SuperPotter 2

Por SuperPotter7

After the crash, Dean and Sam have a hard time getting through the loss of their Dad. With both their Dad gon... Mais

Chapter 1 In my time of dying
Chapter 2 Everybody loves a clown
Chapter 3 Bloodlust
Chapter 4 Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things
Chapter 5 Simon Said
Chapter 6 No Exit
Chapter 7 The Usual Suspects
Chapter 8 Crossroad Blues
Chapter 9 Croatoan
Chapter 10 Hunted
Chapter 11 Playthings
Chapter 12 Nightshifter
Chapter 13 Houses Of The Holy
Chapter 14 Born Under A Bad Sign
Chapter 15 Tall Tales
Chapter 17 Heart
Chapter 18 Hollywood Babylon
Chapter 19 Folsom Prison Blues
Chapter 20 What Is And What Should Never Be
Chapter 21 All Hell Breaks Loose Part One
Chapter 22 All Hell Breaks Loose Part Two

Chapter 16 Roadkill

348 9 0
Por SuperPotter7

Sam, Dean and Hermione are driving down a dark road when suddenly a woman stands in the middle of the road.

'Holy—!' Dean shouts as he stops the Impala just in front of her.

'You've got to help me,' The woman says as she goes to the passenger's side and pounds on the window. Sam rolls it down. 'Please. Please!'

'All right, all right. Calm down, calm down. Tell us what happened,' Sam responds.

Sam, Dean and Hermione have parked the Impala by the road and the four of them are standing around it.

'I-I swerved, a-and we crashed. And when I came to, the car was wrecked and my husband was missing. I went looking for him, but that's when the man from the road, he...he started chasing me,' The woman explains.

'Did he look like he lost a fight with a lawn mower?' Dean asks.

'How did you know that?'

'Lucky guess,'

'Ma'am, what is your name?' Sam asks.

'Molly. Molly Mcnamara,'

Sam exchanges a look with Dean. 'I think maybe you should come with us. We'll take you back into town,'

'I can't. I have to find David. He might have gone back to the car,'

'We should get you somewhere safe first. Then Dean, Hermione and I will come back. We'll look for you husband,'

'No. I'm not leaving here without him. Would you just take me back to my car, please?' Molly asks.

'Of course. Come on,'

They park the Impala by the woods near the crash site. As they get out Molly starts to lead them into the woods.

'It's right over there,' She tells them. When they come upon the crash site, there is no car to be found. 'I don't understand. I'm sure this is where it was. W-We hit that tree right there. This...this doesn't make any sense,' She moves away from them to investigate.

'Dean, we got to get out of here. Greeley could show up at any second,' Sam tells Dean and Hermione.

'What are you gonna tell her?'

'The truth?'

'She's gonna take off running in the other direction,'

'I know it sounds crazy, but I crashed into that tree. I don't know who could've taken it. It was totalled. Please. You have to believe me,' Molly tells them as she moves closer towards them.

'Molly, listen, we do believe you. But that's why we want to get you out of here,' Hermione tells Molly.

'What about David? Something must have happened. I have to get to the cops,'

'Cops...that's a great idea. We'll take you down to the station ourselves. So just come with us. It's the best way we can help you and your husband,' Dean answers.

'Okay,' Molly comes back towards them.

They drive down the road with Molly in the backseat next to Hermione.

'We're supposed to be in lake Tahoe,' Molly points out.

'You and David?' Sam asks.

'It's our five-year anniversary,'

'A hell of an anniversary,' Dean points out.

'Right before, we were having the dumbest fight. It was the only time we ever really argued...when we were stuck in the car,'

'Yeah. I know how that goes,' Sam responds laughing. Dean shoots him a scowling look.

'You know the last thing I said to him? I called him a jerk. Oh, god. What if that's the last thing I said to him?'

Sam turns to face Molly. 'Molly...We're going to figure out what happened to your husband. I promise,' The radio starts to make odd noises before playing House of the Rising Sun. Dean frowns at it.

'Did you—?' Dean asks.

'No,' Sam answers.

'I was afraid you'd say that,'

'This song...' Molly points out.

'What?' Dean asks.

'It was playing when we crashed,'

The radio crackles again, and settles on another station. A creepy voice fills the car with. 'She's mine. She's mine. She's mine,'

'What is that?' Molly asks. An old man appears in the middle of the road. Dean drives the car straight at him.

