Bodyguard University: I Hate...

By aiNingKing

"You can't honestly be mad at me right now. You kissed me!" Bodyguard University is Thailand's only school i... More

Character Introduction
An Unlikely Match
Daddy's Upset
Bees and Honey
Surrendering
Bitter Reunion
Wounding Words
Soft Hands
Haunted Traps
A Realization
Liquid Sin
Slashing Hearts
The Injured Trio
Betrayal
The Hottest Mistake
Feelings
Explanations
Naked Truths
The Skin on your Bones
Unexpected
Type
Update!!!

Syrupy Eyes and Bloodied Lips

2.6K 88 12
By aiNingKing

Porsche's POV:

"Go ahead in line. I'm going to head to the washroom first," Kinn said.

We had already agreed on a place to eat. My stomach's emptiness was heightened by the rush of delicious smells enticing my nose as we approached the food court. I nodded to him and joined the long file of hungry people. Slowly, the line was shortening, and Kinn still hadn't returned from the bathroom. He's taking his sweet ass time.

Eventually, it was my turn to order. The bastard still wasn't here. Not knowing what he liked, I ordered chicken and basil with rice for both of us. I collected our food and found an isolated table in a corner backing up to the wall. I set our trays on the table.

Irritated, I went to see what the fuck was taking him so long. Stomping to the bathroom, I saw the door swing open and Kinn stumble out. He had a red bruise forming next to his mouth and strands of hair sticking out like the bristles of a broom that'd been fucked up. His flawlessly ironed shirt was ruined with wrinkles. Top buttons loosened from their threads, exposing a muscular chest beaded with sweat. Panting, he crashed against the wall and clutched his chest.

I rushed to his side, not knowing what to do. "What the hell happened?" I asked.

Is he fight-prone?

Kinn swallowed a large breath and sank to the floor. He spread his legs out and rested. He moved his hand to his wrist and counted to himself. Was it necessary to check his pulse?

"Kinn," I said strongly.

I wasn't as satisfied to see him injured as I thought I'd be. Jealousy festered in the pit of my growling stomach. After every attempt I'd made to punch him, and some random asshole in the bathroom beat me to it.

Kinn noticed the detaching buttons on his shirt and growled. Carefully, he removed them and tucked them in his shirt pocket. "Just some disagreement," he said.

"Disagreement my ass! Did you try to look at someone's dick or something?"

Kinn laughed and held his stomach with a grimace. "Nothing like that," he clarified.

I knelt down and offered my hands, to which he dismissed by pushing them away. "Are you always this vague when you answer questions?" I stood back up and sighed.

"When it's not someone's business, yes," he said as he smeared blood from the corner of his lips with his fingers.

"You got beaten up, and I'm your bodyguard. That makes it my business."

This was the last thing I needed. With a bruise on Kinn's face, speculation would certainly not be in my favor. We'd need to get some makeup to hide it. If my dad saw photos without proper context, I'd be done for.

"You're not my bodyguard," Kinn said. "You're posing as one and doing a piss poor job at that."

Bastard.

"I could be a good bodyguard. I just don't want to be yours."

I would've taken literally anyone else. I'd even choose Tonhon over Kinn, and Tonhon had some serious anger problems.

Kinn looked like he had more to say, but he didn't bother to refute me. He slowly stood up with a giant groan. "Alright. Meal time," he said while rubbing his hands together.

"Forget food. You need ice," I insisted.

As strong as he tried to present, he looked pitifully ridiculous. Pride was keeping him from getting medical attention.

"I'll be fine. Starvation is going to kill me before a punch in the face," Kinn said.

"And to the gut," I said.

Kinn focused on the area full of tables and scanned for an empty one.

"Where's our food?" He asked, moving his head around as if it'd give him a better look.

I gave up on being his nurse and pointed at the table on the side away from people.

He nodded and trudged over to the sweet scent of basil while holding a hand on his abdomen. I matched his trail. Muttering under his breath, he tugged one of the chairs out from the table and seated himself with a grunt.

