Money Power Glory [Mafia Kylo...

By worm-girl

(This story is in serious need of edits! There is one use of 'y/n' in the first chapter but it doesn't appear... More

Introduction.
Ch.1 - Weapon
Ch.2 - Have a Good Day
Ch.3 - So Good
Ch.4 - Neighbors
Ch.5 - Vodka
Ch. 6 - Hangover Cure
Ch. 7 - Tension
Ch.8- Please
Ch.9 - Terrified
Ch. 10 - Mourning
Ch.11- Put On a Show
Ch.12- Cowards
Ch.13- Angels & Demons
Ch.14 - Three Things
Ch. 15 - Weak
Ch.16- Doctor's Orders
Ch.17 - Who Cares?
Ch.18 - Give In
Ch.19- Your Side
Ch.20 - Always
Ch.21 - Everything
Ch.22 - Truth or Dare?
Ch.23- Leave
Ch.24 - Use Me
Ch.25- One Day
Ch. 26 - Discipline
Ch.27- Prove It
Ch.28 - The Decision
Ch.29 - Reminder
Ch.30- Distraction
Ch.31- Almost
Ch.32 - Monster
Ch.33 - Christmas
Ch.34 - Mine
Ch.35 - Waiting
Ch. 36 - Stolen
Ch.37 - Safe
[AUTHOR'S NOTE]
Ch.38 - Second Chance
Ch.39 - Proud
Ch.40 - The Gift
Ch.41 - Surprise
Ch. 43 - Together
Ch.44 - Vacation
Ch.45 - Follow Directions
Ch. 46 - Spoiled
Ch. 47 - The Sea
Ch. 48 - Homecoming
Ch. 49 - The End
FINAL NOTE

Ch. 42- New Year

9.4K 388 1.1K
By worm-girl

(Warnings: acts and descriptions of violence)

"Hm. Well," You shrugged, unable to stop the slow smirk that was making its way onto your face. "Surprise."

Hux was definitely surprised.

Hearing about your "death" had affected him though he'd never admit that to you now. He kept up a good front when the movers cleared your apartment out but once he was alone in the empty walls, he had collapsed against the floor and cried.

Hux didn't miss you, necessarily. When he thought about your death he wasn't sad that you were going to be gone. But he was mourning the loss of what could have been. It all could have been so simple, so perfect for him.

It was never supposed to go this way.

But, shit happens. And right now you were going to do your best to make sure that shit was fixed in your favor.

"What are you doing here?" Hux seethed, his face growing red at the embarrassment he felt and the shock of it all. He hated when someone was able to pull one over on him and you majorly have.

    "What does it look like?" You asked him, your gun not wavering. You knew you needed to just shoot him, get it over with.

    Hux laughed humorlessly and bitterly. "You're delusional. What do you think you'll accomplish?"

    You had no time to tell him."That doesn't concern you. You won't be around to see it, anyways."

    Hux supposed he should've seen this coming. There were many things he liked about you. Your smile, your ability to fit in no matter the situation, your infectious laugh, the way you looked on his arm...

    But one of the things he hated about you was your stubbornness.

    He should have known that you wouldn't have gone down so easily.

"If you didn't have a gun in my face I would maybe even find this endearing...the way you think you're one of us. You have no idea what this life is like." Hux told you. His glare was set on you, going in between you and the weapon, trying to find a moment of weakness to make a move.

    This thought occurred to you for the first time. Were you one of them? You weren't a made man, you would never be let into the mafia officially (especially not now). But at this point, you had probably been involved in more business than most low-ranking ranking men.

    Hux had no idea about everything you had done behind his back. He wouldn't even recognize you if he knew. He definitely didn't recognize you now with the determined look in your eyes and the gun pointed in his direction.

    "No, Hux. You have no idea." You told him, moving closer. "There's so much that you don't know. And you're going to die ignorant."

    Hux's jaw clenched, hands flexing in the air. Not only was the current situation maddening but he hated when you made him feel stupid. Everything about this made him feel like a fool. "You're making a big mistake here. You can get rid of me but you'll get killed afterward. Just like Ren."

    You tried not to flinch at that, doing your best to keep your composure so that you didn't give him the satisfaction.

    "What are you talking about?" You asked. This was taking too long. You would've just shot him then but now he was bringing up Kylo dying and you just couldn't bring yourself to get rid of him before you got the information.

    Hux's lips twitched up in a bit of a smirk, pleased by your reaction. Now, you were the fool. "If Ren's alive tomorrow morning, I'll be very surprised. The plan is already in motion, it doesn't matter if I'm here or not. He's going to die."

