Aesthete

By kaywritingbooks

This story is about an OC character of mine, Florence Reyna is an American transfer student molded to become... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32 - Bakugo 1
Chapter 33 - Bakugo 2
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Bakugo 3
Chapter 36 - Bakugo 4
Chapter 37 - Bakugo 5
Bakugo Birthday Special
Chapter 39 - Izuku 1
Chapter 40 - Izuku 2
Chapter 41 - Izuku 3
Chapter 42 - Izuku 4
Chapter 43 - Izuku 5
Chapter 44 - Bakugo 6
Chapter 45 - Bakugo 7
Chapter 46 - Kaminari
Chapter 47 - Bakugo 8
Chapter 48 - Jirou
Chapter 49 - Bakugo 9
Closing Note.

Chapter 50 - Bakugo 10

220 6 19
By kaywritingbooks

I was ridden with guilt for my harsh words to Myra. Even if I meant it, it was still improper of me to speak to them so disrespectfully, I was still just a kid who hadn't seen most of the world to speak down on someone who had decades of experience over my few years of life.

I apologized, but still insisted that I meant what I said about staying in U.A. Myra accepted the apology easily, only nodding and giving me an odd look before they all gathered in the large limousine that would take them back to their hotel for their departure two days from now. Avery had let something slip out, the agents needed to meet with Japan's Hero Commission before they could return to America, Myra scolded her but I didn't press the issue.

When they left, I apologized to my classmates for my cold behavior, explaining that I only did that to save myself from abandoning my family. They all forgave me so easily, except for Uraraka, she insisted that I needed to make matching jewelry with her in order to earn her forgiveness.

We were in her room, Eri was with us as I sang random songs to make her smile, she liked a particularly quiet tune with low vocals, clapping her hands and saying that she had never heard someone sing so pretty.

"Wait until the School Festival tomorrow, Eri! We've got a concert for you and I hope you like it, sweetheart. Deku said he's gonna get you a candy apple okay? But I'll be the one rescuing you with a brownie!" I poked her stomach playfully and the corner of her lips lifted up only slightly.

I couldn't wait to see her smile for real.

"Yeah Eri, and Florence's birthday is the day after our school festival, so we're gonna eat real good and she's gonna open up a bunch of gifts!" Ochaco said, carefully wrapping the silver-plated wires around the garnet that I summoned for her. I was working on my lapis lazuli stone and I had finished crafting a real gold necklace for Eri with a topaz stone in the center. She was now wearing it around her neck, toying with it happily while we spoke to her of random subjects.

"Your birthday?" Eri questioned, looking to me in confusion.

"Mhm, I'm born on Halloween."

"What's Halloween?"

"Just a holiday where people can dress up as whatever they want, you can go and get candies and watch scary movies, but we don't really have to do that, and we're gonna see places decorated with pumpkins and ghosts and cats, but you don't have to be scared because it's supposed to be fun for kids!" I tried cheering her up with the words, I noticed her face had sunken with the word 'scary.' I wouldn't tell her that Halloween was to actually celebrate the dead.

"How old will you be?" She asked, giving me a silver wire as I finished working on my jewelry. I was beginning to make one for Bakugo too, I summoned thin strings of Earth's gold as I wove them together quickly. I knew it was illegal to summon precious metals that sold for high costs, but I would make the exception to bestow my friends with gifts. His was a golden necklace with a single ruby in the center, I hummed happily before responding to the little girl.

"I'll be sixteen, it's a pretty old age, but not as old as Aizawa." I teased, hearing the laughter from Uraraka.

"Aizawa." Eri said his name with happiness, I knew that they would grow on each other the way he and I did, and for that, I was relieved. Eri needed someone as supportive and loving as Shota.

"Mhm, call him a grandpa and tell him I said that." Eri agreed and I immediately had to explain that I was joking because I didn't want to get scolded by my teacher.

Mirio came to pick up Eri, I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead and she was startled, but not in a negative way.

"Um, can I?" Her lips formed out awkwardly and my heart internally melted. She reminded me of my younger sister, trying to show affection when she didn't know how.

"Yes." I stuck my cheek out and she gave it a quick peck before running to cling to Mirio's leg. I heard Uraraka cooing while Mirio bid us a goodnight and left.

I helped Uraraka put on the dainty necklace while she lazily flipped the pages of a Japanese National Magazine. We looked over the cover of Mirko and Mt. Lady posing, looking powerful and defiant.

Ochaco leaned back on me, and I wrapped an arm to her to steady our balance.

"That's gonna be us two one day in the future. Promise me, Florence." I was startled at how serious she sounded, she was holding up her pinky.

I hooked my own with hers, "I promise." I didn't expect to get that close to Uraraka, she was a bit shy and awkward at first, much like myself. Now, I was grateful, she was so supportive and caring, making sure to stay by my side even when I felt confused and lost. She kind of reminded me of Alina from middle school, except this girl didn't judge me. She accepted me with all my flaws and we remained glued to each other's side.

I took a shower in our bathing room, going to my dorm to change into comfortable pajamas. I had tossed on a simple, light gown while I watered the plants in my room, they were all growing beautifully and I wanted them to survive for as long as possible.

I was finished, relaxing on the hammock that Sero helped me set up while I read through a manga that he and Shoto both recommended. I had went through all of Bakugo's romance novels, so I needed something new to read to help pass the time.

I was getting hooked into the story, my thumbs were turning the pages as I quickly tried to understand the scenes that were unfolding before me. The door opened and in stood the boy that my mind would drift off to.

I already knew the entire guitar set I had to play, Mina had spent these two weeks drilling our dance moves into my head until it was muscle memory. I was prepared for tomorrow's concert, but Bakugo being the perfectionist he was had stayed overtime with Jirou to practice on his drumming skills. Now, he must've called it quits for the day.

I studied him, taking in the scent of the shampoo he uses and the light hint of cologne, the dull smell of caramel always seemed to overshadow whatever spray he used. He had few droplets dripping off his bangs, he peered at me with calm ruby eyes. His arms were showing from the simple, black tank top he wore with pajama pants. I smiled slightly at the All Might socks.

"If it isn't the prettiest girl in the world," I blushed, unused to the compliments he'd slip in every so often. I couldn't explain how much I loved his voice, it was so gruff and raspy, strained but in my favorite way.

I released a grin, showing how happy and enamored I was to see his idiotic self. I swung off the hammock, running towards him as I jumped in his arms childishly.

"I missed you." I sighed against his lips and he smiled, a real one that always made my chest warm.

"We were only away from each other for like three hours, moron," He mumbled, but was lifting me up as I wrapped my legs around his waist, burying my head into his neck to give him quick kisses. Bakugo carried me to the bed as I refused to let go of him, he wasn't bothered. I traced the smile he had on, admiring the way his pupils also dilated as he gazed at me.

"Ugly girl," Bakugo muttered, staring so deeply that I felt like he could see right through me, to the very roots of my soul that laid there in vulnerability, I knew he wouldn't judge me in the slightest.

"Call me that one more time and I'm kicking you out." I pulled on his cheek, narrowing my eyes at him playfully.

"You wouldn't." He shouldn't dare me in such a way.

"I really would." I began pushing him off, using force to show that I wouldn't back down from the challenge even if ninety-nine percent of my brain screamed at me to stop being an idiot and let him hold me.

"Shitty girl, stop." He whined, and I kicked his ribs, watching him nearly roll off the bed. His instincts were too quick though and he sent my leg flying away as he gripped my waist and readjusted himself to hover over me.

"What did I say? Stop calling me ugly, you bastard." My eyes were glinting with mischief as I cupped his face, letting our lips graze each other but never meeting fully.

"Tease."

"You know you love it."

"I do love you." He scowled, reaching to kiss my face but I forced my palm upwards to block his kisses. He smirked, allowing the game to continue as I dodged his attempts at affection.

"Reyna, stop." He grunted, swatting my forehead and I finally huffed, lowering my arms to cross them over my chest as I relented.

"Mesmerizing." My eyes widened, I felt my breath hitch as he gave me one of this rare looks. It was like he was devouring me with his stare, never breaking our gaze while his fingers traced all along my body.

