LET ME LOVE YOU

By Fateemawahbi

"I know all these cheap tricks you miscreants pull in the name of your disgusting jealousy. I wonder which mo... More

Copyright, Cast and Author's note.
chapter 1 - #oncloudAA
Chapter 2 - babban yaya
Chapter 3 - henna party
Chapter 5 - the bomb
Chapter 6 - hell hole
Chapter 7 - surprise visit
chapter 8 - an air of despair
Chapter 9 - Hajiya's Good Books
Chapter 10 - legends league
Chapter 11 - Wednesday
Chapter 12 - responsibility
Chapter 13 - Bride
Chapter 14 - two thorns in the flesh
Chapter 15 - gossipers and clowns
Chapter 16 - no be juju be that?
Chapter 17 - The second madam
Chapter 18 - Good riddance to bad rubbish
Chapter 19 - the (not so) calm before the storm
Chapter 20 - rocks, hard places and the ultimate search.
Chapter 21 - the 'storrinami'
Chapter 22 - the rekindle
Chapter 23 - speculations and taking actions
Chapter 24 - missing piece of the puzzle
Chapter 25 - apologies and volcanic eruptions
Chapter 26 - closing the cycle
Chapter 27 - matchmakers
Chapter 28 - Guardian angel
Chapter 29 - 12th November
Chapter 30 - couple goals
Chapter 31 - paradise
Chapter 32 - city of love
Chapter 33 - trouble in paradise.
Chapter 34 - a pity
Chapter 35 - better late than never
Chapter 36 - lost in his eyes
Chapter 37 - Euphoria
Chapter 38 - Hurricane Aya
Chapter 39 - trouble around the corner
Chapter 40 - pet peeves and emotions
Chapter 41 - cruella deville
Chapter 42 - bombshell
Chapter 43 - sobfests and secrets
Chapter 44 - The return
Chapter 45 - broken in pieces
Chapter 46 - the knight in a shining....sweatpants
Chapter 47 - Extreme lenghts
Chapter 48 - ambivalence
Chapter 49 - illusion
Chapter 50 - new beginnings
Chapter 51 - no regrets
Chapter 52 - The 'Talk'

Chapter 4 - prissy missy

1.8K 334 50
By Fateemawahbi

JABI LAKE MALL, ABUJA.

The day I'll stop loosing my senses over stepping foot in a jewelry store is the day Nigeria will be better than Dubai in everything.

Hudayya has sent my kamu and budan kai dresses, which were supposed to come together with the boubou I wore for my sa lalle. The thing is, we placed the orders a bit late, so the first one she had done was just sent to avoid wasting more time, while the others arrived a day later. Anyways, my legs carried me to pandora to get some accessories to pair with the dresses. Jewelry is one thing I don't play with. I'm quite picky when it comes to that, nobody really understands my choices apart from me and baby am, so everyone just backed off and decided to let me buy it since the chances of me liking their choice is around 1 out of 100.

I planned to go to Elegante but I decided not to because I was afraid I might find Abdulhafeez there since it's his store, and if I do, he will definitely get me thrown out like a bag of trash ya tara mun jama'a and I'm really not interested in making the news so early in the morning.

The Kamu is later in the evening by the way, I'm sure you can imagine how excited I am, I should be getting jitters and panic attacks or whatever but I actually just find the whole thing funny. Wai I'm the one who's going to be in charge of taking care of a whole household, Little me that still sprints to her bed after switching the lights off so the monsters don't get to me, then there's the issue of motherhood, I do not know how on earth I'm supposed to be a good mom, you're telling me if my kids suggest that we get ice cream for dinner and pick up a cute little dog or maybe even a pregnant squirrel on our way back home, I'm supposed to say no and act like that's not a awesome idea? Lmao gaskiya I'm not fake.

Both Majeed and I are childish human beings trapped in adults body, he's even worse than I am so one thing I know for sure is that our house will be nothing but chaotic in the most amazing way.