I sat across and watched him begin to eat his food. He took no time scarfing down his chicken like he wasn't injured. I stared at him in disbelief, not bothering to touch my plate.

"We're really not going to talk about this?" I asked.

I needed to know what I was getting myself into. What did I need to look out for? Eventually, I was going to be caught in the crossfires, and I wanted to be prepared for whatever the hell that entailed. Something told me Kinn was a walking target.

"The rice is a little on the dry side," Kinn said with a mouthful of food.

I rolled my eyes. "You know what I meant."

He scooped another spoonful of rice and shoved it in his mouth. Subtly, he winced as the utensil brushed against his busted lips.

Resting my arms on the table, I said, "Does it have to do with those two guys from earlier?"

"No," he said hastily.

It definitely does.

"Then why can't we talk about it?"

And who the hell were they?

Kinn sighed and set his spoon down. "There is no we. There's you, and there's me. You have your business, and I have mine."

"Why go to BU if you don't plan on taking it seriously?" I asked.

"You say that like I chose to be there."

"Didn't you?"

He shrugged and went back to filling his mouth with chicken.

Seething in my chair, my hands squeezed into fists against the cold tabletop. I worked hard to get into that fucking school. Here, Kinn was insinuating he was forced there. Effortlessly, he superseded the school records. At least let me keep my scores if he cared so little about it. I clenched my jaw and did everything in my power to keep myself from jumping across the table to add new colors to his stunning face.

"You're a prick," I hissed.

"So you keep reminding me."

The more he ate, the more his lip wound was tearing. Kinn kept toying with his cut by lapping up the blood with his tongue. I cringed at the grotesque sight. Annoyed, I picked up a napkin from the table and reached over in attempts to gently dab the red from his lips. Kinn dodged my hand.

His fluffy lashes fluttered. "What're you doing?"

"Stay still," I ordered.

His gaze softened. Setting his food aside, he leaned towards me. Kinn allowed me to continue. I folded the napkin neatly and lightly applied pressure to the wound. Though he didn't vocalize it, the occasional jolt from his shoulders told me it was still sensitive.

Getting a closer look, I could see a faint scar slit on his right cheek. It was camouflaged well with his fair complexion. His eyes also weren't this stark black that soullessly stared at me. There was a syrupy-brown warmth that fought to hide their delicateness. But I wouldn't allow them to keep secrets from me. I wanted to look at them like this long enough that I'd discover his mysteries.

At the sound of a clearing throat, I realized that I was frozen in admiration. I felt a thrill of heat tingle my ears. Instantly, I pulled away and set the napkin aside.

We didn't speak the rest of the meal. It was an unnerving silence that neither of us dared to break. From time to time, I'd try to steal a glance at his orbs, but he'd look away before I was given the opportunity. Strange.

Once we finished eating, we gathered on the bus to the university. We stood next to each other in the back with Kinn scoring the window side and me stuck around other people. I cupped my hand on the metal pole placed for keeping balance and was surprised to feel soft heat. Shit. That was a hand. Shyly, I lowered my hand underneath the stranger's and glanced to check out who the victim of my assault was.

A tall man with broad shoulders and alluring looks shifted into my vision. Coarse hair was styled and framed his slimmed face. Charmingly, his heart-shaped lips turned to a smile, showing off a pair of beautiful teeth.

I smiled back, confused. What's happening?

"Hi," he said smoothly.

"H-hey," I said in a small voice. I wasn't used to handsome men talking to me...but I could get used to it.

"I'm Sharp. What's your name?" he asked while his gaze took one deliberate trip up and down my body.

"Porsche," I said, refusing to look anywhere but his forehead.

Sharp chuckled. "Porsche." He let my name sit on his tongue. "Those cars are very...tasteful."

Perceiving motion from behind, I turned to Kinn. Kinn titled his head to see who I was talking to and raised his eyebrows. He slid an arm around my waist and glared at him.

"Boyfriend?" Sharp asked.

I nudged Kinn off. "Classmate," I said.

What the hell was that about?

He laughed. "Not even your friend, huh?"

"Never," I assured him, almost throwing up at the idea of befriending that bastard.

