Legend

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Swashbuckling tales of pirates had always intrigued Jackie for as long as she could remember. Pirate ships ha... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
Jacqueline
Season One
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
Season Two
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Season Three
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Book Two

18

73 5 1
By TheQuietHufflepuff

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Regina was in her office, fiddling with a ring. She held it to her lips when Mr. Gold entered.

"Remembrance of things past?" Mr. Gold questioned.

"What do you want?" Regina asked.

"I need a favor."

"You need a favor from me?"

ONE WEEK AGO

"Well, as you know, there are battery charges against me... pending. I really don't relish the thought of spending any more time locked up in a cage. Now, someone with your influence can make the D.A. suddenly realize what a flimsy case they have. Isn't that right... Your Majesty?"

"What do I get out of it?"

"Help with your Mary Margaret problem. You see, I've noticed that no matter how hard you seem to try to stop them, she and her 'charming' friend just keep finding ways to be together."

"What are you suggesting?"

"If you want to inflict pain... Then you must inflict pain. If something tragic were to happen to David's wife, and if Mary Margaret should take the blame-"

"She'd be ruined."

"And you'd have your victory, at last."

"A trial could be very messy."

"A trial? Who said anything about a trial? Now, once Miss Blanchard has been incarcerated, you can plant one of your lovely skeleton keys in her cell. And, once she tries to leave Storybrooke, well... We all know what happens to people who attempt to leave town."

"Give me one good reason why I should trust you."

"Because I always honor my agreements. Do we have a deal?"

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

A younger version of the Evil Queen was practicing horseback riding as Henry I watched. She jumped over several barricades, and came to a stop near her father. She got off and hugged him.

Henry I said, "That's beautiful, sweetheart.

"Thank you, Daddy," the Evil Queen replied.

Cora approached them, while Daniel, who was holding a saddle, trailed behind her and said, "Beautiful? I'd hardly call that beautiful."

"You didn't like it, Mother?"

"You ride like a man. A lady should be graceful. You should use a saddle."

"I was just having fun."

"Well, you're getting a little old for fun. Who's going to want to marry you when you behave like a commoner?"

LHoney, please leave her alone, " Henry I said.

"Stop coddling her. She's becoming an old maid. All the other girls her age are married. I had such high hopes."

"Milady, perhaps this saddle-" Daniel was cut off.

"I'm done riding for the day," the Evil Queen decided. "And don't ever interrupt me and my mother again." The Evil Queen handed over her horse to Daniel, who led the horse away. "Why do you always have to criticize me?"

"I'm not criticizing you – I'm helping you," Cora told her as the Evil Queen wentto leave. "Don't you walk away from me." Cora used her magic to lift the Evil Queen off of the ground and bring her closer.

"Mother! You know I don't like it when you use magic."

"And I don't like insolence. I'll stop using magic, when you start being an obedient daughter."

"Why can't I just be myself?"

"Oh, because you can be so much more. If you'd just let me help you..."

"I don't care about status. I just want to be-" Cora magically wrapped the reins around the Evil Queen, cutting off her air supply.

"Cora, please.," Henry I begged.

"Please... I'll be good, " the Evil Queen said.

"Excellent," Cora replied. "That's all I wanted to hear."

---

In the stable, Daniel was brushing one of the horses. The Evil Queen entered after her encounter with her mother.

"Daniel. I'm sorry I snapped at you, " the Evil Queen apologized.

"That's all right," Daniel replied. "You'll just have to find some way to make it up to me" They kissed.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Emma left Granny's Diner when David called out to her. They talked as they walked to her car.

"Emma. Hey," David called.

"David, I don't have time," Emma said.

"No, I-I understand. It's Mary Margaret. How's she doing?"

"How do you think she's doing?"

"Well, I think the last time we spoke, she didn't quite get what I meant."

"Oh, you mean that you basically told her you thought she might be guilty?"

"Look, it's this situation. It's been confusing and horrible for everyone. But, Emma, I don't think she's guilty. I need her to know that. Can I see her?"

"She doesn't want visitors."

"You mean me. She doesn't want to see me."

"Honestly David. I'm sure your heart is in the right place, but the last thing she needs right now is words of encouragement from you."

