Petal [h.s.]

By alisonfelix

[Completed] [MATURE CONTENT] [TW: Mentions of drug abuse and self-harm] "When I met her, I told myself 'no f... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (*)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (*)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 (*)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 (*)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (*)
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 (*)
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 (*)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 (*)
Chapter 43 (*)
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 (*)
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51 (*)
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55 (*)
Chapter 56 (*)
Chapter 57 (*)
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78 (*)
Chapter 79
Chapter 80 (*)
Chapter 81
Chapter 82 (*)
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85 (*)
Chapter 86 (*)
Chapter 87 (*)
Chapter 88
Chapter 89 (*)
Chapter 90
Chapter 91 (*)
Chapter 92
Chapter 93 (*)
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97 (*)
Chapter 98

Chapter 6

5.4K 198 95
By alisonfelix

Violet.

My heart was thumping wildly as I followed Harry up the stairs. Most of the people had left by now, but I noticed a handful staying behind. Most of them I recognized from the couch in Harry's club last night, including Louis and Eleanor.

"This is my room." Harry opened the door and I saw the king size bed in the decent sized room. The en-suite bathroom looked spotless, and I could immediately tell Harry didn't exactly spend a lot of time here. I felt like I was in a perfectly cleaned hotel room. 

A knock on the door revealed Eleanor. "I brought you some pyjamas and stuff you can borrow." She smiled, handing me a towel, a nightdress and a toiletry bag. "I also put some... lady products in there." Eleanor added rather quietly and I quickly shook my head. "I won't be needing those. I don't get my period. Thanks, though." I handed the small bag of tampons and pads back to her.

She frowned for a second before nodding knowingly. "Ah, of course. IUD, right?"

"Um, yes. Sure, IUD." I nodded back. 

"Well. Goodnight." She waved as Harry and I before disappearing again. She had taken her hair out of the ponytail and I saw her long brown locks fall down her back in the most elegant way.

Harry was lying on the bed after he had kicked his shoes of and he was staring at his phone intently. It was then that I realized I had left my phone in the car when we walked in. "Harry?" I piped up, causing him to whip his head and look at me, permanent frown on his face. "What?"

"I left my phone in the car. Can you go get it for me?" He let out a deep sigh and I tried to look as angelic and innocent as I could to persuade him. In no way was I fit to find my own way back to the front door. This place was a maze. 

"Fine." He huffed, putting his shoes back on, grabbing a set of keys and leaving the room. I was engulfed in silence as I quickly headed into the bathroom to change without him barging in. The night dress that Eleanor handed me was... short. To say the least. It was shorter than the leather dress I was trying to wiggle out off, and the material was slightly see through. 

I'm not wearing that.

I opened a few of the drawers in the room, finding some of Harry's spare clothes that he probably left here in case he slept over. I grabbed a white t-shirt and a pair of boxershorts before heading back into the bathroom to change. I felt less than comfortable in Harry's clothes, but it was still better than having to sleep in my underwear.

Eleanor's toiletries consisted of make-up remover, a toothbrush, deodorant and eyedrops. I wiped off the little make-up I had on and brushed my teeth as Harry walked back into the bathroom. He was slightly out of breath and I suspected he had ran up the stairs.

"Why are you wearing my clothes?" His eyes looked me up and down with a frown when he saw I was wearing the white shirt and the briefs. I couldn't tell if he looked neutral or angry. Definitely not happy. 

"Eleanor's nightdress didn't fit me." I lied, but was glad when he believed me and just nodded. "I don't like it when other people wear my clothes."

"I'm sorry. It's just for one night. I don't want to sleep naked."

"I don't want you to sleep naked." He assured me and I rolled my eyes without him noticing. I didn't mind that I wasn't his type, but he didn't have to constantly rub it in my face that he found me that unattractive. 

I didn't answer and Harry went into the bathroom once I had left it. I folded the leather dress and put it on one of the chairs in the corner of the room, before my eyes landed on my phone lying on the table next to Harry's wallet. 

I was about to grab my phone, but the wallet caught my attention more. I quickly flipped it open and found Harry's ID.

