AISLIN | I

By WriterMickeyC

❝You are just a WOMAN. You can't fight in this war, you're weak. It will chew you up and spit you out, you ca... More

A I S L I N
W A R R I O R S
β™• PART I β™•
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
β™• PART 2 β™•
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
β™• PART 3 β™•
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
Postliminaries | Author's Note

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

1.9K 98 122
By WriterMickeyC

THE BOAT rattled as it made contact with the dark wooden dock.

Merk sat nestled into the foot of the Black Mountains, which had been founded by Méabh's Viking ancestors before her. Méabh can only be described in one word: passionate. She's talkative, mysterious, thoughtful, and sometimes mean; possibly a little too mean. But there's more to her than meets the eye, which is unsurprising for someone in her position.

She is the next in line to become Merk's Chief and the first female chief the clan had ever had. The pressure to be great like her father weighed heavily on her heart as she grew older. Méabh is quick-witted and can solve even the most difficult problems that life can throw at you, but she's only human.

I had just gotten to know Kingsley when I met Méabh. They trained and grew up with each other. Individually, they were strong, but together, they were invincible.

I have been teaching others the way I have been taught for most of my life. Not only had I made allies, but I had created a family. I have passed my knowledge to others. With love and acceptance foremost in their hearts, each student came together and formed a bond that can't be broken by any external force.

For each other, we would break our backs.

As I stepped on the main deck, I readjusted my leather vest. With her sword in hand, Kingsley made her way up the stairs from under the ship.

"Are you ready?" I inquired as she approached me.

"I am, indeed." She nodded in response.

The shipmates laid down a gangplank for us to walk down. Before I could step onto the plank, I felt a warm hand wrap around my elbow, turning me around. Leland was standing behind me, his hand around my arm. Examining the wooden gates of Merk and the thick fog surrounding it, Leland held an uncertain gaze. He seemed hesitant when he looked back at me, but he spoke anyway.

"Be safe." He said softly.

I let out a sigh and softly smiled. I gently removed his hand from my arm, saying, "Don't worry, I'll be right back."

He nodded, knowing I was capable of looking after myself, but looking as if he wanted nothing more than to keep me on the ship at all costs. He gently squeezed my hand in his before releasing it and stepping back. August's puppy face was visible over Leland's shoulder as he looked at Kingsley. I must have made a face because Leland turned around to see what I was looking at. He shook his head and chuckled under his breath when he saw August.

"Let's go, lover boy." He chuckled as he turned the starstruck young man around and pushed him away in front of him.

I heard Kingsley's footfalls retreat down the gangplank. I turned on my heel and followed. Merk loomed in front of us. The docks were completely abandoned. The last time I had been here, Merk had been a bustling trading port, overflowing with ships of all kinds from all places, but today our ship occupied the only remaining intact slip. The clan wars had clearly taken their toll on the small village.
The stone walls rose 10 feet into the air and were topped with logs. Two heavy gates made of logs bigger around than I was hung under a stonework archway bearing the Merk crest. A single soldier stood guard at each gate, holding spears and donning with swords.

Kingsley and I approached the gates. The two guards saw us approaching and moved together, standing shoulder to shoulder in front of the large cast-iron rings that opened the doors.

"State your business!" One of the soldiers announced. His voice boomed, echoing off the looming mountains.

"We've come to see Méabh." I said. My statement was met with doubtful looks from both guards. I reached into the inner pocket of my vest and removed a large silver pendant. I held it out to the guard to see as Kingsley did the same. The pendant was round, about 3 inches in diameter, and had a leather cord strung through the top. On it was engraved the Chief of Merk's family crest. When Méabh had returned home, she knew the clan wars were escalating. She had given each of us one so that if we ever needed to find her we wouldn't be put on trial as spies.

The guards' eyes widened at the sight of the pendants. They shuffled apart and pushed the gates open, ushering us through.

The village of Merk was nested in the side of the mountain. It was protected on three sides by the stone and wood wall and the fourth side by the mountain.

Lookout towers stood at every corner and three were perched on various precipices along the rocky slope. The gates opened into the village square. The gravel roads were lined with wooden huts and shops with thatched roofs. I scanned the moderate hustle and bustle for a familiar face.

There! Drystan stood in a group of men amongst the busy crowds chatting. As we approached the group he looked up and a smile spread across his face. He excused himself from his group of companions and made his way toward us, his hazel eyes holding an expression of disbelief.

"It's really you!" he exclaimed as he reached us. "I thought I was imagining things! What are you doing here? Something to do with my little sister I presume. She hasn't gotten into trouble now has she? Need me to set her straight for you?" He asked playfully.