"What does she need?"

"A miracle."

SHERIFF STATION

Mary Margaret was sleeping in her cell. When she woke, she saw Regina watching her.

"They say only the guilty sleep in prison," Regina said.

Mary Margaret frowned. "What are you doing here? Where's Emma?"

"She hasn't arrived yet. I just wanted to stop by to offer you a chance. A chance to spare yourself and this town the messiness of a trial. The chance to confess."

"But I didn't kill Kathryn. Why won't anyone believe me?"

"The murder weapon was found in your apartment, your fingerprint was on the box containing Kathryn's heart... Shall I go on? Why not, for once, make it easier on everyone? Because confession or not, you're leaving Storybrooke."

"And you like that. Why? Why do you take such pleasure in this? What did I ever do to you to make you hate me so much?"

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

By horseback, the Evil Queen met with Daniel in a field. She got off to greet him.

"I thought we could take a ride to Firefly Hill," Daniel said. "We can make it by sundown, have a picnic-"

"I can't," the Evil Queen told him. "I have to be back in an hour – tea time. A lady never misses her tea time."

"This is absurd. Stealing kisses between lunch and tea? When are you going to tell your parents about us?"

"It's not my parents. It's her."

"I don't understand. So, I work in the stables. She started out as the daughter of a miller. Wouldn't she, of all people, understand?"

"She does. But... But, she thinks one's trajectory needs to keep moving up and..."

"And I'm down."

"She believes that, Daniel. I know better."

"Regina, tell her. She'll get over it. What can she do?"

"Have you not seen her magic? Th-The real question is, what can't she do?"

"Who cares about magic? True love is the most powerful magic of all. It can overcome anything."

A distressed voice, Snow White, called out. "Help!"

"Shh," the Evil Queen said. "Someone's here."

A younger Snow White flww past them on an out of control horse as she said, "Somebody, help me!" The Evil Queen got on her horse and chased after Snow White. "Come on, please, stop! Help me! Help! Help me! Please help me!"

The Evil Queen eventually caught up with the runaway horse. She extended her hand to Snow White and said, "Give me your hand!"

Snow White took the Evil Queen's hand, who then pulled her onto her own horse. Snow White's former horse continued to run, while the Evil Queen's came to a stop. Snow White tumbled off the horse and the Evil Queen went to assist her.

"It's okay, dear," the Evil Queen reassured. "You're safe."

"You saved my life," Snow White said.

"Are you all right?"

"Yes. But I'll never ride again."

"Nonsense. The only way to overcome fear is to face it. To get back on that horse as soon as possible."

"Thank you."

"Regina."

"I'm Snow. Snow White." She hugged her.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT - SHERIFF STATION

Regina left and soon, Emma and Mr. Gold entered, while in the midst of an argument.

"A pretrial interview with the prosecution?" Emma said. "Explain to me how that is a good idea."

"The D.A. merely wishes to ask Miss Blanchard a few questions," Mr. Gold replied.

"She's done answering questions. And why are we kissing up to the D.A.? Why aren't we going after Regina? She's the one who's setting up Mary Margaret."

"And what proof do we have of that, Sheriff? Just because you found the Mayor's skeleton key in the cell, doesn't mean we can prove she put it there."

"So, what's your plan?"

"I believe our best chance of winning this case is to employ our most valuable asset."

"What's that?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Well, that's you, dear. A sweet, kind, elementary school teacher. Doesn't exactly fit the prototype of a killer, now, does it?"

Emma narrowed her eyes. "That's how you're going to get acquitted? By using her personality?"

"Perception is everything, Miss Swan -- not just in the courtroom, but in life. As such, I'm sure you can imagine how the jury would perceive Miss Blanchard, if she agreed to cooperate with the District Attorney. These things engender trust. It shows the jury she's at least trying-"

Sidney entered with a vase of flowers and interrupted the conversation. "Emma? Oh, I'm sorry to interrupt. I just, uh, came by to drop these off. I thought they might brighten the place up." He went into Emma's office and set the vase down.

Emma joined him. "What did you find?"

"Nothing. I-I'm sorry, Emma. I tried, I really did. I looked into her phone records. I talked to the people at the Toll Bridge. But look, what can I say? Regina knows how to cover her tracks."

