Letters to Inmate 29901

By misslibbyj

[This story is now FREE!] Lillie's letters are Dimitri's lifeline in prison, but when he gets out and his vio... More

Chapter 1 - Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Life After Lockup! Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
In Love with a Criminal! Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92 - Epilogue
Author's Note!

Chapter 74

16.9K 637 379
By misslibbyj

CHAPTER 74

Lillie

The silk felt like butter against my skin. I moved my hand from the sweetheart neckline to the midsection of the sleek dress. It flowed out effortlessly every time I twirled in my 3 inch rose gold heels.

The bridesmaid dress was unrecognizable, with a shade of deep green that complimented my skin tone, all traces of that hideous lime gone. The dress maker made alterations that made me feel and look like an absolute goddess.

I touched up my nude inspired makeup in the long length mirror in the bridal room and placed some baby breath flowers in my pinned-up hair, providing my look with a garden effect.

The bridal room was small and vintage looking, that looked like a tiny cottage from a children's storybook. I looked out at the wedding gardens through the tiny window, and I could see the wedding guests trickling in.

"Don't worry, Lil." Sassi said, winking at me. "You'll see Arthur again."

I sighed, not knowing if that was a good or bad idea.

Aunt Louis was putting on the finishing touches on mom's wedding dress. She looked breath taking all in lace as she played anxiously with her fingernails. I walked up to her, calming my mom's jittery nerves, not that I was the best person to give matrimonial advice. Gosh, I'll probably be just as nervous, and it's my mom's second time down the aisle.

We all walked out of the tiny cottage. The big moment had arrived. My mom and I walked hand in hand with Sassi and Aunt Louis behind in tow. We both held our small delicate bouquets, filled with orchards, lavender, and calla lilies.

The sun warmed my skin, and the refreshing breeze swayed through my dress. We walked on a tiny wooden bridge to the small garden filled with about fifty guests seated on white chairs. My mom wanted the wedding to be intimate and small.

Sassi and Aunt Louis went ahead and took their seats quickly, not before slipping my mom a quick two thumbs up. It was my turn to walk down the aisle. All eyes turned to me. I looked through the small crowd of guests all dressed elegantly, and Arthur, dressed in a dapper navy blue suit, sat in the far corner, catching my eye. I smiled shyly when he noticed me glancing at him.

I walked to the front, where Patrick was waiting with the minister. I took my wooden violin, tuned it, and started to play. The guests stood up simultaneously, a signal that my mom was about to enter.

All heads turned to my mother. She radiated classic beauty, her laced trailed behind her. She softly smiled, tearing up as she glanced at me, and then turned her gaze to Patrick. I almost lost it, breaking down on the spot. I've only ever seen my mother with my dad. After we lost him, I didn't think I would see her this happy again. She was practically beaming when she saw her future husband, who had glistening eyes.

I ended the violin on a pleasant and tender note and took a seat in the front row.

The ceremony was short and sweet, with touching moments in between. Sassi passed me a tissue as tears blinked out. Gosh, this week had been too emotional for my liking. But mom looked happy. Patrick made her happy, and that was all that mattered. So, I was delighted for her.

"I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Towner." The minister called out. "You may now kiss the bride."

My mom and Patrick embraced in a sweet kiss as the guests applauded.

After the ceremony, everyone gathered in the garden drinking refreshments and eating hors d'oeuvres. It made me think about my own wedding one day, if that ever had to happen. Where would it be? When would it happen? And most important of all, who would I marry?

Dimitri instantly flashed through my mind. And my body unwillingly tingled. The letter emerged once again in my memory that I tried to suppress. But failed miserably.

I sighed.

His words affected me, and I couldn't bring myself to answer his question. Did I want to go down the same path with him again? Did I want to risk it? His hidden so many facts from me, he's background that I didn't know about for one. He probably lied about so many other things; how could I trust him again? My heart ached at the thought. I held the wedding punch glass in my hand, my mind miles away from me.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

Arthur's voice snapped me back to reality.

"Arthur... sorry I didn't see you." I said, my rosy cheeks flustered.

Arthur chuckled. "The ceremony was beautiful, and so was your mother. I just congratulated the happy couple."

"Yes, their wedding was special." I said, still feeling raw with emotion.

I wasn't sure if Arthur caught that. He seemed more attentive to me. "Why don't we make our way to the reception?" he said, and grasped my hand gently, leading the way.

Maybe this was the much-needed distraction I needed, to trust and be safe with somebody that would treat my heart carefully, away from Dimitri. But I still couldn't shake his letter away from my mind.

We headed towards the reception that was held under a white canopy. It had a charming atmosphere. Soft music trailed out into the starlit night sky. It was mesmerizing, a scene from a romantic novel. We walked into the open plan area. Fairy lights sprinkled across the ceiling, draped with green shaded material. It looked whimsical.

