strings & bulletsโ”ƒhajeongwoo...

By canecodes

two young men stood in the dimly lit basement, weapons drawn, pointing at each other. their hearts were racin... More

introduction
a/n
ใ€š ch: one ใ€›
ใ€š ch: two ใ€›
ใ€š ch: three ใ€›
ใ€š ch: four ใ€›
ใ€š ch: five ใ€›
ใ€š ch: six ใ€›
ใ€š ch: seven ใ€›
ใ€š ch: eight ใ€›
ใ€š ch: nine ใ€›
ใ€š ch: ten ใ€›
ใ€š ch: eleven ใ€›
ใ€š ch: twelve ใ€›
ใ€š ch: thirteen ใ€›
ใ€š ch: fourteen ใ€›
ใ€š ch: fifteen ใ€›
ใ€š ch: sixteen ใ€›
ใ€š ch: seventeen ใ€›
ใ€š ch: eighteen ใ€›
ใ€š ch: nineteen ใ€›
ใ€š ch: twenty ใ€›
ใ€š ch: twenty-one ใ€›
ใ€š ch: twenty-two ใ€›
ใ€š ch: twenty-four ใ€›
ใ€š ch: twenty-five ใ€›
ใ€š ch: twenty-six ใ€›
ใ€š ch: twenty-seven ใ€›
ใ€š ch: twenty-eight ใ€›
ใ€š ch: twenty-nine ใ€›
ใ€š ch: thirty ใ€›
ใ€š ch: thirty-one ใ€›
author's note !

ใ€š ch: twenty-three ใ€›

407 41 8
By canecodes

jeongwoo and jio was sprawled on the sofa as they watched some movie with haruto quietly eating snacks and some cola. they spent the whole morning cleaning the house, and after eating lunch, the three of them slept together in the living room. they just woke up and decided to watch some movie to kill some time.

"papa, it's boring"

"yeah" haruto and jeongwoo lazily said.

haruto looked up to jeongwoo as both laughed when they realized that they said it in unison. haruto went back to watching the movie while jeongwoo went to the kitchen to get some refill for the snacks. he hummed a song as he went back to the living room but stopped when he felt his phone vibrating inside his pocket. his brows furrowed when he saw that it was an unregistered number, he walked to the table and placed the bowl filled with snacks and answered the call.

"hello?" haruto lifted his head when he heard jeongwoo

"is this officer park?" a deep voice filled his ear as the man spoke from the other line. it was very unfamiliar and he doesn't have a clue who is it

jeongwoo clicked his tongue and decided to climb upstairs leaving haruto wondering who the officer's talking to "yes, who is this?"

the man chuckled, "i'm haru yoshida."

jeongwoo stepped outside of the car, his eyes wandered around the place. the house was located in leone village, an exclusive one and obviously for elites. it was a modern tudor style mansion with a steeply pitched, multi-gabled roofs and decorative half-timber framing.

haru yoshida must be rich.

suddenly, the door opened revealing a man dressed in all black. black slim wool coat, turtleneck sleeve, and pants paired with a black leather chelsea boots. his hands tucked inside his pocket as he stared at the officer.

"officer park," he trailed off, now walking towards jeongwoo. the man stopped in front of him and reached out his hand, "it's nice meeting you, thank you for hearing my sudden request." he smiled.

"nice to meet you too mr.yoshida, don't worry. i was told to cooperate with you on this mission" he said in a formal tone as he gripped the man's hand and also smiled.

the man chuckled as they pulled away from the handshake, "just call me haruka"

jeongwoo nodded but suddenly thought of haruto, they almost have the same name.

he smiled, "just jeongwoo" and both of them walked inside the house.

jeongwoo was amazed as he passed by a large, central entrance where lies just past two massive lion statues. it boasts marbled floors and jeweled chandeliers, which lead into the sprawling wide interior. adjacent the foyer lies a ballroom where surely, prim and proper ball gown-adorned guests can dance upon the parquet wood floors. antique light fixtures and ornate paintings hang from the walls. on one side sits a classic steinway piano and to the other, a 1938 porter music box.

"a fly might go inside your mouth jeongwoo, careful" haruka jokingly said as he made his way to the grand marble staircase

jeongwoo immediately as he closed his mouth and followed the man. haruka must've seen him staring at the whole place in awe with his mouth open.

he chuckled, "this place is too fancy for a fly to roam around, i doubt there's even one"

haruka on the other hand, just laughed at the officer's remark and shook his head in amusement. it was the first time he actually had a nice conversation with someone his age, they're always scared of him.

as they reached the top of the stairs, haruka looked back at the officer with a smile as he motioned to the side. jeongwoo nodded and walked beside the man.