"What about the murder weapon? You find anything tying her to that?"

"From what I can tell, she never bought or owned a hunting knife."

"That's all you were able to uncover?"

"Don't worry -- I'm going to keep digging. And I won't stop until I do find something."

Sidney left and Emma returned to Mr. Gold and Mary Margaret.

"I'm going to do it," Mary Margaret decided. "I'm going to talk to the D.A."

"Are you sure?" Jackie asked as she entered.

"Mr. Gold's right. I know I have nothing to hide, but no one else does. I need to let people see me for who I am."

The D.A. Albert Spencer and Regina entered.

"Excellent decision, Miss Blanchard," Albert said. "My name is Spencer. I'm the District Attorney. Shall we begin?"

Mary Margaret nodded. "Yeah."

Mary Margaret, Mr. Gold, and Albert were in an interrogation room. Regina and Emma watched from behind a large window and listened to the conversation through a speaker.

"After she learned about your affair, Missus Nolan, the deceased, came to your school to confront you. Is that correct?" Albert questioned.

"She was hurt, and she felt betrayed," Mary Margaret replied.

"She struck you... In the face, was it?"

"Yes, but-"

"That must've made you angry."

"You... You don't have to answer that," Mr. Gold told her.

"No, it's okay," Mary Margaret said. "I was not angry. I was sorry for all the pain I had caused her."

"Miss Blanchard, this is not a courtroom," Albert informed. "I'm not here to judge you. You can be honest with me."

"Shall we end this?" Mr. Gold questioned.

"I am being honest with you," Mary Margaret told him.

Albert frowned. "The wife of the man you loved humiliated you in a public forum. Surely, you must have felt some anger towards Kathryn?"

"Yes, I was angry-"

"And did you ever think about acting upon that anger?"

"Of course not."

"I have a hard time believing that."

"Wh... Why?"

"Because you wanted Kathryn Nolan gone."

"I never said that."

"All right. My client is answering no more questions for the day," Mr. Gold decided.

"Your client agreed to this interview because she claimed she had nothing to hide," Albert reminded Mr. Gold.

Mary Margaret shook her head. "I don't have anything to hide."

"Then, what is your answer? You wanted Kathryn gone, didn't you?"

"No."

"Even after she tried to keep you and David part? After she slapped you a pariah in your own town?"

"Yes, of course I wanted her gone. She was the only thing keeping us apart. So, yeah, I wanted her gone. Is that what you wanted to hear?"

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

The Evil Queen was dressed in her usual riding outfit. She checked herself over in the mirror, when Cora entered.

"No, this won't do," Cora said, magically engulfing the Evil Queen in a puff of purple smoke. When the smoke cleared, her riding outfit had been transformed into a gown and her hair had been let down.

"What are you doing?" the Evil Queen asked.

"We have a guest. He'll be here any moment."

"I can't. I have a riding lesson with Daniel."

"Well, that's been canceled. Now, smile. We don't want to disappoint him."

"Disappoint who?"

"The King."

"The King? Why is the King coming?"

"Because you've finally done something right. That little girl you saved? Is the King's daughter." Cora led the Evil Queen to where Henry I, King Leopold, and his escorts were waiting.

"Is that her?" King Leopold asked.

"Yes," Henry I replied. "Regina, honey, this is Snow White's father."

Cora bowed. The Evil Queen started to kneel, but King Leopold stopped her. "No. It is I who should bow to you. You saved my daughter's life. There is no way to repay that debt. It is an honor to meet you."

"Regina, dear, the King's honored to meet you," Cora said. "Say something."

"The honor is mine," the Evil Queen stated.

"You're quite lucky to have a mother who looks out for you," King Leopold said. "My dear Snow has many things, but a mother is not one of them. We lost her years ago."

"I'm so sorry."

"Since then, I have scoured the land looking for a wife. I've yet to find a woman with an interest in my daughter... Until now." King Leopold turned around and took a ring from one of his guards. He went down on one knee and proposes. "Will you marry me, Regina?"

Henry I silently shooj his head, but Cora ignored him and said, "Yes. Yes."

---

The Evil Queen abruptly entered the stables to find Daniel. "Daniel?" Daniel appeared. "Daniel!"

