Letters to Inmate 29901

By misslibbyj

[This story is now FREE!] Lillie's letters are Dimitri's lifeline in prison, but when he gets out and his vio... More

Chapter 1 - Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Life After Lockup! Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 57
In Love with a Criminal! Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92 - Epilogue
Author's Note!

Chapter 56

20.1K 832 32
By misslibbyj

CHAPTER 56

Lillie

It was a bright Saturday morning. The shower was refreshing; I got dressed and threw on a baggy jeans and shirt. I woke up despondent today but shook the feeling away.

Dimitri came home late last night, as expected. He said he was working at the garage, but as soon as he returned, he didn't come upstairs to me. I guessed he slept in the living room like before. It confused me. I enjoyed sleeping next to him. I liked the snuggles against his warm body, engulfing me in his scent.

I hadn't seen Dimitri since yesterday morning and hoped everything was okay. I walked down to the living room to check on him, but he wasn't there. The sleeper couch was folded up, and he neatly packed the bedding to the side. I frowned. I turned towards the kitchen and bumped into a wet, solid chest.

"Dimitri..." I said, flushed.

My eyes roamed his chiseled abs, glistening with water. His sculptured body, covered in beautiful tattoos, inked up his muscular arms and chest. My thirsty eyes roamed further down to his mid-section, leading to something enticing that was covered just with a towel. Heat sparked in that familiar place and it reminded me of when I first met Dimitri, how his rugged looks stunned me, just as it did now.

We have come full circle.

I met his intense eyes, his eyebrow raised. I blushed, seemingly caught ogling him.

"You didn't come up last night?" I said shyly, my cheeks still warm.

Dimitri smiled weakly. "I didn't want to disturb you. I came home so late." He said, avoiding my eyes.

"You know you could never disturb me," I said warmly.

He finally looked at me and smiled softly. He planted a gentle kiss on my forehead and embraced me in a tight hug. I hugged him back. He breathed in my freshly shampooed hair and I took in his herbal shower scent.

"I missed you last night," I whispered, my head still against his beating chest.

"I missed you too," he said just as softly.

I wanted to break the hug, but he held me still, like he never wanted to let go. I couldn't shake the feeling like something was wrong.

"Are you okay..." I said as I slowly pulled away.

He gulped and nodded lightly, giving me a tight smile.

We had a quick breakfast in the kitchen. I wanted to visit the market today and was happy and excited that Dimitri agreed to come with me. It gave us an opportunity to have some fun and maybe lighten his mood.

We drove in his old truck. He had been working on it and it sounded and felt much smoother, to my relief. I talked about all the stalls I wanted to see. Dimitri just nodded and smiled, but I could tell he was miles away. I wondered what weighed so heavily on his mind, but I didn't want to ask unnecessary questions.

We arrived at the busy flea market. The park was filled with people exploring various stalls, sitting down for picnics and strolling about. The atmosphere was pleasant and peaceful. The stalls looked colourful, as they lined up, side by side, front and back. The market had everything from arts and crafts to antiques to holiday decorations. I wanted to look at some art pieces and homemade jams.

Dimitri and I walked side by side, either holding hands or our arms interlocking. He looked interested in the toolboxes for a while, but quickly zoned out again. What was with him? If he didn't enjoy himself, he didn't show it much, though. He kissed me many times on the top of my head, providing comfort as we wandered about.

After three hours of strolling and eating sweet treats, we headed home. It was a pleasant day, and I left fulfilled and happy, hoping that this was just the beginning for good things to come.

We arrived home, and I climbed out of the truck. Dimitri fell in behind me. I walked to the front door and fiddled for the house keys inside my bag. I looked up at the door and noticed that it had been cracked open. Cold shivers ghosted my skin and dread crept up.

"Dimitri..." I called out feebly, not understanding what was happening. I continued to stare at the broken lock on the door, scratched marks showing forced entry.

Dimitri walked up to me, his eyes in a deep frown. I pointed at the lock and the door, still partly open. His face fell from confusion to fear to anger.

He rushed inside.