His lips darted down, catching mine in a sweet kiss as he cupped my face with one hand. The other worked its way through my hair as he played with short strands, tugging on it slightly.

I hummed, pleased by the way I didn't have to ask him to smother me with loving gestures, he did it well enough naturally.

"I get pissed off when Dunce Face calls you angel. But he's right, you're an angel and you're mine. Don't show this side of you to anyone else, please." I gave in immediately, agreeing because him being open and raw with his heart only made me fall harder.

"I won't, not ever. But you can't either, okay? I love you, you smug bastard," I whispered, watching the way his grin grew.

His lips covered all my face, giving deep and meaningful kisses or swift pecks as he brought me closer to him, I was curled into his chest and I hid my face to hide the way I was smiling like an idiot.

I didn't deserve Katsuki.

-

"Get up! We gotta get dressed and I gotta do my makeup and get my hair ready and look cute and try to see how I can pull off that yellow outfit without looking like a banana and-" My words were cut short by the palm that slapped over my mouth.

Bakugo groaned, the hand that wasn't stopping me from speaking was sprawled out on my bed and searching for his shirt. I huffed, deciding to annoy him as I stuck my tongue out against his hand. He wrinkled his nose, yanking it away as he pulled my cheek sharply.

"It's too early for you to be acting like a dumbass." He was a morning person, but when I woke him up with a pillow slapping his face repeatedly, he suddenly wasn't.

"Well, we've got a concert today, we need to be amazing so Eri can enjoy herself."

He waved me off, "Yeah, yeah. Go get ready, I'm gonna go on a run before I shower. Show me what you look like in that skirt before we go meet with everyone else."

I tapped my chin mockingly, pretending like I was pondering over the idea even if I already agreed in my mind. His scowl grew heavy, "Okay, deal. Now exit my room, I don't allow cactuses in here anymore after eight a.m."

He shrugged off the blankets, hopping out of my bed before stooping to give me a quick kiss on my forehead.

"Text me when you're dressed, ugly."

I spent the next few hours helping Jirou manage the stadium and set up instruments as our class worked together to organize the event. The other classes were setting up their own events, I watched the general studies course prepare what looked like a haunted house. Shinsou was walking around with fake blood all over him and tattered clothing.

I waved to him and he returned it, giving me a smile before talking to his classmates. I continued on, using my vines to move around the stadium so I could have everything adjusted perfectly. Mina approached me, "Hey, this is your outfit, go get dressed and come back looking sexy." I smiled, taking the package while Uraraka tugged on my shoulder.

"Flo, where's Midoriya?" I pondered over it, where was he? He was in charge of getting the ropes and remaining equipment we needed for the performance. I greeted him in the morning but he was testing Hatsume's new equipment with All Might, both of them gave me brief hugs in passing as I used the opportunity to send replenishment to them.

"I don't know, Ochaco. He should be getting back by now, the market we sent him to wasn't too far from U.A." I frowned, growing worried at his absence. I pulled out my phone to text him quickly and ask if he'd be arriving soon.

"Hm, I hope he makes it on time, we all need to get ready." I nodded at Uraraka and we began to head back to our dorms.

I slipped the skirt over my body, chuckling at the color despite my first protests against it. I was glad for this small period of relaxation that gave us the opportunity to prepare for the School Festival. All of us had gotten closer and it was obvious, we were more cohesive as a class, less afraid to offer helpful suggestions and take constructive criticism as I got to know my classmates on a deeper level.

Bonding with Tokoyami and Kaminari over the guitar was fun, they were both music addicts as much as Jirou and I were, and we recommended different songs to each other every now and then.

Watching Bakugo play the drums had become a favorite hobby of mine, his idiotic concentrated expression was cute when he glared at the drum sticks, landing every rhythm with perfection. Of course, leave it to Katsuki to prove that he could become good at anything.

Ojiro, Tsu, Hagakure, Ochaco, Mina, Shoji, Mineta, Izuku, Iida, Sato, Aoyama, and I spent most of the dance lessons rolling around in laughter at Iida's and Izuku's awkward movements. Mina would grab me and dance as we tried to set the example for the two boys and the rest of our group. The crew of our concert consisted of Momo, Todoroki, Kirishima, Kaminari, and Kota, who all would be in charge of making things or producing their quirk in a way that would leave the crowd in awe. Momo and Mina requested that I summon all kinds of flowers to fall throughout the crowd as one of the closing acts.

Overall, bonding with them all was amazing. They made me laugh and smile more than I ever did in my entire life, we developed inside jokes and dumb handshakes that would send everyone into fits of laughter as we tried to merge our different ideas into something that everyone would enjoy. Jirou seemed the most excited for our event, I knew she wanted to impress everyone because of the way I would hear her vocalizing late at night, even Bakugo admitted that her voice was nice.

I grinned to myself as I recalled all the memories we made recently, things were going so perfect that it almost felt like a dream.

I called Bakugo, but I was surprised to hear the ringing of his phone outside of my door.

He's so clingy.

I walked to the door, swinging it open as he walked in complaining about his attire. He wore a white collared long sleeve with an orange short sleeve over it. His pants were the ones he typically wore with the shoes I purposely stepped on every so often.

"Why couldn't we wear something that made us look like cool rockstars? What the hell is this shit?" He pointed at his own shirt before studying mine, the scowl turned into a smile.

"I like the way you look in skirts."

I scoffed, fighting off the blush, "I wear a skirt for school all the time."

He grabbed the lining of the outfit, pulling me to him by my belt loop. I watched as he placed both hands on the skirt, adjusting it to where it was perfectly straight. He was staring with no shame, like I was a canvas he painted himself, his finest piece of work.

His hands slid from my waist, trailing all over my chest until they settled around my neck calmly. He brought me in to kiss him, I grinned, happier than I had ever been in my entire life.

He pulled away, "Come on, we gotta knock the socks off these shitty extras."

We were in the tunnel that would connect us to the stage. My heart was pounding fast due to the immense noise that could be heard from the crowd, I didn't know how many people were attending our event, nor did I want to know, I only hoped I could distinguish Eri from the crowd to see her reaction.

Bakugo was trying to hide his excitement, but he gripped my shoulders and shook me so hard as he yelled out about how we would beat everyone else, specifically Class 1-B. Kirishima was matching the energy, ruffling my perfected hair as I scowled and initiated a playful fight with him.

"Bro, you're not being real manly right now!" Kirishima told me while he writhed away from my headlock.

"That's what you get for messing up my hair, Shitty Hair." I muttered and he whined while calling to Kaminari for aid.

"Aw come on, Flo, you're really using the nickname Bakugo calls me?" He feigned disappointment, crossing his arms and looking between Bakugo and I.

I laughed, "That's what I get for spending too much time with the idiot." Bakugo began cursing at us but I scanned the room, searching for my best friend.

"Where's Izu-"

"I'm here!" He ran to me, giving me a high-five while I scanned him. There was something up with Midoriya, but he was pretending to be alright.

What was he doing for so long that he barely had enough time to change and haul ass over here?

He met my gaze, the guilt crossed his face for a second and I knew. I narrowed my eyes, demanding an explanation as he only mumbled, "I'll tell you later, Flo."

We stared at each other for a few seconds, communicating silently before I shrugged. I turned away, "Come on, guys, we need to act like super hot and cool musicians for five minutes."

They announced Class 1-A and we all ran out, I had the guitar slung over my shoulder while Bakugo patted my back quickly before moving to the drum set laid out for him.

"Jirou, you got this!" I encouraged her, giving her a smile while she looked at me nervously, relinquishing a small one of her own. She sauntered over to the mic while I looked out, finally seeing the masses of people who were staring at us expectantly. There were so many that I couldn't even consider counting, some faces looked excited for what we had to offer but some were just staring with expressions of disdain. I knew that most of U.A didn't like our class for all the negative attention we drew, but it was something that I hoped would be alleviated within time.