'Hold on,' He says.

'What are you doing?' Dean drives straight into the old man, who vanishes in a puff of smoke. 'What the....What the hell just happened?'

'Don't worry, Molly. Everything is going to be all right,' Right after Sam said that the Impala starts to shudder.

'Spoke a little too soon, Sammy,' The Impala coasts to a stop on the side of the road. Dean tries to start it again but the ignition sputters. 'I don't think he's going to let her leave,'

The four of them exit the car.

'This can't be happening,' Molly says towards them.

'Well...Trust me. It's happening,' Dean responds. He opens the trunk and starts pulling out weaponry. Molly comes around and sees the arsenal, she starts to back away slowly.

'Well...Okay. Thanks for helping, but I think I got it covered from here,'

'Wait. Molly, Molly, wait a minute,' Sam says as he's going after her.

'Just leave me alone,'

'No no no. Please. You have to listen to me,'

'Just stay away,' She turns around and starts to leave.

'It wasn't a coincidence that we found you, all right?'

Molly stops and turns back. 'What are you talking about?'

'We weren't just cruising for chicks when we ran into you, sister. We were already out here. Hunting,' Dean responds.

'Hunting for what?'

'Ghosts,' Dean responds bluntly.

'D...d...don't....Sugarcoat it for her,' Sam responds. Hermione shakes her head.

'You're nuts,'

'Really? About as nuts as a vanishing guy with his guts spilling out. You know what you saw,' Dean responds.

'We think his name is Jonah Greeley. He was a local farmer that died 15 years ago on this highway,' Hermione explains.

'Just...stop,'

'One night a year, on the anniversary of his death, he haunts this road. That's why we're here, Molly. To try and stop him,' Sam continues.

'Now, I suppose this...ghost made my car disappear, too,'

'Crazier things have happened, huh?' Dean asks.

'You know what? I'm all filled up on crazy. I'm gonna get the cops myself,'

'I don't mean to be harsh, but I don't think you're gonna get too far,' Dean points out.

'What is that supposed to mean?' Molly asks.

'Means that plan A was trying to get you out of here. Obviously, that didn't go over too well with, uh, Farmer Roadkill,'

'Molly, we're telling the truth. Greeley is not gonna let you leave this highway,' Sam ads.

'You're s...you're serious about this, aren't you?'

'Deadly,' Dean answers.

'Every year, Greeley find someone to punish for what happened to him. Tonight, that person is you,' Hermione explains.

'Why me? I didn't do anything,'

'That doesn't matter. Some spirits only see what they want to see,' Hermione answers.

'So, you're saying this...Greeley, he took my husband? Oh, god,'

'Molly, look, we're gonna help, all right? But first, you got to help us,' Sam tells her.

'Help you? How?'

Molly leads Sam, Dean and Hermione towards a cabin where she saw Greeley for the first time.

'This is it. This is where is saw him,' Molly tells them.

'Must have been his hunting cabin,' Dean points out. He notices some vicious tolls handing and a bloodstained table. 'Huh. Seemed like a real sweet guy,'

'No markers or headstones outside,' Sam points out.

'You're looking for Greeley's grave?' Molly asks.

'Yeah,' Sam answers.

'Why?'

'So, we can dig up the corpse and salt and burn it,' Dean answers.

'Oh. Sure, naturally,'

'It's a way to get rid of a spirit,' Hermione explains.

'And that will save David?'

'Well, this is what will help both of you, provided there is a corpse to be found,' Sam answers.

'So, how do we find it?'

'I'm not sure. After Greeley died, his wife claimed the body. And that was the last anyone saw of her. So good guess she brought him back here. But they had a thousand acres. He could be buried anywhere on them,'

'So, this is really what you guys do? You're like Ghostbusters?'

'Yeah,'

'Minus the jumpsuits,' Dean points out. 'This is a fascinating conversation and all, but this highway is only haunted once a year, and we got till sun-up to wrap this thing up. What do you say we move it along, okay? Great,'

They go outside and continue their search.

'What are we looking for?' Molly asks.

'Greeley's house. Maybe he's buried there. Look for roads or paths or something. Stay close,' Sam tells her.

'Yeah. Okay?'