    You swallowed hard. You had no idea where Kylo was, who was with him if he was okay. As much as you knew that Hux might just be bluffing, you also couldn't take that chance. "Tell me the plan." You said to him.

"Put the gun down." He countered, trying to reason with you.

You shook your head, "I'm not an idiot. I'm the one with the gun, I'm in charge here. Tell me what you're planning with Kylo."   

Hux stayed silent, challenging you.

"Is Snoke involved? Does he know you're planning this?" You asked him, trying to piece it together. You knew you were wasting time but you couldn't help yourself.

"Put the gun down," Hux repeated through gritted teeth, getting more anxious now that he could tell you weren't backing down.

"I'm not fucking around." You growled, getting just as frustrated as he was. "What are you going to do to Kylo?" You asked, pointing the gun directly at his thigh, a direct shot if you were to take it.

Hux smirked, noticing the way you adjusted. He assumed you were bluffing. "Adorable. You think you can save him. You're too late" He chuckled.

He barely got the words out before you pulled the trigger. You shot him right in the leg, blood instantly forming on the material of his expensive dress pants. "Tell me the plan or I'll shoot you again and make you suffer before I kill you." You were shaking violently as you said this, surprised by your actions.

Hux was in shock as well, staring down at the warm red circle spreading across his pant leg. He didn't think you had it in you. He had no idea who you were anymore, that much was extremely clear.

You moved closer to him, gun trained on the other leg, ready to shoot him again if he didn't tell you. You were getting too caught up in the mention of Kylo to think clearly. You should just kill him now but you were being stubborn and protective. You needed to protect Kylo.

When Kylo sent you away to start your life over on your own, he had been sacrificing his sanity to keep you safe. It was time for you to return the favor. You were going to take a dangerous chance to keep him safe.

Vicrul had been standing outside of the door, waiting to hear any sounds that might alert him to check on you.  When he heard the gunshot, he froze. It wasn't loud enough for anyone downstairs to hear it, the club was way too loud on the floor below. Vicrul took a deep breath, praying over and over again his mind that you were the one to shoot the gun and that Hux was now dead.

"Fuck, fine," Hux whined, his hand going to the wound to press down on it. He kept glancing between you and the injury, his body still in shock from the impact. It didn't hurt him yet, he was too overwhelmed by this entire situation to register the feeling.

"Men are waiting for him." Hux coughed out, cursing and stumbling over his words. "At his apartment-To take him out. It'll be easy, he's been so weak ever since you've been gone."

    You took a deep breath. He'd been weak since you've been gone. It hurt you to think about that.

You needed to make sure Kylo didn't go back home, at least not alone if he was drunk and sad, you couldn't let him get hurt.    

    "He's weak? Look at you." You snapped, feeling the need to defend him. Hux grimaced at that statement, feeling weaker than ever right now.

"Does Snoke know about this?" You asked him.

    Hux coughed in response, practically gagging at the pain that was starting to occur to him.

    Vicrul was in the same spot, his ear to the door in an attempt to hear what was going on inside. It was quiet, but he could make out the faintest murmurs of speaking. Both of you. It made him wonder why a gun had fired. He was getting nervous.

    "Does Snoke know you sent men to kill Kylo?" You asked him again, more forceful, hand trembling in anger and in the realization that you were about to kill this man.

    "No." Hux hissed, scowling up at you. He squeezed his leg tightly, trying to stop the blood from flowing, still holding onto the idea that you would spare his life or that you would change your mind.

     Hux's eyes widened, hearing commotion outside of the room.    

The door opened behind you and before you could make a decision on where you should look, you heard the voice behind you. Vicrul's.

"You good?" He asked you in a hushed voice. He was able to see that Hux was bent over while you were still standing up. He could barely make out the blood forming on Hux's leg but it was clear that it had been him who got shot, not you.

If looks could kill, Vicrul would've been on the ground from the way Hux was glaring at him. Of course, the Knights were involved, he noted bitterly.

"All good." You replied, keeping your eyes on Hux as you did so

Vicrul's heart was pounding, He had been so nervous that you wouldn't be able to kill Hux. He was very confident in believing that he would have to come in and do it for you and he wouldn't have minded doing so. He hated the red-haired fucker. But to see you taking charge and doing it all on your own...He was proud of you.

You quickly glanced over your shoulder to send Vicrul a look, telling him to shut the door and get out so that you could finish this.

Vicrul got the hint, shutting the door behind him. The second that he shut it, he was met again with the music blaring from downstairs, loud and distracting.