Kinn scoffed and jutted his chin. "Sharp? Is your name a warning?"

"It's a promise." Sharp slid his hand to rest just atop mine.

"Sounds intriguing," I said. I shuffled closer to him until our shoulders touched, causing a spark.

"Care to be intrigued?" he asked with a wink.

As the bus was turning, Kinn stumbled exaggeratingly forward and stomped on Sharp's foot. Sharp yelped in pain and gripped the pole tighter.

"Oops," Kinn deadpanned.

The bus came to a halt.

Sharp looked out the window. "This is my stop." He shifted his eyes to narrow on me and alluringly murmured," It was nice talking to you, Porsche."

"You too," I said lowly.

Before I could ask for his Line, he shifted past people and hopped off the bus. I longingly saw him walking into a building. He looked like a runway model showing off the latest designer line. I would've bought the whole collection if he came with it.

"Hehe," Kinn said, too amused with himself for cockblocking me. A great smile graced his boastful face.

I scowled and huffed at him. "Is there a reason you had to assault him?"

Kinn's delight faded at my question. "He's trouble," he answered in a serious tone.

"Says the person with bruises on his face," I retorted.

"Takes one to know one, doesn't it?" Kinn shot back.

He had me there. Still, he didn't know Sharp. And why did it matter that I spoke to Sharp? What I chose to do in my spare time was none of Kinn's concern. In actuality, I had no intentions of pursuing anything with Sharp. I needed to focus on graduating before I fucked myself over with dating. I didn't have time for that. Relationships were too much work.

"I can be friends with whoever I want," I said icely.

Kinn shook his head. "You don't want to be friends with him."

Okay, Dad. God knows I didn't need two of those. "You don't know what I want," I said with furrowed brows.

Kinn sighed heavily and looked back to the window. Apparently, he was done with this conversation and so was I.

******************

Since the Pairing ceremony, Phupha and I hadn't spent our usual time alone together. So, when he invited me to workout with him, I was really pumped. I only had one complaint.

We were in the locker room, changing into our gym attire. By we, I meant me, Phupha, and Tian. As nice as Tian was, I was starting to get sick of him. The best part of having a best friend was having someone you could talk to about anything. Around outsiders, I wasn't granted that freedom.

"No way," I said as I was sliding my pants off.

"Really. I benched 113 yesterday*," Phupha insisted. He tugged his shirt over his head and put on a dark tee.

(* about 250 pounds)

"You'll have to prove it then," I challenged.

"Bet!" Phupha smiled.

Next to him, Tian was switching out of his uniform shirt. Conspicuously, he pressed his chest against the locker and slid his shirt down his arms. Phupha noticed and frowned. Tian backed up slightly to put on his shirt.

Large and circular was a patchy, salmon-pink rash on Tian's chest. It looked like his skin was peeling and some cat had scratched the shit out of it. I couldn't imagine what would've caused his skin to break out like that.

Concerned, Phupha pushed Tian's shoulder back for closer inspection. Tian blushed and swatted his hand away.

"What's that?" Phupha asked.

Really? He's going to comment on Tian's body? How close are they?

"Nothing," Tian said with shifting eyes. He tried to put his gym shirt on, but Phupha stole it from him.

"Allergic reaction?" Phupha guessed.

"Just leave it alone," Tian insisted. Tian snatched his shirt back and quickly put it on before Phupha could comment further.

Phupha sighed. "If you need medicine, I can get some for you," he offered.

Tian shook his head. "It's fine. Really," he said.

Phupha let it go but wouldn't stop glancing at him as we changed.

Happily, I laced up the shoes that Kinn had bought me yesterday. They were more comfortable than the pair I had lost to Pete, and they looked cool, too. I didn't get to show off some big name label, but I appreciated the spongy cushion that pillowed the soles of my feet. They were my new favorite pair of shoes, not that I'd ever admit it out loud.

We finished changing into our gym clothes. I grabbed a water bottle and headed out to do some quick warm-ups. Phupha followed. Tian said he was going to check out the treadmills, much to my secret delight.