"you were very different from the picture" jeongwoo told him

haruka glanced at the officer with his brows furrowed, "what picture?"

"the one where you had a cut on your lips and brows, plus your hair was a complete mess. i wondered if you were talking a mug shot and was ready to sleep in a cell"

jeongwoo pursed his lips while the man laughed at his remark

"ah, that one? that was when my father beat the hell out of me because i said no to one of his orders." haruka looked down with a faint smile as he told the officer.

and jeongwoo felt the need to apologise, he felt sad for the man. just because he said no he was beaten up, why is hiro so cruel? damn that man.

"so- "

"nah, you don't have to. i'm cool with it jeongwoo, it's fine" haruka told him and beamed a smile.

the two stopped in front of two big black doors with a lion symbol engraved on the solid gold door handles. haruka opened the door and made his way to the table, the officer followed and stood in front of haruka's table as his eyes wandered around the room.

haruka sat on his chair, a black royalty chair with gold linings and buttons. his frame leaning on the left side of the chair, his legs crossed, his left hand against his chin as his right arm was placed on the armchair.

"please take a seat, officer" his tone hard unlike earlier as he motioned jeongwoo to sit on the chair in front of his table.

he chuckled deeply, "we have a lot to talk about."

"should we call papa?" haruto asked the baby for the nth time as they sat outside the house waiting for jeongwoo.

the baby sighed as he stood up and made his way to haruto, he sat on his haruto's lap and stared at him with his boba eyes looking so innocent.

"you, you asked me that earlier daddy. i said yes, right?" he told him with his please-stop-asking-me-the-same-question voice.

haruto laughed as he ruffled jio's hair and pulled him closer. the officer left the house at five in the evening and it's already eight, he's just worried for him. also, he couldn't bring himself to call because he might disturb whatever business the officer is doing right now.

"let's go eat jio, you're probably hungry." he whispered to the baby and carried him in his arms as he made his way inside the house.

the baby stared at him, "what about papa?" he asked.

"don't worry, we'll leave some food for papa. you need to eat now so you'll grow taller like daddy" he showered him with light kisses that made the baby giggle and nod his head in agreement.

haruto stared at the clock, it's already ten in the evening and jeongwoo is not home yet. jio is fast asleep on jeongwoo's room, haruto took care of him after they ate dinner. the baby wanted to stay up to wait for his papa but haruto said no, saying jio needs to sleep because he's still a baby.

he sighed, "where are you woo?"

haruto slumped his body on the sofa, fighting the urge to sleep. his eyes failed him as it slowly closed, pulling him into oblivion.

"haruto."

jeongwoo's hard voice startled haruto awake, he jolted up from the sofa and squinted his eyes. the officer was standing in front of him with a cold gaze

what's wrong? haruto's brows furrowed

"you're ho- "

his words was cut off with jeongwoo's stern voice as he turned around and made his way to the stairs, "go sleep inside your room."

haruto cleared his throat and stood up, following jeongwoo to the stairs.

"did you eat? we left some foo- " he tried to ask as he hurriedly catched up with him but was once again cut off with the officer's words.

"yes."

he stopped in his tracks, staring at the officer's back with anxious eyes. something's definitely off, why is the officer acting like that?

"jeongwoo.." he called him softly and went to the officer's side, "what's wrong?"

the officer stared at him, "do you have secrets you want to tell?"

silence.

a lump formed in his throat, his heart beating rapidly inside his chest as the officer's question replayed in his mind. the air was tight, he feels suffocated and small under jeongwoo's hard stare. his eyes piercing through his soul, it held emotions. anger, confusion, dismay. he doesn't know what to do, he don't want to answer the question.

"i don't have any secrets." he managaed to answer without his voice shaking.

jeongwoo cocked an eyebrow and smiled, but he knew it wasn't genuine.

"oh? then sleep tight haruto."

haruto nodded and let jeongwoo leave, he heard the door closed with a loud shut. he shook his head and gripped his chest as he huffed a heavy sigh, he knew it was a mistake to lie. but he's afraid with all the what ifs in his mind, he will lose him.

i'm sorry woo, i'll tell you everything soon. i promise..

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

i just wanna ask, is it too early for jeongwoo to know?

cc.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 52.1K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
101K 3.2K 77
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...
1.1M 61.8K 38
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...