"You sure you don't want anything Yas?" I Asked Yasmin as we slowly strolled through the store, looking for the perfect earrings and bracelet to pair with my sage green saki.

"Not a fan of pandora" she replied "but I'll surely love a ring from Eleganté"

"I'm not going to Eleganté"

"Why not?"

"Because I don't going to jail on the day of my kamu"

She furrowed her eyebrows "What?"

"Nothing" I shrugged it off "yawwa! There's something I want to talk to you about," I started.

"Ina Jin ki; I'm all ears"

I sighed "it's about Amal,"

The kind hiss she hissed ehh, I don't think I've ever heard anything like it "I should've known. You want to defend your sweet sweet friend and blame me for everything! Nothing new there, just go ahead"

When she says things like this, it makes my blood boil faster than water does in an electric kettle. Yasmin is so difficult to deal with, I honestly don't even know how I'm able to stand her with this my heart that gets fired up so easily and gets me acting like Diego costa or something.

"Why are you so irrational wai? You didn't even hear what I had to say, you just dived into conclusion because this one pass jumping" I snapped.

"I don't need to hear anything because I've done that more than enough, and it makes me sick, Okay? It makes me sick to my guts that you Always try to defend and stand up for her against me!" She whispered yelled, harshly "look, I understand, I understand that you don't care about me, I understand that you don't value our friendship as much as I do. I was with you first, but the moment she came along, you just jumped out of my own car and got into hers. I get it, there's no need to rub it in my face"

Wow!

I laughed, bitterly as I grabbed her arm to stop her from leaving, forcing her to listen and look at me "I don't care about you? Really Yasmin? I was with you through everything, I was there to help motivate you, I was there to push you, I was there to support you. I was there to make you laugh whenever you were sad, when no one cared. I was there when others ignored you, I was there when you felt left out, even when you made new friends and started backing off, I still came around, I was with you through your first heartbreak, I even cried more than you did, I was always there for you, even if you didn't need me, and I still am"

"But what did I get in return for all that? those terrible words you said! How could you even question my love and loyalty towards you? I thought our relationship was stronger than that but clearly, it is all in my head" I slammed, looking straight into her eyes "I'm not the kind of person that will just support you even when you're wrong simply because we're best friends, wether you like it or not, I must tell you the truth, be mad and look at it however the hell you wish to, I don't care, gaskiya ce dai sai na fada; I must say the truth because you mean that much to me, So when you're done misjudging me, you can come back" and with that, I love Walked away to the furthest end of the store to continue my earrings hunt.

This back and forth thing with Yasmin and Amal has become very tiring. You'd think I'm some kindergarten teacher trying to keep two 4 years olds from hitting each other with their pencils, except in this case, I'm more of a mother being forced to choose one out of her two kids, which we all know is more than impossible.

In all honesty, Yasmin has to be the most stubborn person this world has ever seen. Once she sets her mind on something, she won't change it so easily, and those things she sets her mind on are improper most of the time, that's what makes us polar opposites because I don't entertain such things. Amal on the other hand is blunt, like me, but she's a bit nicer with her own bluntness while I'm more understanding. The point is, Yasmin hates it when someone tells her the truth, but unfortunately for her, Allah has brought her into the lives of people like me that can't see something wrong and shut up. Had I not been fierce, my relationship with her would be worse than the one she has with Amal, I just know it.

"Here," I heard her voice say as her fair hand stretched to pass me some emerald green earrings "it matches the embroidery on the saki"

I turned to look at her, trying to fight the smile off my face but it won "I'm guessing the misjudgment is over.."

"Don't put it like that" she sighed.

I chuckled "Yas I just want to know why. What happened between you two? Have you known each other in the past or something?"