Heavy rap boomed over the speakers, motivating me to get ripped. Phupha and I strolled to the mirrors. I checked myself out for a moment. Over the months, I had been gaining a bit of muscle, but it wasn't anywhere near where I wanted to be. My thighs had filled my shorts a bit, but the material was still loose enough to create movement as I walked. I shortly glanced in the mirror to study the other guys in the gym. Compared to many, I looked like a complete newb. The guy behind me had such toned calves.

Phupha appeared next to me in the mirror and stood with his legs shoulder-width apart.

"How're you and Tian?" I asked as I started squatting.

Phupha struggled to not sigh and stretched an arm across his chest. "He's really friendly...but."

"But what?"

"I don't know. I feel like he's hiding something from me. I just can't figure out what it is," Phupha confided.

You think Tian is secretive? Wait until you're paired with Kinn.

"Trouble in paradise?"

"You're one to talk. How're things with Kinn?"

I paused. I really didn't want to get into that. "Could be better, could be worse."

My burning legs told me it was time to focus on other parts of my body. With a shallow exhale, I planked my arms and started circling them.

"I heard you punched him the other day," Phupha said as he knelt on the ground to stretch his left leg.

"That wasn't me. Some guys at the mall did that." Man did rumors spread like wildfire.

"Sure," he teased.

"Is that what he's telling people?" I asked, slight worry in my voice. It would be just like Kinn to ruin my reputation the first chance he got. That bastard would tell people I commit murder if he had enough "evidence" to slander.

Phupha shrugged. "I don't know what he's telling people. I got the gossip from Techno's blog,"

Fuck Techno's blog.

I lowered my arms and stuck my hands to my hips. In place, I began twisting my upper body. "His words aren't gospel," I said.

"But is it so hard to believe that you hit him? You two don't exactly get along," Phupha said with a more parental tone.

People should know that I had more integrity than to punch my Protectee.

"How can I get along with such a jackass?" I frowned.

"Have you tried killing him with kindness?" Phupha asked, sounding almost condescending in his tone. He always thought he was right about everything.

"That would kill me before it'd kill him," I replied sassily.

He laughed and stood up to stretch his arms above his head. "You don't know until you try."

"My intuition says otherwise."

Shaking his head, started doing jumping jacks. "It's up to you," he said shakily.

Killing people with kindness was the most cliché bullshit he could've told me. Kinn didn't seem like the type to respond to courtesy. He'd probably suspect me of trying to take advantage of him. He wouldn't accept fakeness.

"Have you tried that method with Tian?" I countered.

"That's different. We don't hate each other. He just has a lot going on," he said.

"You don't know until you try." I smirked.

He jokingly gestured to hit me. I laughed and pretended to avoid his fist.

We spent the rest of our time listening to the gym's music and silently lifting weights next to each other after our warmups. I liked being able to clear my head and focus on making my body feel good. A great workout made me feel accomplished.

But this workout was different. Phupha shouldn't have brought Kinn up because I wasn't able to get him off my mind. I kept replaying that moment I was wiping his lips over and over again. His sincere eyes were so different from his words. I wondered what they were trying to say. Why hadn't anyone else asked his eyes a question? Part of me wanted to see him again in hopes he'd accidentally reveal something to me. If I were going to find any weaknesses of his, eyes would tell me. I'd have to ask them tomorrow. 

~~~~~~

Oh Porsche, when will you stop being so darn stubborn, haha.  At least you got your shoes after all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 1K 20
Porsche Kittisawat never got to enjoy the 'gay side' of his sexuality. He was never anyone's type. Too lanky, too strong, too masculine. Until a guy...
231K 6.4K 32
In wich New leaves thailand to study in the united states when he was 10 with his mom after his parents got divorced, leaving behind his bestfriend/c...
15.7K 865 10
Porsche and Porsché were living their new life quietly when someone decided to take revenge. Porsche's past actions bring new danger to the main and...
5.3K 187 2
Kinn and Porsche would celebrate their one year relationship tonight. And while the first one had apparently found the perfect gift for him, Porsche...