in your shenanigans, Dazai." The female was calm, though obviously irritated.

"Awwww, we just wanted a private place to make out, Kouyou!" Dazai whined, wrapping his arms around Atsushi, who's face screamed 'Haha what the f u c k -' Obviously flustered by the little make out comment since that wasn't the case. Dazai also found it cute how easily the male was to fluster.

"Yeah, yeah. Dressing rooms are a thing, just lie and say you're getting dressed instead of making us run around to try and find you." Kouyou grumbled. "It's a wonder Chuuya put up with you as long as he did."

"I'm sure he's very happy now that he won't be modeling with me~!" Chuuya was still Dazai's partner for modeling. Atsushi knew that, for obvious reasons. But he'd had enough of the brunette's shenanigans for the day and wouldn't be doing the shoot. "If only Atsushi could stay my permanent partner!" He sighed dramatically.

Ah... there's no way I'd be able to do that. Atsushi gave a nervous little giggle. "C'mon, you two need to get dressed." Kouyou tapped her pen impatiently against her clipboard.

"Fiiiine, fiiine." He waved his hand as the three began to walk back down to the main floor. Atsushi stayed quiet the whole time.

"I can't believe this poor boy is your boyfriend." Kouyou placed her hand on Atsushi's head. "Do you need therapy? I can schedule-"

"Don't act like I'm some emotionally traumatizing boyfriend!" Dazai huffed. We're not actually boyfriends... Atsushi blinked a couple times, forgetting Dazai had told everyone that they were. He had to wonder if the brunette himself believed he was.

Kouyou went to meet up with Mori, to properly plan and schedule and get the set ready. "Separate dressing rooms, Dazai." Kouyou called to him as he obviously pulled Atsushi into his own dressing room.

"Ok, mom." Dazai shut the door and locked it. He then turned to a very nervous looking Atsushi. He'd expected him flustered at most. But— he even looked a little scared. And it was understandable why. Dazai had brought him into his dressing room and locked the door. One might think he'd try too— "Hey, hey." Dazai put his hands on the smaller boy's tensed shoulders. "It's ok. You don't need to look so worried."

Atsushi blinked as he looked at the taller male's relaxing smile. "I just brought you to mine because your dresser really has no idea what clothes would fit you. You'd look hideous in those, they wouldn't match you at all." He ruffled his hair. "So I'm gonna help you, ok?" He chuckled.

The reassurance did relax the boy. It was obvious as to why he'd gotten the wrong idea, and Dazai would never want him to think anything like that. "..C'mon, let's get you some proper clothes."

"Perfect!" Dazai put his hands together with a happy smile. Atsushi was wearing a black, sleeveless turtle neck. He wore a loose soft grey jacket that's sleeves went mid forearm. He wore a watch and a black buckle bracelet.

"U-Uhuh- but do I have to wear the skirt...?" Atsushi asked with a red face. He wore a black pleather skirt, that went a bit above his knees. Then grey socks up to his knees, and black shoes. It was- honestly something he probably would've worn... besides the skirt. Not that men couldn't wear skirts, it was just a tiny bit embarrassing because of how short it was.

"No, I just wanted to see what it looked like." Dazai laughed.

"Dazai!" Atsushi huffed.

"Relax, relax. It looked cute." He ruffled his hair. He let Atsushi change into the proper clothes, a black pair of shorts that went down mid thigh. they were short but it's not like with a gust of wind you could see underneath it, like you could with a skirt.

"Now turn around so I can get dressed." Dazai hummed. Atsushi had asked him politely to do the same while he dressed. And it's not like Atsushi was a pervert either. Respectable boys.

Dazai got dressed in a beige button up with spaced out stripes, a lighter color than the beige. The first few buttons were unbuttoned, and the bottom of the shirt unbuttoned as well, one side tucked into his pants while the other hung loosely, giving it a casual vibe. His sleeves were rolled up mid forearm. He wore black dress pants with a white belt, and black shoes. Atsushi always wondered why the other wore bandages. What his skin looked like beneath. Not in a perverted way, though, as many girls who had tried to take them off or feel under them had. And he had the pair of sunglasses he wore as Ukita, resting on his hair.

He leaned back against the wall, holding his glasses with a grin. "Whaddya think?" He smiled as Atsushi turned around.

"I think— it looks really good. It fits you..." Atsushi soon realized that hey— Dazai didn't have a person to pick out clothes and dress him in them like how he said Atsushi had one. "You picked these out yourself..?"

"Mhm~! No one knows me better than I know myself. I know what'll fit me best. And to be honest, I probably know what'll fit you better than what that stupid fitter in your dressing room does." He patted his head.

"Ah..." Atsushi was feeling rather nervous about the shoot again. Dazai noticed this and chuckled.

"Don't worry.. most of the shots only a quarter of your face will be seen anyways." Dazai chimed. He put a hand behind the boy's head and pushed his head up to his own chest. "Like this." He giggled. Of course he wasn't lying or anything but very much wanted to see the boy's reaction.

Atsushi felt his face heat up. They had to take photos like this-!? The brunette laughed softly. The smaller boy never disappointed when it came to his reactions. Cute. Dazai let him go. "Of course, a couple times you'll just be turned away from the camera."

"...o-ok..." Atsushi mumbled, lifting his sleeve to hide his face a little bit. Cute..

"Hurry up, Dazai. You're already late." Kouyou spoke through the door, obviously a little more than irritated.

"Coming, coming!" He sighed. All his fun ruined and for what? Money he needed, honestly.

He opened the door and walked out, holding Atsushi's hand. Kouyou's eyes seemed to look directly at Atsushi's knees. ?? "Good to see you weren't on your knees." She grumbled.