Jirou looked to Kaminari, Bakugo, Tokoyami, and I, signaling that we would start when the final finger of her hand went down. I prepared myself, guitar chip in hand. Bakugo yelled in defiance and shot a loud explosion into the air, creating our introduction. She lowered her pinky and I strummed the guitar at perfect timing.

Jirou began singing and I grinned, enjoying the melody and smoothness of her voice that filled the entire area, no corner of space would be left unheard. Bakugo crashed on the drums while I laughed, singing along with Jirou to the lyrics we created together.

The energy in the place was something I never felt before, I had never been to a concert, let alone perform one, this was one of the greatest moments in my existence. Jirou was happier than I'd ever seen, I was jumping around with the others, dancing while swinging my hips side to side to compensate for the guitar I was carrying. Denki and I leaned our backs on each other, strumming the guitar in synchronization while Dark Shadow cried out in enthusiasm. I loved seeing the way our dance team finally hit the moves with perfection, even Iida and Izuku were showing their rhythmic movements as Uraraka and Mina waved to the crowd and smiled. I saw Izuku disband from the group, jumping through the air with Aoyama as they hooked their arms together. The auditorium became filled with shining lights thanks to Aoyama's quirk, and the crowd went wild, everyone was cheering and dancing. I had to stifle the laughter and cheery feeling I felt when the girls all lined up to present a short Mineta posing in the center. Denki nudged my shoulder and smiled, both of us were thinking the same thing.

As Bakugo beat the drums with more anticipation, I knew the build-up and peak of the song was happening. At the final beat, confetti and ice decor splayed out beyond the audience as the stadium grew louder, everyone was finally enjoying themselves. I watched as the crowd cheered, finally, our hard work was paying off. Tsu was swinging Uraraka around with her tongue, Ochaco used her quirk to make people float in the air safely, I released the summoning of the flowers I had above the ceiling.

Several kinds of flowers floated down: cherry blossoms, roses, tulips, lilies, and gardenias. They were all in the air as people jumped to catch them. I searched out, wanting to see one face only. Birds were in the air, flying about thanks to Kota, but my eyes finally landed on her.

She was on Mirio's shoulder, he held her high in the air as she waved her arms around in excitement, Eri carried a smile that filled her entire face. She was laughing and cheering along with the crowd, the moment was too beautiful to be true, I knew it would stay in my head for the rest of my life. I reciprocated the happiness she felt and looked up, tears were pooling but I continued to sing from the sheer joy I felt.

This performance is for you, Sir. She's happy.

If everything I went through in my life led me to these five minutes, I would suffer through it all again just for these 300 seconds of my existence. The perfection of it all filled my heart to the brim, I was overflowing with so much pride and tranquility that nothing in the future or past could tarnish this singular instant.

This is what I lived for.

We ended the performance, the audience broke into loud applause and cheer, I looked around at my family that I made within these last few months. Not a single face from my class was filled with any negative emotion, they were all happy. My smile softened as I thanked the universe for allowing me to live long enough to witness this, to see Bakugo's face-splitting grin at me, to see Izuku standing atop an ice structure, carrying the smile I always wanted to see, Kaminari and Jirou were beaming with so much pride that it reached me instantly, Uraraka waved and gave a wink.

I could die with no regrets.

A single tear slid down my cheek, but I wiped it away quickly. That was the first time that I ever cried tears of joy.

When we finished, everyone tried calming down from the adrenaline of our performance, so we took to chattering excitedly about the other upcoming events from different classes while we cleaned up.

Bakugo and I were taking out large trash bags from the mess we made in the auditorium, I had all of it lifted in the air with my vines, but Bakugo insisted on helping so he carried four bags in his arms.

"Did you have fun?" Katsuki questioned, eyes studying me intently.

"Of course I did, that was the singular greatest thing I got to be apart of." I showed him my happiness with a smile I carried only for him, his eyes lost the glare as he shot one back.

We were shuffling back to look at other things U.A had set up, but I saw Izuku getting scolded by Hound Dog. I nudged Bakugo with my shoulder, "Go back to the gym to clean up, I need to talk to Izuku real quick."

"Why?" He was always so curious.

"I just wanna know why he was late."

"Alright, if he says anything interesting, tell me." I nodded, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek before running off to the group that surrounded Izuku. I heard their last bits of the conversation, Izuku had... fought? I frowned, crossing my arms before standing to the side and deciding that it was better to wait for him instead. The group disbanded and Izuku looked to me, gripping my shoulders and giving a huge smile.

I jutted out my lip, "Why are you so happy? I didn't know you got into a fight." I dropped my voice to a whisper, "Are you okay?"

He nodded, still keeping the same smile as his arms wrapped around me. I was surprised but returned the gesture.

"You were so happy when we were performing, I saw you!" I couldn't help but feel my heart grow warm at the fact that he was only radiating the bright attitude because he saw others doing the same.

"Yeah, yeah. Of course I am, I have Bakugo, you, Shota, my family, 1-A, what more could a simple girl like me need in her life?" I teased, ruffling his green curls. He laughed, before growing serious to look at me.

"I'm glad we're in each other's lives. I know Kacchan feels the same way," His tone was soft, so genuine and heartfelt that I lost the smile and stared at him with the same intensity.

"I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else. That's besides the point, tell me who you fought with."

He began explaining how he fought the man who showed up on our media feed at times, he was known as the Gentle Criminal. I had only heard of him because Izuku showed Uraraka and I his video once by accident. Izuku got him and his sidekick arrested and no one was hurt, I grew relieved at the news.

"You really need to stop wandering about and fighting random villains, Izuku." My scolding was nothing compared to the earful that Ectoplasm and Hound Dog gave him, but he still winced nonetheless.

"I know, lucky for me I have a partner like you." I raised my brow at his words, intrigued.

He elaborated, "I want us to work together when we're pros. We can be a team, I want Kacchan with us too, but I doubt he'll like that. Maybe he will if you convince him, imagine? Us three working together to take down villains? We'll be unstoppable, Flo."

I mulled over it, releasing the smile I tried to hide. "I like that, Deku. Us three sticking together, let's try and make it happen, okay?" I held out my hand with my pinky sticking out. Izuku smiled, looping his pinky through my own.

I found Bakugo after my conversation with Izuku, he had demanded to go see the general course's haunted house to see whether he would be frightened by it or not. Kirishima and Kaminari tagged along, and I nearly fainted from laughter when Kaminari shrieked like a little girl due to the jump scares that 1-C's students would give us throughout the stroll.

"It's not funny, Angel, aren't you scared at all?" Kaminari questioned, squealing at someone wrapped in bandages as he flew behind Bakugo and I.

"No." I replied, Shinsou fell from the ceiling, hanging over a piece of wood as Kirishima and Kaminari released what they deemed "a manly scream."

"Hey, Shinsou!" I waved, reaching to give him a high-five as he pretended to play dead with fake blood dripping from his mouth.

"You're so weird, I'm supposed to be dead and you wanna say hi?" He deadpanned while I giggled.

"Yeah, you're not that good at playing dead, you look like a possum," I joked, causing him to chuckle and Bakugo to snort, he wanted to laugh but didn't.

We viewed 1-B's play, to which Bakugo criticized it heavily while I carried Eri around my waist, her, Izuku, and Mirio were enjoying themselves so I was content. Monoma took some time to demand that we vote for Kendo to win the beauty pageant, I laughed at how idiotic he looked but I was touched to see that he cared enough about Kendo to try and force us to vote for her. I had promised Nejire my vote since this was her last year, but I was certain to vote for Kendo next year.

Monoma glanced at me from the stage he stood on, "Hey, Reyna, I might not hate you as much if you vote for Kendo." He was still haughty, gesturing around frantically to incite the same irritation in my other classmates.

"Aw, really? I should vote for her then, I'm tired of you hating me." I cried out theatrically, pretending to cry as I plead with Monoma to forgive me. He simply looked bemused and rolled his eyes.

Kirishima spoke, "I don't think he's worth your vote. You're too good to be convinced by a mean guy like him, he's not manly."

"What did you say you shark-looking scoundrel?!" That was Monoma screaming and I grew defensive over my red-haired friend.

