Winter Is Here // Game Of Thr...

By Audelia01

"You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved" Audelia Stark of Winterfell, the beauty of the seven ki... More

Audelia Stark of Winterfell
Winter Is Coming
The King's Road
Winter Is Coming (Jaime POV)
The King's Road (Jaime POV)
The Ride (Audelia POV)
The Ride P.2 (Audelia POV)
Baratheon's dream
Honor (Jaime POV)
Bastard (Audelia's POV)
The Golden Crown(Audelia POV)
The Lion And The Wolf(Jaime POV)
A Hothead (Audelia POV)
Duty Over Love(Audelia POV)
Love Over Duty (Jaime POV)
You Win Or You Die(Audelia POV)
Baelor (Audelia POV)
Black Is My New Color(Audelia POV)
Captivity(Jaime POV)
The North Remembers (Audelia POV)
I Swear It(Jaime POV)
Rescue Mission(Audelia POV)
Love and War(Jaime POV)
Hate or Love? Tomato Tomato(Audelia POV)
Walk of Punishment (Audelia POV)
Maimed Lion (Jaime POV)
Wolf Judges the Lion(Audelia POV)
It's Time(Audelia POV)
Pain(Jaime POV)
Death From Above (Audelia POV)
The Beginning of the End(Audelia POV)
Regret(Jaime POV)
Numb(Jaime POV)
Rains of Castamere (Audelia POV)
Painful(Jaime POV)
The Purple Wedding(Jaime POV)
Revenge Goes Both Ways (Audelia POV)
Sold(Audelia POV)
Hopes to Dreams to Disappointment(Jaime POV)
Wrong(Audelia POV)
Childish Fears(Audelia POV)
A New Era(Audelia POV)
If You Think This Has A Happy Ending... You Haven't Been Paying Attention
Scars(Audelia POV)
I've Had Enough(Jaime POV)
I Am Not Afraid Of Death(Audelia POV)
Bring The Pain(Audelia POV)
How To Keep Wanting Without Ever Getting (Jaime POV)
Life-Changing News (Audelia POV)
Decisions Decisions(Audelia POV)
War Again?(Jaime POV)
Don't Make Me That Guy(Jaime POV)
Are you Stupid or an Enemy?(Audelia POV)
Planning a War(Jaime POV)
I Wish This Never Ended(Jaime POV)
The Bear (Audelia POV)
The Army I Promised(Jaime POV)
I Served House Stark Once But House Stark Is Dead(Audelia POV)
The Battle Of The Bastards (Jaime POV)
The Winds Of Winter(Audelia POV)
The Black Wolf(Audelia POV)
News from the Capital My Lord(Jaime POV)
Physical Attraction Chemical Reaction(Audelia POV)
Questions But No Answers(Audelia POV)
Assurance(Audelia POV)
You Were Never Even A Player(Audelia POV)
With Love(Jaime POV)
Seven Hells(Jaime POV)
Nothing Ever Goes According To Plan(Third Person POV)
The Lone Wolf Dies(Audelia POV)
And The Pack Survives(Jaime POV)
Arrangements Can Be Made(Third Person POV)
Reuniting Brothers(Third Person POV)
Twins are not meant to be Lovers. Or are they?(Jaime POV)
The Night Gathers(Third Person POV)
In the Lion's Den(Third Person POV)
I Will Be Waiting(Third Person POV)
Old Endings and New Beginnings(Third Person POV)
Hidden Enemies and Common Friends(Audelia POV)
Second Chance(Third Person POV)
Now It Begins(Third Person)
Now It Ends (Third POV)

What Is Dead May Never Die (Audelia POV)

1.7K 48 6
By Audelia01

"Her grace, the Queen invites you and Lady Sansa for dinner", informed me my maid, and I turned to look at her.

"The Queen?", I repeat and she nods.

"Why would she invite us?", asked Sansa, concerned.

"It's just dinner with you, Prince Tommen, and Princess Myrcella, my lady", assured the maid.

"Joffrey won't be there?", I ask, confirming this.

"Correct, my lady".

"Well we can't refuse the Queen, can we?", I ask rhetorically.

Sansa and I made our way to the Queen's chambers where the dinner would be held. I was a little agitated but I doubted she would poison our food. She needed us, as much as she tells us she doesn't. Robb would be unstoppable if either one of us died. And with the rate he has been winning battles, she shouldn't give him another reason to fight.

