Karna- The Hero Chosen by the...

By vikramdey

What will happen if Karna was destined to be the son of Suryadev and Devi Sangya but due to some circumstance... More

Introduction
Devi Sangya's yearning for a son
Sage Durbasha's Curse
Kunti's mistake- Boon or curse
Karna-The hero was born
Devi Ganga's blessing
Karna-not a happy childhood
Bhayankarasur
Conspiracy against Karna
Kumbhilla Forest
A new beginning
Karna's New journey
Lord Parshuram
Convincing Lord Parshuram
Training from Lord Parshuram
Meeting with the parents
Fight with Indra
Whom will Karna choose?
Back to Hastinapur- Karna meets Kunti
Tournament
Panchal war
Aswatthama's mistake
Lord Parshuram's Gurudakshina
Karna's new Friend
Defeating Pandavas
Yudhishtir's coronation: Krishna met Karna
Varanavat
Saving Pandavas,
Jarasandha imprisoned Kauravas
Jarasandha Vadh
Who is Karna's soulmate?
Panchali's swyamvar
Draupadi's decision
Beginning of a love story
Return of Pandavas
Duryodhana's love
Saving Bhanumati
Karnasangini
Karna defeated
Karna proposed Avni
Shishupal vadh
Karna left Duryadhana
Shakuni's Plan
Chandasur attacked Hastinapur
Takshak's revenge
Big truth revealed
Shakuni's master plan (I)
Shakuni's master plan (II)
Invitation
Announcement
Dice game (I)
Dice game (II)
The sacrifice of a brother
Aftermath
Aftermath II
Vanvas
Digvijaya (I)
Digvijaya (II)
Karna's Master stroke
Karna-Avni Vivah
Announcement
Conspiracy by Asurs
Jayadrath
Question
Agyatvas
Keechak Vadh
Virat war (I)
Announcement
Virat war (II)
Virat War (III)
Bhayankarasur's dangerous planning
Apologies
Dwarka
Power of a true Sati
Birth of new God and Goddess
Goddess of Protection
Saving Suryadev
Preparation for the upcoming Mahayudh
Mahayudh (I)
Mahayudh (II)
Night Attack
Antim Yudh
Trailer of an upcoming book
Rewards and Punishment

The truth revealed- a big decision

4.2K 173 23
By vikramdey

Standing outside the seven years old boy had the biggest shock of his life.

'Piece of trash', 'Fatherless', 'Illegitimate' all those words were breaking his heart into million pieces. So that is why Radhama hated him so much. He always felt that there was a difference in her behavior between him and his siblings, but he never paid much attention. His mother always gave good foods and clothes to his siblings but he always got the leftovers or the old ratty clothes of his elder cousins. But he never felt bad as an elder son of a poor household it was his duty to provide all good things to his siblings. He loved his family and always tried to please his mother but there was one thing he could not change, that was his love for archery and shastra. His father also tried to dissuade him from going against the Kshatriyas but he could not stop his dream to be a great warrior one day. Apart from that he always obeyed his parents' every order. As he did not want to create for his parents as his knack for these forbidden subjects was already frowned upon by society, he tried to learn it by himself. Since childhood, he was very intelligent. He had a photographic memory and once he heard anything he could remember that. So, after helping Radhama in her household works, he spent his free time (which he did not get much) watching the soldiers of Hastinapur practicing or standing outside the Brahmin's school to learn shastra. He already learned a few things like some scripts of Vedas, Puran etc but his inquisitive mind yearned for more. Even today he was late to bring dried cow dung cakes on time as in the milkman's house their Kulguru from Kashi visited. Though he was not going to eat or drink anything in their house, he could take the Dakshina's from them. Those were the practices that irked Karna very much, however, he remained silent. The guru was talking about Vishnu's avatars and Karna was so engrossed with the stories that he became late. He was very excited after listening to the stories of Lord Parshuram. He wanted to ask his father about him later but because of other works, he forgot. Even at night, he was excitedly recalling the story of Lord Parshuram, and then he heard his parents arguing about him. Out of curiosity he went to his parent's room and stood outside. Then the biggest truth of his life was revealed in front of him.

'I have no parents, my own mother threw me away. Why? What's my fault? Why didn't anybody love me? Am I so bad that even my own family wanted me dead?' silent tears were spilled from his eyes. 'So, I am just a servant of this house. Except for father, no one loves me here.' He knew that his uncle and aunt hated him, but his own mother's hatred broke him apart. 'I love you Mata and if you want me gone, so be it. I will never bother you again.' Karna decided to leave the house early in the morning when no one was awake. 

