Coffee Addiction - A Quackity...

Von BP98208

Having already been a clumsy person, I had enough practice catching myself when I fell so I didn't smash my f... Mehr

I n t r o d u c t i o n
F a c e C l a i m s
C h a p t e r O n e
C h a p t e r T w o
C h a p t e r F o u r
C h a p t e r F i v e

C h a p t e r T h r e e

287 31 13
Von BP98208

"You know exams are coming up right? You can't spend all your time watching the stream." Clement sighed, glancing over his shoulder at me. "I regret ever telling you about him."

I finally took my headphones out and looked at him hard, "I can do studying at 3 am, it's not like I can even go to sleep. Might as well be productive then."

"So then why can't you watch the stream then? It's not going anywhere, the whole vod is going to be on twitch and on Youtube. You should study NOW, so that if you DO end up drifting off, you'd at least be good for tomorrow. Besides, if you're going to be jacking around you might as well write and do something a little better than looking at the goddamn screen."

My mouth was slightly agape when I heard him say that. Was it really Clement telling me to peel my eyes away from a screen? A streamer no less. But he did have a point. No point in later moping around about no writing time when I clearly had so much. Not wanting to though, but still wanting to stop the stream, I eventually succumbed to my study books. 3 am would be set for writing and nothing else.

But did I really want to give up stimulation of hearing Quackitys voice in hopes of hearing something about me? Placing an earbud in, I listened to the stream while I pulled out my notes, assuring Clem that it was just music. Alex did in fact provide a sense of calmness and I got more work done than I thought I would. Soon enough, my Sunday evening came to an end and me and my roommate both were satisfied with what progress we'd accomplished. I was a little disappointed the streamer hadn't said anything about me, but it WAS a quiz taking stream and it wasn't even on HIS channel, it was on Karl's.

But I still held onto hope because even though it had been 2 hours, the live was still going. And I'm glad I did, because Karl finally decided to check the chat.

"Alright chat, that's enough of Buzzfeed, any other quiz suggestions? We're not playing Kahoot- What else? Hmmm... opinions on Coffee boy? Coffee Boy? Is that a site? I've never heard of it," He glanced confusingly at green screen Quackity on the side of his display. "Alex, have you heard of Coffee Boy? That's a weird honking name for a quiz site..."

"It's not a quiz site, don't worry about it-"

"Wha- wait so does that mean you DO know what it is? Tell me, tell me, tell me-"

That's when I heard chuckles off screen and my eyes widened when I associated that sound with George. I completely forgot that he was also taking the quiz with the two of them. My eyes narrowed in unison with Karl and I wondered what reason the laughter ensued for.

"Karl didn't you hear? Quackity's got his own Candle Girl!" George burst into more laughter upon seeing Karl's shocked expression.

He giddily started jumping up and down, nearly falling off his chair, and questioned the boy next to him who was looking very red. "What, you never told me?! Tell me about him, tell me about him!"

"George why the fuck- He's not like Candle Girl, I don't like him? He's just this guy I met at a coffee shop I went to. But then chat decided to fucking decide that his name is Coffee Boy. Don't get your hopes up..." He quickly explained, rolling his eyes at Karl's fake pouting.

"Aw, I was so excited. Does Coffee Boy know you're famousssss?" He drew out the s way longer than needed. I drew in a breath, questioning what he would say.

"Uh his coworker he worked with recognized me and he overhead so yeah. I accidently let out that I was a pretty popular YouTuber. He thought it was cool but I don't think his opinions on me changed really."

George made a pog face and asked, "How did you even talk to him? I never stay in coffee shops and get all cozy with the people there-"

Karl intervened, "That's because you already have Dream, georgie-poo, Quackity needs his own boyfriend now. But he's got a point, how did you end up talking to him?"

"Well I come towards the end of closing hours and because I behaved sort of bitchy when he ran into me on accident the first time, I decided to stay after and help them clean."

Karl shook his head, "That's the closest thing we're going to get to seeing you in a maid outfit..."

George ignored him and kept hammering on with the questions, "Does he know you as Quackity or Alex? Whats HIS name?"

"Uh both, when his friend recognized me he said Quackity. But I introduced myself as Alex, obviously, no one fucking introduces themself as Quackity, George. I'm not going to say anything about him, but his name is Y/n."

I smiled, happy that he respected privacy. I personally didn't mind anything, but it was nice of him to not enclose anything serious about someone he barely knew.

"Wait, so he could be watching the stream then?" Karl suddenly interrupted, looking at the camera with his eyebrows raised and a really big smile.

Alex's eyes widened and he started stuttering, "U-uh maybe, but it's probably unlikely he's on Karl's channel, he's most likely on mine-"

"But if he is, everyone say hi to Coffee Boy!" And Karl waved after George yelled out HELLO and Alex groaned to the side while somewhat reluctantly waving. And chat was going by at 30,000 miles per hour, donations popping in and saying "Coffee Boy really is living the main character life" resulting in me doubling over and shaking my head. 

And even though they couldnt see me, I waved back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found myself waving again the next day when I saw Alex at the door of the cafe. Coming up to cash register he gave me a smile but before I he could say anything I looked at him and asked, "Cafe latte with a little more espresso and less milk right?"

He stared at me in mild stun, "Yeah, actually, did you memorize my order?"

I shrugged, "You're my most memorable customer so I don't see why I wouldn't"

Chuckling, he sat back down and waited for his name to be called, which of course he didn't need to say since I already knew. Adding the smiley face I placed it on the counter before deciding that I would go ahead and give it to him instead. Asking for Mia, another coworker of mine, to take over my job, I squeezed her hand in gratuity before sitting down next to Alex, making him look up from his laptop.

"Here's your coffee," I slid it over to him gently before putting my head in my hand. "So what're you doing? Editing again?"

