Uncertainty - Stiles Stilinsk...

By theresathanya

Amber's life turned upside down. One night changed everything. It all changed nine years ago. She eventually... More

Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
ninteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
Epilogue

thirty-four

7.2K 182 50
By theresathanya

"What do you mean a friend?" I asked Allison as we were about to meet up with Stiles. "Ms.Morrell said it's like the wolf. The kanima is a social creature but where the wolf seeks a pack, the kanima seeks a friend" she explained again.

"Like a teenager..." I mumbled and Allison agreed. "Like a teenager."

"So does it mean that it could be one of us? I mean Lydia or Jackson?" I asked as I realized that the supernatural once again destroyed a young life.

"We better find Lydia now and get her out of school before Derek finds her" Allison suggested and waited for me to agree.

"Do we have to include Jackson in all of this?" I asked as we walked through the hallways. "Why?" Allison said.

"Haven't you thought about it? Why would Derek test Jackson?" I questioned her but Allison wasn't sure about it. "Because Derek bit Jackson. Derek bit Jackson, hoping that he would die. Peter said the bite either kills you or turns you but nothing happened, right? Lydia's immune and what if somehow she passed it on to Jackson?"

Allison stopped and stared at me. She was thinking about my theory. "You're right. You're totally right. We have to get Jackson! You have to get him. I'll go and find Lydia."

I nodded and searched everywhere for Jackson. But instead of finding him, I found my boyfriend. "Who are you searching for?" Stiles asked as I nearly ran past him.

"Jackson" I replied and grabbed his hand. "And you are going to help me."

Stiles groaned but he eventually joined me. "And why are we searching for him?"

"You'll find out sooner or later."

"Jackson!" I shouted as I found him an hour later after our history class ended.

"What?" he asked stressed. "You have to help us" I said but Jackson rolled his eyes and turned around, ready to walk away.

"It's Lydia!" I added and watched him as he stopped. "You have to help us and keep her safe from Derek and his pack."

"And why should I care?" he asked.

"Because I know that you still care for her. You still love her. I can see it in your eyes" I mumbled and looked at Stiles who stared at me the whole time. I gave him a heart warming smile and got one back. But I guess, his smile never meant the same as mine.

"Okay. I'm in. What do I have to do?" he asked as he willed to help us. "Keep Derek away from her" I said.

"Why?" Jackson asked, not knowing what happened during chemistry. "Because he think's that she's the kanima. He tested her just like he did with you and she failed. Now we have to safe her until we find a way to prove Derek wrong."

"And how?"

I sighed, not knowing what our plan was. "We don't know, yet. But you have to trust us, okay? Jackson, you have to trust us this time."

Jackson nodded. I smiled and told him to find Lydia and meet us at 4pm, which was in fifty minutes, in front of the janitor's office. Once again, he nodded and walked away. I turned around and faced Stiles who wasn't sure what he was willing to. He gave me an asking look and waited for me to explain it.

"Alright, I think that Lydia might passed the immunity to Jackson" I said.

"What?" Stiles asked.

"Derek bit Jackson but nothing happened. He never became a werewolf that's why Derek tested him but Jackson reacted to the venom and was paralyzed. Derek tested Lydia because she never became a werewolf, too, after Peter bit her and she failed the test. What if Lydia passed her immunity to Jackson?" I explained.

"Do you mean, you think that it's still Jackson?" Stiles asked.

I nodded just as the bell rang. I kissed Stiles goodbye and ran to my last class.

"If we're doing a study ground, why didn't we just stay in the library?" Lydia asked as we dragged her out of school. Stiles came up with the idea to tell her that we were doing a study group.

"Because we're meeting up with somebody else" Stiles replied.

"Hm... well, why don't they just meet us in the library?"

"Oh, that would've been a great idea. Too late" Stiles mumbled and looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders and pushed Lydia quicker through the hallways.

"Okay, hold on-" Lydia started but Jackson interrupted her. "Lydia, shut up and walk!" Jackson grabbed her arm and dragged her away from us, over to Stiles' car.

Lydia, Jackson and Allison crushed in the back while I enjoyed being shotgun. Stiles hoped in and started the engine.

"Where are we even going?" Lydia asked after a while.

"To Scott" Allison replied as Stiles turned the last corner left and parked the car on the sidewalk. I hoped out of the car and helped Allison, Lydia and Jackson out of the back. Stiles waited for us and locked the car before he grabbed Lydia's arm and dragged her away.