"Harry Edward Styles." I muttered, reading his full name as my eyes trailed over his unamused, moody facial expression in the picture. He looked slightly younger there, but just as serious. My eyes flicked down to his date of birth. The snort and cackle that escaped my lips was louder than I had intended it to be. 

Harry instantly came out of the bathroom. "What's going on?"

"You're 23? Born in 1998?" I held up his ID as if I needed to prove his age to him. I was unable to hide the grin on my lips, having to contain the fit of giggles that was about to escape. He looked confused and frowned. "Yes, I'm 23."

"Do you know how old I am?"

His lack of a reply caused me to go on. "I'm turning 25 this year. I'm like a year and a half older than you."

"And that's funny because..." He put his hands on his hips.

I tried to catch my breath in between my laughing spurts. "I-I don't even know. I never thought you were so young."

Harry's body tensed and his lips formed a thin line as he looked at me with anger in his face. I had finally stopped laughing and put the ID back where I found it. It was seconds later that he grabbed both my arms and pushed me against the wall behind me, knocking the breath out of my lungs. 

I yelped in surprise when he held my arms up against the wall next to me, his knee separated my legs quickly and his face was inches from mine. I felt slightly dizzy from his sudden actions and the proximity of him. 

"Do I look a year and a half younger?" He asked through his teeth.

My breathing came out in puffs as I stared into his cold, hard eyes. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't know you minded your age that much."

"You think I'm a kid?" He sneered and I quickly shook my head no. His lips moved closer to my ears as I felt his curls tickle my cheek. "I may only be 23 but I've never had anyone complain. The contrary."

I immediately had no doubts that his words were true. Harry didn't look 23. He didn't look a day younger than I did as his broad form towered over me. The slight stubble on his jaw and chin added to the rugged, adult look along with his tousled curly hair that was pushed back from his forehead. 

He definitely had the body of a grown ass man. 

He brushed his lips over my ear and I drew in a sharp breath before he released me and disappeared back into the bathroom.

I was trying to catch my breath as my shaky hands grabbed my phone. I cursed under my breath when I saw it was dead and wouldn't turn on, so I just left it on the table and decided to get under the covers. 

I was about to protest about having to sleep in the same bed as him, but this mattress looked so comfy, that I honestly didn't care if Satan was lying next to me. 

The fatigue overwhelmed me as my eyelids felt heavy. My eyes were already closed when I felt the bed dip under Harry's weight. He didn't make any attempts to get closer to me as I stayed on the far right side of the bed, and he on the left. I heard him flick off the light and let out a sigh, before we both drifted off into sleep without another word.

***

"Violet! VIOLET!" The loud voice reached my ears as my eyes flew open and I gasped for air. My body jolted up in the bed and I was frantically looking around, checking my surroundings. I felt like my heart was beating overtime in my throat and my legs were shaking as I caught my breath. 

Harry had turned on the bedside table lamp and frowned at me. "What the fuck?!" He stated.

I noticed how my hands clenched the sheets and the t-shirt clung to my sweaty body. I had another nightmare. "I-I'm sorry." I swallowed thickly, still trying to breathe normally. "Did I wake you?"

"You almost punched me in the face." Harry rubbed his tired eyes, the frown still apparent on his forehead as he looked both tired and annoyed. 

I mumbled an apology under my breath before got up to go to the bathroom to compose myself, closing the door behind me as I hastily made my way over to the sink, shaking hands turning on the tap as the cold water rand down my hands. I didn't even think of the possibility to have a nightmare tonight. If I had told Harry what could happen in my dreams, there was no way he'd object me sleeping in another room. 

I could hear Harry getting up from the bed before his knocks were heard on the door. "Violet?"

I screwed my eyes shut and swallowed again, patting my cold wetted hands against the skin of my arms that felt like it was burning, moving my hands up to my heaving chest before dipping my wet fingertips under the neckline of the shirt and patting my shoulders. 

"I'm fine." I called back with a hoarse and shaky voice. I knew I hadn't fooled him, but I hoped he was polite enough to leave me alone. I stood leaning against the counter, still holding my hands under the cold stream as I continued patting any part of my body that was accessible. 