"H u h-" obviously everyone had gotten the wrong idea. Oh boy—

Regardless, none of them said anything about it. Maybe it was the death glare Dazai gave them that Atsushi didn't notice. Oof. He loved seeing Atsushi flustered, yes, but also wasn't going to put him through needless embarrassment over something he didn't actually do.

Dazai led Atsushi to the set. He'd guide him through how he had to pose.

"Dazai, the proper pose." Higuchi, a blonde lady who was in charge of the camera, hissed.

"Awe, don't spoil my fun." Dazai had purposely placed Atsushi in his lap, facing him, his head against his chest with a little giggle. God, Atsushi was flustered. And he didn't even have to sit like this-!? It was just Dazai— aaaaa.

Dazai moved Atsushi off of him to stand up, grabbing the top of his turtle neck and pulling it down to cause him to lean down, a little smirk on his face. Atsushi go O///O. This was actually one of the poses they'd be required to do. Thank God Atsushi's face wasn't showing. Because he was as red as an apple.

Once Higuchi gave the ok for the next pose, Dazai quickly cupped the other's face with his hands, his smirk disappearing. "Hey, you ok?" He did love seeing Atsushi flustered but—- he wouldn't but his comfort behind that. He didn't want to discomfort him at all.

"H-huh- o-oh- yeah- I-I'm just uh..." Atsushi just took a couple deep breaths, trying to hide how red his face was.

"Don't worry. I promise there aren't many shots like that." He said with a reassuring smile.

"...o-ok..." Atsushi slowly nodded.

After an hour or two the photo shoot finally ended. Though whenever Atsushi wasn't in a shot, he was treated as an errand boy. Not that he minded helping out, to be honest. It was just tiring. He ended up taking off his jacket. Too hot.

"Heyyyy~" Dazai's voice was heard behind the chair the white haired male was resting on.

"Ah..." Atsushi leaned his head back to look up at him. "Hi." He said with a small smile. The other smiled back, placing his hands on the other's shoulders, gently rubbing them.

"Sorry for making you work on your birthday." Dazai hummed softly.

"No... it's ok. I had fun." Atsushi smiled softly, but yawned. "Though I don't know how you manage to do this all day.."

"Easy." Dazai rested his head on the other's. "Everyone lets me do whatever I want!" More like he sort of just did whatever he wanted whether they liked it or not. "Well, you should probably get home, yeah?"

"...probably, yeah." Atsushi went back to his own dressing room this time where he could properly change into his clothes from before. Dazai did the same in his own dressing room.

Dazai waved to Atsushi. "Ok, I'll see you later, ok?" He said with a smile. But something seemed off about Atsushi. "...you ok..?"

Atsushi gave a small nervous look off to the side. "...it's just that uhm... it's night time now and.. I'm kinda... petite, I guess?" Ah— earlier when they'd bumped into each other even Dazai had mistaken him for a girl. So... well it was just as dangerous for Atsushi to walk around at night as it was for a female, sadly.

"...no worries, I'll walk you home." Dazai smiled, taking the other's hand and leading him out the door.

"Ah-! Are you sure..? I don't— wanna be a-"

"You're not a burden." The male spoke before the other could finish. He knew the type of person Atsushi was... he was definitely that type of person to think he'd be a burden to someone for no reason at all— "Plus, I was just gonna head home anyways so I'm really just getting a couple extra steps in."

"Oh...." Atsushi murmured softly, feeling reassured by a little squeeze the brunette gave to his hand. "..thank you, then, Dazai." He spoke softly. He definitely felt a lot safer walking around with him.

"Of course." He smiled softly.

"Uhm- what're you doing?"

Click.

"Hm? What?" The brunette tilted his head innocently. Atsushi blinked a couple times.

"......well... it's just that— I didn't really expect you to follow my into my bedroom and lock the door." He said with a nervous smile.

"Ha!? You mean you let me inside your house without the intention of anything physical-"

"I didn't even invite you into my house!" Atsushi squeaked.

"Relax, Atsushi." Dazai plopped down on the bed, relaxing. "I'm not gonna cuddle you without your permission." He ran a hand through his hair.

"...cuddle?" Atsushi blinked a couple times.

Dazai tilted his head with an innocent smile. "Yeah, cuddle. What did you..."

"..."

"Ohhh—~"

"No-"

"Atsushi is so dirty minded, thinking about sex~!"

"I was not thinking about sex!"

"Mhm, your friend down there says otherwise."

"What—" Atsushi glanced down. Dazai laughed.

"I'm kidding." He stood up. And thank God he was, otherwise Atsushi might've had a heart attack and died from embarrassment.

Dazai wrapped his arms around the smaller boy. "...I will leave if you want me to."

Atsushi sighed softly. "...mm... no, it's ok." He sighed, scratching the back of his head. "You can stay.."

"Thank you." Dazai smiled softly. Atsushi truly did want Dazai to stay, it was just a teensy bit flustering was all.

The brunette kicked off his shoes and laid back on the bed, holding his arms out, open, for Atsushi. He smiled softly and took off his own shoes, crawling into bed and into his arms.

He curled up as the other wrapped his arms around him.

"...Happy Birthday, Atsushi."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345K 19.9K 67
You are transported into Bungou Stray Dogs and take Chuuyas place in the Universe. STARTED: July 7th, 2022 ENDED: September 20th, 2022
4.7K 137 31
Bungou stray dogs one shot and other random stuf !!
119K 1.2K 25
Random soukoku oneshots that pop into mind!
3.3K 129 21
Just a collection of short Bungou Stray Dogs stories, hope you like it! I use random first names to replace the reader's, but you can read by replaci...