You're Not A Monster (Klaus M...

بواسطة Ziehmer28

Aislinn has always felt like an outsider. Her sister, Elena, still blames her for their parents death and now... المزيد

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
One Year Later

Chapter 14

7.1K 151 14
بواسطة Ziehmer28

Chapter 14

Klaus keeps me by him as he looks at his brother in shock. Elijah is using a white handkerchief to clean off the blood from his hands from killing Daniel.

"You both look surprised to see me. So it wasn't either of you that removed the dagger from my chest?"

Klaus took a step away from me, walking over to his drinks, "You look like you could do with a drink. And we have a lot to discuss, so shall we?"

"Aislinn, leave," Elijah said, never breaking eye contact with his brother.

I looked between the two, "No." I walked over, taking a step between the two, "Elijah, he didn't mean it. He was going to undagger you. We just got you back."

Elijah vamp sped towards us, pushing me out of the way as he attacked Klaus. He threw him into the next room, breaking a mirror and table. Klaus stood up, glancing over at me and seeing the nerves in them.

Klaus sighed and looked at his brother, "Easy. I just finished renovating." He rushes into Elijah, causing him to crash into a side table and break it. "You know you have every right to be mad at me. But I kept my word, I reunited you with our family."

Elijah attacks him again, and Klaus is knocked against a coffin. He opens the one next to it, undaggers Kol who is lying inside, rushes to Elijah and holds him against a closed coffin by his throat. He holds the dagger up threateningly.

"Don't make me do this to you again Elijah!"

"Klaus, stop!" I say and rush over, putting my hand on his shoulder. "If you dagger him your just prolonging another fight."

Elijah glances at me for a moment before looking at his brother, waiting for him to make a move.

With a sigh, Klaus lowers the dagger, releasing Elijah, "Mikael is dead."

"What did you say?" Elijah asks, surprised as he stands up.

"I killed him. With his own weapon. He's gone Elijah. Forever."

Elijah gestured to the coffins, "Why do our family remain in these coffins? Finn for over 900 years, Kol for over a century."

"Because of Stefan Salvatore. He holds the one thing keeping me from freeing them."

I spoke up, "He had you and the others. We just got everyone back but he still has the fourth coffin."

Elijah looked at Klaus, watching him nod in agreement before adding, "There are things that you do not know about our past, Elijah. Our mother's death. Things I never wanted you to know but I'm ready to tell you now. I only ask that you remember the oath of loyalty you once swore to me."

Klaus places the dagger that was in Kol's chest back in its spot inside of him.

"Always and forever. I need you to stand by my side. Be my brother. Help me destroy Stefan and I promise you our family will be whole again." He closes the coffin lid and looks at his brother.

Elijah turns, pacing slightly before sighing and looking at Klaus. "Very well brother, I will hear what you have to say."

Both brothers along with myself sat at the table in the dining room as Klaus began to speak. He told of the time when they had turned into vampires and that he was the one who killed their mother. An action that still haunts him to this day. I could tell Elijah was hurt by his brother' words but seemed to take them and continue onward.

"Well, where is the last coffin?"

I spoke up, "Stefan still has it. He moved it; we don't know where it is."

"Well, we better get it then," Elijah said as he stood up, fixing his suit. "I'll speak with them, invite them over to talk."

Klaus nodded, watching as his brother walked out in silence. I looked at Klaus, pausing for a moment before putting my hand on his. He looked at our hands in surprise before looking at me and giving me a faint smile.

"I should figure out what I'm wearing tonight."

"Nothing is always an option," He said with a smirk, making me laugh as I stood.

"Yeah, because that'll go over well with the Salvatores." I headed back upstairs, looking through my closet for what outfits might work for tonight. Clearly, Klaus knew my styles because everything in the closet seemed to suit me.

Deciding on something nice yet comfortable, I through on some tight black pants and a purple short sleeve shirt with a black cover-up. I threw my hair into a high pony-tale and decided on some black boots.

There was a small knock on my door, making me turn and see Klaus there. His eyes looked over me.

"What do you think?"

"Beautiful."

I smiled before looking at myself in the mirror again.

"But, it does seem to be missing something," Klaus walked over, holding up a beautiful necklace with a blue stone in the middle. I looked at it and smiled, turning back around so he could place it on me. "It's old, but it will remain beautiful."

"Did you steel this off of a queen or something?" I joked, but my eyes met his and he ducked down with a laugh.

Maybe he did.

"Are you sure you want to be here tonight?" Klaus asked? I turned and looked at him questionable, making him part of lips. "I'm sure they will come up with a plan to trick me or trap me."

"Then the more hands you have around, the better." I wrapped my hand around his neck, "I'm not leaving you, not tonight and not ever."

Klaus seemed taken back by my words for a moment before smiling. He leaned in, capturing my lips in his for a kiss before pulling away.

"I suppose we should get ready for dinner then," He said.

He compelled some servants to fix dinner and serve us before setting up five chairs around a table. Elijah had returned a while ago, going upstairs and showering before changing into another suit.

I ran into Elijah as we both were exiting our bedrooms.

"Elijah. I'm sorry about everything that happened."