Hux saw his opportunity with you thrown off because of Vicrul's interruption. He lunged forward, stumbling slightly as he pushed at your knee.  It caught you off guard and the shove he gave you was at a weak spot, right where your leg was slightly bent.

You fell backward, onto your ass, and Hux was on top of you in an instant. You could hardly process what was going on but you were working on pure adrenaline, knowing that you had to get out of this.

The two of you wrestled with the gun in your hands, him trying to disarm you and you trying to keep your grip on it.

You took a deep breath, about to yell for Vicrul so that he could come in and help you. Even in his pained, dizzy state, Hux was still observant of this. His free hand went to your mouth, forcing his hand over it so that you couldn't scream in the way you wanted to.

"Give me the gun." He growled, fingers digging into your skin.

Your words in response were muffled against his hand but it was clear what the intent was: you weren't giving in that easy. You were attempting to point the gun at him, fingers still near the trigger. You could pull it if you had a clear shot but Hux was making that difficult, strategically pushing it away from him while keeping his hold on it.

Your knee went up to his crotch, attempting to hurt him there but he quickly shifted getting out of the way which caused you to hit against his inner thigh instead, a lot less painful.

Hux brought his elbow down your chest, forearm on your neck, putting all of his weight on you there in a way that took your breath away, sharp pain from the pressure of it. As you struggled to take in breaths, your grip on the gun got weaker and weaker, looking up at him with panicked eyes.

"Let go," Hux grumbled, staring down at you, noticing the way that you were beginning to lose your resolve.

You felt tears of struggle leak from the side of your eyes, your inhales shallow and quick, trying to catch your breath but finding it hard to.

You kept imagining Kylo standing behind Hux, telling you to keep going and that you could do it.

You had to make him proud.

Currently, in the floor below your struggles,  Kylo was oblivious.

He was sitting in the roped-off area of the club, the one for the VIPs, aka: the people who thought they were important enough to have their own section and had enough money to buy it.

He glanced down at his expensive watch. He'd been out for a while, he should start making attempts to get back home. He assumed that this would've been enough time to please his men and they wouldn't keep him here much longer.

Kylo finished the rest of his drink, ignoring the way that the people around him were excitedly talking and taking shots, a few of them taking photos of themselves in the exclusive area, wanting to show off to all of their friends.

In the past, Kylo probably would've been right there with them.

Well...he probably wouldn't have been taking photos of himself, that was never his thing. But he'd definitely be drinking more and enjoying himself. Before he met you, he probably would've had a few women on his arms, maybe one on his lap.

Everything was so different now.

    "You good?" Cardo asked beside him, shouting over the music.

    Kylo gave him a short nod. "All good."  He lied, fidgeting in his seat. He had no idea that he had just repeated a conversation you and Vicrul had a few minutes ago.

    "Here." Trudgen interrupted, handing Kylo a glass of champagne, what everyone else was drinking for the holiday in the section, the bottles sitting on ice on the table.

    Kylo made a face of disgust, pushing the glass away from him. "I don't want that." He said, glancing at his empty whiskey glass. He glanced around the section, noticing that it was filled with half-dressed women with the champagne flutes in their hands. He wasn't going to find any whiskey there.

    Kylo leaned back in his seat. He could do one more drink. Then he was out. He tried to get the attention of a passing bartender who was handing out glasses but it was too loud and crowded, she looked right past him.

    He grunted under his breath. He wasn't in the mood for this.

    Kylo stood up from his seat, stumbling slightly at the alcohol and blood that rushed to his head as he did so. He hadn't been getting enough sleep or water or food or anything he needed over the past couple of days.

    Across the club, Ushar was doing his best to be out of his eyesight while making sure that he was able to see Kylo, to be sure that he was staying down on this level and not wandering anywhere that could get him involved in what was going on upstairs.

    But it was packed in the building and if Ushar shifted just slightly, Kylo became completely out of sight, crowded by the people separating the two of them. It was frustrating and nerve-wracking.

    "Hi." He heard someone say beside him. He turned to see a gorgeous woman, drink in her hand, leaning against the wall and grinning at him.

    "Hey," Ushar said, glancing between her and Kylo, trying not to get distracted but it was difficult. Out of all of the Knights, he was not the most focused, to say the least.

    "You're really hot." She breathed, clearly intoxicated which was causing her to be overconfident, giggling and stuttering her words.

    Ushar couldn't help but smirk at that, "Well, you're drunk, But thank you, doll." He said, keeping his eyes on Kylo who was standing up now, putting him on edge.

