Chosen || Draco Malfoy

By MalfoyInDaClub

Cecilia Diggory: Hogwarts' very own 'It' girl. Beautiful, popular and bright, she has it all. But then one... More

Intro
1 - Trophy Dreams
2 - The New, Thoughtful Me
3 - Two Pumpkin Pasties Please
4 - The Prejudiced Pig
5 - Hufflepuff
6 - T-Zoned
7 - Ferret Fun
8 - Burn
9 - Kinks and Bubblebaths
10 - Dark Stormy Skies
11 - Into The Maze
12 - The Wrong Child
13 - Fanboy Behaviour
14 - Chosen
15 - Snuffles
16 - Fifth Year With A Kick
17 - The Rocket
19 - Drifter
20 - Sweet Sixteen
21 - Brilliant
22 - Natural Highs
23 - Possession
24 - Keeping It In The Family
25 - Ghost Town
26 - Pre-Game Warm Up
27 - The Indecent Proposal
28 - Polyamory
29 - Lips
30 - Menage a Trois
31 - Enjoy the Energy
32 - The Headache
33 - Surely You Can't Be Sirius?
34 - Shiny Ornaments
35 - Hate
36 - Old People
37 - Scary Stories
38 - Magic Fingers
39 - Enemies With Benefits
40 - Visits
41 - Birthday Queen
42 - The Sauna Virgin
43 - Partner Up
44 - A Childhood Lost
45 - Dear Diary
46 - Buns Of Steel
47 - The Pimple
48 - Truth
49 - Eyes Tight Shut
50 - The Gatecrasher

18 - Monthlies

757 51 97
By MalfoyInDaClub

I couldn't find Harry anywhere.

I even asked the Fat Friar where ghosts tended to hang in their spare time, but was met instead with an amused chuckle.

"Why my dear, there is no where else to go. You are either here, or you're not. If a ghost has passed then they have gone forever more. We don't just get to come and go as we please."

It made no sense. Where was Harry then? Perhaps I had just imagined him, after all.

All this searching caused me to turn up late for my first Defence Against the Dark Arts class which was rather unfortunate really as the new professor was a complete bitch.

"Sorry," I panted, sliding into the last empty desk left which was, to my dismay, right next to Draco Malfoy.

"How nice of you to finally grace us with your presence, uh..." Umbridge glanced down at her register, her eyes widening slightly. "Miss Diggory, I presume? Yes, I've heard all about you."

Titters filled the room which Umbridge was quick to quieten. I could feel my face grow hot as Draco snickered beside me. I kept my eyes fixed straight ahead, refusing point blank to give him the satisfaction of reacting to the smirk that was undoubtedly plastered across his lips.

"Yes, miss," I gritted through clenched teeth. "I was held up. Women's problems."

"What, you are fifteen? Sixteen?" Umbridge tutted, clicking her tongue. "Did your mother never prepare you for such events? Surely by now you've got the hang of dealing with our blessed monthly visitor?"

Nervous laughter spread across the classroom. I could feel myself shaking in anger and humiliation but I refused to rise to this bitch's bait.

"No, miss," I said stiffly. "Just an out of the ordinary mishap. It's all sorted now."

Bloody Harry.

"Well, be that as it may, thanks to your tardiness and ineptness at dealing with your monthlies, the entire class has wasted their time learning very little whilst you and I have this tiresome conversation. You will remain behind after class so that I can issue you with one of my very special pink slips to be passed on to your head of house."

Oh for fuck's sake. Why couldn't Voldemort just have fucking killed me? The moron.

"Now," Umbridge continued, addressing the whole class, a sickly sweet smile pulling at her lips. "As I was saying before our little interruption, wands away and quills out, please. I want to hear nothing but the satisfying sound of quills scratching against parchment as you copy down the course aims."

The second her back was turned, a tampon was thrown at my head.

I turned to glare at Draco who was shaking with laughter, his face an unnatural shade of red as he tried to hold it in. On his other side, Pansy was glinting gleefully in my direction, clearly having been the one who had thrown the thoughtful gift.

"Thanks," I snarked, making a point of coolly tucking it into my pocket. "I'll be sure to think of you when I get around to using it."

This threw her. She blinked, turning away, her face falling in disappointment.

"Tut, tut," Umbridge said, turning back around to face us. "Why can't I hear any scratching yet? As soon as you have copied the aims, I should like you to turn to page five of Defensive Magical Theory and read 'Chapter One, Basics for Beginners'. There will be no need to talk."

It was too dull, the words weren't sinking in and I found my mind wandering. A familiar scent tickled at my nose. Glancing sideways, I realised it was Draco's cologne. I hated that I liked it. I hated that it made something stir inside of me. I had to stop myself from edging my chair closer to him just so that I could get more of it.

As though sensing me staring, his eyes flicked up, meeting mine. The effect was instantaneous. The breath caught in my throat and my heart literally skipped a beat. I was overcome by a sudden heat and I had the craziest urge to pounce on him.

I quickly looked away, my heart racing uncomfortably. The skin on my jaw prickled where his fingers had once inflicted bruises. And I found myself wanting to feel that pain again.

A soft chuckle emitted under his breath. The fucking smug git.

Before I could turn to pull a face at him, however, a loud voice on my other side made me start.