"What is it?" Daniel asked.

"Marry me."

"Regina, what are you doing? What's happened? Did you tell your mother?"

"No. Now, I can never tell her. She won't understand. That girl I saved... was the King's daughter. And now, he's proposed to me."

"What?"

"My mother accepted! The only way out is to run. For us to leave this place, for us to be married, for us to never come back."

"Regina... Do you understand what that would mean? Life with a stable boy is a far cry from a life as Queen."

"Being Queen means nothing. Daniel... All I care about is you."

"Then, if I am to marry you, we must do this properly." Daniel went to one of the saddles and unclips a ring. He put in on her ring finger. "Here." They kissed, but broke apart when a noise disturbed them. They saw Snow White at the entrance to the stables.

"Snow! Dear, what are you doing?"

"You said to get back on the horse and... What are you doing with him?" Snow White asked.

"Snow, I can explain." Snow White took off. "No, no, no. Snow! Snow!" The Evil Queen chased after Snow White through the forest. Snow White tripped and the Evil Queen caught up to her, who then tried to help her. "Snow! Snow! Wait! Snow! Snow! Are you okay?"

"No. No. Why were you kissing that man in the stable? You're to marry my father. You're to be my mother."

"Oh, Snow, please. Listen to me. Hey. Your father, King Leopold, he's a kind and fair man... But I don't love him."

"I don't understand. Why not?"

"Love doesn't work that way. Love, true love, is magic. And not just any magic – the most powerful magic of all. It creates happiness."

"And that man in the stables... You love him?"

"With all my heart."

"Then you must marry him. I will go tell Father right away." Snow White went to get up, but the Evil Queen stopped her.

"No, no, no, no. You can't."

"Why not? Surely he'll understand."

"Perhaps. But not everyone will. My mother, for one. She'll stand in the way."

"That's why you're running."

"It's the only way our love can survive. Snow, do you know what a secret is?" Snow White nodded. "If you really, truly want to help me..."

"I do."

"Then, what you saw, what I told you – you must keep it a secret. Can you do that?"

"I think so."

"I need you to be certain. You can never speak of this. And, above all, you mustn't tell my mother. Will you do that for me?"

"Yes, I promise."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT - PIER

Emma was sitting on a bench, reading through Henry's book. Jackie walked up, twirling a bottle of rum and sat next to Emma.

August walked up to them. "What are you two doing?"

"Grasping at straws," Emma replied.

"Still trying to find a way to prove your friend's been framed?"

"Every time I go down a path I think leads somewhere, it ends up being a dead end, it ends up being a dead end. I used to think I had these great instincts... Superpower. Ah, I don't know."

"It sounds like you got a case of writer's block. Only without the writing part."

"Maybe."

"You know, when I get struck by a block, I usually reread what I've done, rather than plow ahead blindly. Sometimes, I find there'll be a little nugget of inspiration left behind."

"You mean start over?" Jackie asked with a slightly teasing tone.

"I mean, when I start writing, I usually have one idea. And then, in the middle, I may get another idea, and things are different."

"So, your perspective changes," Emma said

"Exactly. When you started this investigation, what was it about?"

"A missing person. Then, it became a murder, and then a cover-up."

"If you knew that then, maybe you would have approached things differently."

Emma got up and August asked, "Where are you going?"

"Scene of the crime," Emma replied. "Jackie, come on."

"I'll drive." He followed her.

"No, we're fine."

"No, you're not. You haven't slept in days. And, let's be honest -- it was my idea."

August, Jackie and Emma drove on his motorcycle to the Toll Bridge. Jackie was on the handlebars; her idea, as she'd never turn away from a daring adventure. They walked down an incline to the spot under the bridge where the heart was found.

"Ruby found the box with the heart right over there, just by the shore," Emma said as August grimaced in pain.

"What's wrong?" Jackie and Emma asked.

August shook his head. "Nothing."

"It doesn't seem like nothing," Emma said. "Here, let me or Jackie look." She made a move to check on him.

"No, it's okay. It's just a shin splint. Just... let me walk it off. Sorry. I know this must be hard on you."

"Yeah, that's an understatement." She began clearing rocks away from the heart site.

