Happy Holi-baes

By jblingy

Different stories & pairings. Hope you enjoy xoxo More

Dreamlover's Good Love to Me (WhitRiah)
I'm Your Fantasy Tonight (WhitRiah)
I Only Wanted (WhitRiah)
Saving all my love for you (Whitney Houston x Lisa Lopes)
I Only Wanted Part 2
Unfinished Business (WhitRiah)
Changes (Savannah and Bernadine)
Changes Part 2
Sweet Tutor (WhitRiah)
Unfinished Business Part 2
My lullaby - Teyana Taylor & Lori Harvey
Interested (Justine Skye x Lisa Lopes/Left Eye)
"Sweet baby" (WhitRiah)
Multi-interested
Remember (Whitney x Michael Jackson)
Easy (Renée Downer)
You finish it (WhitRiah challenge)
Lacy & Letitia

Sweetheart (WhitRiah)

213 8 8
By jblingy

"Thanks, Mariah," CeCe said. "I'm really beginning to get the hang of this."

"That's what I'm here for, hun."

"Now that my grades are better, I can go to the dance."

Mariah nodded in understanding, still smiling. Though she wasn't big on school dances (or dancing in general) herself, she was happy for CeCe. "Nice. Got a hot date?"

CeCe adorably hesitated. "I'm working on it," she answered, choosing her words carefully. "There is somebody in mind, but I'm trying to feel it out first..."

"You're not sure they feel the same way," Mariah guessed.

"Right. I mean, we already talked about going to the dance together, but I think she sees it as a girl's night, a friend thing."

It was interesting to Mariah that CeCe used "she." She liked CeCe even better now. Not only was she nice and someone who needed her tutoring services, now she knows that she plays for her team.

"Ah, yeah, I know what you mean...do you know for sure?"

"No. It's hard to tell with Whitney. You're her friend, but she treats you like you're her girlfriend." CeCe laughed. "I know that probably sounds weird, but it's true."

Mariah was quiet for a beat. "Well, friends should treat each other good, but what's she doing? Are you guys making out?" She tried to act as neutral as possible, but her stomach was on fire.

"No, no," CeCe clarified, shaking her head and blushing. "I meant, she'll hold my hand or let me wear her jacket if I'm cold, you know, stuff like that." She paused. "Because I like her, these things mean more to me than they would if it came from somebody else, so there's that..." she laughed.

"No, I get it. What did you say her name was again?"

"Whitney, the new girl from Jersey. Well, I guess she's not so new anymore since she's been here for six months now, but, yeah, her."

"I see."

"You know her?"

"Somewhat."

CeCe just nodded, feeling awkward at Mariah's clipped tone. Catching herself, Mariah plastered on her dazzling smile. "That's cute. You should go for it."

"What if I make a fool of myself?"

"If she's really your friend, she'll be cool about it. Just be like 'I'm glad you're my date'" and see what she says."

CeCe was persuaded. "Damn, you got me feeling all motivated. "Like I could call her right now." She laughed.

"Do it," Mariah suggested without hesitation.

"I'm a little nervous...."

The tutor waved her hand dismissively. "Get it out the way. You'll still be beautiful."

"You're like my coach, too. I'm here for it."

Mariah laughed. But she was also trying to brace herself for what was ahead. Even though she and Whitney were not exclusive, she thought it was understood between them that they were both interested and wanted to see where things would go. Depending on what Whitney said when she picked up, Mariah envisioned herself crying or being pissed off. That was how much the girl meant to her.

Mariah felt like she was about to see her test results.

Her stomach lurched when she heard Whitney's voice.

"Yeah, hey, what are you up to?" CeCe greeted in return.

"Just playing Call of Duty with my brother, you?"

"Nothing much, just studying, you know me."

"My little smarty," Whitney praised.

Mariah's eyebrow hiked to the ceiling.

CeCe giggled, oblivious. "So anyway, about the dance...I'm glad you're my date." She looked at Mariah before closing her eyes. Mariah touched her back.

Silence stretched between everyone.

"Hello?" CeCe said. "Whitney?"

"Yeah, I'm here. Look, CeCe, about that--the dance, I need to tell you something."

CeCe worriedly glanced at Mariah. "Go on."

"There's someone I'm planning to ask. We can still go together, whether she says yes or no, but she would be my date-date."

