Little Dark Age ◆ JeonJungkoo...

By BornToSpark

"Dying was NOT on today's agenda." "Dying shouldn't be on any days agenda." "Oh, since when are you the one m... More

•Playlist•
One - A Big Fuck You To The End Of The World
Two - Once Upon A Time, There Was Humanity
Three - Sexy Little Arsonists And How To Get One
Four - Vroom Vroom, Bitches
Five - Cozy Little Apocalypse
Six - There's A New Sheriff In Town
Seven - Trade One Friend For Another
Eight - Trust, You Have to Earn
Nine - Nobody's Left Behind
Ten - What It's Like To Travel With A Moron
Eleven - Playgrounds Are Fun!
Twelve - Ah, Yes, Slaughter Is So Cool
Thirteen - I Think I Killed A Guy
Fourteen - Learning Curve
Fifteen - Can't Spell Teamwork Without MEAT
Sixteen - Survivors Of A Dark Age
Seventeen - Winter Is a Terrible Invention
Eighteen - Breaking The Ice
Nineteen - A Song Of Rice And Fire
Twenty - Knives Are So Romantic
Twenty One - How To Beat The Unbeatable
Twenty Two - Time For Murder (and other sins)
Twenty Three - If I Weren't a Coward
Twenty Five - Don't Think Of Pink Rhinoceroses
Twenty Six - Misguided Impulses, But Hey We're Friends
Twenty Seven - Teaching Pigeons How To Fly
Twenty Eight - Near-Death Experiences To Strengthen Our Bond
Twenty Nine - Can't Reese-ist You
Thirty - At Night The Rats Come Out
Thirty One - Running For The Rest Of Our Lives
Thirty Two - With Love, The Horizon
Thirty Three - Tell The Fucker That Tap Danced On Me I Hate Him
Thirty Four - Things Will Change, Let's Take a Breath
Thirty Five - Takes A Weirdo To Know One
Thirty Six - Chaos Is The Peace I Crave
Thirty Seven - Venting To The Corpses
Thirty Eight - In A World With No Law, Morals Are All We Have
Thirty Nine - And They Said Romance Is Dead
Fourty - Pepsi And Pocky Sticks... For Freedom!
Fourty One - Who You Could Have Become
Forty Two - Finale
I'm in tears (but like happy tears) also SEQUEL
SEQUEL <3

Twenty Four - Here We Go Again With The Arsonists

2.8K 237 126
By BornToSpark

"No, you're getting it all wrong!"

"Oi, don't tell me how to build my barricade, woman!"

"I will kick you."

"Go ahead 'n try, fuckin' brat."

Weeks since your conversation with Tae had passed. The snow was slowly starting to melt and the sun even made occasional appearances. This was all fine ad well, but sadly it hadn't gotten any warmer, which meant that Jungkook and you were stuck re-building one of the wooden barricades in the piercing cold.

You hadn't had much time to think more deeply about what Tae had told you that day, neither did you have time to overthink about the second kiss Jungkook and you had shared (and what it meant to you, after Jungkook had stated that he "didn't see you that way"), wayyy to busy with surviving the particularly rough winter without any warmth and with barely enough food.

The barricades the other four had built against the prowlers were slowly starting to get brittle as well, after only being made out of wood planks, which was why you had to struggle through figuring out how to re-build these damn things now.

"You really aren't helping." You grumbled, glaring down at him from your spot on top of the wall. He was standing inside the station, while you could clearly see prowlers leeching around in the corners of the other side. It would've been scary to know that you'd only need to slip once and be dead meat immediately, if it wasn't for your personal guardian angel - who was bitching around underneath you in the moment.

"Hey, at least I do stuff." He complained, "You only talk."

"I'm trying to make a plan how to do this in the first place!" 

"Smartass." He grumbled.

You've been going on like this for a couple of hours already, and haven't really gotten anywhere, "If Tae was here we would've been done already." You pouted.

"Tae?! How would that fucker be of more help than I?"

"Well, for starters - he can read. Kind of." You stuck out your tongue at him, who just rolled his eyes.

"Don't need no reading to put some planks together, ya fuckin' moron."

"Well, but reading requires other qualities-" You said very smartass-ish, "Like the ability to concentrate, for example."

"Oh, shut it." He flipped you of shortly before reaching up to lift you down carefully, "You're hella annoying, know that?"

"Am not." You hit his shoulder, ears perking up when you heard loud noises coming from the east entrance of the station - one that you also yet had to fix, though it didn't look nearly as worn as the main entrance.

"What?" Jungkook's hands were still resting on your sides, attention anywhere else but the peculiar sounds.

"You hear that?" You closed your eyes, concentrating on the sounds, "It sounds like-" Your eyes shot open. Fuck.

"Prowlers." You both said in unison.

Within mere seconds, both of you were sprinting towards the east entrance, Jungkook leading the way, while all your hazy mind could think of was how in hell it could be so loud?

"Jungkook! Fuck-" That was Taehyung's voice, filled with panic and you soon saw why:

The eastern barricade had been broken down completely, as if prowlers had deliberately tried to  make it fall, which wasn't something they usually did. You counted around twenty of them inside already and there were new ones coming in steadily.