    The girl was touching his arm now, squeezing his bicep that his tight sweater was wrapped around. "Your muscles are so big. Look how small my hand is next to them!" She gushed, giggling up at him, leaning on him slightly as she did so.

    Ushar swallowed hard. He made the mistake of looking down at her, instantly distracted by the admiring look in her eyes. He took a deep breath, attempting to move his arm away from her. "You're gorgeous. But I'm in the middle of something, okay? Run along."

    "But you're just standing here, you don't look very busy..." She pouted, fingers running up and down his arm as she hung on him.

    Ushar faltered again for a moment, debating whether or not he would be capable of keeping an eye on Kylo while also hooking up with this girl in the corner of the club. His eyes flashed back down to her.

    Her teeth were grazing over her bottom lip, staring at him with lustful desperation. Goddammit. If he was doing anything besides babysitting his boss, he would be all over her...As he mulled that over, Kylo popped into his brain, reminding him of what he needed to be doing right now.

    Ushar looked away and glanced back to the VIP area where Kylo had just been sitting. Gone.

    "Shit." He groaned, instantly swatting the hot girl to the side as if she were a bug, trying to get rid of her. He ignored the way that she made an 'oof' of surprise at the impact as he began trying his best to see through the crowd.

    He couldn't find Kylo anywhere.

    Really, Kylo was trying his best to push past the people at the bar, wanting a drink and not wanting to wait in the line for it.

    After a few more moments of searching, Ushar decided he needed to tell Vicrul what was going on, that Kylo was at the club with them. He didn't want to handle this alone anymore.

    "Whiskey!" Kylo growled, trying to yell over the music, leaning onto the bar. He pointed behind the bartender at the bottle with the black label, the one he wanted.

    The bartender cupped her ear, leaning towards him, trying to hear what he was ordering.

    Kylo was already on edge and this wasn't helping. It should be simple, why was this so hard? "Fucking whiskey!" He repeated, hand in a fist, rings glittering in the dim lights.

    The bartender made a face that she understood before turning back and grabbing whiskey but it was entirely the wrong bottle.

    Kylo ran a hand through his hair with a sigh. Goddammit...

    Then, he blinked in confusion as he glanced around the club. Was he drunker than he thought? It looked like Ushar was pushing through the crowd, getting closer to the exit. He just got back in town, he didn't know he'd be out at a club.

    He made plans with Vicrul and Ushar to discuss how things went in a few days. Seeing Ushar now made him feel sick. To see someone who had just been in contact with you, unexpectedly, threw him off. It couldn't be Ushar, right?

    Kylo had almost convinced himself that it wasn't Ushar until he saw the large man accidentally bump into someone and knock them over obliviously, causing everyone around that person to fall over as well like a domino effect while he trudged through the crowd.

    Yeah, had to be Ushar.

    Kylo moved away from the bar, ignoring the glass of the wrong whiskey that had just been poured for him. He began pushing through the people, calling Ushar's name, trying to get his attention.

    On the floor above the club, Hux was holding you down, cutting off your air supply.

    Your vision was fading, spots of black entering it as you stared up at him. You tried your best to move the gun still, wanting to aim it at him so that you could pull the trigger and get this over with, get him off of you.

    "Give up. Give me the gun." Hux grunted, hair falling into his eyes as he pressed down on your throat and chest.

    You did your best to shake your head, letting out a soft groan. You knew this was a delicate situation. You were losing your breath quickly and you were still wrestling over this gun. You had to act quickly but you were getting weaker. The black dots got larger, taking over your vision completely.

    Your eyes fluttered shut, hoping just for a moment but then when you blinked them open again, Hux was moving his arm off of your neck. You were able to process the fact that he had the gun in his hand now, immediately pressing the barrel to your forehead.

    You gasped for air, finally getting it and struggling against the way that Hux was holding your hands down above your head, against the ground roughly.

    "I told you that you're in over your head." Hux hissed, almost disgusted as the gun pressed roughly against your skin. "I would've never done this to you myself. You forced me to do this." He grunted, tears pricking at his own eyes as he stared down at you.

    Hux wanted you gone but to see you so weak underneath him, about to die, made his stomach drop. At one point, he thought that he loved you. He would've never dreamed that he'd be in this position when you first became his girlfriend.

    You knew you couldn't die this way. Not after everything you'd been through to get to this point, especially not after the events that had taken place recently. You escaped so many near-death situations. Getting shot at the hands of Hux was just not an option for you.

    "Please." You said to him, blinking quickly to get the tears out of your eyes. Your heart thumped painfully. "Please don't." You begged him.

