Bucky's Journey

By Dela39ane

Bucky awakes at the bottom of a ravine. He isn't taken by Hydra but goes on a journey to find his best friend... More

-Bucky Survives-

26 2 0
By Dela39ane

Bucky POV

I feel cold and my eyes felt heavy. My left arm was throbbing and stinging. I couldn't feel my arm from the shoulder down.

I slowly open my eyes and see snow falling gently on my face.

There is ice and rock walls surrounding me. My body feels num probably from laying in the snow.

I look to my sides to get a better look at my surroundings. What happened?

I think, then remember I fell off of the freight train where Steve, the howling commandos, and I were trying to capture Dr. Zola.

I sigh then look to my left. I see blood covering the snow and I glance to my arm. Only there was no arm.

I gulp in a huge amount of air because of the fear I gained from seeing my arm missing.

I look over to my arm again and see the other part a few feet away.

Then, I think quickly and pull my my self up against a rock with my right arm. I take my belt off of my uniform and tie it around my arm so it doesn't bleed out.

I hiss at the stinging sensation the arm receives as I tie the belt as tightly as I could.

I sigh after I finish and look around. Great I was in an icy ravine. I was technically trapped. How am I supposed to get out?

As I look to my side I see a metal bar a few feet away from where I am sitting. I crawl towards it and pick it up.

It was the metal bar I was dangling from on the train.

I think for awhile and then come up with an idea. I grab the metal and then take off my gun holster that's around my chest and tie it to one end of the metal.

After I get it made I grab the side of a boulder and help myself up. I walk to a side of the ravine and use the metal bar as a grappling hook and the gun holster as a rope.

I get half way up the ravine and then see a foot hold in the ice. I start climbing with my one arm and finally reach the top.

My arm is throbbing and I grab a chunk of snow off the ground and hold it up to my amputated arm.

After the pain goes away I start walking. I look in my pockets remembering I had a compass.

I pull it out and see the glass is shattered but the arrow is still pointing North.

I remember that the US army camp is North from where the mission started.

I start traveling North and hiding every now and then because I come across some HYDRA soldiers.

It soon becomes nightfall and I need a safe place to rest. I find a small cave and go in.

I walk towards the cave and then sit down and go into a light sleep.

I wanted to sleep light just in case anyone was to come into the cave and attack me.

I wake up early. I step outside and see the sun rising. I decided to get an early start in walking so I start heading north.

About 2 days later I reach an area with more trees and the snow starts going away. I travel through the forest area and avoid any troops or battle fields.

I watch where I step just so I don't step on any mounds that could trigger mines.

I ran into two enemy soldiers and I knock them out from behind and I take one of their guns, take the other guns ammo, all their ammo on their belts and pockets, and I take some of their rations from their backpacks along with their water flasks.

After a few days I started developing a cough, and runny nose. It was probably from sleeping and traveling in the snow without proper supplies.

I was hoping to find a US army camp soon. I kept moving forward knowing I would find it sooner or later.

Every now and then I stopped and would tighten the belt strap around what's left of my arm because it would start to loosen once in a while.

I felt so tired, hungry, and in pain I felt like falling to the floor and staying there. But I kept going and encouraged myself to kept moving forward. (Sorry but I though of dory saying 'just keep swimming':)).

After 10 days of traveling I had spotted an US army truck driving on a dirt path about 70 feet ahead of me.

My eyes lit up and I walked in the direction the truck went. Awhile later I reached an US camp and I was on the outside of it.

I walked over by a bush and heard voices, "General, Captain America had left for a HYDRA base raid 1 day ago and should be back soon. We got a radio call saying that the Captain and the Howling Commandos were successful and are on their way back here." It was Peggy.

"Good, thank you Agent Carter for the news report." I tried getting through the bush by pushing it. It was harder with just one arm.

I hear two guns load. Dang it they think I am a spy from the enemy side. I take a deep breath in, but that was a bad idea because it made me have to cough.

"Put you hands up and come out!!" I hear Peggy shout. I don't move and then someone  on the other side moves the bushes apart.

Peggy stood there with her gun held at me. She gasps and then drops the gun suddenly.

"Sergeant Barnes?" She exclaimed. I start coughing again and she walks over and grabs my right arm and slings it over her shoulder so she could support my body weight.

She helps me walk out of the bush and the General stares in shock, "Oh my lord! How is this even possible?" He stares at my left arm. Peggy walks more further then hollers, "We need a medic!!"

Many soldiers look over at me and some give confused or scared looks. I am guessing the scared ones saw my arm. A medic comes over and then gasp. They help Peggy walk me over to the Medical tent.

They tell me to lay down on one of the cots and I do so. It felt so nice to finally lay in an actual bed. Well it was actually a cot but it was a bed to me since it's normally beds for people in the army.

As soon as I lay down I sigh and close my eyes. I guess I fell asleep because I heard a medic telling me to wake up. I wake up and see that they placed a damp cloth over my forehead and had removed my jacket.