Drystan was Méabh's older brother. They contrasted and complemented each other at the same time. He was tall and muscular, she was short and petite, but almost his match in strength. He was outgoing, she hid her true self until she knew you wouldn't betray her.

He had dark brown curls in a mop on his head, she had straight light brown hair that stretches all the way down to her butt. It was hard to believe they were siblings, but when you saw them work for the good of their people, it was obvious they were cut from the same cloth.

I had offered to take Drystan on as a student as well, but he felt that someone should stay and help their father so he forfeited the opportunity and sent Méabh off with me, Kingsley, and another girl from the village; Blakley-Rose.

"I'm not sure where Méabh has run off to, but let me take you to the city hall. She'll show up there anyway and Da would be thrilled to see you." He said, wrapping an arm around each of us in a gentle hug, the hug reserved for family friends who you liked, but didn't know very well. He released us and turned, leading us away from the square.

I couldn't help but feel mesmerized as I watched the townspeople come together, and be a family. The kingdom of Mark always gave me a warm home feeling that I will never forget.

We continued our trek through the busy crowds and along the stone roadways when we stopped at the doorstep.

Drystan grabbed a hold of the doors metal ring handles and pulled the large oak doors open.
The great city hall glowed in the embers of that evening's fire. Lit torches lined the two side walls and backs walls, creating a warm and living atmosphere.

The raised stone fire pit was stationed in the middle of the giant room. Eight long rectangular tables lines both sides of the fire pit. The walls were lined with mounted torches and hunting trophies and racks of weaponry rested along the back wall.

Maces, battle axes, spears, swords, hammers, helmets, and more. Each piece of weaponry brought a sense of excitement as my eyes touched each one. A nostalgic feeling drifted over me, as my mind went into overtime, thinking of all the ways I could use those weapons.

A loud belly laugh caught my attention and immediately felt a smile arise on my face. Chief Asmund had his back to me but I knew it was him. He had his arm locked around a poor boy's neck, holding him in a playful coke hold rubbing his knuckles into the top of the boy's head. He turned around at the sound of the doors of the city hall closing.

Chief Asmund was always big and burly for as long as I've known him. Roughed furs and torn leather covered his body. His shaggy red hair was stuck out beneath the Chief's helmet he wore proudly on his head and a short red stubble covered the lower half of his face. His clear blue eyes caught mine and lit up with so much love.

Chief Asmund was like a father not just to me, but everyone else. At first glance, his appearance would send you in the other direction but what was in his heart, no one could turn away from. His name means divine protection, which was all he ever showed us and his villagers. Protection.

Chief Asmund immediately let go of the boy that was in his arms, causing him to plop face-down on the floor.

"Aislin!" He exclaimed with his gruff voice.

Chief Asmund was in front of us before we could blink, wrapping his arms around me and Kingsley. With one of us in each of his arms, he began jumping up and down while squeezing us.

Kingsley and I embraced him and laughed as he continued to pull us off the ground effortlessly and dance around the room.

"Oh my stars! I can't believe you gals are here! It's so good to see your lovely faces!" He exclaimed. He set us down gently and pulled away but keeping his hands on our shoulders, "What dragon's name are you doing here?"

"It's good to see you too, old friend," I chuckled, "But I'm afraid we can't stay long. I need to see Méabh."

"It's very urgent. King Kole was kidnapped." Kingsley said quietly.

Chief Asmund's face hardened slightly and he nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation. "Well I am glad you guys came." He began, "She's over with the young ones."

Kingsley and I looked back to a corner of the city hall and saw a familiar head of dark brown hair. We made our way to her and the group of children. All of their faces were lit up with bright smiles and bubbling laughter seemed to overflow from them.

"Tag, you're it!" Méabh laughed as she tapped a young girl on her shoulder.

The little girl seemed no more than 5 years old, and an angry, yet playful, pout grew on her face. Then a look of determination, and the little girl leapt towards Méabh, trying to get her.

Méabh stumbled backwards and fell on her butt. The little girl seized the opportunity to get her and jumped on her stomach, straddling her.

"Tag! YOU'RE it!" the little girl laughed evilly.

I watched in amusement as Méabh looked over the little girl's shoulder looking straight at a young boy who was standing behind the young girl. He seemed no older than six years old.

I watched his silent plea to be tagged and be it. Méabh nodded, then tapped the boy with her foot, "Tag, You're it!"

The little girl turned around to see who Méabh was talking to only to have the little boy tag her. The little girl scrambled up in disbelief.

"Tag! You're it!" The little boy laughed, then took off at a sprint with the little girl hot on his tail.

Méabh laughed under her breath and shook her head in amusement, attempting to pull herself to her feet.