    Hux shook his head, he couldn't give into you. He had to kill you, otherwise, you were just going to kill him. It didn't matter how difficult this would be for him, it was a matter of life or death. "You've left me with no choice." He hissed, pushing the gun further into your skin.

    You knew he was right. The oxygen was slowly getting back in your brain and your thoughts were just as delayed, trying to catch up but you knew you had to think quickly to figure out a way out of this.

    His eyes were locked on yours and for a moment, you were able to remember what it was like to be with him before any of this happened, back before you met Kylo. Hux had never been an amazing boyfriend to you, he didn't love you and he didn't show you much respect.

    But there had been some good times. He was never mean to you, necessarily. He even comforted you at times and tried to make nights together special for you in his own surface-level way.

    You thought about how the two of you got together in the first place. Snoke was supposed to kill you and almost had but Hux stepped in to stop him. Hux saved your life. He took you home with him in the hopes that he'd be able to get more information from you before he inevitably had to kill you himself.

    But he hadn't killed you.

    While staring into his light-colored eyes, gun against your head, you realized you'd been in a similar position with him before. When you'd been essentially a prisoner in his home, when he was using you for information to give to Snoke, you'd woken up to him holding a gun against your skin. He only had the balls to do it while you'd been asleep. The only way you got out of him killing you was to tell him that you loved him...

    You repeated that to yourself over and over again. That's what you had to do.

    "Armie." You coughed out, your voice small and pleading as you stared up at him.

    It caused Hux to falter slightly. He hadn't heard you call him that for a very long time. It caused his own memories to rush through his head. All of the good memories that the two of you shared even if they hadn't been perfect.

    Sure, Hux could now say that he wasn't in love with you. But back then, he hadn't known that. He thought that you were the one. Those feelings were creeping back in as you trembled beneath his body.

    "Armie, I..." You trailed off, the frustrated tears leaking from your eyes worked in your favor.

    "What is it?" He found himself asking in a gentle tone, the gun against your skin wavering just slightly, not digging in harshly anymore.

    "I know you have to do this...You have to kill me, I get that." You muttered as you stopped your motion of trying to wrangle your wrists out from under his grip, putting on the act of giving up entirely.

    Hux swallowed hard. He had to kill you.

    "But...Just once...Before you do..." You pretended to wrestle with what you were going to say next. You were thankful for your ability to be an actress even in stressful situations. It was something you learned from Kylo.

    "Hm? What?" Hux interrupted, getting irritated that you were prolonging this, it wasn't easy for him to do this, to begin with.

    You knew how to lay on the charm and get him to fall for you all over again. "Before you kill me, I just want to pretend that you're mine still...Can you do that for me? Please. Can you kiss me and tell me you love me so that I can pretend none of this ever happened? I want to go back to the time when we were okay. Just for a moment."

    Hux's lip quivered discreetly, trying his best to keep his emotions bottled up. Truly, he wanted nothing more than to go back in time, before Kylo entered his life again. He would've done all of this so differently. He would've been smarter about the time you spent with Kylo, he would've been more protective over you.

    It suddenly dawned on Hux that all of this could've been prevented if he had been better to you. He left you alone so often and Kylo swooped in to take advantage of that. Kylo turned you into a miniature version of himself to spite Hux and it was all Hux's fault, he thought.

    "You want that?" Hux asked you, unable to mask the hopefulness in his voice. You hadn't wanted him in so long.

    "Please." You repeated to him. You were able to see the way his resolve was crumbling, you were tricking him. The power of your manipulation was intoxicating. Kylo would be proud, you told yourself, which only boosted your adrenaline more.

    "Just kiss me. Let me pretend for a second before this is all over." You said again, wanting him to do so...no, needing him to do so.

    Hux blinked, thinking it over. He would be taking a risk by doing so, there was so much that could happen in the moment of him giving into you but he did want it. He wanted to say goodbye to you and mean it. Not a goodbye out of spite or necessity, but a true goodbye to the relationship you two once had.

    He ran the gun down from your forehead to your chest, not pulling it away but making sure that it wasn't near your face so he could lean down towards you. He hovered above your face, tears welled up in his eyes. "I'm so sorry, I would never do this to you if you didn't force me to."

    You tried to pretend to be moved by his words, instead of rolling your eyes in the way you almost instinctively did. You were well aware that Hux didn't care if you got hurt, he just was too much of a coward to do it himself. That's what was so hard for him right now.

    "I know." You lied, "I forgive you." You told him, trying your best to play the part of a woman who was about to be killed.