"Dimitri wait! Shouldn't we call the cops?" I shouted after him. But it was too late. He was inside already.

I cautiously stepped in. Everything seemed in place, the passageway, the kitchen. Maybe it was just a couple of juvenile kids fooling around, trying to justify it. As I walked into the living room, I saw Dimitri freeze on the spot, and to my horror, I stared.

I gasped with wide eyes as I looked at my living room, or once was one, it was completely trashed. Like somebody intentionally destroyed it or torn the place up looking for something.

The three-piece green sofa set was turned over. Tears and slashes were visible from it. The table and furniture were tossed and broken. Shards of wood and glass were scattered on the floor. The curtains and paintings were torn and dragged down from the walls. One curtain hung flimsy on its pole. The television rested flat on the ground with a large crack and hole in the screen, as if they hit with a baseball bat.

I covered my mouth with my hand in disbelief at the disturbing scene. Whoever did this, did it on purpose. I couldn't understand from whom? In shock, my eyes teared up at my torn-up living room and tears threatened to spill out.

"Who could have done this?" I whimpered.

Dimitri was dead quiet. He didn't say a word. He walked over to a piece of paper that clung onto the broken TV screen. He read it. Anger flared from him. I could feel it in waves. Dimitri went rigid, his jaw was tight, and his fists clenched. He shut his eyes as if deep in thought or fighting an internal battle. I didn't know which. He scrunched up the note and threw it on the floor.

He looked at me. Rage was present on his face. He saw my tear-stained eyes and something shifted in his own. I couldn't tell... anger, sadness, remorse, guilt. It seemed every emotion rolled into one.

Dimitri instantly took his bags with his clothes packed in. He walked up to me, his face as hard as stone.

"You need to stay at Sassi for the night, for the rest of the weekend at least. I'll call a repair guy now to replace the door." He said in an even tone. His face was expressionless... and cold.

"I'll make this right. I'll pay every cent back to you for this damage." He continued, his voice distant.

He walked briskly past me and headed for the front door. I frowned. I picked up the scrunched-up note on the floor and quickly unraveled it. The words were plain, and I didn't understand what it meant. It read.

You can't win in this Bleeder

I ran after Dimitri, trying to catch up with his large strides.

"Dimitri..." I called out. "What about you? Where are you going?"

He didn't turn back and continued to storm out in a huff. I ran out and grabbed his arm.

"Dimitri!" I shouted. "Stop and look at me!"

He stopped. He looked still ahead to the front door and took a heavy sigh. He turned to look at me. His stormy eyes subsiding for a moment.

"You need someone better... a guy like Arthur." He said, his eyes glistening.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I'm not good for you..." Dimitri said his voice faltering.

I shook my head hard. "Why would you say-"

"I'M NOT A GOOD GUY LILLIE!" he shouted.

I blinked at his words... shrinking back slightly.

Dimitri flinched.

"I never have been a good guy...I'm a criminal and always will be." he said, his voice turned cold again. "You need to stay away from me... it's for your own good."

He opened the broken front door, and I grabbed his arm again, desperate for him to make me understand what was happening.

"Dimitri... please. Tell me what's going on, please?" I begged, tears welling up. "Maybe I can help?"

He turned away from me, a storm brewing once again in his eyes, "You've done enough for me Lillie, more than I deserve," he said heavily. "You won't be threatened again. I promise you that."

Threatened?

He roughly tugged his arm out of my grip and marched to his truck. He jumped in and started the engine, not glancing my way once.

"Dimitri..." I whispered, watching him drive away from the front door.

I stood silently at the sidewalk, my heart crumbling, the tears streaming out of me as I cried.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 815 32
COMPLETE✔️ "I'm wondering how many years you still have to be here. You've already been here quite a while Gather. Such a shame for a pretty girl lik...
835K 14.4K 82
Two best friends are realising that they aren't kids anymore, and they have desires that need to be fulfilled. So who better to experiment with than...
1.7M 50.9K 37
She thought she lost herself in love, but in fact she was found. Copyright © 2016 by moonpilots. All rights reserved. {featured on the official wat...
2K 121 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...