"Don't call him a scoundrel, you damn copycat!" I booed, and hurled a stone to him while Bakugo snickered, only looking amused.

"Flo!" I whipped my head to see Mirio remove Eri from my grasp while Kirishima shook my shoulders, "You really are the manliest girl! I'm so glad you, Bakugo, and I are best bros!" I grinned at the tears that were pooling in his eyes, he must've been really touched at the way I defended him. Ah, screw it.

I brought him down to my height so I could hug him, "Never lose that manliness of yours, Kiri." He beamed at me, blushing slightly while I felt Bakugo's scowl in my direction.

Nejire won the beauty pageant after all, much to Monoma's disgust. I was proud of the third year, I even produced a bouquet of roses to give her.

I spent the rest of the day with Katsuki glued to my hip, the boy refused to leave my side as we strolled through different settings, participating in whatever U.A students had requested from us.

The sun was already setting when I said a goodnight to Eri, she took off with Aizawa and Mirio with a candy apple made by Izuku in her hand. Before they left, Aizawa pulled me in for a quick embrace, "I know your birthday's tomorrow, I didn't forget."

Oh, shit, it is. I had even forgot due to how much fun I was having. I nodded, fist bumping him before I went back to Heights Alliance.

I took a shower, the girls were there too so we were all talking through the curtains as Mina cracked jokes to make us all laugh. I got shampoo in my eye so I squealed, trying to calm the stinging I felt while Uraraka giggled on the other side of the bathing room.

When I got back to my dorm, I wasn't surprised to see Bakugo there on my bed, he was fiddling with the bracelet I gave him so long ago. That image made me recall the gift I wanted to give him now.

"Hey, I made you something." I shuffled to my desk and opened the drawer, taking out the black velvet box as I made my way to him on the bed.

He glanced between me and the box, frowning. "Why? My birthday isn't until April." I flicked his forehead, laughing, "Consider this an early birthday gift, then." He groaned at my words, pushing the box away as I tackled him.

"Come on, just accept it, Katsuki."

"No, your birthday is literally tomorrow and I'm the one getting a gift? Florence, I can't take it." He pushed my head back, I was currently on him, burying myself into the crook of his neck. Even if he tried pushing me away, he was contradicting himself by the way his index finger casually drew patterns along my spine.

"I don't care, as my birthday gift, take what I want to give you." He grabbed my face, looking into my eyes as he narrowed them. Finally, he huffed, pressing a kiss to my temple before sitting us both up.

"Whatever. Let's watch a movie." I abided, moving to turn on the TV as I set up a romantic movie that brought comfort to us both, despite the tragic ending of the story.

We were leaning against each other, sitting against the wall as Titanic began to play its opening scene. I was so absorbed into the film that I hadn't realized time was passing by so fast, we were already to the ending of the movie. I sniffled slightly when we saw an older version of Rose in her rocking chair, surrounded by her grandchildren as she told the tale of her love that would only ever occur once in her life. I couldn't imagine it, losing the one you were destined to be with at such a young age and spending the rest of your life with another who wasn't your soulmate. There was some peace to the story though, at least they would reunite in the after life, living eternally on a plane that wasn't seen by the living.

The ending credits rolled, and I felt Bakugo lean away to grab the remote. The screen turned black as a light source suddenly illuminated from him. He was holding an old-fashioned lantern, he set it on the nightstand near my bed before turning to face me. Katsuki grabbed my hands, pulling me to sit crossed-legged as I said nothing.

We were admiring each other, Bakugo looked like a fable, he was a story waiting to be unraveled as the hues of soft golden yellow illuminated his face. He closed his eyes, shoving his hand into the pocket of his pajama pants as he pulled out a silver box. I looked at it, then at him.

He grabbed my hand, lifting it to graze his lips against my knuckles gently. He cupped my face, bringing me in close to give me the softest kiss he had ever given.

"Happy birthday, baby." Katsuki's lips met mine again, he tucked his thumb under my chin, pulling at it slightly so I could part and allow the kiss to become deeper. When we pulled away, I gave him a smile.

"Thank you." He nodded, his fingers went to the box that laid on his lap as he opened it. I leaned forward, staring in shock at the slim, golden ring that stood in the center. There was a sage gem tucked in the middle of the ring, words were engraved in the inner lining of the jewelry piece. I instinctively reached out to grab it, but his hand blocked me.

"Allow me." I lifted my head up to meet his gaze before looking back down at his fingers. He removed the ring, twirling it in one hand while he had the other holding my left hand.

"Aren't we a bit too young to get married, Katsuki?" I whispered.

He huffed, "This is a promise ring, ugly girl. It's not an engagement ring." I apologized and he simply smiled, lifting my hand up to where it was between us both.

"I would never want anyone else, I only want you, Reyna. When we're older, we'll get married and all that, but this is a promise. Even when we're pros and we get busy and life tries to get in the way, we won't let it. We'll support each other no matter what, I'm not trying to be cheesy and crap, but you're the one I want to look at when I'm old and wrinkled as shit sitting on a chair the way that old hag did in the movie. I want us to be surrounded by our great-grandchildren because we'll live long enough to see it. I promise I'll just love you, you shitty girl." He slipped the ring over my finger, it fit perfectly, like it was a stray star finding its home.

I had no words to describe the amount of love I felt for him in that moment. It was something immeasurable, so powerful that nothing in existence could defeat it. It's him, it'll always be him no matter what, the smile, the glare, the scoff, the sighs, the eyes, the hair, the heart, the spirit, it's all him. We were strung from the same cloth, woven so tightly together that nothing could loosen the hold we had on one another.

I closed the distance, meeting his lips as I whispered how I loved him so much that it would last in all other lifetimes beyond us both. He agreed, pressing kisses and nipping all over my shoulders and neck while I lifted the shirt off him. He wrapped his arms around my hips, pulling me on him as we kissed with a passion and fervor that rivaled any explosion he could produce. His hands were all over my body, like he could memorize the way I felt. He let out soft sighs when I kissed certain parts of his neck.

"God, I love you so much," He spoke out, crashing his lips into mine like there was no tomorrow.

When we took a break from the heated kisses and touches, I slipped the black box into his hand. He opened it, eyes widening at the golden necklace I crafted for him.

"Why?" He whispered, lifting it into the air as he marveled at the way it sparkled in the moonlight. The ruby matched the shade of his eyes perfectly.

"To keep me with you even when we're apart." I responded, and he smiled a beautiful one. It was so sincere that my heart only bursted with emotions for the blonde boy in front of me.

"I'll never take this off." He already latched the lock of the necklace and adjusted it to where it hung off his chest. I adored the way he looked shirtless, the jewelry dangling on his neck was so fitting for him, it was as beautiful as the person who wore it.

"Thank you, Florence." He gave me a slow kiss, lifting me up and settling us both down in positions to where we could sleep comfortably.

It was past twelve and with that, I was beginning to drift off into sleep.

"Goodnight, Katsuki. I love you more than anything," I spoke so quietly that I didn't think he picked up on it.

He did.

"Ditto."

- Bakugo's P.O.V -

I woke up to her sprawled over the upper half of my body, she typically did this but a funny feeling worked its way into my chest as I saw her left hand curled near her face. The ring looked so good on her.

At first, I was nervous, I didn't want her to reject the gift and think that I was being way too serious when we've only been together for a little over a month. But I was serious.

I couldn't see myself with anyone else but her, even if we were to become two entirely different people in the future, I would still belong to her completely, there wasn't any other way around it. I never imagined myself being so in love with someone at this age, especially when all I'm focused on is becoming the best hero.

I realized that I could do that and be with her at the same time, I wasn't going to think of being with her as a setback, if anything, Florence's kindness only pushed me to work harder, to be enough to beat Deku and everyone else who stood in my way of becoming the greatest.

I felt my phone vibrating near my pillow, Florence stirred slightly and I answered the call without looking at the screen so she could get some more rest.

"Kacchan?" What the hell?

"Why the hell are you calling me right now?" I snapped in a hushed tone, I glanced to the girl beside me and she only shuffled closer to me, still sound asleep.