"Your grace", I curtsied as we entered the chambers, Sansa curtsied as well.

"Welcome, please, sit", invited us Cercei and I sat down. Sansa sat down a moment later next to me. "I've invited you two, as you will be family soon."

I cringed on the inside just at the thought of somehow being related to Cercei. To the Lannisters. Before father's death, I would have dreamt of being married to Jaime. But now that I have seen how awful his family is, I'm not so sure I want it anymore.

"Yes, we can't wait, your Grace", I reply politely, taking a small sip of my wine. Cercei smiled at me but I could see that it had some hidden meaning to it.

"Joffrey has made the decision that he will be marrying Lady Sansa", continued Cercei, and my heart dropped. Joffrey would ruin Sansa. I needed to protect her and I was failing. Besides, if Sansa and Joffrey are married, it means that the Starks and the Baratheon-Lannister will be a joined house, that means that Robb won't be able to rebel anymore. Not unless he wants to rebel against his own 'family'.

"And since Lady Audelia has reached the age of marriage, she shall be married off too. Joffrey has decided that Lady Audelia, deserves only the best. Lord Tyrion needed to be married off for a very long time now anyway. You two will make a perfect match". Cercei smiled evilly as she took a sip of her wine. 

She was trying to humiliate me. Marrying me off to a dwarf, a young, beautiful high born lady. But I would never give her the satisfaction of me detesting that idea. It actually worked out for the best. They could have married me off to some Dornish prince, or one of their trained dogs who sit at the Small Council like Lord Baelish. Instead, I could stay close and keep an eye out for Sansa, and they won't be able to kill me or call me a traitor without dragging their own family name through the mud. And we all know how Lord Tywin would react.

"Delightful. Does Lord Tyrion know? I would love to consult him on the wedding planning as soon as possible", I reply, looking at Cercei politely. "I'm sure he has some insightful suggestions".

Cercei looked at me with a fake smile plastered on her face but I could see that she was annoyed.

"Oh Uncle Tyrion will be happy! Could I be your flower girl, my lady?", asked Myrcella and I smiled at her.

"Of course, your Grace. I would be honored", I reply.

"A princess is above being a flower girl, sweet Myrcella. I'm sure Lady Sansa will suffice in that matter", replied Cercei coldly and Myrcella looked down at her plate disappointed.

"When will Joffrey and Sansa get married?", asked Tommen, changing the subject. Sansa looked up from her plate uncomfortably. I knew she did not want this. But we had no other choice.

"Soon, darling, when the war is over. And then the wedding of your Lady Audelia and your uncle Tyrion will follow quickly", replied Cercei, taking another sip of wine.

"Mother says I'll have a new gown for the ceremony and another for the feast. But yours will be ivory since you're the bride.", said Myrcella. Sansa smiled at her but didn't reply.

"The Princess just spoke to you", snapped Cercei.

"Pardon, your Grace", replied Sansa in a quiet voice. She turned back to Myrcella. "I'm sure your dress will be beautiful, Myrcella. I'm counting the days until the fighting is done and I can pledge my love to the King in sight of the Gods.".

I clenched my jaw, and my fork and knife. I hated having Sansa in this position. She had to marry a madman for a King at such a young age. I wish I could marry Joffrey to spare Sansa the pain.

"Is Joffrey going to kill Robb?", asked Tommen curiously. I breathed in sharply, not revealing any of my emotions.

"He might", replied Cercei simply. "Would you like that?".

"No, I don't think so", replied Tommen and I smiled softly. He was such a sweet boy. I wish he were the older one so he could be King, and marry Sansa. They would have made a nice pair.

"Even if he does, Sansa and Audelia will do their duty", said Cercei and looked at us. "Won't you, little doves".

"Of course. As you command, your Grace", I reply with a dangerous look in my eyes.

The next morning, when I woke up there was a knock at the door. I had fallen asleep only a few hours before dawn, due to nightmares and was extremely tired, but I didn't mind. The sunlight shone on my bed, warming me up. It seemed like a nice day outside, but I don't think there can ever be nice days in the Red Keep.

"My lady", said a voice from the other side of the door. I sighed heavily, and sat up, making sure to cover myself.

"Come in", I said, tired.

A woman with black hair walked in, closing the door behind her. She didn't look like she was from here, she had more of an exotic look.

"Who are you?", I asked, confused. My feet touched the ground and I slowly walked to her.

"I'm Shae, your new handmaiden", replied Shae.