I was still trying to slow down my breathing, my head felt dizzy from the amount of oxygen that travelled to my brain and I saw black dots appear in front of me. "Fuck." I groaned as I blinked a few times and laid down on the floor on my back in an attempt to calm down. The cold tiles soothed me slightly.

The door opened and Harry stood over me looking confused. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to calm down."

He looked uncomfortable and awkward standing there, obviously not knowing what to do. "Just go back to sleep. I'll be fine." I assured him as I just wanted to be left alone. I didn't know Harry nearly well enough to go through this with him and his stare on me only made me more dizzy. 

He curled his lips into his mouth and nodded slowly.

"Sorry I woke you up by almost punching you." I muttered.

"Hadn't closed an eye yet anyway. Do you have any idea how badly you grind your teeth at night?"

"You're the one who insisted we sleep in the same bed." I retorted, defending the horrible TMJ I had struggled with all my adult life. My molars were in bad shape from the heavy crunching I did during the night, and I had more than once woken up with bloody and swollen cheeks from chewing on them during the night. 

"If you had told me I'd have to sleep here, I would have brought my mouthguard." I added.

Harry didn't say anything but stood still against the bathroom counter, still not going back to bed. He was just... waiting. It was a few minutes later he extended out a hand and I accepted his offer to pull me up. I was shaky on my legs, the headrush from standing up too fast once again causing me to see spots.

"Easy." He muttered, holding his hands on my hips to steady me. I was face to face with his bare shoulder and I did my best to keep my eyes focussed on his face. I could tell he had a bunch of tattoos and I scolded my own curiosity in order to not study them intently. 

I knew Abby had said he was hot, but I had never looked at him like that. His brow was furrowed in concentration as he tried to see if I was stable enough.

My hand rested on his shoulder to support myself as I slowly regained my normal vision and shot him a smile. 

"Thanks." I was about to let him go, but his hands stayed firmly on my hips, not letting me move an inch away from him. My body tensed as his eyes flicked down to my lips, he reached one hand up to cup my jaw and leaned in, already closing his eyes before they fell on mine. 

I could've stopped him so easily, but I didn't. 

I whimpered against his mouth in surprised and stared widely at his closed eyelids. The kiss was firm and hard, but his lips were soft. His hand slid to the small of my back, giving me a firm tug so that our hips were touching, our bodies flush against one another as his mouth moved against mine. His other hand was still cupping my face. 

My eyes fluttered close and I felt myself melting into his touch when his thumb pressed down my jaw and he slipped his tongue inside my mouth before his fingers tangled back into my hair.

His other hand shamelessly dipped into the shorts and he grabbed a handful of my behind over the fabric of my underwear, pulling me closer into him and he moved one of his legs to rest in between mine. 

I felt my hands tangling into his hair and holding on to his neck as the deep kiss continued. It felt... nice. 

My fingertips glided down his back and I tore my lips apart from his abruptly when I felt the unevenness of his skin beneath my touch. I peeked over his shoulder to see his back in the mirror and gasped when I saw the multiple jagged scars running over his back. Some covered up with tattoos slightly, but still visible and definitely touchable. 

"What happened?" I asked, my lips slightly pink and swollen from the heavy kissing. I could tell he was still catching his breath as well.

His hand that was beneath my shirt travelled up to touch my shoulder blade, over the rough skin that was covered by the big scar. I drew a sharp breath when I felt him tracing the burn. His index finger slipped beneath the strap of my bra that ran along it as he kept touching it. 

I shied away from his touch and took a few steps back. It felt strange when that part of my back was touched, mainly because all the nerve endings there died and it was basically dead skin. I couldn't feel a thing when he touched it, only around the edges. Which is why it was such a weird sensation.

"I don't want to talk about that." I answered and he shrugged in response. "Me neither."

I glanced back over his shoulder to have another look at the deep lines that disturbed his skin. We stood there for a minute in silence. Any heat that was there during the kiss, was long gone.

Harry was the first to move as he made his way back to the bed, and I followed after him, flicking the light off in the bathroom to crawl back underneath the sheets. We resumed the position we had before, each on our own side and his back facing me. 

It was dark now and I couldn't see the scars anymore, but it was as if I could still feel them under my fingers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

823K 38.1K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
178K 4.6K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
303K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
124K 3.4K 73
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...