"Mr. Aizawa said he wants us to meet him in front of Heights Alliance immediately and for us to look presentable." His tone was worried, that only irritated me as I wondered what was needed so badly from us both that we had to be there in this instant.

"Fuck. Alright, whatever, I'll be there right now." I hung up the phone, Florence had a peaceful expression, like nothing in the world could disturb her. I slowly lifted her limbs off me, I was surprised that she hadn't woken up but yesterday's performance and events must've really exhausted her. I managed to worm my way out of her hold and off the bed in silence, I grabbed my phone, tucking in the necklace that she gave me under my shirt.

I studied her for a few moments before leaving. I don't care if they get after me, they can wait because looking at her stupid face while she slept was more important. She had a small frown on her features, is she having a bad dream? I bent down, giving her kisses on her nose, forehead, and cheeks.

The frown morphed into a smile as she sighed, pressing her face tighter against the pillow.

She's way too pretty for her own good.

I left the room, running to my dorm to change into decent clothing as quickly as possible. I brushed my teeth and adjusted the collar on my long-sleeve, but it was still crooked. Only Florence knew how to straighten out the shirt.

I jammed my finger into the elevator button, closing the door shut as it moved me down the dorm building we all lived in. My mind drifted off to that stupid nerd.

I didn't hate him, I was actually regretting the way I treated him since we were kids, always bullying and mocking him because he didn't have a quirk. Now he did, he was the chosen one by All Might, and it nagged at me at first. It was like a blister that wouldn't stop growing on my skin, it tore at me from the inside out as I grew angry on so many occasions. There were times where I just wanted to fight him, to wring his neck and have him show what exactly made him so different and special from everyone else that All Might chose him. Why was he the one that got praised by everyone in U.A? Even if teachers didn't like his reckless behavior for how quick he was to save anyone, they all admired him, I could see it in the way they looked at him when they didn't think he was noticing.

I would never utter the words out loud, not even to Florence, I'd carry this secret to the grave but I knew it was the truth.

I always envied Deku. He was meant to be a hero from the start, it was something that was different from me. I would have to work at being the best but he was destined for it, and I had despised him for that very reason. He was too good of a person without even trying, Florence was the exact same way, and that's why I hated her at first.

They would both walk around with kindness in their hearts, heroism was their instinct but it was only a skill for me, something that I needed to cultivate.

Even having the best quirk wouldn't make me the one who got chosen by All Might.

I was slowly trying to grow from the anger, from the regret and confusion while I tried to accept the fate that was already written out for us.

Reyna had thrown me off when she talked about us working together with Deku as pros in the future. I would expect to work with her, she was my girlfriend after all, but him? Why would I ever think about working with someone who I was pitted against from the start? We were rivals, both of us competing for the top place.

Save to win, win to save. We had the same goal, but that didn't mean we had to collaborate to get the job done. Still, I would be lying if I said one small part of me imagined it briefly.

Us three working together, saving everyone and taking down anyone who stood in our way. We'd be unstoppable. We would be the greatest in history. No one would even think about trying to defeat us, that small sliver of an idea nearly made me smile and agree, but there was still a bunch of things I needed to clear with Deku himself, too much of our past that needed to be handled properly, so I told her no.

She didn't push it, only giving me that pretty smile of hers and switching the subject.

I walked out the elevator, slipping on the jacket I had brought from my room as I stepped out of the building. Deku was already standing in front, he was wearing a blazer of his own while he turned and gave me a quick nod.

I didn't reciprocate it, "Why are we here?"

Deku looked away, tugging on his lip and glancing around. "I honestly don't know. All Might called and just relayed the message, he said we would be leaving with Aizawa somewhere but that's about it."

I narrowed my eyes at the mention of All Might, of course he would have the damn nerd's phone number, the kid basically looked up to the retired number one hero as a father.

Before I could say anything, Aizawa was seen at the front of the gate, he gestured for us to walk over and we did. There was a sleek black car waiting for us, I lifted my brow, "What's going on?"

Mr. Aizawa studied me for a second, "I'll explain when we get there."

I didn't feel like fighting against him, the quicker we got to where we needed to be for whatever the hell he had planned would be the quicker I could get back home to the girl waiting for me in bed.

We entered the car, I sat in the corner and placed my chin on my elbow, looking out to study the buildings as the engine revved and took off. I had one thing on my mind and it was the shitty person I fell in love with.

I couldn't get her image out of my head, how happy she looked when she was playing the guitar and moving around, how she looked even happier when I told her happy birthday and gave her the golden ring that I bought for her the one day we were apart. I asked Pink Cheeks to distract her so I could get the gift, and she listened and started acting all sappy over the whole thing.

I wasn't expecting for Florence to give me a gift, especially a golden necklace she made herself. I loved the piece, it matched my appearance for some reason and I could feel the ruby near my heart, it was hidden under my clothing but the cold pressure of the stone reminded me that it was always there, the way Florence insisted she would be.

I was tired, it was still early but I had planned on getting up around this time anyways. I forced Shitty Hair and Dunce Face to help distract Reyna while the girls agreed to setting up the commons for her surprise birthday party. Everyone was in on the scheme except for the birthday girl herself, she had no clue we'd be celebrating her birthday but I knew it would put that stupid smile on her face, the one that I loved to see as often as I could.

I went over yesterday's time spent with her, her expressions at different parts of the day, how she pretended to not be scared but her fingers gripped my shirt tightly whenever anyone jumped out during the tour of the haunted house. The tough act she liked to put on was adorable, but there were times where she was a deadly person, I knew that she could easily be a villain with her quirk if she wanted to, but Reyna was too pure to even consider that.

I remember the way she fought against those six agents from the States, how she didn't hold back at all and took them all down single-handedly. Dunce Face spoke about how scary she could be if she was mad enough, and that was true. If I was anyone else, I would've been intimidated by her fighting skills, her quirk, and her overall, but I knew her well enough to understand that she was powerful and compassionate and at the same time, she was sensitive and caring and all she wanted was to be loved.

We arrived at a large building, it was deep into Musutafu and stood high. From the looks of it, I could tell it was a pristine place, something fancy and with restrictions. Deku was muttering to himself and I turned to scowl at him, he pressed his lips shut and huffed.

When the car parked, we all got off and I couldn't stop fighting this uneasy feeling in my chest, it was like someone had put their hand inside my heart and crushed it slowly.

We walked into the building, I didn't miss the golden letters that donned the words "Hero Commissions Office" that was spread out above the entrance.

"Mr. Aizawa, what would the hero commissions need with us?" The nerd asked, looking to me to show his concern. I simply shrugged, furrowing my eyebrows and staring at the clear tiles on the floor.

"Some people want to talk to you both." Aizawa was being so cryptic, it only made the uneasy feeling grow.

We filed into an elevator and Aizawa pressed the button to floor 31, I watched the world become smaller as we shot up quickly. Elevators would forever remind me of Reyna, the girl hated them with a passion and would only tolerate the ride with her eyes pressed shut or with a conversation enticing enough to keep her mind off the motion.

We stepped out into a vast office space, I felt my stomach drop when I saw that blonde and blue-eyed old hag that Florence referred to as "Myra." She was the same one who trained Florence before she came to Japan, the agent glanced at us and called out, "Good morning, Katsuki Bakugo and Izuku Midoriya."

I didn't like the way she said our names, like she was about to deliver a blow that would kill us both.

There was another lady with her, and the number two pro-hero, Hawks. He was watching us with crossed arms, he had an easy going smile like there was all the time in the world to spend here.

"What the hell is going on?" I snapped, feeling my fists clench as I refrained myself from blowing up the American in front of me.

"I'll get to the point. The President of the United States, the commander of the U.S QAP, and the head of HPSC in Japan have all agreed to allow Florence Reyna to stay here on one condition." The hag's voice was cold and lacking empathy, she even looked like she enjoyed herself.

Deku stiffened from beside me, he was looking to me to see how I'd react, Aizawa sighed and pressed his hand against his head in frustration.