"Kids are interesting little things," I chuckled, sliding out of their way.

"They are definitely intriguing." Kingsley hummed in agreement, offering Méabh a hand. "Interesting to observe, but they never appealed to me." Kingsley continued, shaking her head.

Méabh let out a gasp as she looked up at us, accepting Kingsley's hand that was stretched out towards her. Kingsley pulled Méabh up and into her arms with a single heave. Méabh's feet dangled off the ground as the two embraced.

Kingsley set her gently on her feet and I stretched out my arms. Méabh closed the distance between us so quickly the force of our collision almost knocked me off my feet. I wrapped her in my arms and stood up straight, pulling her feet off the ground yet again.

"Oh my land! I can't believe you're here!" She squealed as I set all 5 feet, 2 inches of her back on the rough wooden floor. Her violet eyes shined with excitement and she danced on the balls of her feet. Her chocolate brown braids starting at her hairline and snaking back along the top of her head trailing behind her and finally coming to an end about 6 inches above her knees swung as she bounced in joy.

She wore a cream cotton shirt under a brown leather bustier that provided protection over her vital organs. She wore short leather sleeves and a collar over the cotton shirt and this was reinforced by leather shoulder-plates that were buckled in a criss-cross across her collar bones. Her forearms were protected by buckled leather cuffs. She wore paneled pants that hugged her short legs, a seam running down either side of the front of her leg tucked into knee-high boots that had steel plates up the front, tied tight with leather cord. From the plain leather belt on her waist hung a hip-pocket on the left and a small axe on her right.

"What are you guys doing here?" Méabh asked us, looking confused.

"We need your help." Kingsley said.
"I got a mission and it has proved harder than I expected it to be. So I am bringing the syndicate back together," I explained.

"What was your mission?" she asked me.

"Kole was kidnapped." Kingsley said in her mother tongue. Méabh gasped and brought a hand to her lips as Kingsley continued, "We need you and Blakely-rose to come with us."

Méabh nodded, her face hardening, "Okay. I'll get her and get ready to leave. Give me a couple minutes."

Before she could run off, Chief Asmund blocked her path and stared at her with an expressionless face. He reached down and rested his hands on her shoulders.

After a beat, he sighed, "I know why you have to leave and I respect that. You must protect your family, but please be safe. I know you can take care of yourself but you know I still have to say it. You're my only daughter, and Merk's future chief. And that goes for you girls too. You are like my flesh and blood and as I breathe, it would pain me to know something happened to you. King Kole wouldn't want you risking your safety for him. Please watch your backs and remember; Nothing is what it seems." We all nodded and gave him a hug.

Méabh pulled away first, looking at us with a fierce look, "We will be right there."

I nodded, pulling away from Chief Asmund, "Meet us at the gates of Merk. Our boat is stationed at the loading dock."

Chief Asmund followed us to the door of the Great Hall. "I leave my daughter in your hands once again, Aislin. Please bring her home in one piece." he asked, a silent pleading clouding his clear eyes. I rested a reassuring hand on his arm and nodded. Kingsley and I turned and started back for the ship.

The ship bustled as the restless sailors tried to keep themselves busy. Leland and August met us at the top of the gangplank, concern clouding their faces. Leland reached forward like he wanted to pull me aboard and inspect that I still had all my fingers and toes.

"We're fine." I said, catching his eye with a look that 'Touch me and you'll lose a finger.' "They'll be here in about 10 minutes and then we'll set sail." I said as Grey and Arius came up behind them.

August just stared at Kingsley with a star struck expression. He had no clue what was going on around him. Evander sat sulking by the door to the lower decks. I guess he hadn't gotten over being left behind.

I turned to Grey to discuss our route back to Kavan. I heard Méabh and Blakely-Rose's footfalls come up the gangplank. I felt Grey catch his breath beside me as we looked at the oncoming passengers. Blakely-Rose had caught his gaze. He immediately looked at the deck of the ship like it was the most interesting thing in the world. Fire ignited in both their eyes for that brief second.

It didn't surprise me. Everyone was staring at her. She was striking. Blakely-Rose had a rare condition that left her body unable to create pigment. She had skin so pale she made Kingsley look like she had a suntan, and eyes in such a light shade of blue they were almost white. Even her shoulder-length hair was completely white, even lighter than her skin. Her straight bangs sitting across her forehead made her appear otherworldly.

"This is Méabh." I said gesturing to my short, leather-clad friend, "and this," I continued winking at Grey "is Blakely-Rose." Their eyes met again and you could feel the electricity in the air. Blakely-Rose looked away and wrapped her hands around Méabh's arm and Grey took a step behind me. I turned to the nervous kid behind me and whispered "She's your age." with a very pronounced wink. The rest of the group chuckled and Blakely-Rose flushed deep red.