    Hux sighed in relief at that, that you were going to forgive him. His guilt was out of pure selfishness. He didn't want to kill you, not because he was going to miss you, but because he didn't want to deal with the fallout of it all once he did. Your acceptance of it helped him justify it in his mind, absolving him of the act.

    At that, Hux leaned down and pressed his lips against yours.

    It was almost poetic.

    You two had gone full circle from the last time this happened when you two were just starting your relationship and you convinced him to spare your life by kissing him and pretending you fell for him. It had been the birth of your life with Hux. And now, at this moment, it was the end of it.

    Hux was lost in the kiss, thinking back to all of the times you two had done this in the past. When everything had been so simple when he felt like he was winning in life instead of actively trying not to lose.

Using this to your advantage, you swiftly brought your knee up to his crotch, which in turn caused Hux to let go of his grip on your wrists, in surprise and pain. He was getting extremely weak from the blood he was losing, it wasn't difficult to fight back right now.

His heart sunk. That had all been an act. You didn't want him, after all. He should've known.

With your hands free, you instantly grabbed at your pocket, searching quickly for something specific...

There it was: The knife that the Knights had bought you for Christmas.

Downstairs, Kylo stalked through the club, following Ushar's long strides with his own. "Ushar!" He called out, his deep voice barely audible over the loud noise of the club's atmosphere.

Ushar had no idea, moving towards the back stairwell so he could sneak up to Vicrul and tell him that they needed to wrap this shit up before Kylo figured it out.

Too late.

The second that Ushar started bounding up the slightly quieter steps, he was very much aware that he wasn't alone.

Kylo's hand grabbed Ushar's sweater, stopping him from going anywhere. "What the fuck are you doing here?" He asked him, his tone half irritated that he just had to chase him and half pleasantly surprised.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"Ren!" Ushar pretended to grin happily as if he were glad to be reunited with his boss instead of trying not to blow his cover on the fact he was actively betraying him by bringing you back here.

Kylo released his grip on the fabric to allow Ushar to turn on the stairs and face him. "I thought you'd be too tired from the flight to come out. I suppose I should've known better." He said to him, forcing a small smile.

Kylo couldn't help but think about the fact that a few hours ago, the man in front of him had been on the same plane as you. Although in his mind, you were nowhere near him, the fact that Ushar was right here felt like some sort of link to you. It was overwhelming.

Ushar faked a chuckle. "You know me. Can't turn down a party. It's a holiday, after all."

Kylo frowned now, thinking about it. A holiday. The last holiday, Christmas, he'd spent with you. He wished you were here to start the new year with him. His stomach twisted, feeling sick.

In their silence, Ushar looked his boss over. He could tell Kylo was suffering, he didn't look like himself.

"Why are you going upstairs? It's almost midnight, don't you want to be downstairs celebrating with everyone?" Kylo broke the quietness. He wasn't exactly suspicious, it wasn't out of character for Ushar to be doing something a little strange or shady. But he was curious.

"Oh." Ushar's eyes widened. Think fast.

"I have a girl waiting for me. Really hot. Decided to ring in the New Year with some pussy." He lied.

Kylo couldn't help but smile at that. "Yeah? You couldn't wait to take her home?" He joked, hands in his pockets. "What? Is there a five-star hotel upstairs that I don't know about or something?"

Ushar laughed (a little too loud) and shook his head, sweating. "No hotel, just a few empty closets. I just wanted it quick, ya know? Haven't gotten laid since..." He trailed off, realizing he probably should've stopped talking while he was ahead.

Ushar hadn't gotten laid since before he'd been sent away to babysit you.

Kylo swallowed hard, understanding. "Right." He agreed.

His mind was right back on you again. Were you alright? How did it go when you spoke to Luke? Did it seem like you were going to adjust to your new life? Did you eat food and drink enough water? How much did you cry over him?

Kylo looked at Ushar. "Let me walk up with you. Just for a few minutes then I'll leave you alone." He said, not waiting to hear an answer as he began walking up the stairs, passing him.

Ushar opened his mouth to protest, trying to think of something that he could say to make him stop but it was clear that he wasn't going to be able to.

"I want to know everything," Kylo said over his shoulder, referring to you. He needed the details.

    Ushar quickly followed behind. He could figure this out, he assured himself. He'd just tell Kylo that Vicrul was up there to claim the empty closet for him and the made-up hot girl...

    He could do that, right?

Inside of the small room, you were reacting on pure instinct, doing whatever felt right at that exact moment. Hux wasn't even able to process what you were doing yet. He pulled away from the kiss and stared down at you with a dumbfounded expression, shocked at the way you'd been able to get some dominance back despite his position on top of you.