"What's the condition?" Deku and I asked her at the same time, we were already tense, both of us wanted out of there as quickly as possible.

"She's going to be unenrolled from U.A and work directly for the Hero Commissions under Hawks."

What. The. Fuck.

"Says who?" I snapped, feeling my blood boil in a way that it only did whenever Florence was concerned. Deku was pissed, I heard his jaw snap shut as he took one step forward.

"You can't just do that," His voice was strained, like it took everything in him to get that one sentence out.

I wasn't sure whether I was mad or on the verge of bursting into tears. I hated crying but I was so close to it, the idea of her being taken away from me, from us, was too much. Was this my reality now? Why? Why? Right when things were better for her, she's at the happiest she's ever been and now that's going to be snatched from under her?

This was so fucking unfair.

I felt the heat in my palms, the explosions were threatening to release and blow this place to hell, I wanted to destroy everything because if they took her away, they'd be ruining everything for me. For her.

"We can. Her mother agreed and so has your teacher over here." The lady gestured her hand out to Aizawa, he looked determined, like if nothing we can say would make him feel guilty in the slightest.

That resolve broke when Deku and I looked at him in anger, in betrayal, in a rage that only we could feel.

"Mr. Aizawa, why?" Deku's voice broke, and I gritted my teeth, wanting nothing more than to crush these two assholes that stood in front of us.

"I'm sorry. If we said no, the QAP would force her back to America and never allow her to step foot in this country again. This is the only compromise we can come up with, she'll still be in Japan, and she can even visit U.A, but she'll be under the supervision of Hawks and working as a pro-hero already."

I contemplated it, I couldn't hide the hot tears that slipped down my face and pierced the tiles one by one. I didn't want to settle, I couldn't.

"There's got to be some way she can stay at U.A," Deku looked to the agent, "If you're worried about villains attacking, it won't happen again. She's living at Heights Alliance, that's her home now. She's safe with us, you can't just force her to leave U.A and become a pro so easily, we can work this out, ma'am. We won't let her get hurt again." He finished his pleading, but I wouldn't let the damn nerd put himself on the line with those words, because I knew.

No matter what we say, no matter what reaction we had, they wouldn't budge. Aizawa's stupid ass stare told me that much, so did the damn lady's. Nothing would change their mind.

"Shut up, Deku." I whispered, finally hearing the way my voice broke, it sounded similar to how my heart shattered in that one second.

"Kacchan?" Deku questioned, he was surprised, he even looked pissed off at me.

"They're not going to fucking listen to us. Look at their stupid ass faces," my voice was rising, "They just think we're some dumb kids, they already made up their minds. They don't even care about her well-being. They just want her as a pro because of that fucking test they ran on her the other day. They didn't want to assess her progress, they wanted to see if Florence could already become a hero. That's what you bastards are here for, right? You just want a quick and easy way to produce a hero that has an American background, right?" I yelled, lunging towards the woman who stared blankly.

Aizawa's scarf flew around my body, forcing me to fly back as I crashed into Deku and we both fell onto the ground.

"Bakugo, stop. What happens to Reyna is under the supervision of America, we can't do anything about it because she's not from here." Aizawa's voice had cracked and I felt a small wave of remorse. He didn't want this for her, he was just as heartbroken as we were, but he was only acting about it the right way because he didn't want to risk losing her completely and never seeing her again.

But still, "I don't give a shit if she's not from here. This is her home. Don't you bastards see that? Her home is at U.A, she's fucking happy there, you guys are pieces of shit." I spat out towards the leader of the HPSC, she didn't react and neither did the bitch named Myra. I was acting irrationally and I knew it, if I had some sense like Aizawa, I would accept whatever they threw at us if it meant her staying in Japan.

For her sake, I couldn't give up just yet. "What the fuck do you guys want from her? Is there anything we can do to keep her at U.A?" I demanded, and Deku nodded, showing that he had the same question in mind.

We were both shot with the harsh blow of a word that escaped from the agent. "No."

Deku cried, I heard his wails as his body shook with sobs, the tears were pouring down my face and I again stood for her. If she can't be here right now and defend herself and fight back, then I'd do it for her. I wouldn't give up on her, I couldn't.

I jumped towards the group of adults, shooting my palms out as explosions sounded.

This time, Hawks was the one who stopped me. I got slammed into the ground as he pressed a feather against my neck, I wasn't an idiot, I was well-aware of his quirk and I knew he could slit my throat at this very second, but I didn't care. There was only one image in my head and it was her sleeping soundly on her bed with her hair splayed out in different directions, with the same beautiful smile she carried in her good dreams.

"Kacchan!" Deku cried out, one hand reaching towards Hawks and I, but Aizawa used his cloth to stop him.

"Let Deku go, he's not trying to attack," I hissed, and Aizawa relented. Deku stared, sobs leaving his body while he appeared as heartbroken as I felt.

"You should be lucky we're telling you this way, if you found out at U.A, you'd make a scene and get in severe trouble. We can remove you from remedial courses and take away Midoriya's provisional license. Be thankful we're giving you the news in privacy, it's still not changing anything. She'll be picked up tonight." The hag's cold words stung me sharply, tonight? Have they no mercy? Cruel bastards.

"Today's her birthday. If you come before the clock strikes midnight, I'll kill you all." I snapped, throwing Hawks off me as I stood and dusted off my clothes. I grabbed Deku by his collar, forcing him up.

He grabbed onto my wrists, "Kacchan, we're really just letting them take her?"

I glared at him, "It's either that or never seeing her again, which one do you want?"

He sobbed, stepping away from me before turning and running out the room. Aizawa went after him, the two ladies fixed their ruffled clothing from moving away with my attempted attacks and left the office, only Hawks and I were remaining.

"Kid, I don't know you and you don't know me, but I can try and help you guys out." I looked at Hawks, studying the way his red wings were large and nearly covered the glass windows beyond him.

"Why would I want your help?" I muttered, swiping at the tears that refused to stop pouring. My attempts were futile, my body was reacting in its natural way to heartbreak.

"I can help you see her more often, I'll even fly her to U.A as much as possible so you guys can spend time together, once she's eighteen, she'll be able to spend her time wherever, she'll be a full-fledged adult so the American government can't control her because she'll have verification to live in Japan and her pro-hero license. It'll just be for two years, Bakugo." Hawks tried patting my shoulder, I didn't shrug him off. I knew he was another one of those people forced to listen under the Hero Commission, it was disgusting how they used their power to manipulate others like puppets.

When I'm a big shot, I'll change this, I'll fix it all so no one will have to go through what was about to happen to Reyna.

I'll do this much for her.

"Hey, Bird Brain." I spoke to the number two pro.

He gave a lazy smile, "What's up, Bakugo?"

"Do you have a paper and pen?"

He moved towards the president's desk, "No, but we can fix that real quick." He took out sheets of paper, an envelope, and a fancy gloss pen that lied on the center of the desk.

I took the paper, sitting down on a nearby chair and using the table to write what I needed to.

"I'm taking that you want me to give her the letter after they take her away from U.A?" Hawks bluntly asked, sitting near me on a simple glass seat.

I nodded, scribbling everything I wished I could say to her out loud.

They were taking the one person I love more than anything, I valued her more than I did my own life. She saved me in more ways than one, and I hated that I couldn't do the same. The one time she needs someone to take her away from all this crap, to support her and love her with no badly bound intentions, I couldn't be there. I couldn't erase this problem that would hurt her so much, how would she even react? Will she hate me? Will she hate Deku? What about Aizawa? How will our class feel? They'll probably wish we did something different, that we tried to stop them but this was the only way to keep her here.

I'm so sorry, baby. I'll make it up to you one day, somehow, I promise.

I felt the tears drip down. Drip, drip, drip. They landed on the skirts of the letter, staining it slightly.

I finished writing, folding the paper and placing it in an envelope. I wrote my name on the triangular fold of the letter.

Handing it to Hawks was my defeat. It was me failing her, my life would never be the same again.

I had the world in my hands, and it slipped from my grasp and shattered to the floor.