"Nah, I'm actually doing school work," he glanced sideways at me, as if asking why I was sitting with him, but he didn't say anything. I raised by eyebrows, not knowing that he went to school.

"Damn, you stream and you go to school? What do you study?"

"Well yeah, I do online law school. Streamings nice yeah, but I've always wanted to be a lawyer."

"So you're smart AND funny?"

"Well- uh I'm not that funny-"

"Your 3.2 Million followers on Twitch say otherwise..." I glanced out the window, smirking.

"Oh god, you found my Twitch?"

"Yeah, and I remain true to my word. You're super fucking funny. And your friend... what's his name? Karl? He's alright too, I like his nails." I pointed out.

His face went extremely red and I tried covering a smile because I knew exactly why. "Do you watch him too?" He asked delicately. He groaned when I nodded. "Look, if you heard anything, I apologize, George and Karl can be assholes."

"I personally thought it was flattering but if you insist..."

"Oh are you alright with that? Um, I know it's kinda weird being talked on stream-"

"No, of course, it's alright with me," I nodded. "Out of curiosity, who exactly is Candle Girl?"

"Oh... Uh it's this girl Karl likes that works at Bath and Body Works," he laughed to himself, "He kept buying candles from her just to see her. I actually met her, she's pretty cute so I don't blame him but he really needs to grow a pair."

"Your chat's pretty bold then, calling me the equivalent of her for you," I edged on, secretly enjoying how embarrassed he was getting. I truly was evil.

"Ugh just ignore my chat, they can be great sometimes but I swear to god they also get so fucking stupid."

"I think it's cute," I shrugged, "Anyways... I have to go, it was nice talking to you Alex, hope you enjoy your coffee." I mini-saluted to him and went back to counter before he stopped and yelled, "Wait!"

Turning back around in surprise, I looked at him who looked like he was going to say something. "What's up?"

"Could I have your number?" I froze, not sure how to react to that. "Oh y-" I started.

"I just- liked talking to you so I thought it would be easier if I- I don't actually... you know what, it's fine."

"No, no it's alright. Here, I'll write it down," so I grabbed a blank receipt and gave it to him. My palms were a bit sweaty and I hope it didn't feel weird when I gave it to him. He muttered a thank you and I nodded back. After I reached the countertops again, I told Mia she could go back to her usual spot and I could take over. After a couple minutes, Alex left, and I felt kinda empty this time when we were closing up since he usually was there. But I still was considerably happy since he did in fact give me his contact.

Once I reached home, I pulled my laptop and started writing, like I promised myself I would earlier. I was on chapter 9 of it, having already established the setting, the majority of the characters and a parallel plot sequence. I had a decent thing going for me, but I had the most trouble with establishing the personality of the love interest. She'd been introduced, but only through name and never through an actual meeting between her and my protagonist. I'd written up to that point exactly: she'd followed him to the alleyway as her boss had told her to, but how should the dialogue go? Should she be shy, quiet, but deadly? Should she be overly cocky and perhaps have a bitchy attitude? Or should she be a rookie, making constant mistakes but managing to get lucky every time?

I was unfortunately saved from making this decision however, since my phone decided now was the time to notify me of a text message. Pulling it from my pocket, I checked to see who texted me. I almost put it away when I saw it was from an unknown number but then I realized that I'd given Alex my phone number earlier. I clicked to see what the message was and when I saw it, I definitely knew it was Alex.

(xxx)-xxx-xxx

Hi
Is this Y/n?

Yep, it is, is this Alex?

Yeah :)

How are you?

I'm alright, how are you?

I'm pretty good as well
So whatcha doing?

Well I'm setting up a stream rn and I finished a little early and was bored so...

Ooh nice, whatcha going to stream?

Jack box, haven't done of those in a hot minute 🥶
How about you?

Oh I was writing

Are you an English major?

Oh no, I write for fun, I'm studying to be a dentist

A dentist? Never would have guessed
So how's your book going

It's alright, I'm just stuck on the personality for the love interest of main character. I'm trying to base him off of me but I've never been in any relationship to see what dynamic I would work well with

Uh have you tried it based off your friend?
Clement I think was his name?

Clem?
Nah, I don't think his personality would go with it

Hm
Maybe me?

...wait.

?

That would actually work

It would?
I was half joking but uh cool

Describe yourself to me.
Not like physically, but your attitude and stuff

Well
I'd like to say I'm mature but I'm really not, I have the maturity of a 10 year old boy😃
I guess I have a hard time to be serious in situations unless it really matters
I'm a completely different person with my friends and without.
Is that good?

Maybe
But damn that was pretty well thought out
Maybe I should name her Alexa after you too 😍

Oh god...
I mean, go for it, I'd be honored
I guess I owe you one for talking about you in stream

Nah I liked it 👺

Oh shitttt
Alright I see you
Speaking of stream, I'm going to start mine
Ttyl?

Yeah of course, have fun
I'll probably be watching you anyways🤠
Lmao

🤪
*read 2:47 a.m.*

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

16.1K 347 12
"Quackity?" I spin around, tackling him and tumbling roughly into the wall behind us. I pin his wrist down, tears dropping onto his soon-to-be crimso...
368K 26.6K 32
THE FALL OF AN EMPIRE BOOK TWO -- Approaching Anoitos' temple again, you opened the door, turning as you stepped inside to close it again. The door c...
33.8K 1.3K 18
Fantasy series: book 1 ☼︎-----------☼︎ You knocked the sword out of his hand and tackled him to the ground. His white mask fell of reviealing his fac...
38.8K 1.3K 18
Thantophobia (n.) the fear of losing someone you love. "We all have our own reasons for forgetting how to breath..." Y/n is terminally ill. Although...