Busted Gulch vol. 15

By storytellers-saloon

BG has grown quite a lot. New characters have joined the plot. What will this new volume hold in store. You h... More

Cast List
Free (MysteriousDryad and crazyp01)
The Way We Were (lyttlejoe)
On the Road (Lady's POV) - MysteriousDryad
An Unfinished Conversation (ARCase, Ruechari)
Horse Sense (Ruechari)
Rage (leandralynx)
Not a Little Girl Anymore (ARCase)
Filling In (Mysterious Dryad)
Fool House (1) - Leandra Lynx
Dinner with Sallie (ARCase & Ruechari)
An Old Friend (crazyp01)
Crazy Moose the Blood "Hound" Horse (3Gun and Myna) - MystresMyna
You're So Vain (Ruechari)
A Meeting of the Minds (Ruechari)
Something's Fishy - Lyttlejoe
Progress, Sort Of... (Mysterious Dryad and Ruechari)
Where Oh, Where is CG? - (Myna) MystresMyna
Maybe, Just Maybe (lyttlejoe)
Taking Care of Business (crazyp01)
Gone Missing (baileygaines, Ruechari)
Never More Than Pretend (ARCase)
Lou's House (baileygaines)
Biting the Bullet (leandralynx)
Having a Bad Day (Ruechari)
A Rescue of Sorts (lyttlejoe & crazyp01)
Informant for Hire - Ruechari
Taking Aim (crazyp01)
Why Do I Get... (ARCase)
Dilemma at Dinner (crazyp01)
A Meal to Remember (lyttlejoe)
The Unexpected (NehpetsEnal)
Raspberry Tart (ARCase)
Tending (ARCase)
The Spring Moon (NehpetsEnal)
Engagement at the Hotel (crazyp01 & lyttlejoe)
All Settled in Busted Gulch - Francisco DoRito - (MystresMyna)
Worry and Blessing - Aunt Sue (MystresMyna)
Wake Up Call (Ruechari)
The Game is a Foot (baileygaines & ARCase)
Just After Dawn (NehpetsEnal)
Left in Stitches (ARCase and Ruechari)
Confusion Café (crazyp01)
Old Grudges (lyttlejoe & Ruechari)
Little Mouse (ARCase)
Back Home (lyttlejoe and crazyp01)
Rumors vs Wild Fires (Ruechari)
. . . Of Boys and Men (lyttlejoe)
Baffling Bubbles (Ruechari - CG and 3Gun Approved)
Where's the Mayor? (crazyp01)
Where is Lorne? (Myna) MystresMyna
Rub-a-Dub (lyttlejoe)
Josie and Jhonny Take Action (ARCase & NehpetsEnal)
Dam Busters (NehpetsEnal)
For Whom the Bell Tolls (crazyp01)
Fool House (2) - Leandralynx
The Birthing of a Legend from Sticks and Stones (NehpetsEnal)
Hard Lesson (lyttlejoe)
It Doesn't Just Rain (lyttlejoe)
Finding My Man - Myna (MystresMyna)
The Round Table (NehpetsEnal)
It Doesn't Just Rain - Part 2 (lyttlejoe)
The Party Planner (Ruechari)
Taken on the chin (NehpetsEnal)
Women of Action - Part 1 MystresMyna & Ruechari
A Promise Made (Ruechari)
Mr. and Mrs. Stone (crazyp01)
Liberté Hell (NehpetsEnal)
The Night Before (NehpetsEnal)
Victim of Circumstance (ARCase and Ruechari)
Capsizing - NehpetsEnal
Zappa Zapped! (MystresMyna & lyttlejoe)
Out of Step (leandralynx)
Out and About (MysteriousDryad)
A Lovely Day (NehpetsEnal)
Shadow Diver (1) - Leandralynx
Official BG Business (ARCase and Ruechari)
Another Way - NehpetsEnal
One Hell of Day (Ruechari)
A Killer to Find (lyttlejoe)
Mission Irresponsible (NehpetsEnal)
Message Received (Ruechari)
On Fire (NehpetsEnal)
The One That Got Away - Ruechari
Nosin' Around - lyttlejoe
Nothing is Quite Ever What it Seems (NehpetsEnal)
A Suspicious Feelin' - lyttlejoe
Opportunity - (ARCase & Ruechari)
Picnics and Palm Readings (BaileyGaines and ARCase)
One Hundred Degrees - NehpetsEnal
Needing Answers - (ARCase & Ruechari)
A Visitor - Ruechari
Newsprint 44 - @crazyp01
Tomorrow's Another Day (lyttlejoe)
The Champion of BG (Ruechari)
Shadow Diver (2) (Leandralynx)
Just a Tick (NehpetsEnal)
Getting the Facts (AnnaRCase and lyttlejoe)
Volume 15

Josie's Plan (ARCase and NehpetsEnal)

63 6 38
By storytellers-saloon

Josie's Plan

Josie was a lady indeed, who didn't like to be kept waiting.

Jhonny was a no-show at the stables after class.

Perhaps Ron was having the last laugh. Enjoying her tart won by a fib.

Well, Josie would take care of him. Give Ronald a piece of her mind,

For causing her to be left high and dry. Perhaps he'd gotten the date wrong,

An honest mistake.

Or Jhonny had met him elsewhere, and the two were off to the lake.

Fishing and swimming as boys like to do. Whatever the case, it was incredibly rude!