The next morning in the first hour Karna left the house. He took nothing with him except the bow and some arrows he made. He went to the bank of Ganga first, there he looked at the sky and then to the river. 'Mata Ganga, maybe from tomorrow I cannot come to meet you as I am leaving my home. I do not want my parents to fight because of me. Please take care of them and my parents. I do not know where to go but bless me Mata that I can find the purpose of my life.' Saying he turned to leave when suddenly he heard a voice 'Putra Karna, please don't leave. Turning he saw a beautiful lady was standing on the water. 'Who are you Mata, what are you doing in the water at this early morning. Please come out otherwise you will catch cold.' Listening to Karna's innocent words Devi Ganga chuckled, 'My son is so innocent', she thought.

Devi Ganga 'Don't worry Putra, nothing will happen to me. But why are you leaving Hastinapur and most importantly where will you go?'

Karna (thinking) 'Shall I tell her about my problems? No, it is not good to express one's family problems in front of a complete stranger. Though I am getting good vibes from her, she is still an outsider. I am not going to say anything bad about my Maa. I should think about her reputation before saying anything.'

Karna 'Pranaam Deviji, I am going away from here as I have some work in another kingdom.'

Devi Ganga (in mind) 'I know what your foster mother did but still, you don't want to say anything bad against her.' (aloud) But dear, you are just a kid and what work will a kid like you have in another kingdom? What about your parents?'

Karna 'Actually Deviji, my parents are busy, so I am going to do the work, and BTW I am not a kid anymore. I am a grown-up boy and it is my duty to help my parents.'

Not only Devi Ganga but also Suryadev and Devi Sangya also felt immense pride for their son. Even after facing such harsh behavior from Radha, Karn was still protecting her.

Devi Ganga (smilingly) 'I know you are a grown boy but son what you are doing is not taking care of your parents. You are running away from them. Tell me, dear, what will you achieve if you run away from here? Can you remove the tags that society put on you? Do you think in other kingdoms people will not call you Sutputra, fatherless, illegitimate? How long you are going to escape? Or are you planning to lie about yourself in front of the others?'

Karna (in mind) How come she know all those things about me? (aloud) 'Who are you and how do you know about me?'

Devi Ganga 'My identity is not important but answer my question, are you planning to lie about yourself to achieve your goal?'

Karna (sobbing) 'No Devi I know that lying is a sin but I really don't know what to do. Everybody hates me for my birth. It is not my fault that my parents left me. It is not my fault that my foster parents belong to the Suta caste. Then why am I deprived of achieving my dreams? Even Radhama hates me, she wants me gone, so now what am I supposed to do.

Devi Ganga, 'My son, instead of running away face the problem. Try hard to change others' views towards you. Running is not a solution to anything. And if you want to fulfill your dream then be truthful. I know your mind yearns for knowledge, but son when you get that knowledge by hard works and honesty, that will be a blessing but when a Gyan is achieved by lie and deceit it will be a curse. So now it is up to you, do you want to go anywhere else where no one knows you and lie about yourself to earn respect, or do you want to stay here and try to achieve your dream by working hard.'

Karna was in dilemma. He knew that the second option will be difficult but then he made a decision and said 'I will fight Devi, I will try hard to change others' view. I will show them that a man should be known by their talent, not by their birth status. I will try to be a good person and I know that Ma will love me one day. I will achieve my dreams with truth and honesty.

Devi Ganga- 'I know that will always choose the path of Dharma, Karna. Now go home. Don't worry everything will be alright.'

Karna was very happy. He bowed down and touched her feet and then he turned towards his home. Suddenly he realized that he forgot to ask that kind lady her name. When he turned back then no one was there.

Karna 'Where did she go? She was here a few seconds back but whoever she is, she is like a Devi to me. After all, she gave me such a good lesson.'

Then he completed his morning puja for Sun God and returned back home.

In Suryalok

Suryadev 'Thank you Devi Ganga for helping my son.'

In Vaikunth

Lord Narayan 'You did a remarkable job Devi Ganga. You saved him from a crime otherwise the bitterness in his mind will force him to take the path of deceit and it will have a severe consequence in his life.' 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.9K 1.2K 31
Divyanshi, a student in DU. Who knew that a small accident could make her 'yug' jump? What would happen when she meets the Kauravs? What would happen...
14.1K 571 23
what would be the events of mahabharata war if lord sri krishna made friendship with karna? What would happened if karna listened to krishna's advice...
56.6K 2.5K 32
Abandoned at birth, the son of Suryadev, Karna was raised by Radha and Adhiratha who belonged to the charioteer clan. Since he was young, he always h...
241K 11.6K 65
A man from the present dies. After death, he got a chance to live as a character in Mahabharata. His choice? Well none other than the elder son of Ga...