"I don't know you that well, but, it seems to me, that aside from Henry, Mary Margaret's the closest thing to family you've got. It's okay to admit it."

"August, look." She pulled a piece of metal from the sand where the heart was buried.

"What is it?"

"It's a shard. From a shovel. Must've broken off when it hit a rock. If we can find the shovel that it broke off of, we can prove that Mary Margaret didn't bury the heart. We can prove that she's innocent."

"And I'm going to guess you know exactly whose shovel it is."

---

Henry faced his window and pretended to sleep. His door opened and closed moments later. Soon, he heard the shower start.

Henry spoke into his walkie-talkie. "The eagle is in the nest, and the package is secure."

"Henry. I left the code book at home," Emma told him.

"She's getting in the shower and the keys are under the mat."

---

Emma took the key from under the mat and she, Jackie and August entered the garage.

"Don't touch a thing," Emma warned.

Emma, Jackie and August searched Regina's garage with flashlights. Emma walked up to several shelters, finding one that was missing a piece in the corner.

She called August and Jackie over. "Hey."

August and Jackie joined her and Emma tested the shard they'd found. It was a perfect fit.

"We got her," Emma said.

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

Snow White was staring at the flowers in the castle. She reached out to touch one, but was stopped by Cora.

"Careful, sweetheart," Cora said. "A flower is a delicate thing. Be gentle. You want it to grow and not pluck it before its time."

"Sorry," Snow White apologized.

"It's all right. You needn't fear me. I'm only trying to help. Perhaps, you can be the flower girl at the wedding. I can already see how close you and Regina have become. She's going to make a fine mother for you." Cora led the two of them to a couch to sit.

"She is kind to me."

"Indeed. It warms my heart how you two share everything... Already. Perhaps, you could share something with me. Why has she pulled away from me?"

"What do you mean?"

"A mother knows her daughter. Regina's pulled away. I love her so much, but she's not letting me help her. And I... I know she's unhappy. Has she said something? I'd do anything to make her happy."

"You'd do anything?"

"Of course, dear. You know, I talked to the King about your mother. He told me how much she loved you. Losing her must've been so hard."

"It was."

"Hearing him, I realized he might as well have been talking about me and Regina. I don't want us to lose each other. If only I could show her how I feel. That, no matter what, all I want is her happiness." Snow White abruptly stood.

"Then, don't make her get married."

"I'm sorry?"

"She doesn't love my father. She loves someone else. She made me promise not to tell... But she'll lose you. She can't lose her mother. No one should."

"Oh, sweet Snow. It's all right. She won't lose me. You can tell me. You must tell me."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Emma knocked on Regina's door the next morning.

Regina answered. "Can I help you, Sheriff Swan?"

"Yes," Emma replied. "I need you to unlock the garage for me."

"And why would I do that?"

"Because I have a search warrant that says you have to." She handed Regina a piece of paper.

"On what grounds?"

Jackie held up a bag containing the metal shard. "We found this near where the heart was buried."

Emma nodded. "Figured whoever buried it might have left something behind. Then, I got an anonymous call from someone who said they saw you digging near the Toll Bridge the day the heart was found."

"An anonymous call?" Regina repeated.

"Yeah. Well, I can't control the fact they didn't leave a name. I suppose they didn't want to risk pissing you off."

"Hm."

"No, open the garage, or I'll find a way to do it myself."

Regina led Emma and Jackie to the garage. Emma went over to where she'd found the broken shovel, but found a shovel completely intact.

"Where is it?" Emma and Jackie demanded.

"Where is what, Sheriff?" Regina asked.

"You knew I was coming," Emma said. "You knew Jackie was coming."

"How on earth would I know that?"

"Mary Margaret is a good person. She doesn't deserve this."

"Miss Blanchard is a liar and a murderer. No matter what accusations you throw my way, that won't change. She's going to pay for what she's done That woman has destroyed the last life she is ever going to destroy."

Emma made her way to the inn and knocked on the door to August's room. Jackie had gone back to her bar.

August answered. "Hey."

"How could you do this?" Emma asked. "How could you do this to me? To Mary Margaret?"

"Whoa. Slow down. Do what?"