"My brother, he has a liking towards you, doesn't he?"

"More then you know," I mumbled, looking at the ground slightly.

Elijah looked off for a second before sighing, "You shouldn't be here tonight. You shouldn't be a part of any of this"

I looked at Elijah confused, "I'm staying, Elijah. And I'm part of it whether I like it or not. Unless, of course, there's a reason I should be scared?"

A small chuckle left Elijah's lips, "If my brother hasn't scared you off yet, then I'm afraid nothing will." With that, he walked passed me and descended the stairs. As he did so, there was a knock on the door, causing him to get it.

I followed in his footsteps, watching as Damon and Stefan stepped in. Both of them looked at me, causing Damon to scuff slightly, "What a surprise."

"Niklaus, our guests have arrived," Elijah called.

Klaus entered, looking at the two brothers, "Damon. Stefan. Elijah tells me, you seek an audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men, shall we?"

We walked into the dining room where the table is set with food on it. He gestured to the tables before taking his own seat. I took the spot next to him, next to Damon, while Elijah sat on the other side of Klaus.

Stefan, not taking a seat, looking at the food with a sour look. "I didn't come here to eat, Klaus. Fact, I didn't want to come here at all. But I was told I had to cause you would hear us out."

"Well, we can sit and eat or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides. The choice is yours."

Damon gestured for his brother to sit before taking his seat. Everyone started to dig in and drink while Stefan just sat there. Klaus noticed this of course.

"You lost your appetite."

Damon gestured with his fork, "Eat. I thought we agreed that we would leave the grumpy Stefan at home."

Stefan glared at his brother before lazily picking at his food.

"That's the spirit. Isn't it nice? Five of us dining together? Such a treat. Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger from my brother?"

"Well, I know how he felt about you, so I figured the more, the merrier," Damon said with a fake smile. He looked at me, "Still a chance to join us, Aislinn."

I looked at my plate, "Sorry, I don't side with people who try to kill me... multiple times."

"Well, I think the last one was mostly Stefan," Damon said with a shrug.

Stefan spoke up, looking at Klaus with a smirk, "Where is Rebekah? Last I checked she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her."

"If you're referring to the fact that Rebekah knows I killed our mother, I've already come clean to Elijah."

Damon eyed his brother, "Hey, Stef, remember when you killed dad? Might want to dial down the judgment until dessert."

"We're here to make a deal, Damon. Doesn't mean we need to kiss his ass for seven courses."

"I'm just saying we have a long evening ahead of us. Pace yourself."

Elijah looked to Stefan, "Stefan. Where is the lovely Elena tonight?"

"I don't know. Ask Damon," Stefan shrugged.

I looked at him, "What? You two finally realized that her dating both of you wasn't going to work?"

Stefan looked at me angrily, "One more word about Elena and this dinner's over and you'll be coming back with us."

Klaus looked slightly angry at Stefan's words, but couldn't act as Damon put a hand on his brother's shoulder and mine. "Okay you two, I think we can both agree that nothing stupid like that will happen again. But, it's probably best we just keep Elena in the do-not-discuss pile."

"Fine by me," I say with a nod, continuing to eat.

A scuff left Stefan's lips as he pointed his finger at the two Mikaelson's, "So you two are buddy, buddy again?"

Elijah grabbed his drink, raising it to his brother who copied him, "Family above all." We all finished our plates, causing Elijah to sit back in his chair, "So, why don't we move this evening along and discuss the terms of this proposal?"

"That's very simple. Klaus gets his coffin back, in exchange, he and the Original extended family leave Mystic Falls forever. Me, Stefan, and Elena live happily ever after. Aislinn can do... whatever she does and no grudges for anyone," Damon said.

Nodding and looking at Klaus, Elijah said, "The deal sounds fair, brother."

"I don't think you understand. Elena's doppelgänger blood insures that I will always have more hybrids to fight those that oppose me. I will never leave her behind." Klaus stands and pace's slowly, his hand brushing against my shoulder. "Let's say I do leave her here, under your protection, what then? How long before one of you turns her into a vampire? Or worse, how long before she dies caught between your feuding? You see, each one of you truly believes that you're the one that can protect her, and that is simply a delusion. Gentlemen, the worst thing for Elena Gilbert is... the two of you."

"No argument there," I mumbled, taking the glace of red wine and raising it to my lips.

Damon sat his napkin on the table, "I think I'm gonna get some air." He stands and walks out of the room.

"Let me deal with this," Elijah said and joined him.

Now there are three.

Stefan stood up, leaving me the only one left at the table. He stood where Damon sat, next to me. "Well, I guess the only reason you agreed to this evening, Klaus, is to drive a wedge between me and my brother."

"Oh no, you're doing that well enough on your own. Because of Elena, you're gonna lose your brother and you'll only have yourself to blame."

Damon re-entered with Elijah, gesturing to the hybrid, "What do you say, Klaus? It's time for you to put something on the table. We've made our offer, now you counter."

"Okay. I offer Elena's future happiness. You see, what she needs right now is to be rid of you lot. And to fall in love with a human, maybe that nice football player, you know the blond one? Matt Donovan? They'll marry, live a long and fruitful life, and pop out a perfect family."

