Duality

By chuweytism

Season 2 of Captured Everything failed... I lost everything including the one I love. -Song Yuqi The other h... More

십일
십이
십삼
십사
십오
십육
십칠
십팔
십구
이십
이십일
이십이
이십삼
이십사
이십오
이십육
이십칠
이십팔
이십구
삼십일
삼십이
삼십삼
삼십사
삼십오
삼십칠
삼십칠
삼십팔
삼십구
사십
사십이

십삼

345 12 6
By chuweytism

Chapter 30

Soyeon's POV

The continuous flow of water falling on my hands while spacing out alone in the bathroom, looking at myself wondering. My mother kinda felt like the least of my problems, she's back and still recovering. My hopes for her is as high as my hope of getting through this situation but how?

While trying to recollect myself, I heard three knocks from the other side of the door. I didn't respond and just let the person enter.

"Hey" She simply said. I looked at the reflection of the mirror and Doyeon was walking towards me with the same worried face.

"They told me that they are currently checking the cameras to see any suspicious people wondering around your mother's room" Doyeon said as she turns off the faucet for me.

"why? So are they saying that there was someone who is trying to kill my mother?" I asked not sounding so sarcastic.

"It's not that it's impossible right? they were positive about everything and it's just a shock that they had to revive her." Doyeon said, I looked at her blankly again and didn't say a word.

"So what happened earlier?" Doyeon asked, I know what she's walking about.

"I wasn't able to tell her the truth" I said.

"So that explains why she was able to drive you all the way here" Doyeon joked.

"yeah, I was about to tell her but I received your call" I said then she nodded.

"I see, I'm sorry again for letting this happen" She said then looked down.

"You shouldn't blame yourself Doyeon. Nobody liked what happen so Stop Apologizing or I'll break your legs again" I said jokingly. But speaking of which, where is Yuqi?

"Oh yeah, have you seen yuqi? Where is she right now?" I asked.

"She's at he balcony getting some fresh air" Doyeon repied, I didn't say another word and just left her there. I went outside and from here I can see Yuqi standing outside while looking at the sky.

As I walk towards her, I can't help but to feel nervous. I can feel my heart pounding while breathing deeply. I seem to notice something on her hand though.

"Hey" I said which caused her to look behind. She was a bit surprised but was still able to smile at me.

"Hey" She replied back.

"So you smoke now?" I asked while I gesture the cigarette between her fingers. She looked at it and chuckled a bit.

"Actually no, this is not mine. Thanks for reminding me though, I found this here and I can't seem to find a trashcan so yeah..." She said then I grabbed it and threw it off the balcony.

"Yah! why did you do that?" She asked frustratingly.

"as much as I care for the environment, you can still inhale the smoke and it can damage your lungs. " I said then went beside her.

I looked up and there were thousands of stars twinkling above us, the moon was full and the cold breeze made the atmosphere feel cinematic.

"So, how are you?" Yuqi asked just to break the silence.

"I'm fine, great actually. Thank you for driving me all the way here. I really owe you a lot." I said.

"You don't owe me anything, I drove you here voluntarily" she saidd, I glanced at her and she was glowing. I didn't realize that I was already staring at her until I saw her phone vibrating, she didn't even bother looking at it and just swiped to end the call.

"Why didn't you answer it?" I asked. She looked at me calmly and smiled.

"It's not important." She said.

"Are you sure that you wont be able to make it to your flight?" I asked without looking at her.

"It's too late now, the event will start at the exact time of my arrival." She said which made me frown a bit. I can't believe that she wasn't able to go because of me.

"I'm sorry" I said, trying not to burst out.

"You don't have to be. Plus driving you all the way here made me realize something." She said then faced me.

"I realized that I shouldn't have jump into conclusions earlier. I shouldn't have been so eager to be with you. I now understand what you're going through and I am willing to stay by your side while waiting for us to happen." Yuqi said, I can see her eyes sparkling due to the tears that were forming, it makes my heart ache and I don't want her to feel that way.

"About earlier, I want you to-" I didn't finish what I was saying because she covered my mouth with her hand.