- Florence's P.O.V -

Kirishima, Kaminari, and I were gathered around the wooden table of a cafe that Kaminari and Jirou took me to when I first moved here.

I woke up late, which surprised me. What was an even bigger shock was that Bakugo wasn't in bed with me, he left a sticky note promising he'd be back later. I couldn't step out of my room in solitude before my classmates surrounded me, wishing me a happy birthday as they urged me to shower and get dressed.

As soon as I finished some light form of makeup, Momo and Uraraka barged in to drag me out to head to the park with them, I agreed and checked my phone to see no texts from Bakugo at all.

Is he okay?

I didn't want to ask my friends, they probably knew what he was up to and he must've not wanted to tell me for a reason. The two girls and I waltzed around the park and pond, I fed the small ducks while they snapped pictures of me in the long-sleeve, white dress I was wearing. It went up to my mid-thigh, Katsuki bought it last week because he said the color would look nice on me.

I held out orange blossoms in my hand, the same ones Bakugo left on my nightstand with a birthday card. I could hear their cameras clicking while I gave a wide smile, showing how happy I was.

The girls then took me to meet Kirishima and Kaminari at the cafe, it was already three in the afternoon and I was growing a bit frustrated with Katsuki's lack of response to my text.

The boys shrugged off my questions, leading me inside as they ordered two brownies and hot coffee for me. That was enough to cheer me up as I thanked them both.

That led us to chatting about random topics at the table, Kaminari was currently debating with Kirishima about who the prettiest girl in 1-B is. I listened, imputing my comments every now and then to scold Kaminari for his constant discussions of girls.

Kirishima glanced at his watch, "Hey, Flo, let's go back to the dorms."

I grabbed his wrist, studying the red hues that were a shade lighter than Bakugo's.

"You guys were purposely making me spend a bunch of time here, why?"

They both panicked, sending a quick glance to each other and I sighed.

"Boys, take me back before I fight you both."

"You wouldn't do that in public."

"That's not manly, Flo. Even if it is your birthday, violence isn't necessary all the time! Wow, you're becoming an awful lot like Bakubro."

I laughed at their stupefied faces, I stood and grabbed my wallet, leaving the amount due for the meal to them both.

"Don't pay, angel, it's our treat!" Kaminari grabbed the money, shoving it into my bag as he and Kiri laid their own out on the table.

I thanked them and we made our way out the restaurant, I hopped on different rocks out of boredom, Kaminari watched me in amusement while Kirishima made sure to stay in front of us both.

We arrived to the gate of Heights Alliance and they took off running inside. "Wait for me!" I called out, wanting to run after them but my lace was untied. I sighed, fixing the shoe before standing back up and sprinting.

I shoved the main door open, walking through the dark corridor.

Oh, come on. I'm not that much of an idiot.

The lights flickered on as I heard a cohesive yell of "Surprise!" I scanned the different faces of my classmates, Mirio and Eri, and Shota. They were all smiling, holding different bags but my eyes settled on the one person who didn't carry a smile at all.

Before I could take a step further to him, I was tackled by most of them, they were all hugging me but since I was one person against many, I fell to the floor.

Mina and Uraraka were closest, Sero and Iida were right behind them as they all wished me a happy birthday. I smiled a wide one, this was the first time I'd have a birthday party in my honor.

I giggled, taking the bag that Ochaco was frantically waving in my face, "It's your gift, Flo!" I hugged her, "Thanks, Ochaco, I'll open the presents later, let's eat because I only had two brownies, the boys starved me," I whined jokingly.

"The hell? I told you to buy her a proper meal, are you guys idiots?" Bakugo yelled, wrapping his hands around Kirishima's and Kaminari's necks. They were apologizing profusely and I watched Sero get off of the pile of hugs to approach and separate the three.

Iida pulled me up, giving me a small blue bag with tissue paper sticking out. "Happy birthday, Reyna. You're an admirable friend and classmate, I wish you many more that we can celebrate together in the future." I looked up at him, giving him a squeeze with my arms. He accepted it on the notion that it was my birthday and he couldn't refuse the "inappropriate action."

I was passed through everyone's pairs of arms, even Mineta clung to my legs and I didn't push him off for three seconds before Bakugo flung him away in passing.

I only needed a few people left to hug, I was carrying Eri on my hip while everyone ate the food that Sato and Momo prepared for us, I kept eyeing the large platter of brownies that stood next to the birthday cake.

"Happy birthday," Eri's soft whisper caught my attention as she gave me a card. I internally melted, "Thanks, cutie, I'm gonna keep this card forever." She smiled and nodded her head frantically.

Mirio hugged me and I had to hear Bakugo threaten him to not strip in front of me since he had a tendency to scare people and disappear through furniture, and that would inevitably remove his clothing.

I just needed three people. They were all off to the corner, almost as if they purposely avoided me. I frowned but shrugged the thought away, no. These three would never avoid me, I love them as much as they love me.

Shota looked at me, giving me a soft smile. His eyes looked sad, but I figured it was because I was getting older and he wanted me to remain the same kid that he met all those months ago. I looped my arms through his waist, pressing my face against his chest as I grinned.

"Happy birthday, kid. You're my biggest pride even if we aren't blood-related." He stooped his face near my ear, "I love you, Flo. You're the daughter I didn't want, but the one I needed." It almost sounded melancholic, but I dismissed the feeling and hummed.

"I love you too, Shota, you are my dad by heart, that's what matters most." He froze, but reciprocated the hug and gave a single nod.

I pulled away to look at the second to the last. Izuku Midoriya, he was crying and I furrowed my brows. I caught the way Bakugo's foot stood out to kick him.

"Izuku? Why are you crying?" I stepped forward, reaching out to place my hand on his shoulder but he gripped my wrist and brought me to him. He sobbed into my shoulder, "Happy birthday, Flo. I'm just so happy you're with us, you're my best friend in the whole world. You know I love you."

That's sweet. I never realized how emotional he'd become just for my birthday, I can imagine what it would be like when we graduate.

I rubbed his back, laughing quietly. "Izuku, you're scaring me with the waterworks, imagine when you have to be the best man at my wedding?"

He chuckled, holding me tighter and I whispered, "I love you too, Izuku. Our friendship will never change, it's as eternal as One for All." He snapped his head up at that, staring into my eyes with a deep emotion that I couldn't describe properly. It was like he was happy and sad and everything in between.

He nodded, releasing me as I turned to the blonde.

I smirked, "Last but definitely not least."

"Yeah, right. Come here," he grumbled, and I was surprised.

Usually, we didn't act affectionate at all in front of anyone, it just wasn't the way we worked. We would rather banter back and forth in public and show the romantic sides to ourselves privately.

He looped his arm around my hips while the other gripped my hand and lifted it upwards. He intertwined our fingers and I heard Jirou mumbling to Mina before everyone's voices filled the room. I lifted my head, glancing around as I realized that everyone was facing away, they were purposely not looking at us.

My heart melted, they wanted to respect the fact that we were a discreet sort of couple.

"Happy birthday, beautiful." He kissed me slowly and I heard the music from Jirou's speaker fill the room. The kiss was quick but meaningful, not something to delve into but something to enjoy in the brief instant. I could still feel the love through the way our lips met but we both pulled away quickly.

"Go on and eat, we can talk more later." He gave me a swift peck to the cheek before pushing me to the crowd again, they were all chattering to themselves but finally turned to face us.

I spent the rest of the day eating and playing various card games with all my classmates while Hagakure picked different movies in the background for Eri to watch. Bakugo stayed near me, talking to me and Kirishima and occasionally, Izuku. I couldn't help but notice that he would grow a gaze every so often, it was like he was in another place that was light years away from us. I wanted to ask what was wrong but he would skillfully dodge my attempts.

It was already past all our typical hours of bedtime, we had an hour till twelve and Izuku insisted that I began opening the gifts so we could all go to sleep. I listened, approaching the table that carried more presents than I'd ever received in my entire life.