"I don't need a new handmaid", I reply. "Who send you?".

"Lord Tyrion, my lady", she replied.

"You are not from here", I guess, and she nods.

"No", she replied. I nod and walk over to my mirror but Shae remains standing where she is.

"What are you doing?", I ask confused, and she looks at me.

"Waiting for you to tell me what to do, my lady", she replied.

"Have you ever been a handmaiden?", I ask.

"Yes, to Lady Zuriff", she replied.

"Lady Zuriff? There is no lady named like that in this city", I say.

"She wasn't in this city", she replied.

"Well, I don't usually enjoy having handmaidens. I like to do things my way on my own. But if Lord Tyrion send you here, I guess you could just keep me company. Braid my hair", I reply and she nods, walking over, grabbing a brush and beginning to brush my hair gently.

"How would you like your hair to be done, my lady?", she asked.

"Northern Hairstyle", I reply. "You know what that is, don't you?"

"Yes, my lady", she replied obediently and began braiding.

We sat in silence for a couple moments until Shae spoke up.

"My lady, I heard you are betrothed to Lord Tyrion", she said and I look up from a book I was reading.

"Yes, that is correct", I reply, my face unfazed.

"Are you... happy?", she asked.

"I should be. They could have betrothed me to a worse man. They could have send me off to some island, or married me off to a low Lord but instead I will be married one of the Lannisters. Such honor", I reply, getting back to my book. She nods, understanding.

"I've heard Lord Tyrion was a nice man. He may not look like much, but he is a good man", she continued and I looked up once again, looking at her through the mirror.

"And how would you know?", I ask. I suspected that she was Tyrion's lover. I've heard that he enjoys to spend time in brothels, and I certainly don't expect him to be faithful to me, I doubt he wants this marriage more than me. Shae looked taken aback and I smile.

"Relax Shae. I don't care that you are his lover. I am actually glad that he has someone.".

"You are?", she asked confused.

"Yes. Neither of us want this marriage, at least one of us will be somewhat happy", I reply, flipping the page in my book.

"That's incredibly sad", she whispered, continuing to braid my hair.

"Welcome to my world", I murmur.

After I finally got ready for the day, I walked to court. Joffrey was holding it, and he expected to see me and Sansa there, much to my disappointment. But I would soon be his aunt-by-law, I would be expected to do this. But when I entered the Throne room, the guards led me to be right in front of the steps leading to the Iron Throne. My sister, Sansa was brought in moments later.

"You are here to answer for the latest crimes of your brother Robb", announced Joffrey, pointing his crossbow right at me. Sansa began crying, she was so scared but I remained unfazed.

"Please, your Grace, whatever my brother has done, we had no part of it", begged Sansa.

"Your Grace, if you want to punish someone, punish me, but leave my sister out of it. Please", I beg him and Sansa looked at me through her tears.

"Ser Lancel, tell everyone this outrage", ordered Joffrey and Ser Lancel unrolled a piece of paper and began reading off of it.

"Using some vile sorcery, your brother fell on Stafford Lannister with an army of wolves.", began the knight. The crowd around us began murmuring. "Thousands of good men were butchered. After the slaughter, the northmen feasted on the flesh of the slain". The crowd gasped and continued murmuring.

Robb was winning this war. And I was proud of him.

"Killing one of you would send your brother a message", continued Joffrey. "But my mother insists on keeping both of you alive. Stand".

Sansa and I stand shakily. I hold her close in a protective way. Joffrey was a loathsome boy. And one way or another, his past will catch up with him. And I pray to the Seven Gods that his death is slow and painful.

"So we'll have to send your brother a message some other way", announced Joffrey, putting down his crossbow, and then turning to one of his King's Guards. I felt my heart drop. What was he going to do with us?

"Meryn", began Joffrey and looked straight at me, then at Sansa. "Leave their faces, I like them pretty".

Ser Meryn began walking to us but I shielded Sansa.

"Your Grace, you can do whatever you desire with me but please leave my sister out of this. She has done nothing wrong", I begged but Joffrey was having none of it.

Ser Meryn walked over to us but I continued shielding Sansa until he punched me hard in the gut. I gasped as I bend over to the ground, trying to regain myself. I heard Sansa gasp as well and fall to the ground after a loud slap. Ser Meryn then proceeded to hit me in the back of the legs, making me collapse.

"I think the Lady is overdresses", said Joffrey in his annoying voice.