"I just don't like her personality" she shook her head "she's too loud and assertive"

"I am both of those things too"

"Yeah, even worse than she is, but at least you understand me, unlike her who just jumps into conclusions" she said "If you're asking me to start liking her, gaskiya I'm sorry but I can't and will never do that"

"I'm not asking you to like her, all I want is for the two of you to tolerate and be civil with each other. There's a difference between being adults and being fake in situations like this, I don't want you guys to act like everything is okay in front of me and then start planning another world war between yourselves after I leave" I Said, stretching my hand to grab a simple heart pendant that was glistening to perfection "just please get a grip on yourself because it's getting tiring"

"Na ji!;I've heard!" She said, rolling her eyes a bit, which is a clear evidence that everything I just said fled right through the other ear. God help them sha! Lemme just catch the two of them fighting at any of my upcoming events, that's when I'll join in and show them na su wasa ne!

"You're done Right?" She Asked, to which I nodded "let's get going then"

We walked towards the counter and paid for the pieces of jewelry I had picked, the nice woman packed it up in a white box with their logo written on it and handed it to me, which I giddily took and turned around to leave, not after thanking her of course.

Yasmin's and my next stop was dominos pizza for a takeaway chicken barbecue pizza. Ummah  amina, our family cook made Tuwon alkama and miyan kubewa for lunch (wheat swallow and okra soup), I do love swallow but that particular one is just off the list, I hate the way it tastes. So I decided to get some food since I'm out.

Just as we took our 7th step away from pandora, a lady bumped into me, but instead of me falling, the gold chain she carelessly held in her hands did. Making her stop abruptly as she stared at her necklace and back at me.

"Pick That up right now and apologize" she ordered with a thick American accent, which just made me laugh as I stared at her in disbelief.

She was dressed in really tight skinny jeans, a red tank top, a black Gucci coat and Prada monolith combat boots. The artificial waist length hair she had fixed was rolled down her back with just a turban covering the top part. Makeup so heavy with bright red lipstick to compliment her fair skin and She reeked of Tom Ford perfume. She was gorgeous though, I'll give her that, full pink lips, almond shaped eyes, Eurocentric nose, she did have it all, I just wish she would realize that and get her makeup artist arrested because....help me spell DISASTER!

"Lemme Get this straight, You want me to pick your chain off the floor, give it to you, and then apologize?" I Asked,

"I'm sure I did not stutter" She sassed.

"Of course, I'd love to" I flashed her a wide smile as I placed my gaze on the necklace.

You go see stutter!

Without a second thought, I did what I initially had in mind, I picked the necklace up like she ordered, but instead of giving it back to her, I turned to my right and threw it as far away as possible, then I turned around and smirked at the horrendous expression on her face.

"How dare you?" She screeched "do you know who you just messed with?"

"Sannu yargote!" I eyed her "madam, If you really were somebody, you wouldn't have asked that question, so just shut your trap!"

"Aya!" Yasmin whispered yelled, looking pretty intimidated.

"Dallah sake ni!; let go off me!" I snapped, snatching my arm out of her hold and turned my attention back to the prissy missy in front of me.

"Who the f*ck is your father in this country?" She spat through gritted teeth.

"I don't brag with my father's status, I brag with my own status, just like MTN, I am everywhere you go, making the news and getting accolades to my name on my own without anybody's help, But I guess you won't get that because your dumb ass depends on daddy even for something as small as a pencil" I shot back "you really should thank God that I'm in a good mood today, else I would've shoved the chain down your throat and forced you to swallow it along with your disgusting ego. Low life idiot!" With that, I pushed her to the side and walked away while dragging Yasmin, who looked completely flustered.

Like I once said, I can tolerate anything but disrespect, especially from a dumb girl who doesn't look a day older than me. Nonsense has no place in my court, if you throw it at me, I throw it back 10 times harder, and when I do so, just rest assured that someone must get hurt. No I'm not razz, no I'm not ratchet, I just don't let people walk over me in the name of making a good impression.

"Aya! Do you know what the hell you just did?!" Yasmin was very disturbed, and honestly I found it funny.

"Why are you acting like I slapped an army official?" I chuckled.

"Slapping an army official is much better than this!" She said, making me furrow my eyebrows "do you know who she is?"