"The shovel was gone when I got there. Regina knew I was coming for it."

"You... You think that I told her?"

"You were the only other person who knew about it."

"I would hope that you would have enough faith to know that I would never betray you."

"Why should I? How do I know you're not lying about this? About everything?"

"I'm not a liar."

Emma pursed her lips. "That is exactly what a liar would say."

SHERIFF STATION

Mary Margaret was sitting in her cell with her head in her hands.

Regina entered and asked, "Having a bad day?"

"What are you doing here?" Mary Margaret asked.

"I wanted to see you while I can."

"What does that mean?"

"Simply, that the trial starts tomorrow, and it won't be a long one. And, you'll be sent out of Storybrooke for good, and I will never have to see you again. Oh, I want to enjoy this while I still can."

"Enjoy what?"

"Justice."

"Justice? Watching an innocent suffer?"

"You've always seen yourself that way, haven't you? Innocent."

"I am innocent! I don't know what this is about! I on't know what I ever did to you, but whatever it was, Regina... I'm sorry. I certainly am."

"Apology not accepted."

"Please. Don't do this to me. I don't deserve this. I did not kill Kathryn."

"Oh, I know."

Regina reached through the bars to stroke the side of Mary Margaret's face, then grabbed her chin. "But you do deserve this."

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

The Evil Queen, with a bag in tow, met Daniel at the stables.

"Are you ready?" Daniel asked.

"Let's go," the Evil Queen said. They went to leave, but ran into Cora at the entrance.

"You could've at least left a note," Cora said, producing a wave of magic and pushed the Evil Queen and Daniel back into the stable. She proceeded to shut all of the doors and locked them in.

"Mother, I-"

"Don't. You sneak out of my house in the dead of night, and think I won't notice? How dare you."

"You're impossible to talk to. Stop with the magic and listen to me. I want to be with Daniel."

"Oh, you don't know what you want. But I do. I didn't make the sacrifices I did in life, to get you to the cusp of greatness, so that you could end up the wife of a stable boy."

"But it's my life."

"You foolish girl. It's mine. After what I had to do... The deals, I had to make to get us out of poverty, to get us this life, and you just want to toss it away?"

"Stay strong, Regina," Daniel told her.

"Your magic can't keep us apart," the Evil Queen said. "I love him."

"And I love her."

"And I love her, too," Cora stated.

"If you loved me, you wouldn't try to keep us apart," the Evil Queen said.

"And if you loved me, you wouldn't try to run away."

"I'm sorry, but this is my happiness. We're going."

"No, you're not."

"So, what's your plan? You're going to keep us here forever? Because that's what you'll have to do."

"So, this is... Your decision? This will make you happy?"

"It already has."

"Then, who am I to stop you?"

The Evil Queen hugged Cora. "Thank you, Mother."

Cora took Daniel aside to talk to him. "Daniel. If you want to have a life together, a family... Then, there's one important lesson I can impart on you. It's what it means to be a parent. You always have to do what's best for your children."

"Thank you," Daniel replied. "I understand. Because that's what you're doing now."

"Yes. It is." Cora plunged her hand inside Daniel's chest.

"Mother!" the Evil Queen cried as Cora ripped out Daniel's heart. He fell to the ground and the Evil Queen rushes over to him. "No! No! No, no, no." Cora crushed Daniel's heart to dust. "Evil Queen: Mother, why have you done this?"

"Because this is your happy ending."

"What?"

"Oh, you have to trust me, Regina. I know best. Love is weakness, Regina. It feels real now. At the start, it always does. But, it's an illusion. It fades. And then, you're left with nothing. But power, true power, endures. And then, you don't have to rely on anyone to get what you want. I've saved you, my love."

"You've ruined everything. I loved him. I loved him!"

"Enough! I've endured this long enough. Now, clean yourself up, wipe away your tears, because now... You're going to be Queen."

---

The Evil Queen was being fitted for her wedding dress in her chambers.

Snow White entered and said, "Wow... You are most certainly the fairest of them all!"

"Thank you, dear," the Evil Queen replied.

"I hope for my wedding day I will be as beautiful."

"I'm sure you will be."

"I know you and Daniel will be so happy together."

"What?"