You did your best to glance down at the small weapon in your hand while pushing his gun away from you as well. Your mind flashed back to when Vicrul and Ushar gave it to you, how it had been poorly wrapped but their faces had been so excited to see you open it. You doubted that they knew you'd be using it for this.

Hux was attempting to wrestle your hands back in place, stumbling slightly because of the throbbing pain in his crotch from where you'd kneed him and at the way that the sudden movement had caused blood to pour out more freely from his wound.

Your fingers moved on the knife, flipping the blade out.

Hux was staring down at your face in frustration, attempting to position his fingers on the trigger of the gun so he could just shoot you and get it over with but it was hard, he was so dizzy and you were doing a good job at making it difficult for him.

You wished you had something witty to tell him, something quick that could sum up all of the ways you felt about him and what he'd put you through. But you couldn't. You were too focused on actually getting the job done. This was your only chance.

Hux grunted your name, pleading, trying to convince you to just give up and let him shoot you.

In the beginning, while you'd been dating him you had been so obedient. Never even argued with him. The more that Kylo was in your life, the more defiant you became.

This was no different. Because of Kylo, you were going to kill Hux.

Kylo bounded up the stairs, mind racing over everything that he wanted to know about their time with you. "She got into the car with Luke, right?" He decided on, speaking straight ahead even though Ushar was behind him.

"Um, yeah," Ushar mumbled, thinking back to what lie they had decided to tell earlier.

It didn't matter much, Kylo was barely even listening for a response, he was too busy thinking over what he wanted to ask next. "You made sure she had all of her bags too? I packed everything specifically for her, I knew what she'd want." He rambled, stepping over the last stair.

Ushar attempted to respond but Kylo kept talking.

"I could've packed more, I guess. Some extra clothes. I tried to grab the things she wore the most, I'm not sure-" Kylo's talking was cut off when he saw Vicrul standing alone in the dark hallway.

Kylo raised an eyebrow, "Vic?" He called out, confused.

Vicrul could've had a heart attack, right there, as he saw Kylo approach him. This was not part of the plan.

"Hi," Vicrul replied, trying to act casual, alternating between crossing his arms and putting his hands in his pockets, suddenly not sure what to do with his hands.

Ushar was behind Kylo, sending Vicrul discreet looks of 'what the fuck do we do?'.

Vicrul made no indication that he saw the looks Ushar was giving him but he got them and he agreed. What the fuck should they do?

"Thanks for guarding the door for me, man. I didn't want someone stealing my secret sex spot." Ushar said to Vicrul, hoping that he would get the hint and go along with the lie that Ushar was going to bring a girl up there with him.

Thankfully, Vicrul caught on. "No problem." He said easily before looking back at Kylo. "Maybe we should head downstairs so they can be alone?" He suggested, wanting to get him as far away from you as possible.

"Sure." Kylo agreed, becoming slightly suspicious. "I just wanted to ask a few questions about how everything went first, though." None of this was out of the ordinary for the two men but something felt off right now. Kylo wondered if his lack of sleep was making him paranoid.

"Okay," Vicrul said stiffly, shuffling from foot to foot nervously. He tried not to think about the fact that you were about to kill Hux in the door directly behind him.

Kylo was silent then, thinking it over. He ran a hand through his hair with a frown, eyes wide at the desperateness that he was feeling. "Do you think she's okay?" He finally asked, looking between the two men quickly, begging them wordlessly to tell him what he wanted to hear.

    You were unable to hear what was going on outside of the door, too focused on the task at hand.

"Stop fighting this." Hux sighed, attempting to press his elbow back against your neck to get you to release your hold on the gun in his hand.

    A small whimper left your lips, trying your best to fight him off, not listening to him in the slightest.

    You were terrified of what you needed to do next. Vicrul was right, it was so much different when it was planned.

    In a brief flash, you thought back to Kylo's face when he told you he was leaving you, how he had to do that because of Snoke and Hux and everyone else who was attempting to keep the two of you apart. It filled you with purpose. You had to do this.

Your hand gripped the knife steadily, confident. While looking directly into Hux's eyes you made a harsh impact into the side of his body, stabbing him. The blade disappeared inside of his flesh and you took the opportunity to twist the knife, painfully emphasizing your intention.

Hux's grip instantly faltered on the gun, mouth hanging open in surprise without any sound coming out of it.

You could see his weakness and you grabbed for the gun in his hand, easily able to pull it out of his grip while still holding onto the knife that was buried in his side. You pushed him away from you, making noises of struggle while you did so.