"What the fuck is this shit? A Return to Basic Principles? Who does this crazy bitch think she is?"

The raven haired boy shook his head as he squinted down at the book over my shoulder.

"Harry!" I gasped, forgetting I was in a class full of witnesses.

"Excuse me?" Umbridge clipped, peering at me oddly as the entire class turned to look at me.

"Oh, uh-" Fuck, this was so embarrassing.

Harry chortled as he perched himself on the edge of my desk, languidly folding his arms across his chest.

"They can't see or hear me, Cece. Remember?" He wiggled his eyebrows, thoroughly amused by my humiliation.

Everyone began whispering furtively in each other's ears and I caught words such as 'crazy' and 'nutjob'. Oddly enough, the only person who wasn't whispering cruel comments amongst their peers was Draco. Instead, he watched me with great interest, his eyes narrowed curiously.

"Would you like to take a little trip to the hospital wing?" Umbridge said in a loud, condescending voice, miming her fingers walking through the air as though I were some kind of imbecile who found it difficult to understand.

This only caused the room of Hufflepuffs and Slytherins to erupt into a chorus of howls and booming laughter, which Umbridge didn't bother to silence.

I was sorely tempted to run right out of there. But I didn't want to give that bitch the satisfaction. And not only that, I'd finally found Harry.

"No, I'm fine thank you, miss." I muttered, glaring down at my book. "Just a cough, that's all."

"Should have said sneeze," Harry suggested after Umbridge threw me the most sceptical look. "Sounds more authentic."

"Shut. Up." I gritted, trying not to move my lips or stare directly at him.

"Surely the whole point of Defence Against the Dark Arts is to practice defensive spells?" Harry continued as he beckoned towards the course aims on the board. "What was Dumbledore thinking hiring this Ministry stiff? I mean, I knew her predecessor was a maniac who had a helping hand in my untimely death, but at least we learned loads."

"Don't," I hissed, feeling a tightening in my chest at the casual way he mentioned his own horrific demise.

"Miss Diggory!" Umbridge barked loudly, making me and a few others jump. "Stand up this instant and explain to the class why you feel you are above following simple instructions!"

"Let's drag that bitch!" Harry roared, smacking his hands together. "Come on Cece, don't let her get away with this. Ask her why she's not teaching the class properly. I want to hear what she's got."

Rolling my eyes, I stood up and took a deep breath. "We- I," I quickly corrected myself, "was wondering what good's theory going to be in the real world? Are we not supposed to be prepared for what's waiting for us out there?"

Umbridge's eyes narrowed. "There is nothing waiting out there, Diggory."

"Oh yeah?" I answered daringly, feeling a spark of irritation. I was fucking fed up of constantly being referred to as a liar.

"Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourselves?" Umbridge pressed, her eyes flashing dangerously into mine.

Harry gave a loud bark of laughter next to me. "Tell her Cece, tell her exactly who ordered my death!"

"Hmm, let's think..." I said in a mock thoughtful voice. "Maybe... Lord Voldemort?"

A mixture of horrified gasps and screams filled the room. Harry began whooping with joy next to me and I'm sure if he could, he would have been slapping me jubilantly on the back.

"Ten points from Hufflepuff, Miss Diggory."

The classroom fell silent and still, eyes on myself and Umbridge, eagerly awaiting further dramatics.

"Now, let me make a few things quite plain." Umbridge continued, unflinching. "You have been told that a certain Dark wizard has returned from the dead-"

"He wasn't dead," I said angrily, "but yeah, he's returned!"

"Miss-Diggory-you-have-lost-your-house-ten-points-do-not-make-matters-worse-for-yourself," Umbridge said in one breath. "As I was saying, you have been informed that a certain Dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie."

"It is NOT a lie!" Harry and I bellowed simultaneously. "I saw him," I added fiercely, my voice shaking. "I fought him!"

"Detention, Miss Diggory!" Umbridge said triumphantly. "Tomorrow evening. Five o'clock. My office. I repeat, this is a lie."

"So, according to you, Harry Potter dropped dead of his own accord, did he?" I scoffed.

"Harry Potter's death was a tragic accident."

"It was murder," I said as Harry muttered 'too right'. I could feel myself shaking as my blood literally began to boil. "Voldemort killed him and you know it."

"Make that a weeks worth of detention."

"Fine, whatever," I muttered, shoving my book angrily in my bag. "I think I might go and make that trip to the hospital wing, after all. Suddenly I'm feeling quite nauseous."

I threw her a dark look before wheeling around. And,  without a backwards glance, I strode out of the classroom, slamming the door shut behind me.

******

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.4K 719 69
my love, original version ⦗ goblet of fire ⇾ deathly hallows draco malfoy x female! oc cover by ME! ⦘
87 4 11
The Tri-Wizard tournament is all that everyone is talking about at Hogwarts and of course Potter's name comes out of the goblet. Katrina Malfoy, the...
7M 165K 111
UNDER HEAVY EDITING (Edited chapters will have gifs at the beginning of them to signal that they have been edited.) ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ❖❖❖ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ❛𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯...
1M 30.5K 53
Fem-Harry What if Harry Potter had been born a girl? Follow Etta Potter as she discovers there is a lot more to her than just the girl who lives unde...