'Molly? Molly, help me. Molly?' A voice screams.

'David? David? David!' Molly goes after the voice. Greeley suddenly appears and grabs her.

Dean points his shotgun at Greeley. 'Whoops,' He shoots Greeley in the head and he disappears.

'Hey! Are you all right?' Sam asks as he and Hermione run towards them.

'What has that son of a bitch done with my husband?'

'Just take it easy, all right? You're gonna see David again. You will,'

'Hey!' Dean shouts as he points towards something ahead of them. 'Follow the creepy brick road,'

'Go ahead,' Sam gestures towards Molly.

'That thing shoots rock salt?' Molly asks.

'Yep,'

'And plain salt keeps away spirits?'

'Simple remedies are always the best. In most cultures, salt is a symbol of purity, so it repels impure and unnatural things. Same reason you throw it over your shoulder,'

They round the corner and notice a creepy house.

'You know, just once I'd like to round the corner and see a nice house,' Dean points out. Sam and Molly enter the house as Dean and Hermione stay outside to look around. Dean and Hermione enter the house again.

'Any headstones outside?' Sam asks.

'Yeah, right. Is it ever that easy?' Dean answers.

'I guess not,'

'You two check upstairs. See if you can find any notes or records telling us where he's buried. I'll just check down here with Hermione,' Sam and Molly go upstairs.

'It feels wrong lying,' Hermione points out.

'I know but it needs to done,' Dean answers. After checking the downstairs Dean and Hermione move upstairs towards Molly and Sam.

'Well, they weren't evil people, you know? A lot of them were good. Just...Something happened to them. Something they couldn't control,' Sam tells Molly as Dean and Hermione get upstairs.

'Sammy is always getting a little J. Love Hewitt when it comes to things like this. Me, I don't like them. And I sure as hell ain't making apologies for them. There is nothing downstairs. You find anything?' Dean says from the doorway.

'Uh, just about every piece of mail or receipt they ever had. Looked through a couple, but nothing about a grave so far,' Sam answers. Dean walks over towards a wall and starts investigating it. 'What?'

'There is something behind here,' He answers as he tosses his flashlight to Sam. 'Here,' He moved a cabinet aside, revealing a small hidden door. He pokes at it. 'It's locked from the inside,' He turns around and throws a back kick at the door, which does nothing. He looks surprised, then braces himself and kicks harder. The door falls inward. They crawl through. Once in the room they brush away cobwebs to stand up. 'It smells like an old lady in here,' Dean points out. He walks further down and finds a corpse hanging by the neck from the ceiling. 'And that would explain why. Well, now we know why nobody ever saw her again,'

'She didn't want to live without him,' Molly points out.

Sam picks up a chair as if to take down the corpse. 'Dean, give me a hand,'

'Really?' Dean asks.

'What are you going to do?' Molly asks.

'We can't leave her like this,' Sam responds.

'Why not?' Dean asks.

'She deserves to be put to rest, Dean,' Dean finally agrees. Sam stands on the chair and begins to cut through the rope as Dean steadies the corpse.

'Son of a...' Dean says at the smell of the corpse.

Sam and Dean are outside of the house digging a grave for Mrs. Greeley.

'So...So, if you manage to put Greeley to rest, too...What happens to them?' Molly asks.

'Lady, that answer is way beyond our pay grade,' Dean answers.

'You hunt these things, but you don't know what happens to them?'

'Well, they never come back. That's all that matters,'

Hermione notices that the answer has not satisfied her yet. 'After they let go of whatever is keeping them here, they...they move on. I hope someplace better, but we don't know. No one does,'

'What happens when you burn their bones?'

'Umm...Well, my dad used to say that was like death for ghosts, you know? But...The truth is, we still don't know. Not for sure,' Sam answers as he looks to Dean. 'Guess that's why we all hold on to life so hard. Even the dead. We're all just scared of the unknown,'

'The only thing I'm scared of is losing David. I have to see him again. I have to,'

Molly is pacing in one room, looking through the photo album. Sam, Dean and Hermione are waiting in another room nearby.

Sam sighs. 'I think we should tell her about her husband,'

'We can't,' Dean responds.