"Please, your Grace-", tried to beg Sansa but Meryn slapped her hard across the face, making her spit out blood. Then the King's Guard ripped the back of my dress, exposing my back. Sansa began crying loudly as she watched but I didn't show any emotion.

"If you want Robb Stark to hear us, we are going to have to speak louder!", yelled Joffrey. Ser Meryn raised his sword, reading to slice but someone interrupted him.

"What is the meaning of this?", asked Lord Tyrion loudly as he entered the Throne Room. I turned around to see him walking towards him, accompanied by Bronn, who was already watching me with a clenched jaw.

"What kind of knight beats a helpless girl?", asked Tyrion as he walked up to me.

"A knight who serves his King, Imp", snapped back Ser Meryn.

"Careful now, we don't want to get blood all over that pretty white cloak", threatened Bronn his hand on his sword.

"Someone get the girl something to cover herself with", ordered Tyrion. Sandor walked over, rapping off his white cape and putting it around my shoulders. I smile at him thankfully.

"Sansa is to be your Queen, and Audelia is to be your aunt-by-law, do you have no regard for their honor?", asked Tyrion in a hushed whisper.

"I am punishing them", replied Joffrey defiantly as he sat back down on the Iron Throne.

I stood up shakily, Bronn helped me.

"You alright?", he asked quietly and I nodded, helping Sansa stand as well. She wiped her tears and wrapped her hands around herself.

"For what crimes?", asked Tyrion. "She did not fight her brother's battles, you half-wit", Tyrion insulted his nephew. The court gasped and Bronn smirked slightly.

"You cannot talk to me like that! The King does as he likes", yelled Joffrey.

"The Mad King did as he liked. Has your Uncle Jaime ever told you what happened to him?", asked Tyrion and I flinched at the mention of Jaime. I have completely forgotten about him. I have had other things to worry about.

"No one threatens His Grace in the presence of the Kingsguard.", yelled Ser Meryn and Tyrion turned to him.

"I'm not threatening the King, Ser. I am educating my nephew. ", he replied and then looked over at Bronn. "Bronn, the next time Ser Meryn speaks, kill him. That was a threat. See the difference?".

The crowd murmurs and whispers around us. 

Lord Tyrion walked over to me, and I smiled weakly at him.

"I apologize for my nephew's behavior, my lady", he whispered looking at me then Sansa.

He began walking out of the Throne room and we soon followed. Today turned into a disaster but I had no other expectations. My life was in the hands of the Lions. And the Lions were cruel creatures.

"Tell me the truth, my lady", said Tyrion as he turned to Sansa. "Do you wish for your engagement to Joffrey to end?".

"I am loyal to King Joffrey, my one true love", replied Sansa and walked out of the Throne room, accompanied by the Ladies in waiting. I stayed behind and looked at Tyrion and Bronn.

"Lady Sansa, may survive us all", whispered Tyrion.

"The little King's backed up. Clogged from balls to brains", replied Bronn and I chuckled slightly.

"You think dipping his wick will cure what ails him?", asked Tyrion.

"There is no cure for being a cunt", replied Bronn.

"So what's our plan?", I asked, looking at both of them expectantly. Tyrion sighed and looked deep in thought. None of them answered. "That wasn't rhetorical".

"We don't have a plan", replied Tyrion.

"Well make one", I say, looking at him. "I can last as long as you need but I cannot have Sansa suffering any longer. She is just a little, innocent girl".

I looked at them both for a moment longer and then walk out to my room accompanied by my Ladies in waiting.

Days past with no change. Nothing. Joffrey has laid off of me and Sansa for now. And Cercei hasn't tried anything. 

That I know of.

It was calm but I knew that this could end at any moment.

Today, Princess Myrcella was being shipped off to Dorne. It was sad seeing her go on the little ship, in tears and so little. She didn't deserve to be shipped off like some object to be married off for the benefit of her family. She was being used. But I also understood why Tyrion did it. She was safer there than here. Stannis could attack at any moment, and I doubt if he wins that the 'Roayl' family will be left alive. I, perhaps, will be, so is Sansa. That's hoping that Stannis is honorable and merciful enough to let go those who were held prisoner by the Lannisters. But I had faith that he was.

"I want you to know what it means to love someone, to truly love someone. Before I take her away from you", I heard Cercei say to Tyrion and he looked at her. Then turned around and walked away. I soon followed. 