Not wanting to return to the hotel just yet, gossiping with Gyn at the Café was the best bet. The two girls giggled over muffins and milk.

Then her friend asked Josie a question which got her all cross again.

"I hear your sweet on Jhonny," said Gyn.

She sighed, "He and I are just friends."

"I'll bet that's all it is. He asks about you around town," she replied with a grin.

Josie finished her milk and said nothing else about the matter. Because she really didn't know the answer, or how she did feel, about the boy who often made her squeal. And not always in a good way. He was handsome it was true and Jhonny knew it too.

When the sky had turned nearly black from blue, Josie could put off returning to the hotel no longer she knew.

She wasn't looking forward to facing Sallie. But Jake she did long to see. Their talk was long overdue indeed.

Imagine the surprise of Josephine, when in the hotel restaurant Jhonny, she did see.It seemed a joyous reunion with his family.

He was also looking better, her heart felt relieved, for the last time his face was still bruised and bloody.

Josie waited patiently and quietly on the balcony, waited for her chance to pull him aside, and in him confide.

She'd soon grown bored and pulled a book from her sack.

And happily, got lost in a world not her own, ate an apple for a snack.

So, she didn't see Jhonny approach at all, the book had her so enthralled.

Even though Jhonny hadn't got to see his buddy Ron, it had been a good day.

He was getting tired, so left the family, with all the hugs and kisses finished he headed for the stairs.

He wondered why Mom parted with a little wink but knew for sure it was something good.

He swung around the huge null post at the bottom of the stairs, climbing the first few steps in one stride, and still a boy at heart he looked forward to sliding down the banister in the morning.

He was light on his feet and made barely a sound as he skipped two at a time up the stairs, before landing on the balcony.

Where he was met with a pleasant surprise, there was Josie, sat cozily in the corner of the Chaise Lounge, reading a book and maybe snoozing.

He didn't doubt she took a prettier picture, than any she might see in her book.

It's not that he's going to tell her that, for more likely than not, she'd twist the compliment, much preferring to bite his head off.

He looked over the banister, where Mom looked up at him and smiled, he smiled back and wondered if she had read his mind but knew for sure, she only did that sort of thing when necessary.

Concerned that Josie might be asleep he tiptoes across the balcony and slips silently on to the armless end of the sofa.

This was near perfect, he just sits there and enjoys the moment, thinking how nice it would be if she were polite to him when she awoke.

But unknown to Jhonny she was awake and although she didn't see him coming, she felt it as he slipped onto the sofa, and played along, just to see what he would do.

It was her turn to be pleasantly surprised, when for a change he didn't behave like an ass and try to scare her, half out of her mind.

This tender and thoughtful version of Jhonny was quite delightful and much to her surprise, she found herself enjoying his presence.

But even though it felt good she couldn't sit here all night, there were things to be done.

Josie opened her eyes and sat up prim and proper like a lady, adjusting her skirts and crossing her legs at the ankle daintily.

"Good evening, Mr. Denver. I have a bargain for you. If you so choose."

Josie wondered why looking at him, in the moonlight, put her head in such a spin.

"Oh?" said Johnny, brows arched in intrigue, "and what might that be?"

Josie sat her book to the side, and even though her cheeks bloomed, closer to him she did slide.

Close enough that she could feel his surprised breath against her cheek. She cleared her throat, then began to speak.

"Discretion is the key. I need help to retrieve, something that was taken unrightfully. I need help to get through a door. And perhaps a lookout too. But we could get in trouble, I must warn you, Jhonny."

Amused he grinned, "And you immediately thought of me?"

"Yes. I believe you may have certain unsavory talents," she did agree, "ones which will come in handy."

To that Jhonny couldn't help but laugh indeed, "And tell me Josephine, what's in it for me? If I risk all this trouble and perhaps break the law?"

"Well, that is your call. What do you want Jhonny?" asked she.

Her heart beat furiously in her chest. And Josie feared, Jhonny could hear it with his own ears. Before she'd never noticed the deep blue of his eyes. Until she was sitting so close to him beneath the moonlight.

"Well let me guess, you'll be thinking he'll be after another kiss. To be honest, with how I'm feeling right now that's very tempting, but there's something else I'd like even more."

She was taken by surprise and was more than a little disappointed, it showed on her face.

But like a gentleman, Jhonny pretended not to notice.

She stiffened just a bit, but quickly recovered her composure and asked.

"And what would that be?"

"When this all over, and assuming we've not been caught and locked up, I'd like us to start over, so let's get to know each, maybe a ride and picnic."

Josie was taken aback, what a surprise.

"I don't know what's come over you Jhonny, but yes, I'll give it a try," and added with a giggle, "no promises though."

Jhonny gave her a knowing smile, and from the words that followed she could tell he sensed things weren't right.

"I think it's important that you know I'm here for you, and that you're never alone. Oh, and by the way I'd have done it for you without a bargain."

This was the first time she'd not felt alone for quite a while and was beginning to believe her growing trust in Jhonny was not misplaced.

She put her arms around his neck and gave him a little hug, tentatively he returned the gesture, neither showed any desire to part, this was a beautiful moment they would both remember.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.9K 1.1K 68
A student from the Paldea region took an interest in traveling to other regions to learn new things.
69.2K 2K 190
"In a world of pirates and adventure, meet Ryo, a half mink-half human with a tragic past. After losing his parents, Ryo was taken in and trained by...
7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...