Evander had looked over at the commotion of our new passengers arriving. His eyes were as wide as dinner plates, but it wasn't because of Blakely-Rose's unusual appearance. He was looking straight past her at Méabh. He rose to his feet and started toward us as if he was being pulled on a string. Méabh noticed the movement and I snorted as her jaw dropped at his approach. If only she knew.

Evander's eyes slowly shrunk back to normal size as he grew closer. When he reached us, he looked down at her in bewilderment.

"This is your great viking warrior!" he scoffed in disbelief. "Where's the rest of her?" I saw Kingsley draw her breath through her teeth.

There's a reason I had waited to set him straight. I didn't want to deprive Méabh of the pleasure.

She sauntered toward him until they stood only inches apart. He had to look straight down to see her face and she had to look straight up at him. Evander drew in a sharp breath and stiffened as Méabh began walking her fingers up his chest and drawing even closer.

Suddenly Evander's eyes widened again and he doubled over in agony. Méabh had taken advantage of his distraction by her height and had landed her knee firmly in his crotch.

"You know, I thought you were hot until you opened your mouth." She leaned down and said in his ear. "Just a word of advice. NEVER underestimate the strength of an undersized woman. They're always hiding their strength, and that makes them even stronger enemies." She patted him on the back and turned on her heel to look back at the dock. There stood Drystan, applauding and trying to contain his laughter.

"You'd do well to listen to my sister's advice." he called up to the man who had sunk to his knees. "She's usually right."

Méabh jogged back down the gangplank and hugged her brother. He enveloped her so thoroughly her small form was almost lost in his bigger frame. "You be safe out there." he said softly into her hair.

"You bring my little sister back to me." he called to me with a catch in his voice as she made her way back up the gangplank. I nodded.

August snapped out of his trance long enough to pull the gangplank in.

I turned to Grey.

"Time to set sail Captain." I said. He snapped out a quick salute and dashed off toward the helm, Blakely-Rose's gaze following his retreating form.

×××××××××××××

Author Note!

I broke my computer...so all of these chapters will be typed from my phone so sorry if there's typos ...

Yes I made Blakey-Rose albino.

I think albino people are gorgeous and they are rare and i feel like they don't get talked about much. My book is supposed to be different from the average and to me that means more than just odd names. You feel me?

Thoughts >

Feelings >

Concerns >

Predictions >

Random >

How is your day today? Was it bad? Good? In between?

QOTD: What makes you uncomfortable that shouldn't?

for me it's doing LITERALLY ANYTHING IN SCHOOL!

I FEEL LIKE EVERYONE IS WATCHING ME! I CANT BREATH OR BURP WITH DYING INSIDE SLOWLY!

1. taking off my hoodie

2. walking infront of a group of people

3. asking to use the bathroom

4. eating food in class

5. crossing the road

6. BIKING ACROSS the road *shivers*

7. swimming with other human beans

8. dancing/ singing infront of others

9. sitting down in chairs w/out a back

10. EyE cOnTaCt

should i continue..........?

okay i will

11. burping in class (which is worse when class is silent)

12. sitting in the squeaky chair and it sounding like a fart

13. presentations *barfs from anxiety*

14. talking w/ strangers

15. sitting next to strangers.

16. ......strangers

17. that moment when the teacher or teacher assistant walks behind you while you doing your work and your just awkwardly waiting for them to start breathing on you or grab the back of your neck but they end up walk past.

18. when the teacher calls on you to answer the question and  you get the question wrong..

19. when you don't understand a joke and everyone starts laughing so now you think they are laughing at you because the joke was actually making fun of you. (which it wasn't)

20......Gym class......................................enough words said.

21. my windows at night. I always think there is a peeping tom outside.

Love you all thank you for reading! Xoxox 💋💋

- Mickey ✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

858K 32.7K 67
"Nobody is allowed between these pretty little thighs but me....and if anyone tries...𝐈'π₯π₯ 𝐀𝐒π₯π₯ 𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐦." ~ The leader of the most notorious...
363K 9.2K 62
#1 in sword fighting #3 in darkforest #7 in weapons #12 in gory #25 in mysterious (THIS BOOK HAS MANY GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, it's slowly being edited...
2.5K 164 50
"Can I ask you a question?" She stares into my eyes, "What?" "If you had a chance to get revenge, or even justice, for something or someone that mat...
446K 8.4K 54
Raven Rodriguez has grown up a normal life with the future of the mafia looming over her back. A new guy moves to her school and seems to make it hi...