" I know that you're just going to apologize again and you don't have to just to make me feel better" Yuqi said. then flashed another teethy smile. I was just staring at her for a few seconds.

'Don't do it, Don't do it Don't do it' I thought to myself but I gave up and just allowed my heart to do what it really wants.

I removed her hand from my mouth and pulled her towards me, her lips landed on mine and the next thing I know is that we were already kissing under the moonlight. I wrapped my arms around her neck to deepen the kiss as I feel her hands on my waist.

"Ehem." I heard someone spoke beside, it cause us to push each other away.

"uhmm.. Sorry to interrupt but.. Soyeon you have got to see this." Doyeon said while smiling teasingly at me. I looked at Yuqi and she was blushing while looking away. I turned back at Doyeon and I gave her a "I'm going to snap your neck" Look.

"Yuqi I... I'm just going to check on something" I said then she looked at me.

"Sure sure why not go ahead. I'll wait for you here" Yuqi simply replied.

"why don't you come to Yuqi? We found someone inside the room of your mother so I immediately went to look for you and here you are... uhm with Yuqi" Doyeon said which made me and Yuqi look at each other.

We didn't waste anytime and followed Doyeon to where the security room.

Found someone inside my mother's room?

We got to the security room and the doctor of my mother was also there. They were looking at a footage.

"What's happening?" I asked as I went closer to see a person with a cap. The person was standing in front of my mother while she was all alone.

"We saw someone enter your mother's room. We couldn't clearly see the face but judging from her body ratio, it's definitely a she." The doctor said which made me a bit worried.

"Was she the reason why my mother—" I wasn't able to finish sh what I was saying again.

"No, I'm actually curious about something. Is she a relative of yours?" The doctor asked. I looked at Yuqi and Doyeon behind and both of them are also wondering.

"I have no relatives here in Beijing. Why?" I asked him back.

"Because if it wasn't for her, your mother would have been gone" The doctor replied, I suddenly felt cold and anxious, but who ever that was I'm sure she was someone who I should be thanking.

"I-I don't understand... how?" I asked again, he gestured me to get a closer look at the monitor.

"You can see here that she was standing for a few minutes, but when I forwarded it, you can see that she noticed something strange. If you would look closer, there was a loose tube connected to her, it allows the blood in her brain to flow. But as you can see here, her heart monitor isn't on as well." The doctor said, I looked at the screen and it's true, there was a defect with the tubes and all.

"Then next, you can see that she turned the monitor on and was shocked to see her heart beat decreasing. She noticed the tube and quickly inserted it back to her. If that person wasn't able to do that, the blood won't flow in her brain and would eventually die." The doctor said which made me take a step back.

"I'm so shocked and confused at the same time." I said.

"Are there any more cctv camera's that we can use to see the face of this person?" Doyeon asked from behind.

"We have but her face was covered as well" the doctor replied.

I went beside Yuqi and she placed her arm around my waist.

"Calm down, no one will go after your mother." Yuqi said then pulled me closer. I feel so protected around her and I'm just so happy about it.

Knowing that there was someone unknown who saved my mother strengthened me. This was very unbelievable but maybe that person was really meant to come. As much as I want to know who she is, what's important now is that I should relax because now I'm sure that my mother will recover. Just hoping that she'll be monitored this time 24/7.

"Don't worry Yuqi, I'm actually relieved." I said.
"It's getting pretty late, I think both of you should go home" I said as I move a way from Yuqi.

"How about you? I want to stay Soyeon" Yuqi said then looked at me worriedly again.

"No, the least I could do for you is to send you home. You've already helped a lot, and you need to rest." I said while giving her a serious expression. As much as I want her by my side, I also don't want to be a burdensome.
"You too Doyeon" I added.

"Yeah, I'll just come by again tomorrow to check on you" Doyeon said.

"Me too" Yuqi replied.

"No, I want the both of you to focus on your jobs. I'll just call you when I need help" I said but Yuqi looks like as if she wants to disagree.

"Can I at least see you tomorrow?" Yuqi begged, I looked at Doyeon but she immediately avoided my eye contact. She wants me to decide on my own, I see.