'Dean, it's cruel, letting her pine for him like this. I don't like keeping her in the dark,'

'It's for her own good,' Dean gets up. 'Man, I know you feel guilty, all right? But let's just stick to the plan. Let's get her out of here. Then we'll tell her,'

'Tell me what? What aren't you telling me? It's about David. You know what happened to him,' Molly asks.

'Molly—'

'Sam, don't,'

'Don't what? Don't tell me because I'll mess up your hunt? You don't care about me or my husband,'

'That's not true,' Sam responds.

'Really? Then whatever it is, tell me, please,' Molly pleads. Somewhere in the house a radio turns on. First there is static before the song House of the Rising Sun begin to play. 'He's coming,'

'Stay with her,' Dean says to Sam. Dean and Hermione move cautiously towards the sound. They uncover a dusty radio that has powered itself on. He crouches down and finds a broken, frayed power cord. They hear another noise and go towards the front door. It frosts over and the words 'SHE'S MINE' appear in the frost. Dean and Hermione start to run back towards the room after they heard glass shattering and screaming.

'He's got Molly!' Sam shouts as Dean and Hermione run back into the room. They leap out through the window and chase them through the woods. After a couple seconds they lose sight of them, and return to the house.

'This guy is persistent,' Dean points out.

'We got to find Molly,'

'We got to find Greeley's bones,'

'Guys, no pressure or anything, but we got less than two hours before sunrise,' Hermione points out.

'Hey,' Sam says as he looks through the photo album.

'What do you got?' Dean asks.

'February 6, 1992,' Sam reads for the caption on a photograph.

'That was like two weeks before the accident, wasn't it?'

'Yeah. I mean, it looks like the hunting cabin, but...I swear there is a tree right where they're standing. I should've thought of it,'

'What?'

'It's an old country custom, Dean,' Sam starts.

'Planting a tree as a grave marker,' Hermione finishes.

'You two are like walking encyclopaedias of weirdness,'

'Yeah. We know,' Sam responds.

Sam, Dean and Hermione approach the cabin from the outside, carrying shovels besides Hermione.

'Go get Molly,' Sam tells Dean. As Dean heads inside, Sam and Hermione begin to dig around the tree. Greeley approaches Molly when Dean takes a shot, his head exploding in a shotgun burst.

'Oh, thank god,'

'Yeah, call me Dean,' Greeley appears behind Dean, who turns around to face him. Greeley gestures and Dean cries out as a cut appears on his cheek. 'This guy is really pissing me off,' Greeley gestures again and Dean flies backward, slamming against the wall. Outside of the barn Sam is digging feverishly. He hits something hard. As he looks down it where bones. 'Hurry up, Sam!' Dean shouts from inside. Dean is still struggling against the wall. Greeley reaches out, and a knife flies into his hand. 'You know I also know someone who can do that. So, you are not that special,' Sam empties a box of salt into the open grave. Greeley approaches Dean with the knife. Hermione points her wand at the bones with a simple spell they catch fire. Greeley freezes and rears back in pain, screaming. He bursts into flames and disappears. The knife falling to the floor.

Dean, Sam, Hermione and Molly approach the Impala. Dean pats it lovingly.

'Oh, baby, it's been a long night,' he tells the car. Dean drops his bag in the back, then climbs into the driver's seat. Sam opens the back door for Molly.

'All right. Let's get you out of here,' he tells her.

'I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what happened to my husband,'

'Molly...' Sam tries.

'All this time...I've been looking for him, and you knew that...you knew what Greeley killed him, didn't you? He's dead,'

'No, Molly. David is alive,' Hermione answers.

'What? You're sure?'

'I'm sure. We'll take you to him. Come on,' Sam tells her. Smiling in relief, Molly gets in the car.

They pull up in front of a nice suburban home. The lights are on inside.

'He's in that house, right there,' Sam explains.

'I don't understand,'

'You will,' They get out. She approaches the window and sees David inside. He was wearing a bathrobe, and he was pouring a cup of coffee.

'That's...not...It can't be,' Sam, Dean and Hermione are watching Molly. David looks up and a woman in a bathrobe comes up to him, kissing him on the lips. 'What's happening?' She turns to Sam, Dean and Hermione. 'Who is that?'

'That's David's wife,' Sam answers. Molly turns around to look at the house again, then back to Sam and Dean. 'I'm sorry, Molly. 15 years ago, you and your husband hit Jonah Greeley with your car. David survived,'

'What are you saying?'

