Blindly Running into Trouble

By everyday_imstumblin

"Basically this story is about Avan who is a blind, grumpy, moody, arro-" "Okay! I think they get your po... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
TEASER!! coz i'm cool like that
Chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Blindly Running into Trouble-THE MOVIE!!!
Part I
Part II
Part lll

chapter 3

20.5K 688 108
By everyday_imstumblin

Ciara’s POV

As I drove home, my mind wondered to Avan, bet he’s enjoying detention right about now. Grinning I turned the corner and made my way to Aunt Clara’s house. Well I guess it’s mine too, ever since my parents died about five years ago in a car accident, where a truck driver crashed into them.

I was at home at the time but my cousin Amber was with my parents, she was lucky to be alive.

The crash caused major problems to her head and the doctors made it there in time to save her life but…I sighed.

They couldn’t save her eyes.

The glass shattered and the next thing you know, the doctors told her she will never see again.

Amber didn’t take it well especially at how young she was, but with her mother and me by her side, she got used to it and then a couple of years after, accepted it as a part of her. She’s thankful that that is the only thing she lost and not her life.

Amber was 13 at the time of the accident but now at 18, one year older then me, she became very strong and took life with her head held high..

Well for me, it took awhile to understand that my parents weren’t coming back. I guess a little part of me still thinks that they just went on one of their very long holidays and will return suddenly as a surprise, like they always did. But I soon accepted it and now I live by a different rule, you only live once.

YOLO, it has changed my life and attitude for the better… or worse for everyone around me. Apparently the new Ciara, became an annoying little pest as my, oh-so-nice cousin said.

“Where are all my single ladies!” I screamed while closing the front door. “In the kitchen.” My aunt Clara replied. I rolled my eyes at the cliché response; “They just had to be in the kitchen…” I mumbled.

I walked towards the kitchen and saw Amber sitting by the table while Clara cooks.

I remember the times where I used to be attached to the hip with her, wherever she went I did to and vise versa. We were inseparable, still are. I helped Amber adjust to her new life without her sight. I went with her to learn Braille, created games so she still feels she can do normal things and even helped Clara raise money for Amber to get a Seeing Eye dog for her birthday. She named him Fido, who was currently lying on the floor next to her.

She said she didn’t want to burden us and that’s where I learnt a valuable lesson, my rule is that only when they ask for your help, then you help them, but otherwise leave them alone to learn by themselves. It gives them a sense of responsibility…but if they look like there’re really struggling; then help them when they are not looking. (Don’t tell Amber that!)

Snapping out of my daze, I slowly and quietly made my way behind Amber. We always played this game ever since I invented it, I would try to sneak up on Amber and if I scare her, she has to do what I want.

But if she doesn’t get scared, then she gets one of my precious Kit Kat’s. My addiction with them is beyond the level of Golem in Lord of the Rings.

With ninja skills, I crept behind her. Almost a foot away, with my hands ready for the pounce, I bent my knee to jump and then-“I know you’re behind me Ciara” -I let out the breath I was holding and gave up.

“How?” I whined and then proceeded to sulk in the chair next to her. “Well maybe it was the warning call when you entered the door or the very loud noises you make. You pick one.” She replied while munching on my Kit Kat that Clara gave her.

“I was humming mission impossible for your information.” I huffed and crossed my arms on the table. “Maybe next time Sweety.” Aunt Clara is what I call a gentle soul, to nice and caring. I swear she doesn’t have a bad bone in her body but…she does have a guilty one, if that exists.

She can guilt trip you into anything, I remember once Amber and I got into a huge fight and Aunt Clara solved it by making us feel bad that she is in the middle of our fight and that she doesn’t want to choose sides.

It worked of course; she used very precise words to get us to make up.

“Yeah, maybe” I glared at Amber as she ate my future husband. I still had more Kit Kat in my secret keep, but it’s still sad for me to let go of them.

“So how was your first day?” Amber asked

Immediately I got down to business, putting on my business face, I entwined my hands together and placed them on the table.

“New student named Avan Jackson, aged-17 related to our Coach Joe Jackson. Dark brown hair, well built in muscle and about six foot three, I have yet to find out his eye colour. And I think he has an issue with me since I got him detention” Clara and Amber shook their heads, for them it’s the most normal thing I’ve ever done.

“Oh and he’s blind.” I casually said but then grinned when they both did a double take. “I’m sorry but did you say blind” Amber exclaimed. “You heard me.” I got up and took out a Kit Kat from the cupboard.

Clara sighed, “That poor boy” she said and then turned back to cutting up potatoes. “Why you say that?” I curiously asked.

She turned around and looked at me “Do you plan to leave the boy alone?” I shook my head “Exactly” I frowned and Amber giggled. “So what, eventually he will enjoy my presence” I argued.

“No, he has no choice but to accept your presence” I slapped the back of Ambers head.

“Mum!”

“Aunt Clara!”

We said at the same time “Settle down children, Ciara be a doll and take Fido for a walk. I believe Amber has something to complete.” Clara gave a stern look to her daughter who had her mouth opened to argue “Not a word.” Amber grumbled under her breath and got off her seat and easily walked to her room without assistance, after of course, passing me Fido’s leash.

I took the leash and led Fido outside the door. We walked to a nearby park where little kids play on the playground and also people who walk their tiny little rats- I mean dogs. I just hate the mini, annoying ones that won’t shut up.