"If we're studying at Scott's hours, then where's Scott?" she asked.

"Meeting us here, I think. I hope" Stiles answered and opened the door with his key.

"Thank you" I said again to Jackson for joining us. "I need to talk to her anyway" he replied and got in Scott's house.

Stiles closed the door and locked it twice while Lydia gave him a strange look. "Uh, there's been a few break-ins around the neighborhood" he lied and looked around. He grabbed the nearest chair and blocked the door. "And a murder."

I rolled my eyes and couldn't believe what he was doing. "Yeah, it was bad" Stiles said as he saw our looks.

I thought that it was time for Jackson to talk to her now before Derek could find us and signified Jackson the way upstairs. He groaned first but eventually, he asked for Lydia. "Lydia, follow me. I need to talk to you for a minute."

"Seriously? What is going on with everyone?" Lydia asked as they walked away.

"Alright, so what should we do now?" Stiles asked.

"We just wait for Scott and watch out for Derek" I suggested. Allison nodded. "I watch the back!" She grabbed her crossbow and walked into the kitchen. I bit my lip and sat down on the floor in front of the window.

"What if we are wrong and Lydia is the kanima?" I mumbled.

Stiles sat next to me and placed his hand on my back. "Lydia's not the kanima. I'm sure. We will find a way to prove Derek that it's not Lydia, okay?"

I nodded and leaned my head on his shoulder while he pulled me closer to him. „We didn't really had some quality time alone" he laughed. I joined him and stared at his lips. "We will have some time soon, I think."

"Hey! You two down there!" Allison said as she walked over to us. "Saw anything?"

"No. Everything's fine" I replied. "Same here. I don't think that they know where we are. It's getting dark soon so I don't think that they will do anything now."

"Don't say that! Werewolves love the nights. We love the dark" I added and stood up. "We don't know what Derek and his pack is up to at night. I don't even know where they stay. He's not living in his old house anymore."

"You're right. I'll be back there" Allison muttered and walked away.

I nodded and pushed the curtain away. "Allison?" I mumbled as I saw four figures standing in the dawn outside. "I think we need you here."

"What is wrong?" Allison asked and stood next to me.

"Derek's here."

"I think... I think I have to call my dad" Allison whispered after she called Scott.

Stiles shook his head. "No, but if he finds you here... you and Scott..."

"I know. But what are we supposed to do? They're not here to scare us, okay? They're here to kill Lydia" Allison replied.

"That's it! I'm going outside!" I said and unlocked the door but Stiles grabbed my hand. "No!"

"Yes, Stiles! I can heal okay. It's fine. Erica, Isaac and Boyd have no chance against me!" I protested. 

"But Derek has! He's going to kill you first and I don't want to to get killed, okay?! I need you, Amber!" Stiles shouted at me.

I yanked my hand back and stared at him in disbelief. He never really shouted at me before. But I wasn't angry at him for yelling at me. I was angry at me. Angry for thinking that he would never feel this way.

"I'm so sorry... I'm sorry, Am. I really am" Stiles excused himself but I shook my head. "No. No, I am. It's okay. It's fine."

"Guys, we should do something!" Allison interrupted us as she looked outside. I sighed and stood behind her.

No one of us knew what to do or what to say until Stiles broke the silence. "I got an idea! Shoot one of them!"

"Are you serious?!" Allison whispered while her heart beat began to increase.

"We told Scott we could protect ourselves and I'm not letting Amber get killed, so let's do it. Or at least give it a shot, right?"

"Okay" Allison stammered. Stiles nodded. "Look, they don't think we're gonna fight, so if one of them gets hit, I guarantee they'll take off. So just shoot one of 'em."

Allison grabbed the curtain and pushed it aside as she watched outside. "Which one?"

"Uh-Derek. Yeah, shoot him, preferably in the head" Stiles replied.

"If Scott was able to catch an arrow, Derek definitely can" I groaned.

"Okay, right. Right. Uh, just shoot one of the other three then" Stiles implied. "Yeah, go for Erica. She's into Stiles!" I demanded and I looked outside, staring into her eyes.

"You mean two?" Allison corrected Stiles but Stiles broke in. "No, I mean three." He watched outside just like Allison and realized that one was missing. "Where's Isaac?"

Allison stepped backwards, just like Stiles and I did and held her crossbow in front of her. At the back of the hall, I heard something, so I turned around and saw Isaac running to us. I stood in front of Stiles and Allison and howled at Isaac, feeling the heat inside of my head.