"Well, I just knew your mother would let you marry him. Once she knew how happy it'd make you, once she knew how much you love him. You have such a wonderful mother. She would do anything for your happiness."

"Snow... Did... Did you... tell her about me and Daniel?"

"Yes."

"But I... told you... very specifically not to.l

"I'm sorry. I just didn't want you to lose your mother. Like I've lost mine. Are you mad?"

"No. I'm not mad at all. You were just trying to help me. However, I'm not marrying Daniel. This dress is for your father."

"But... I thought... You were in love."

"So did I. But I was wrong. Daniel has run away. What I had with Daniel wasn't real. It was an infatuation. You see, that's the thing about love. It can come in the most unexpected places. Your father and I have something even more special, because it's not just about the two of us. It's about all of us. We're going to be a family."

"We are?"

"That's right. I'm going to be your stepmother, and I couldn't be happier."

"Me, too." Snow White hugged the Evil Queen.

Cora entered and said, "Snow. You need to go to your room and help with the packing. Your father wants you ready for the journey, and we're heading to your castle first thing in the morning."

"You're both going to love it there."

"I know we will." Snow White left Cora and the Evil Queen alone. "Well-played, dear. You're learning."

"I should change," the Evil Queen said. "I wouldn't want to ruin the dress before my big day."

"I am so proud of you."

"You knew the King was traveling through our land, didn't you? That steed with Snow on it... It didn't go wild on its own, did it?"

"I have no idea what you're saying."

The Evil Queen began to leave. "I should've let her die on that horse."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Regina left the station and fiddled with the ring Daniel gave her. She held it to her lips and whispered, "We got her, Daniel. We got her."

Still in the station, Mary Margaret was being handcuffed by the police. Emma and Mr. Gold watched.

"Mary Margaret..." Emma began as Mary Margaret was led out from the room.

Emma turned to Mr. Gold. "You told me you could fix this, that's why I came to you. So that you could make sure Regina didn't win."

"She hasn't, yet," Mr. Gold said.

"Well, she's going to. And now, my friend is going to pay for me trusting you."

"Look, Sheriff. I know this is emotional, but it's also not over. You must have faith. There's still time."

"Time for what?"

"For me to work a little magic."

Mr. Gold left and Emma went into her office, noticing Jackie who had her feet on the desk as She leaned back in the chaiemShe leaned against her desk, then picked out the vase of flowers Sidney had brought. She smashed it against the wall and noticed a wire tap among the debris.

"Dramatic, lass," Jackie said. "Everything all right?"

Emma nodded. "We were bugged."

Emma and Jackie made their way to Granny's Diner to wait for August.

As soon as August exited the diner, she said, "Hey. I'm sorry."

"For what?" August wondered.

"For doubting you. I made a mistake." Emma handed him a bag with the bug from the vase.

"What's that?"

"Evidence. Evidence that proves that I've been trusting all the wrong people. I should have listened to you. This bug was from Sidney."

"The newspaper guy?"

Emma nodded. "I should've seen it."

"Well, don't beat yourself up about it, Emma. Sometimes, it's hard to see what's right in front of us, but I knew you would."

"I'm trying."

They heard a loud scream from behind the diner and ran to investigate. Ruby was walking in the opposite direction.

"Ruby!" Emma and Jackie called.

"What's going on?" Emma asked.

"She... She... She's in the alley," Ruby said.

"Who, Ruby? What happened?"

"Hey, you all right?" August questioned gently.

Emma and Jackie went around to the parking lot in the back of the diner. There way a body lying face down on the ground. Emma leaned down to turn the body over, seeing a conscious and very much alive Kathryn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 217 17
Emma Swan was just born when her parents left her on the side of the freeway. Or so she thought. Killian Jones lost his mother at a very young age, a...
21.3K 874 19
Book 2 of the One of You series The curse has finally been broken After 28 years of living in a loop, the fairy tale characters of Storybrooke, Maine...
487 41 6
Once upon a time... there was a town, full of all childhood fantasies and stories. It is not until the great Chosen One comes to save them, that Scyl...
4K 83 46
The heroes must team up with villains to rescue a kidnapped boy. Two lovers rekindle the flame one tried so hard to ignore in the midst of trouble...