"I am technically your personal trainer Yuqi." I said then rolled my eyes after seeing her face light up.

After viewing a few more clips, I decided to drag the both of them to the parking so they would not insist of staying any longer. I asked to give Doyeon a ride home and said that she would be glad to do so.

"Last question before we leave." Yuqi said while holding the car door open. She glanced at Doyeon and she immediately went inside the car.

"What is it this time Ms. Song?" I asked as I lean on her expensive car.

"Why is it that every time you call me Ms. Song sounds so sexy?" She said then closed the car door, she's probably aware that Doyeon might eavesdrop in our conversation.

"Is that your question? Well to be honest I don't know." I said but she just chuckled and took a step closer to me. Our faces were inches away but I tried my best to stay calm.

"So are we like official now?" Yuqi whispered in my ear. I felt the shivers running down my spine, the thought of being officially together with Yuqi made the butterflies in my stomach go wild.

It made me forget all of the consequences and just say yes to her question, which I eventually did. She was so happy to hear my answer and could not help but to steal another kiss but this time on my cheek.

It was fluttering and cute at the same time but I had to force her to enter her car because I can tell that she would want to stay with me for the rest of the night.

I waved them goodbye as I wait for the car to get out of my sight.

Yuqi's POV

"So...." I'm currently driving while letting myself reminisce the events that happened a few hours ago, but then there is this person behind me who keeps on bugging me to speak.

"I won't tell you anything if you keep talking" I said as I look at her at my rear mirror. She was pouting at me and I find it cute.

"Too bad, I was suppose to tell you all of her favorites but it seems-" I didn't let her finish.

"Okay fine! we're officially together!" I said loudly. She didn't responded after a few seconds but I kinda hope that she didn't because I almost hit a safety cone because she suddenly yelled.

"REALLY?! Finally !!!! I'm so happy for the two of you !!!" Doyeon said while shaking my seat like crazy.

"YAHHH!! STOP IT WE'RE GONNA CRASH IF YOU KEEP SHAKING MY SEAT!" I yelled.

"SORRY I JUST COUDN'T HELP MYSELF!" She said happily. I don't know why but I suddenly smiled at that thought.

"But.." Doyeon added which made me step on the breaks gently, the atmosphere suddenly changed. 

"but what?" I asked while rearranging my rear mirror. 

"Nothing.. I-I'm just glad that you guys are together now" Doyeon said then flashed a smile. I wasn't really buying it and I know something is up, but I guess it should be the least of my priorities. 

"Back at the Jet terminal, Soyeon actually said that we can't be together. Do you perhaps... know the reason why?" I asked. It took her a few minutes before speaking up. 

"I know, but I'm not in the position to tell you that. I'm sorry." She said then looked down. Why do I feel so nervous all of the sudden?
"Give her some time Yuqi, she has a lot in mind right now and all you have to do is to be by her side no matter what." Doyeon added. Whatever that is, I hope I find out soon. I really don't want my curiosity to bother me, but she's right. I should give Soyeon time, but what could possibly go wrong? I mean, we're already in a relationship and that's that. 

--

So I'm backk!!! School is over and I can finally update frequently hehe. PLEASE STREAM YUQI'S SOLO GIANT MV AS WELL AS HER BONNIE AND CLYDE MV. JEON SOYEON'S SOLO AND KIM MINNIE'S SITCOM IS COMING . !!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 122 7
Daegu University's up-and-coming music star Jeon Soyeon and cinematography newcomer Song Yuqi are openly declared enemies. They hate each other, exce...
46.9K 2.8K 40
If she could have one wish, Song Yuqi would have wished to go back to Beijing, where she ultimately belonged. However, her wishes had been crushed, w...
6K 356 19
Book 3 of "Indifference" Beauty? Check. Talents? Check. Kindness? Check. Lies? Check. Check. Check! She never liked the concept of lying. She cou...
28.8K 1.4K 26
Cho Miyeon starts her third year at university. She's considered famous and someone to not mess up with but when a new freshman bumps into her on the...