Arthur left me and took a seat at his designated table. He sat with a couple of young people similar to his age. I was happy about that, so he could feel more comfortable. I walked to my table. Sassi and Trevor were already seated with a few other people I didn't know that well, they were probably from Patrick's side of the family. I took my seat next to Sassi.

The table décor was minimalistic, but elegant. The candles scattered in the center of the table gave a touch of elegance as peonies and orchard flowers surrounded the area, ushering a fragrant aroma. I raised my eyebrows impressed, my mother had style. I'll give her that.

They did speeches first. I opted not to say a speech. I always hated public speaking, but I was thankful my mom didn't push the issue. The pleasantries were quick and in no time, people were headed to the buffet. I peeked at it earlier, and it was an array of delicious food that wafted through the air. Hell, there was even a grill with barbequed beef.

I stayed back in my seat as Sassi and her boyfriend rushed into the queue. I shook my head and giggled, those two were cute. I watched Arthur chatting to a woman, who hanged on each word he was saying. I smiled; in my opinion, he was the best-looking man up here.

The atmosphere spiked up after dinner, as people had drinks and got to the dancefloor. Champagne flowed freely with waiters, passing flutes around to welcoming guests. I tapped my foot lightly to the beat the talented DJ was producing as I watched the cheerful crowd from the table.

Sassi and Trevor couldn't keep their hands off each other as they swayed to the music, Sassi playfully slapped away Trevor's eager hands on her ass. I caught Arthur dancing with the same woman he had been speaking to earlier. She danced close and moved around him, bumping her hips against his with every beat.

I rolled my eyes.

I looked out for my mom. She was in a dancing twirl with Patrick, smiling and laughing uncontrollably. It made me smile inside. At least one of us found happiness.

But I was determined to make the most out of the wedding reception. I turned around in my seat and downed my champagne; it was the third flute for the night. All this love in the air suddenly made me dizzy.

"Shall I have this dance?" the smooth voice of Arthur called out.

I looked up and saw a smirking Arthur, extending his hand towards me. He had taken off his suit jacket, revealing his crisp white shirt tucked in his navy trousers.

"Oh, I thought you might be taken," I answered playfully.

"Yes, well... there are other women that needs to be spoken for." Arthur said.

I giggled and took his hand. He led me to the dancefloor. Sassi noticed and winked at me, then started to kiss Trevor.

To my surprise or delight, the dance song faded and a slow song tuned in. Arthur placed his firm hand on the small of my back and held my hand in his other. He pulled me in close to his body. I lowered my eyes, feeling slightly shy at the close contact.

"Did I tell you, you look beautiful tonight?" he asked.

I smiled shyly and shook my head. "No, you didn't, but thank you."

The rest of the song we slow danced, our bodies against each other.

"What are you doing after this?" Arthur said softly.

"Heading back to the guest house." I replied.

The music stopped, and Arthur looked at me. "Do you mind if I take you back to the house?"

I nodded.

The rest of the evening Arthur and I spent together, talking and laughing and drinking the last of the champagne as people trickled out, leaving the reception empty. My mom and her new husband were the last people behind. Sassi and Trevor already left for the guest house some time ago.

"Take care hun." My mom said as we embraced in a warm hug. My mom was tired, but glowing. The honeymoon cruise is just the new start to her life.

"And remember what I said about New Jersey." She reminded me.

I nodded.

Arthur and I climbed into his car and drove away from the garden wedding. My heart still tender from saying goodbye to my mother.

We approached the guest house. I climbed out of the car and so did Arthur. He insisted on walking me to the door. I hoped he didn't expect me to invite him upstairs. My head and heart were all over the show, and I didn't want to confuse myself even further. With Dimitri still lingering in my mind, causing absolute chaos.

I stood in front of the door and turned around to say good night to Arthur. But was met with lips against mine. I resisted at first, but slowly sank into the comforting feeling, closing my eyes. The kiss was warm and tender as Arthur's tongue danced against mine.

My eyes fluttered closed.

Firm arms moved around my waist, gripping me tight. I held onto them. It was sweet and dominating, as if wanting more. The kiss was lustful as pleasure rippled through me. I whimpered and fell into it while everything else faded around me. My mind swirled in a dreamlike state as an image formed hazily in my mind.

This kiss was everything.

"Oh Dimitri..." I moaned out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

560K 18K 42
It's been two years and Hex has served his time but with the restrictions of parole and his mothers illness weighing heavy on his shoulders will he b...
55.9K 1.2K 27
𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗮 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘂𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹, 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗶𝗻 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗼�...
801K 46.5K 32
When her ex-friend-turned-boyfriend reappears in her life, Anna must put her hurt and resentment aside to help him survive his withdrawal before he r...
372K 19K 22
Desiree is nothing but a regular female. It's her final year in high school and she couldn't be more excited about that fact. She then gets the idea...