To say Mariah was relieved would be an understatement.

"I understand," CeCe replied.

"Is that okay?" Whitney sounded concerned.

"Yeah, who is she?"

Mariah held her breath.

"Who is she?" CeCe repeated, impatiently.

"Mariah."

CeCe's eyes jumped on her tutor. "Mariah Carey?"

"Yeah."

"CeCe..." Mariah said as the girl just stared at her.

"Wow," said the student. "Silly me."

"CeCe—"

"Mariah?" Whitney called.

"Yes, it's her," CeCe sneered. "Why don't I leave you guys to it?" She rolled her eyes. "I made a fool out of myself, after all."

"Huh? What's going on with y'all?" A confused Whitney asked.

"Nothing, bye."

"CeCe...-" Mariah tried again.

"You really let me sit there and say all that. You could've told me y'all have something."

"We're not together."

"But something is going on between you, right?"

"I didn't know for sure."

CeCe shook her head in contempt.

"She's not my girlfriend, so what could I say?" Mariah added.

"You could have said y'all were talking."

CeCe's phone started ringing. She scoffed, seeing it was Whitney trying to reach her. "I have nothing to say to either of you."

Mariah put her head down before looking at her. "CeCe, I like you, I don't want our friendship—"

"You're just my tutor."

"Okay, then...you enjoy the rest of your day."

Mariah left. She was a mix of emotions. On one hand, she was relieved that Whitney was still into her. On the other, she felt bad for CeCe.

As she made it to her car, Whitney called.

"Hey," Mariah said.

"Hey, what's going on?" Whitney responded.

Mariah sighed and glanced at the brick two story house. "She likes you."

Whitney didn't reply right away.

"She wanted to let you know, but then you mentioned me," Mariah continued. "Good thing you did 'cuz I was about to be done with you."

"Why?"

"Because, I didn't know what you told her."

"What? What did she tell you?"

"She just said you hold hands and you let her borrow your jacket when she's cold. Aw."

"Did she say that I like her?"

"No. But imagine how I felt when she told me she likes you and you're going to the dance together."

"Yeah, that must've been crazy. But you should've known better. The only reason I didn't mention the dance to you was because I remember you said you don't even like them. But I still wanted us to go."

Mariah smiled for two reasons: one, because Whitney remembered the fact she shared about herself; and two, because she really had wanted them to go to the dance together.

"Wanted?" Mariah noticed.

"Yeah, to be real, I'm not even sure I wanna go anymore after CeCe."

"Hey, she'll get over it. Right now, she needs space—and time. Wait 'til the next crush comes around."

"Who's next crush?"

Mariah laughed at the hostility in Whitney's tone. "Hers, dummy."

"Oh okay, just checking."

"I can't with you. But let me get out of here before she throws something at my car."

"CeCe wouldn't!"

"No, I know, I'm kidding."

"You're coming over, right?"

When Mariah arrived at Whitney's, her brother Michael answered the door.

"She told me to tell you to go to her room," he informed.

Mariah thanked him and went in the direction of Whitney's room. She was lying down on her back, visibly uncomfortable. But she smiled when she saw Mariah.

Mariah set her bag down. "Hey, you good?" She came up to her, touching her cheek.

"Yeah, just cramps." She rested her eyes when Mariah caressed her stomach. "It just came too." She opened her eyes again and stared at Mariah, who smiled and joined her on the bed, telling Whitney to lay on her.

"Did you take anything?" Mariah asked, rubbing her back up her shirt.

"Yeah, but it doesn't kick in as soon as it should." She groaned softly, burying her face in the other's neck. "Isn't this a day."

Mariah chuckled. "Let me make it a little better for ya." Her smile widened as Whitney quickly looked up at her.

"Yeah?"

"Will you go to the dance with me?"

Whitney broke into a soft laugh.

"I'll do more than that." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 252 50
lachambers oneshots not all mine i will trie to give credit but alot do not have names to credit.
21.9K 125 22
Exactly what the title says. I'll update when I can ;)
301K 6.8K 36
⚠️DISCONTINUED ⚠️ "𝘐 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘱𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳" . . . 𝘈 𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘵 𝘹 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 . . Also, this sto...
3.7K 25 33
A collection of HSMTMTS Seblos and Rodfini Mpreg oneshots! Please comment down your requests to me and let me know about what you would like for me t...