Everyone was gathered here, trying their best to fend off this small refugee that had grown so dear to you.

Jungkook didn't hesitate a second, before throwing himself into the mess, silvery blade of his scythe catching the sunlight of the outsides before it slight through one of the slimy black bodies.

"Y/N!" Jin called, waving you towards him, "We need to put up the walls again!"

You nodded, rushing towards him, "Jungkook! Cover us!" The man nodded at you curtly, blade blindly jamming backwards, splitting a prowler's skull in half.

Just standing near the entrance was dangerous enough right now, new prowler's waltzing in like the flood into a cave, but trying to put up the barricade again was like walking towards a minefield.

Fortunately, Jungkook was there, right by your side, dead focused on keeping the creatures away from you (if only he'd been as concentrated fine minutes ago, you'd been done with the barricades already).

Even as you managed to heave the great wooden wall up again, there were still nearly forty prowlers inside, rampaging through the hall.

"Did these freaks get even taller?" Jungkook stared at one particularly ugly one engrossed, before beheading it in a swift motion.

"We won't make it!"  Taehyung shouted across the room, uncomfortable feeling setting in.

Fuck this. Jungkook threw you an unsure glance, tending in front you in a fighting stance. You knew he could get both of you out of here with ease, but it wasn't just the two of you he had to protect anymore. And he wouldn't leave anyone behind, for sure.

A bone chilling scream thundered through the hall and you spotted Yeji wrestling with a prowler.  She was laying on the floor, face distorted in a pained grimace, one hand holding her side.

"Yeji!" Taehyung sprinted towards her, forcing the blade of his weapon inside the monster's stomach and using it to heave it away from the girl, "Are you alright? Can you breathe?" She nodded, though her expression said otherwise.

"Where the fuck is Namjoon?" Seokjin yelled next to you, making you realize that the older man had indeed been missing for some while now, "God dammit what is he planning?"

Taehyung had dropped his machete to help Yeji get away from the scene, the arm on her healthy side thrown over his shoulder as she dragged herself away with a pained hiss.

"Get out of the way!" Namjoon's voice chimed up from further away, "Jungkook! Drive these things away from the entrance!"

Your eyes found the former teacher quickly, holding a weird, firearm-like object with a canister strapped to his back.

Seokjin cursed next to you, "This crazy bastard." He grabbed your arm, "Quick! get away from here. And Jungkook- do what he said!"

The oldest dragged you by the wrist, sprinting away from the entrance, towards the stairs that would lead up to the cafeteria.

You hadn't time to turn around when you heard an unmistakable roaring blaze, "A fire-thrower?! Are you kidding me?"

Jin snorted, still not stopping until he was onto of the stairs, "He's a little dramatic sometimes."

"Where did he even get that from?"

Jin just winked at you mysteriously, not sopping in his tracks. The roaring of the flames followed you all the way up, immense heat reaching you even here.

Upstairs, you joined Yeji and Taehyung. The other girl was laying on top of a table, whines leaving her lips repeatedly.

"Oh, no." Seokjin sighed, carefully checking up on her, "Broken ribs is my best guess. Taehyung, get me some ice. Yeji- I know it hurts, but try to take deep breaths, okay?"

She nodded, eyes squeezing shut when she started to follow Jin's directions, "Fuck." She muttered between breaths.

"No talking, miss." Jin scolded. When Tae came back with the ice, Jin wrapped it into some old shirt laying around and gently held it against the hurt girl's side.

You sat there a little helpless, watching how Seokjin sent Tae away again to look for some more ice.

Soon, Namjoon and Jungkook followed the rest of you. Both were covered in sweat and Jungkook's shirt was slightly singed on one side. Both looked horribly out of breath, slumping down into the chairs standing around in the cafeteria with loud groans.

Namjoon unstrapped the flame-thrower from his back, carelessly letting it fall onto the ground, "Fucking hell." He mumbled, "Well, that thing is useless now."

You stared at him a little incredulous, opting for just handing them two towels to dry off their sweat, "That was... risky."

"But it worked, didn't it?" Namjoon grinned at you boyishly.

"I guess." You mumbled, wordlessly handing them two water bottles, "Idiots."

"Hey!" Jungkook complained.

"Thank you, Y/N." Jin's voice chimed up behind you.

Namjoon laughed quietly, voice dying down when Taehyung appeared in the door, looking furious.

"That's all your fault, you stupid bastard!"

___

poor Yeji

xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 14.1K 40
a 김남준 fanfic. none of the media I use in my books is mine. Cover by @vanterous highest Ranking: #1 in apocalypse. tysm <3 --- "C'mon it's getting...
25.7K 1.7K 13
There are things you prepared for coming back home and that includes seeing your ex-boyfriend, but helping him design his apartment isn't one of them...
10.1K 1.3K 40
[ᴀ ᴊɪᴋᴏᴏᴋ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ] January 1, 2157 A deadly virus broke out exactly one year ago. Since then, the human population has rapidly decreased, the worl...
264K 11.3K 54
"I didn't want to, but I eventually fell in love with you." Jeon Jungkook being the most successful businessman of South Korea never had the time to...