I saw Sansa talking to Joffrey as I walked by and he didn't seem very happy. I wanted to intervene but bit my tongue, I did not want to get Sansa and myself in more trouble. The last couple of days have been too peaceful.

We waited for Joffrey to walk past us, and we followed soon enough. Sansa walked a little before me, while I walked beside Tyrion and Bronn was behind us.

"How have you been, my Lady?", asked Tyrion as we walked.

"Fine, and you, my Lord?", I asked.

"I've seen better days", he replied.

"And you, Bronn?", I ask, not turning around but making sure he still heard me.

"Never had it better. I'm a rich man, King's Landing has the best brothels, and the best wine", he replied, laughing quietly. I smiled. At least someone was keeping their spirits up.

"That's nice to hear".

"Hail Joffrey. Hail to the King!", yelled a servant as he announced the arrival of Joffrey. The people however looked less than enthusiastic about his arrival.

"Seven blessings on you, your Grace", yelled a man from above and I looked up at him. Some people laughed.

"Murderer!", I heard someone yell.

"Bastard!", yelled another.

"Please your Grace, we're hungry!", yelled someone and I looked around. All the people did look malnourished.

"Freak!", yelled a man when he saw Tyrion and I looked at him with anger in my eyes.

"Shut up", I bit back.

Tyrion turned around to the servant behind us.

"Get the prince back to the keep, now", ordered the Hand of the King.

"Yes my lord", replied the servant, taking the Prince's hand and leading him away.

We continued walking, a little more aware of our surroundings now. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, someone threw dirt at the King, landing right in his face.

The King's Guard drew their swords, surrounding the King quickly to protect him.

"Who threw that?", roared Joffrey. 

Bronn pushed me behind him, shielding me.

"Stay behind me, my lady", he whispered to me.

"I want the man who threw that!", ordered Joffrey. "Find him and bring him to me!".

The Guards began beating the people who were trying to get close to the King. I gasped in shock, at how mercilessly they were doing that.

The people began fighting back quickly. Bronn was protecting me, and Tyrion stayed close by.

"Hold them back!", I heard the Guards yell.

"Just kill them! Kill them all!", yelled Joffrey and the guards obliged, slicing people who tried to get close. But that didn't stop the people, they were rebelling harder and harder against the guards. And soon some guards were thrown on the ground, beaten to death as well.

It was pure chaos. People fighting guards, guards fighting people. So many dead. Bronn sliced a person who ran towards us.

"Move!", yelled Tyrion and we began following the Queen up the stairs. I looked back and saw that the man that had performed the departure of Princess Myrcella was being eaten alive.

"Seven Hells", I curse under my breath and Bronn also looks at the gruesome scene. A man ripped off the arm of the man and held it up while others cheered.

"We have to go. We really have to go", yelled Bronn, pushing me forward and Tyrion ran after us, accompanied by some Lannister guards.

"Where is Sansa?", I asked but nobody replied. "Where is Sasna?!", I repeated louder.

"We have to get you out of here, then we'll find your bloody sister", replied Bronn, pulling me into an alleyway, and pulling me along down another alley.

"Where are we going?", I asked as we ran.

"You wanted a plan, here's one", he said and came to an abrupt stop. Nobody was around, and he handed me a dagger that he kept around his belt. "Run".

"What?", I ask confused.

"You wanted a plan, here you are. A plan. Run now. Nobody will notice, they are too busy dealing with this riot", explained Bronn. He then handed me a small pouch with a couple golden coins. "Should be enough for you to make it to wherever your brother is".

"But what about Sansa?", I ask.

"I'll take care of her. Now go", said Bronn, looking around to make sure there was nobody following us. "Go!".

"Bronn...", I looked at him. "You are a good man. Thank you".

And I ran.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 3.6K 19
- UNDER EDITING - On the day that her father, the Mad King Aerys II, was killed, Princess Visenya Targaryen, the true heir to the Iron Throne, became...
128K 3.8K 43
After the war, Rhaenys Targaryen was saved by Eddard Stark and taken to Winterfell, where she lived for the next 17 years in peace. But with the deat...
219K 8.4K 190
Aelinor Baratheon stands out in her family. She doesn't have the golden hair and green eyes of her mother and younger siblings. Nor does she have bla...
144K 3.8K 27
{Book 1: The She-Wolf of Winter} Lilia Stark was the second child born to Lady Catelyn and Lord Eddard Stark. For thirteen years she lived in the qui...