Ochaco, Tsu, Mina, and Hagakure gifted me with charms to go on the matching bracelet that I had made with Uraraka. Momo gave me an encyclopedia with every plant species in the world while Iida gave me an encyclopedia with all of Earth's stones and structures, they both insisted that it would help me with my quirk. Jirou, Tokoyami, and Kaminari gave me three discs with their own tapes of playlists for me to listen to. Kirishima got me a scroll of an ocean wave with my name written underneath it, Sero bought me a hoodie that I mentioned once, Ojiro and Shoji got me boxing gloves, Sato and Kota gifted me with a recipe book of the world's best brownies, Aoyama bought me a sparkly tube top and matching skirt, and Mineta bought me a pervy magazine as a joke with a box of chocolates underneath the feigned gift, we had to refrain Bakugo from murdering Mineta after that.

"Open mine, Florence," Shoto insisted, pushing out his rather large gift towards me.

"This is pretty heavy, Todoroki." I mumbled, laying out the gift on the couch before tearing off the wrapping paper.

"Yeah, my father told me to pass along the message that the gift was from him as well."

"Really? Tell him I said 'Thanks, old man.'" I could finally see through the shredded paper as I let out a breath at the beauty.

It was a wooden mirror, but those fancy types that were filled with intricacies of designs, there was a small, red box taped to the center. I pulled at it, opening the box to see a carved anklet with different wooden charms hanging off of it. I studied the charms, there was a grenade, a flower, a flame attached to ice, and an M all hanging off the beaded treasure.

I fought off the tears, turning to wrap my arms around him. "It's beautiful, I love this so much, Shoto." He smiled at me, returning the hug very calmly.

"I'm glad, I hope you can understand what all the charms represent." I lifted my leg to slip on the gift, admiring the way it looked against my ankle.

I knew, the grenade was Bakugo, the flower was me, the flame and ice were Todoroki himself, and the M was for Midoriya.

I gripped Shoto's hand, "I know I don't tell you this much, but you really are my best friend right next to Izuku and Ochaco, don't tell Bakugo I said that though."

He chuckled, agreeing but I felt a sharp swat on my head. "I heard, you moron." Bakugo wasn't mad because he knew I said that on purpose, the guy had been hovering over me this entire time.

I went to the last two gifts, they were from Shota and Izuku.

Shota got me a journal set and a vintage ring, it had an obsidian stone on it and resembled the personality of the man who gifted it to me, the one I considered my father.

Izuku got me a large All Might quilt with matching socks, they were the same ones he had on at the moment. I saw two boxes, but something told me that they weren't jewelry, it was different.

He grabbed my elbow, "Don't open those yet." I raised my brow, "But, Izuku, it's my birthday." I wasn't serious and he knew it, but for some reason, that glint in his eye wasn't relenting.

"When can I then?" I mumbled, placing the quilt back in the bag, but I saw the letter that was in there.

Why would he write me a letter?

I blew it off, listening to his response. "You'll know when, but it's not now."

We stared at each other as I tried to figure out what he wanted to tell me without speaking the words aloud. For the first time, I couldn't tell what he was thinking, he was like a book that suddenly shut on me.

I looked away, thanking everyone as more hugs were passed about before everyone parted ways and told me goodnight.

Izuku and Shota were the last ones, Bakugo was waiting for me by the couch so we could both go to sleep together.

Shota surprised me by pulling Izuku and I in for a hug at the same time, we were all silent as we stayed that way for minutes.

He stepped away, walking towards the door that would take him out of the building and to his teacher dorm.

Shota paused, looking at me one last time before giving a weak smile and walking off.

I looked to Izuku, "Deku." He was crying again, the tears were so rapid that it caught me off guard.

"What's going on? Are you really crying cause you're that happy it's my birthday?" I looked to the clock, it was ten minutes before twelve.

"It's about to end anyways, so you don't have to cry anymore." He sobbed harder, pulling me to his chest as I felt his tears slide down my hair.

For some reason, I couldn't question him. I wanted to so badly, to ask him why he looked so shattered and why Bakugo wasn't reacting to it in the slightest, it was almost as if he was forcing himself to not react.

When we broke the hug, I pulled a single green curl. "Goodnight, Izuku, see you tomorrow."

"See you later, Flo."

I frowned at the wording, but he was walking into the hallway so fast that I couldn't say anything to stop him.

"And then there were two." Bakugo spoke, gripping my shoulders softly and turning my body to face him. I stared at how handsome he looked, he was wearing a collared, dark-blue long sleeve and the sleeves were rolled up perfectly. I could see the glint of his necklace that was tucked under his shirt.

"You planned all this?" I questioned, he had slipped his arm around my waist and gripped my hand in the same manner he did earlier.

He nodded, "Give me this dance." The music had faded into something slow and smooth, the violin and piano blended perfectly together to a melody that matched the way he guided me along the commons, our bodies moved with the tempo as we danced.

Bakugo stared at me, like he was trying to memorize every feature in my face. He gave me a soft smile before gently kissing me.

"You look so beautiful in that dress," He spoke with the roughness of his voice as I leaned my head back to allow him to kiss my neck.

When he brought his head up to look at me, I responded, "I wish it was my birthday forever so you can always compliment me."

For the shortest second, his eyes were filled with a sorrow that I had never seen on him before, he looked absolutely heartbroken.

"Kats-"

"I wish it was your birthday forever, too." I stared at him, trying to figure out what he meant by that but he only blinked and returned to his normal scowl.

"So many people hugged you today, you owe me a million kisses for that." I scoffed at his words before giggling. I couldn't even pretend that the idea of kissing him a million times wasn't appealing, because it was.

"Alright, I'll do as you wish," I kissed his cheek and he smiled, gently pushing me away to twirl me around before pulling me into his embrace again.

He cupped my face as the song ended, the vinyl stopped rolling, and the music completed itself while we were left in a comforting silence.

"I love you so much," Bakugo whispered, kissing me deep and slow. My stomach erupted in butterflies and I returned it, draping my arms around his neck as we stayed that way for what felt like forever.

I heard the clock strike twelve, it was a dull ring. Bakugo released me, giving me one last hug before walking me to the couch. We both sat down as he intertwined our fingers.

"Would it be bad if we fell asleep like this, on the couch?" I gestured to us both, I was feeling exhaustion seep through like a bullet train.

"No, we can sleep here." He ran to the storage cubicle, pulling out a blanket and draping it over us.

Bakugo handed me a glass of water and I took it gratefully, chugging down the liquid but my throat burned in the slightest manner.

Maybe it's from all that sugar and food.

He wrapped an arm around me, pulling me to his side while he gave a quick kiss to my forehead. He wasn't speaking anymore, just humming a soft tune in that gravelly voice I fell in love with.

The world felt like it was closing in on me too quickly, I had never gotten so exhausted within a single minute. It felt almost rushed.

I only thought of one thing, of the boy beside me and how he gripped my fingers so tightly, like he was afraid he would let me go and I'd drift away.

Katsuki Bakugo. He saved my life without even realizing it, he was the anchor to my disrupted ship, he kept me grounded and made me smile and laugh and live life. He pushed me to be the best version of myself.

Did I ever thank him? Did I ever say those two words to show the gratitude that never ended, he took my tarnished soul and made it brand new.

"Katsuki Bakugo." I whispered his name so softly, I wondered if I could get the next sentence out, sleep was beckoning me to join her with a warm embrace.

"Florence Reyna," His voice cracked but I didn't have it in me to question it.

"There isn't a perfect word in the world to describe how thankful I am for you. I love you so much." I spoke so clearly, so perfectly that it felt like I was never sleepy at all.

I was though, my head slumped against his shoulder, my eyes were closing shut as I felt my breathing slow down.

I heard one last thing before my life changed completely. It was the ghost of an apology, it was heartbreak in its rawest form.

"I'm so sorry."

END OF BOOK ONE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 9.5K 56
Jung kook tried to kill Taehyung and he made the stupidest mistake a sniper would ever make; bringing his homework to the targeted area. *its a crin...
498K 17.9K 97
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
5.1K 726 54
Camilla Parker never stutters when she hits strangers.But not when he's a 6'2 hot new devil who just happened to want directions to the Principal's o...
1M 56K 36
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...