I shook my head "obviously, no, and I don't care"

"Well you should," she replied "because you've probably just awakened the beast that is Layla Barde"

*^*^*^*^*^*

"Give me a smile Amarya"

And I did, just like the photographer requested, but it was fake though Because I was fuming. At that point I just wanted to rip my hair out of my scalp, just so I could feel a little bit better.

After my encounter with 'prissy missy' at the mall, my mood was partially ruined, then after coming back home, Majeed ruined the rest over unnecessary stuff. Apparently he had been calling me, but I didn't see it because I left the phone at home to charge, so when I came back and saw the many amount of missed calls he left, I called back as soon as possible, but he didn't wait for me to explain, he just started yelling about how I'm taking advantage of his love to treat him as I please. He didn't think about the reason why I didn't pick, I could've had a broken arm, or been at a hospital, or maybe even dead, all he cares about is his supposed 'love' and how I'm taking it for granted. Wai shi Romeo.

Anyways, we were at our Kamu event, I had such high expectations of enjoying my life at this event, but he ruined everything, I hate that I love him so much, it makes me even angrier because I just want to hate him but I can't, I can only be angry.

"What's with the fake smile? You look ridiculous" he said in a low tone, only for me to hear as our pictures were being taken.

"Stop talking to me!" I demanded.

"Fine! It's not like I want to anyway" he rolled his eyes. And that's how our photoshoot went, with fake smiles on our faces and me pinching his arm when he talks to me.

After the pictures, the DJ played some music, indicating that it was dance time. I decided to ignore him and went to dance with the girls, who surrounded and put me in their midst as we danced away to way too big by burna boy. Yes, that's how you dance your anger away.

"Adda?" I heard Zarah say after tapping my arm multiple times.

"Na'am baby?"  I replied.

"Ina Hamma Majeed? Where's hamma Majeed, I didn't take any pictures with him"

"He should be dancing with the guys somewhere mana"

"I can't find him anywhere in this place, could he have left?"

"there's no way he could've left his own kamu! Maybe he just went to find a restroom or something, he'll be back soon" I Said to which she nodded "Tell Yasmin to leave that food and come here, everyone is dancing except her"

"Yasmin left already"

My facial expression immediately got disoriented "What?"

"Yes! I asked her where she was going and She told me that you asked her to go get something from home, she didn't say what though"

Wow!

WOW!

just WOW!

"Adda? You okay?" She Asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I gave her a small smile "I'm fine. Excuse me for a sec" she nodded in approval before I walked away and took a seat on the huge bed like couch that was set up for Majeed and I.

I really thought I had seen the worst of that day, but this just beats everything, I should be fuming to the max, I know, but the two questions taking laps in my head replaced that feeling with anxiousness and confusion.

Where could Majeed be? And why did Yasmin lie to Zarah so she could leave?

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Amarya has 2 questions for all of us 😩

Heyyo beautiful people! How's it going? For me, alhamdulillah, even though azumi is dealing with me today and it's barely 10 am 🔥

What do you guys think about this chapter? Did you like it? What do you think happens next?

Let's chat in the comments 💋

I'd like to say a massive thank you to nanasuleiman021 😍😍😍 my first vote and commenter 💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋 i love love you 😘

Don't forget to tap the little orange star and tell your friends about LMLY 😃 thanks for reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 467 27
"Habiba?" He stares at her dark orbs searching for the familiarity in them. "It's Hanan!" "Lies." He mutters taking a step closer, he reaches for he...
1.8K 166 29
"Noor Ayn," Hassan began, his gaze intense as he looked at me with a soft expression, "Have you ever wondered why I called you that? It's not a mere...
3.4K 239 34
He dropped the tumbler on the tray before he turned to give me his full attention "Arwa,I don't want you to be with me because that was what saad wan...
15.4K 2.1K 39
Follow the story of Laura who is about to be forced into marriage to a criminal by her father after the death of her mentally ill mother With the hel...