"Sergeant Barnes you seem to have a cold and a fever. So that's why I placed a the wet cloth on your head." I smile at her.

"We also need to amputate your left arm a little shorter because of infection." I look at her with tired eyes and say, "alright if it is necessary. It's not like it's going to grow back anyway." The medic smiles and she starts prepping for the amputation.

"Steve will be happy your alive." Peggy says. I smile at her then the medic comes over and gives me an anesthesia. I drift off to a sleep.

I wake after a while and turn and see my arm shorter than it was before. My arm was wrapped in gauze all over what's left of the arm and then tied up around my chest.

I decided to sleep again since I hadn't gotten much on my journey here. After 1 hour I was shaken slightly waken by a medic.

"How long has it been since you ate sergeant?" She asks then I reply, "4 days." She looks at me with a sorry expression then hands me a can that was filled with water and a bowl with some stew inside.

I eat it quickly and thank her. It felt so nice to have some pleasant food and good water finally. I finish and place the bowl on the ground next to the cot.

Later the medic comes in with a military green jacket. She gives it to me and I thank her and put it on to keep me warm.

I fall into a sleep again and is woken up by clapping and cheering. I try to listen and I hear Peggy talking to someone, "Captain Rogers, I believe there is someone waiting in the medical tent for you."

I smile. Steve was back. I hear footsteps and the tent opens. I turn my head to face the opening of the tent and see Steve and the Howling Commandos standing there.

"Bucky?!" Steve breaths. I smile, "Steve."

They run over and Steve embraces me in a huge hug. "I thought I lost you. How is this even possible I saw you fall off the train?!" I laugh, "That's a long story." He lets go of the hug and then looks down at the bandages on my chest.

"Why do you have bandages on your chest?" Steve questions. I reply, "There not for my chest." I remove the jacket and now am showing my bare chest and arms. Steve and the Howling Commandos gasp at my arm.

"Oh. My. Lord." Says Dum Dum Dugan. Jim Mortia slaps his arm. Steve glares at them.

"Hey, maybe we can ask Stark to make you a prosthetic." He smiles then I say, "Yeah maybe. But I got pretty good at handling a gun one handed."

"Where'd you get a gun from?" Asks Dugan. "I stole one from a HYDRA solider I took down on my second day of the journey I did." They all gap at me.

"Well I think we should all get some rest since the mission we had was a good one. Also Buck could probably use some sleep." Steve states. The commandos walk out and Steve stays behind.

"Good to have you back old pal." He says while smiling. "Good to have you back to Steve." I say as Steve waves goodbye and I go to sleep.

-Time Skip-

I have been out of the medical tent for 3 days and was practicing gun handling with one hand.

I was practicing shooting targets in the center of camp where it was a bigger open area. After I finished a round of bullets I place the gun on the table and make sure it wasn't loaded.

I turn around and see Steve, the Commandos, and some soldiers staring, "What?" I say.

"What do you mean what?! That was outstanding!! You can shoot that gun like no tomorrow with only one hand!!" Hollers one solider. I blush slightly at the compliment.

I walk to my sleeping quarters with Steve and we talk together. "How would you like to come with me and the rest of the army on a final mission?" I smile. "Really you want me to come even though I am one armed?"

Steve nods, "but we have to discuss the plan secretly. We are having a meeting tomorrow at the underground base." He whispers. He had to whisper just in case any spy's were watching or bugged the camp.

Time Skip

We were all waiting for a signal to break into the final HYDRA base where Schmidt was.

We finally got the signal and the army started breaking into the HYDRA base and shooting at many HYDRA soldiers.

Once we were in all the plan was is to get time for Steve to capture or kill Schmidt.

I snuck into a non crowded area and followed four HYDRA soldiers into a corridor. I shoot two then the others turns around and tries shooting me. They miss, but then I feel like I was being electrocuted. I fall to the floor and see a HYDRA solider was pointing a gun at me from behind.

They tie me up and gag me then carry me out to a small plane. They place me inside and then hit me over the head with the butt of their gun.

I wake up and see I am still in the plane. I look around and try getting the binds on my legs off. One solider notices then hits me again over the head.

I wake up this time to see I was strapped to a chair in a dark lab. Oh gosh they captured me, I thought to myself. I look over and see a small table with tools on them. After awhile a few men come in and put more straps on my body.

He then lays the chair back like in a hospital. He takes out some tools and starts doing some random things to my amputated arm. Later one knocks me unconscious and I woke up to see I had a metal arm.

I was furious so when one man came over I tried choking him with the arm but then another man came in and jabbed me with a sedative.

I wake up again and see I am in a different chair that has wires all over it. I had no shirt on and I had a mouth guard on.

My flesh arm was strapped down and so was the metal one. I look down at my chest and see that I am ripped. Wow, when did my muscles get that big? I think to myself.

Another man walks in and is holding a book that was red and had a small black star in the center. He looks at me then states with a heavy Russian accent, "Winter Solider Program Activates now."

~THE END~

Word Count: 2321

Thank you for reading!!🥰🤩

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
417K 12.6K 94
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...