But thankfully I could only see big dogs; I let Fido go and watched him act like a dog. Sniffing the butts on all of them, ah good times.

I leisurely walked on the pathway but then abruptly stopped.

Is that…

It can’t be….

“Dammit Fido, how many times do I have to tell you? No humping other dogs!” I yelled across the park “Especially males!” Fido looked at me and then made a run for it, I snorted; did he think that I would actually chase him…Hah!....

***

“When I get my hands on you, you will be sorry!” I breathlessly yelled after Fido, people around us watched in amusement as I chased him. Growling, I tried a different tactic “Come here Fido and I will give you a dog treat” I guess the sound of my voice wasn’t very inviting; I would say it sounded more like I’m-going-to-kill-you kind of voice.

I urged my feet faster but just when I was picking up speed-“Get out of the way!” but it was too late. I crashed into him, the good news he softened my landing because he was soft and the ground is not, the bad news is…its Avan.

The last time I saw him, which was about 4 hours go, he wasn’t happy with me and by the sound of his angry groan, he’s still not happy with me.

Man, he is one tough cookie to please.

“Avan what a lovely surprise to see you here.” I nervously laughed while lying on his rock hard chest. Oh my…do I feel abs?

“Please tell me you just sound like Ciara and is not actually her” he muttered. I don’t think he realised that his arms were around my waist…I guess I’ll tell him later.

“Um well, do you want me to lie or…?” fiddling with his shirt button, I waited for his reply. Avan groaned again and laid his head back on the ground, I’ve never noticed before but his sunglasses fell off and lay to the side of us.

Peering down I could see his eyes were a molten silver, a rather odd but mesmerizing colour.

I really didn’t want to admit this but…

Damn….he looks hot.

“So…how was detention?” Oops wrong question. Avan suddenly pushed me of him and I fell to his side.

“Well that was rude, you could have told me and I would have moved jerk!” I hit him on his chest, pleased to see him flinch. “Why are you so violent?” he barked, (get it, ‘barked’… and we are surrounded by dogs… ah forget it, you people are hard to please)

“Why are you such a jerk?” I retaliated.

“Why are you so annoying?”

“Why are you so anti-social?”

Before he can make another comment I raised my voice and cut him off “Guess we will never know these answers!” I stared at him hard, making sure he doesn’t utter another word.

Avan just huffed and laid back; he put his hands behind his head and relaxed. Taking that as a sign, I too laid back and gazed up at the sky.

“You’re very annoying you know that.” He finally said.

“So I have been told.” I started to pick away at the grass.

“I almost got in trouble because of you.”

“I know.” I really didn’t, but I was going to keep this normal conversation going, even if it’s about me.

“Can I ask you a question?” I turned my head in his direction

“No, but I’ll listen to it anyway.” He chuckled at that one, making me grin.

“Why are you talking to-“ I didn’t let him finish that sentence because I knew what it was “Let’s just say that you and me have a lot in common.”

“Meaning?” he asked.

“You’ll find out one day” I was talking about him meeting Amber but for now I’ll just let him get used to me. If he ever does…

“Well that’s all I need to know.” Avan abruptly got up and my brows furrowed. I quickly got up as well and went after him, also realizing that he has a Seeing Eye dog. Running up to his retreating figure “Wait, what do you mean by that?” I asked trailing behind him.

“I just wanted to know why you are annoying me and hopefully find a way to stop it.” well so much for our bonding time. “Now I think I know what to do.” Shocked, I just stopped walking.

Why that little- “Asshole!” I screamed, Avan backwardly waved his hand. I started to walk back angrily and then saw a little black thing on the ground, Avan’s sunglasses, “Well, well, well…I guess you and I are going to have another little chat Avan.” I mumbled to myself while smirking.

In a gangster way (If possible) I picked them up and put them on. I stared out at the park, grinning like no tomorrow.

….

“Nope, not working.” I sighed and took the glasses off because I couldn’t see a thing.

But nevertheless, I’ll show that jerk. No one messes with Ciara Swan!

“You’re not getting rid of me that easily Avan Jackson.” I took this moment to evilly laugh out loud, scaring the little kids and getting disapproving looks from parents.

Then out of nowhere, Fido took this moment to run pass me.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, Fido can run all he wants; I am not chasing after him. With my chin held high and a smile on my face, I started to continue my leisurely walk.     

***

“Whoa! What happened to you?” Clara asked. Not answering her, I walked up to Amber and dumped the leash in her hands.

“Your dog is a demon!” I hissed and then made my way to my room while picking out leaves and sticks that somehow got stuck in my now, messy black hair.

Stupid dog -_-

*****

Heheh don't you just love Ciara :D

alright to keep this story going-

vote

comment

fan

you pick XD until next time folks!!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
3.3K 182 14
Leila hates the cold. Every winter, she bundles herself up in multiple layers to fight the snowy weather, earning her the nickname Little Penguin due...
109K 7.4K 25
Once upon a sleepover before vacations, Bethany Summers and her two friends make a list, a sacred list to help her find a perfect guy. A list of qual...
10.7K 1.1K 63
ONC 2023 Shortlist @YARomance Undiscovered Book of the Month (January 2024) Featured on Wattpad's HighFantasy, StoriesUndiscovered (May 2023), Dange...