"Don't you dare kill one of my friends!" I growled and grabbed his shoulders, ready to tackle him to the ground, which I did but somehow Isaac manage to get out of my grip and ran over to Allison, pushing her away. He then grabbed Stiles' collar and threw him through the room.

"Allison!" I screamed. "Go to Lydia!"

Allison nodded and ran away while I got my claws out and cut Isaac's back. Isaac let go from Stiles and turned around. "Get away!" he ordered but I shook my head. Isaac howled once more before he ran to me but I manage to dodge and grabbed his ankle, throwing him against the nearest wall. At the corner of my eyes, I saw someone blonde running up the stairs and I knew that it was Erica.

"ALLISON!" I screamed to get her some time.

Isaac on the other hand tried to stand up but I kicked him again and he fell back down to the ground and hit his head pretty hard on the table. In the next second someone else rushed through the back door and stopped next to me. Scott.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah" I replied and beat him once more, knocking him out. "Just had to finish what I started."

Scott smiled and helped Stiles up who was still on the ground next to the unconscious Isaac.

"Where's Allison?" Scott asked as he realized that she wasn't with us.

"I'm here" she replied before she appeared. Scott smiled and ran to her, wrapping his arms tight around her body. "You're safe."

Stiles came up to me and grabbed my hand, and turned my head around so I could face him. "Are you okay?"

"I am. But are you fine? You hit your head pretty hard" I answered and placed my hand on his cheek. He nodded and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"Erica is upstairs paralyzed, we better get her out before the venom wears off" Allison suggested after I pulled away from Stiles.

We agreed and Stiles and I dragged Erica downstairs while she threatened us to make our life hell when the venom wears off. I threw her out of the house and Scott threw Isaac out. Both of them landed in front of Derek and Boyd.

All of us stepped outside and faced Derek for the first time tonight.

"I think I'm finally getting why you two keep refusing me. You're not omegas, you are already the alphas of your own pack but you know you can't beat me" Derek said cold.

"I can hold you off until the cops get here!" Scott replied as we all heard the sirens in the background. Derek seemed to be afraid first but he eventually played it off until his eyes widened. 

"What's wrong?" I asked but my question got its answer from alone. Something was on the roof of the house and all of us backed away. We looked up to the roof and there it was. The kanima.

It was looking straight back at us and hissed before it ran away. It was there all time. It was in there with us.

"Would someone please tell me what the hell is going on!" Lydia fumed after she joined us.

Lydia. Lydia was here. And the kanima just ran away. Lydia wasn't the kanima. Stiles was right. Lydia's innocent.

"It's Jackson" I mumbled

"I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier that night, Amber. It wasn't supposed to be that loud. I didn't think before I talked and I am sorry" Stiles excused himself again, for the fourth time this night. I rolled my eyes and faced him.

We sat outside on the balcony at my place with tea cups in our hands and a blanket on top of us. Stiles didn't want to leave me for the night and I enjoyed his company. I always did.

"Stiles, for the fourth time, it's okay. I told you before it's oka-"

"No it's not, Am. You don't understand. I was too afraid to lose you. I couldn't even think straight. All I could think about was you being killed in front of my eyes and I don't want that to happen. I can't be without you anymore. You changed my life and I don't think that I can live when you don't."

"Stiles" I whispered and placed my hand on his cheek. I slowly leaned in and connected our lips.

At the end of the day, faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don't really expect it. It's like one day you realize the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed of. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. And it's not so important that it's happy ever after just that it's happy right now. See once in a while, once in a blue moon people will surprise you. And once in a while people will take your breath away.

"I think I'm in love with you, Amber."

Edited 01/27/17

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

995K 23.8K 54
|Book One of The Control Series| *EDITING* ❝ I'm bigger than my body, I'm colder than this home, I'm meaner than my demons, I'm bigger than th...
956K 30.2K 37
CAN I TRUST YOU? "Are you sure you're okay? I called, like, twice." "Yeah, I guess I was just off in my own little world." ••• Katherine Stilinski wa...
2.8M 86K 39
[COMPLETED] ❝ we need someone to replace blake and i think we should give her a chance. ❞ ❝ spence, she's a criminal. ❞ the four horsemen had earned...
491K 8K 111
This is a complete Teen Wolf rewrite of all six seasons written to include my character, Addy McCall. There is also a mini wintertime series taking...