You were able to use your legs to push him over, rolling him beside you. You pulled the knife from his waist, a large pool of blood coming with it.

Hux said your name softly, in shock and disappointment. He was staring up at the ceiling, chest heaving. It was dawning on him that he had truly lost. He lost everything.

Hux was going to die. He always knew that this life was going to kill him at some point. He never thought that you'd be the one to do it. If it was any other situation, he'd even be impressed with you.

You dropped the knife far away from the two of you then moved on top of Hux, straddling his waist. Your hands were shaking now and you were unaware of the tears streaming down your face. You weren't crying because he was dying. You were crying in relief because you had actually done it. You took matters into your own hands for once.

"I-I..." Hux coughed out, color draining from his face. "I didn't think you'd be able to go through with it..." He admitted, sweat forming in droplets on his forehead, the pain setting in.

"You never really knew me at all." You told him, trembling as you pressed the gun to his forehead.

Hux knew this was true. Even if it wasn't, he couldn't argue with you right now.

He coughed again, a strained sound. His hand went to the wound on his side, watching the blood collect from the material of his shirt onto his fingers. He regretted everything, in that instant. His hunger for more money and power and glory had been his demise.

"You and Ren deserve each other." Hux managed to mumble, the look in his eyes was pure hatred at the mention of Kylo.

You mulled it over. If someone had said that to you before, that you deserved Kylo, you probably would have disagreed. He was always in control and confident... You didn't feel that way about yourself. But now, at this moment, with your gun against Hux's chest, you felt it. You felt like Kylo.

"We do." You responded to his statement.

You looked into his eyes, searching for something that would make you change your mind... There was nothing.

You took a deep breath.

Then, you pulled the trigger.

Kylo froze in place, able to hear the gunshot even over the loud commotion in the club underneath him. The New Year was approaching, almost midnight and the crowd was louder than ever.

"What was what?" He asked, already moving towards the door that Vicrul was standing in front of, able to detect that's where the noise came from.

Vicrul and Ushar went to stop him, both grabbing him and pushing him away from the doorknob. They weren't trying to hide it now, it was clear that Kylo was onto them. Their only goal now was to make sure that he didn't see you.

Kylo fought them off, elbowing them and giving them angry looks. What was going on? He hated being out of the loop and his current exhausted state didn't help with that. To say that he was grumpy was an understatement and he didn't like that his men were clearly hiding something from him.

Kylo grabbed for his gun in his jacket pocket, holding it easily as he pushed Vicrul out of the way and opened the door.

He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw inside.

Instinctively, you looked over when you heard the sound of the door opening. But who was standing there, was the last person you expected.

Kylo.

You were still on top of Hux, the gun in your hand was covered in blood from the way that you had just shot the man in the forehead. Other parts of your body were bloody too from the wrestling and wounds you'd inflicted earlier.

Your chest was heaving, exhausted from the fight you had engaged in, the fact that you'd just murdered someone, and at the fact that Kylo was standing in front of you.

    Neither of you knew what to say. You were both in shock.

    Kylo was vaguely aware of the body laying on the ground but he was too caught up in seeing you to acknowledge it.

    Faintly, the sound of the crowd below could be heard inside of the otherwise silent room.

    "Five!" They shouted, counting down to midnight. 

    Kylo shut the door behind him, leaving the two of you alone with Hux's body.

    "Four!"

    You slowly dropped the gun and stood up from your previously kneeling position, not taking your eyes off of Kylo.

"Three!"

    Kylo was already making his way to you, determined, gaze stuck on your eyes.

"Two!"

You began approaching him as well, closing the gap quickly because of how small the room was.

"One! Happy New Year!"

Kylo grabbed your waist and pulled you against him, hugging you close to his chest and instantly sobbing into your hair.

The walls of the closet you were in were vibrating with sound, the loudness from the club beneath you resonating and echoing through the walls.

It was chaos amid this stability, in Kylo's arms.

Kylo felt his heart soar, thumping in time with the noise.

He got his princess back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 2.6K 38
modern kylo (college) AU you're a fashion student who has landed one of the top internships at 'jakku & tatooine'. thanks to your great acting skill...
54.5K 1K 12
❝takes one to know one ❞ • [Modern AU] • After a calamitous tragedy cleaves the Solo family in two, a mother transforms into the enemy of her own son...
102K 2.8K 50
"Not many people can tell me no," Kylo Ren declared. "But you evidently think that you can" "That's why you're so stuck up," you retorted quickly. "B...
2.7K 146 9
{{Completed}} The menacing General Hux had been dealing with the downfall of Star Killer base, the constant meetings with allied companies and severa...