'We're saying there isn't just one spirit haunting Highway 41. There are two. Jonah Greeley and you,' Dean answers.

'For the past 15 years, one night a year you've been appearing on that highway,' Sam ads.

'No, that's not possible. It was our anniversary...February 22nd—'

'1992,' Sam finishes.

'Yes,'

'Molly, it's 2007,' Hermione answers.

'Oh, god,'

'All right. Tell me about Highway 41,' Dean asks towards Sam as they and Hermione were sitting in the Impala.

'12 accidents over 15 years. Five of them fatal, all of them happening on the same night,'

'So, what are we looking at...Interstate dead zone? Phantom hitchhiker?'

'Not quite. Year after year, witnesses said the same thing made them crash. A woman appearing in the middle of the road, being chased by a man covered in blood,' Hermione responds.

'Two spooks?'

Sam, Dean and Hermione are in de library. They had found an old newspaper article referring to the fateful night of February 22nd. Were a Molly and Jonah Greeley had lost their lives.

'Now, where is Molly buried?' Dean asks.

'She...she wasn't buried anywhere. She was cremated,' David tells them.

'So much for burning her bones,' Dean says towards Sam as they leave the house.

'Yeah, but then what's keeping her here,'

'Some spirits only see what they want,' Hermione answers.

Molly runs out onto the road, stopping the Impala.
'Stop! Stop!' The Impala stops. 'You have to help me!'

'Dean, I don't think she knows she's dead,' Sam tells him.

'Please!' Molly bangs on Sam's car window. 'Open up! Please!'

'Okay, okay! All right, all right. Just calm down. Tell us what happened,'

'What are you gonna tell her?' Dean asks Sam as they were standing by the road with Hermione.

'The truth?'

'She's going to take off running in the other direction,'

'And Greeley?' Molly asks as they were standing in front of David's house.

'Each year he punishes somebody for his death...ah, chasing them. Torturing them. And each year, that somebody is you,' Sam answers.

'But I don't remember any of it,'

'Because you couldn't see the truth, Molly,' Hermione explains.

'So, that's why he won't let me off the highway. Because....I killed him. I killed us both,' Molly takes a seat on the steps. 'Why didn't you tell me when you first saw me? Why wait until now?'

'You wouldn't have believed us,' Dean answers.

'And you needed me for bait,' Molly says to Dean with an accusing tone.

'Well, we needed you,' Sam responds.

'David,'

'Molly, we brought you here so you could move on,'

'I have to tell him—'

'Tell him what? That you love him? That you're sorry? Molly, he already knows that. Look, if you want to go in there, we're not going to stop you,'

'Yeah, but you are gonna freak him right out. For life,' Dean ads.

'David has already said his good byes, Molly. Now it's your turn. This is your unfinished business,'

'What am I supposed to do?' Molly asks.

'Just...let go. Of David. Of everything. You do that...we think you'll move on,'

'But you don't know where,' Molly says as she started to cry.

'No. But Molly, you don't belong here. Haven't you suffered long enough? It's time. It's time to go,' Molly nods sadly, then steps slowly away from the house. She turns her face upwards as the first light of dawn creeps over the rooftops. Bathed in light, she becomes part of the light and vanishes.

'I guess she wasn't so bad...for a ghost. You think she's really going to a better place?' Dean asks.

'I hope so,'

'I guess we'll never know. Not until we take the plunge ourselves, huh?'

'Doesn't really matter, Dean. Hope is kind of the whole point,'

'All right, Haley Joel,' Dean smacks him on the shoulder. 'Let's hit the road,' They cross the road and get back in the Impala as a light rain begins to fall.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

5.9K 187 25
(Y/n) needs a night off after almost being jumped by two vampires so she heads to the closest bar. She meets a handsome, mysterious man and they imme...
391 1 5
When Dean goes to Sam's house to get his help after their dad goes missing, he finds something that he never expected -a baby girl and daughter of At...
382 43 14
After learning about the prophecy the brothers and the girls split up to take a break and be with their significant other. At first everything seems...
61.8K 1.1K 23
Sam Winchester and Hermione Granger became best friends at Stanford. On one night Dean came to their apartment asking for Sam's help. When Sam left H...