Stefan scuffed and crossed his arms, "And continue the Petrova bloodline. Every few hundred years, you'll have a new doppelgänger to drain and never run out of hybrids, right Klaus?"

"Consider it a small return on my investment in her well-being. See, after you hand me back the coffin, I'll ensure her safety for the rest of her natural life. You know it's what's best for her. So, what do you say Stefan, hmm? Do we have a deal?"

Stefan walked up to Klaus, surprising Damon. He looked at Klaus' hand before taking it in a hard grip. He smirked, "Nice try, Klaus. But no deal."

Klaus' smile fell and he used his leg to break Stefan's arm and leg. The sound of the bones cracking made me jump slightly and take a step back. Klaus pushed Stefan's hand over the fireplace, starting to burn it. Damon tried to intervene but Elijah stopped him by pushing him up against the wall.

"What are you doing? Stop!" Damon yelled.

"Now, bring me my coffin before I burn him alive."

Damon pushed at Elijah, "I'll get it."

Klaus smiled and nodded at his brother, "Go with him, brother. You keep him honest. And when you return, I will make good on my promise to you and I will hand over our family."

Elijah nodded once before glancing at me. He turned and followed Damon out of the room. Once they were out of the room, Klaus yanked Stefan back and looked at him on the floor.

"You really have given up, haven't you? Where's the fight? Where's the ripper?" Klaus asked Stefan.

Suddenly, Damon and Elijah re-entered, clearly never haven left. I looked at them confused, "What is it? Why haven't you left?"

Elijah didn't look at me as he looked at his brother, "Where are your manners, brother? We forgot dessert." He raises his hands, revealing the daggers that were in each of the Mikaelson families.

Klaus' face fell, "What have you done?"

"What have you done? You see, I've learned not to trust your vulgar promises, Klaus. We're doing this on my terms now."

Suddenly, Kol enters with a smirk, "Long time, brother." Klaus starts to back away but his other brother, Finn appears, grabbing a dagger and stabbing Klaus in the hand with it.

"Stop, no!" I yell, but before I can take more than a step, Elijah has me in his arms, holding me back.

Rebekah walks in next, taking another dagger and stabbing Klaus in the stomach, "This is for our mother," She said before yanking the dagger out. Klaus falls to the ground for a moment in pain, causing me to yank at Elijah's grip.

Elijah turns to the Salvatores, "You're free to go. This is family business." In seconds, they're both gone and we are left alone.

Kol walks up to me, smirking as he runs a finger across my cheek, "Well, aren't you a beauty. No wonder my brother's kept you around."

"Don't touch her, Kol," Klaus said, standing up and looking at him angrily.

"Someone's attached," Finn said, grabbing Stefan's glass from the table and taking a sip.

Kol took a step away from me as Rebekah looked around. "I like what you've done with the new place, Nik." She grabs a vase, throwing it at a painting and knocking both to the ground.

Klaus leans on the table, clearly saddened, "I wanted it to be for all of us. A place we could all call home. A place we could all be a family. None of us would ever have to be alone again."

"Well you're right, none of us will be," Elijah said.

Finn looked at Klaus, "You're staying behind."

Rebekah crossed her arms, "We're leaving you, Nik. Right after I kill that doppelgänger wench, then you will be alone. Always and forever."

"Oh, and his little pet," Kol said, grabbing my arm and yanking me from Elijah. My body tried to pull away as Kol put his nose to my neck. "Hm, smells delicious."

Klaus looked at everyone angrily, "If you hurt her, it you run, I will hunt you all down."

Elijah stepped towards the door, "Then you'll become everything you hate. Our father."

Nothing was said for a moment before Kol grew his fangs and went for my neck.

"Enough!" A voice said behind us, making Kol halt in his actions and everyone turn. A woman was standing there, looking like the woman I had dreamt of once. Esther, the Mikaelson's mother.

Esther slowly walked in, making her wat to Klaus as everyone looked in shock. Klaus couldn't meet his mother's eyes as tears filled them.

"Look at me!" Esther yelled, causing Klaus to slowly look at her, looking like a puppy who had just gotten yelled at. "Do you know why I'm here?"

"You're here to kill me."

"Niklaus, you are my son and I am here to forgive you. I want us to be a family again," She turned and looked at everyone. "All of us," She said. Her eyes settled on me for a moment before she looked at Kol, "Let her go, Kol."

Kol made a face, "Why is she so important?"

"She is Niklaus' mate," She said, her eyes landing back on me.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

29.6K 620 31
When Leah Black moves to the new mysterious town of Mystic Falls, she finds her self intertwined with the supernatural world. This leads her to meet...
329K 6.1K 45
Victoria Petrova has a history that started the second she met the Mikaelson Family. In order to escape the ghosts that haunted her for 900 years she...
33.2K 550 15
Kol Mikaelson is filled with hatred, but by someone who is just as dangerous and smart as him, a girl, Isabel Reilly. She's vicious, she's cunning, s...
142K 9.5K 17
"𝐮𝐧𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞. 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐞." "𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐞...