Legend

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Swashbuckling tales of pirates had always intrigued Jackie for as long as she could remember. Pirate ships ha... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
Jacqueline
Season One
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Season Two
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Season Three
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Book Two

11

78 5 1
By TheQuietHufflepuff

Henry got on his bike and rode towards the castle. Emma stepped out from her squad car.

"Hey, kid," she greeted.

Henry rode past her and she said, "Nice to see you, too."

Jackie walked along the street, seeing the stopped police car.

Emma and Jackie, after exchanging a look, caught up with Henry as he stared at his destroyed castle.

"The storm!" Henry cried.

"It's okay -- we can fix it," Emma reassured. "I'll talk to Marco."

"Do you think it's still here?" He started digging in the sand near the base of the playground.

"What are you looking for?"

"My book."

"Why'd you bury it here, lad?" Jackie questioned.

Without looking, Henry replied, "So my mom doesn't find it."

"Hiding it under one of your mattresses wasn't good enough?" Emma said.

Henry uncovered a red metal box under the sand and started unlocking it.

"That's the first place the Evil Queen would look," he told Emma.

"How about leaving it with me or Jackie?"

"That's the second and third place." He opened the box to reveal the book. "It's still here. Good."

"So, your mom doesn't know about the castle?"

"No. This is our secret." Henry closed the box and started to rebury it.

Regina called out to her son. "Henry! Henry! I've been looking everywhere for you. You know you both have a session with Archie this morning." She noticed Emma and Jackie. "I should've known he was with you two. Henry -- car. Now."

Henry ran off and Regina stayed to talk with Emma and Jackie.

"You let him play here?" Regina asked.

Emma glanced at the castle. "The storm hit it hard, but we can fix it."

"Well, can you fix a couple cracked craniums? Because that's what you'll have on your hands if one of these boards collapses under their weight. You're not thinking about Henry or his safety. Just ways around me. Miss Swan, don't let your feelings cloud your judgment. The same applies to you, Miss Sparrow. People can get hurt."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're the Sheriff now -- it's time to be responsible."

---

Emma, Jackie and Mary Margaret met at Granny's Diner.

Once they got food, Emma started complaining. "Don't let my feelings cloud my judgment? That's all Regina ever does."

"Well, she's just upset because you, Henry and Jackie have a special place and she... She doesn't," Mary Margaret replied.

"How'd she find out about the castle in the first place?"

"She knows everything about this town -- she's the Mayor."

Mary Margaret's phone vibrated. She looked to see a text from David. 'We need to talk. Meet at our spot.'

"Everything okay?" Emma asked.

"Yeah, I just need to go. Look, if it makes you feel any better, I think you're right. I see the effect she has on Henry."

"I wish everyone else did, too."

Mary Margaret put on her jacket and left.

Sidney sat down with Emma and Jackie with a mostly empty glass of whiskey. "I can grant your wish."

"Wow," Emma commented. "Sidney. You want a side of bacon with that whiskey?"

"You want to show this town who the Mayor really is? I can help."

"That's going to be kind of hard to do from inside her pocket."

"The Mayor and I are done."

"Sure you are," Jackie and Emma muttered.

"She got me fired from the paper. She made a fool of me in the election. So I started working on an exposé on the Mayor's office, and I found something she didn't want found."

"Sidney, you're drunk," Emma said. Go home -- sleep it off. Be grateful that you don't have to answer to her anymore."

Sidney pulled a business card from his pocket. "Call me. Storybrooke deserves to know the truth about her."

Emma took the business card and left. Jackie glanced at the business card and frowned.

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

The Genie sat in his lamp, looking at himself in a mirror. The lamp was furnished with several couches and cushions. Suddenly, breathing was heard from above. He looked up and saw an eye peering inside.

"Here we go," the Genie said as the lamp was picked up by King Leopold. He rubbed the lamp and the Genie was freed in a puff of smoke. "You awakened the Genie of Agrabah. You're entitled to three wishes – no more, no less. But you must know, that magic has its limits. You cannot wish for life nor death, you cannot wish for love, you cannot wish for more wishes. And once spoken, a wish cannot be undone – no matter what the consequences. So, tell me your first wish."

"Hm," King Leopold hummed. "Uh... Hm. I cannot think of a single thing I desire. I have everything I need. I seek nothing more than the happiness of all who set foot in my kingdom."

"Ugh." The Genie sat.

"You are in my kingdom and yet, you seem unhappy."

"I have served as Genie of the lamp for longer than you've been alive. Life as a Genie is not... as magical as it may appear."

"So, you wish to be free?"

"More than anything."

"Then, I know my first wish. I wish you to be free." The two armbands around the Genie's wrists release themselves.

"Can it be? Am I truly free?"

"You're the Genie – you tell me."

"There are two more wishes left in the lamp. What will you do with them?"

"For my second wish, I wish to give my third and final wish to you." King Leopold handed the lamp to the Genie.

"In my time, I have granted a thousand and one wishes and I have seen them end poorly a thousand and one times. Making a wish comes with a price. And that is why I will never use this wish."

"You are a man of wisdom, Genie. Now tell me – what will you do with your freedom?"

"Find the one thing I've always desired, that my prison has kept from me – true love."

"Then you must come join me at my palace. I am certain you will find it there. Come – meet my family." The two of them left together.

---

The Genie and King Leopold were walking through the palace gardens.

"Your palace is as lovely as you are kind," the Genie complimented.

"Oh, it's more than kindness, my friend," King Leopold replied as they came across Snow White, who is picking flowers, and the Evil Queen, who was picking apples. "This is my beautiful daughter – Snow."

"How do you do?" Snow White replied.

"And Regina – my wife. The Queen."

"Hello," the Evil Queen greeted.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Henry watched as a construction team tore his castle down. Regina was off to the side talking to some of the construction workers.

Emma and Jackie approached and the former asked, "Hey, what happened? Jackie and I came as soon as I could."

"The castle!" Henry cried. "She's tearing the whole thing down! My book! It-It's gone."

Emma and Jackie whispered, "I'll sort this out."

They walked towards Regina and Emma said, "Congratulations, Madam Mayor. You destroyed the thing he loves."

"A dangerous thing that can only hurt Henry and others," Regina replied. "You two see me as a villain, Miss Swan, Miss Sparrow, but that's just your perception and you're wrong. Learn your place in this town or, soon enough, you won't be in it. Miss Sparrow, if you keep doing what you are, I won't hesitate to close your bar down."

Jackie pursed her lips. "Do not touch my bar, Madame Mayor."

Regina walked away and Emma pulled out Sidney's business card and dialed the number on her cell phone. She glanced at Jackie who nodded in agreement.

"Sidney? Hi. Jackie and I are in. We want everyone to know who she really is."

---

Mary Margaret met David at the Toll Bridge. "I got your text. What's going on?"

"Follow me," David replied, taking her by the arm and leading her further into the forest.

"David, you're scaring me. What's wrong?"

"What's wrong, is you're late. And the wine's getting warm."

They arrived at a clearing by the water where David had laid out a picnic. They shared a kiss.

"We have to stop doing this," Mary Margaret said.

"We just started doing this," David replied.

"We have to figure out what we're doing."

"We will. Tomorrow."

"Okay. Tomorrow."

---

Emma drove her squad car along a deserted road and stopped near the end of a tunnel. She and Jackie got out and Sidney appeared from the woods.

"All right," Emma started. "I'm listening. So, what do you know about her?"

"Fifty thousand dollars," Sidney answered.

"I'm sorry?" Jackie and Emma replied.

"Fifty grand out of the budget is missing and Regina is responsible."

"That's it?" Emma asked. "That's what you have on her?"

"The money is just the tip of the iceberg. We figure out what she's doing and it all falls apart -- it all crumbles. And we'll finally learn her secrets. You see what she is. I see it. All we need is a crack in the mirror to show everyone. I'm telling you -- this is it."

"All right. What's your plan?"

"Tap her phone. GPS her car. Hack into her email. Dip into your bail bonds person bag of tricks."

"No. I'm Sheriff now. I have to be responsible. I want to do this by the book. Jackie, since you're working with me, you're doing this by the book too."

"She's going to know that you're on to her -- sooner than later. Are you prepared for her wrath?"

"Oh yeah."

"Good. Because I wasn't."

"If you thought she was so terrifying, how did you allow yourself to end up in her pocket?"

"I used to think she was a different person."

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

A small crowd of people were gathered in a room in King Leopold's castle for his birthday. Snow White, the Genie and the Evil Queen were in attendance.

King Leopold went up to the front of the room to make a speech. "No gifts are required to mark this special day, for they all pale in comparison to the greatest gift of all – my daughter, Snow."

"Father..." Snow White said as she joined the King at the front of the room as everyone clapped. "Father, you make me blush."

"Every day I look upon your face, and I am reminded of your dearly departed mother. Who, like you, truly was the fairest in all the land."

Snow White hugged King Leopold and the crowd clapped again. The Genie saw the Evil Queen get up from the back table and leave the room. Outside, the Evil Queen stood near her apple tree as she stared at the moon.

The Genie joined her and asked, "Not in a festive mood?"

"No one seems to notice my absence," the Evil Queen replied.

"I noticed. Such a lovely tree."

"Yes, it's from my childhood garden. Well, the tree and I share something in common – neither of us can leave the palace and neither of us truly belongs. No matter how hard I try to please the King, he will never love me the way he loved his first wife. I'm trapped by the memory of a life they used to share."

"I know about being trapped more than anyone. Maybe this will lift your spirits." He took out a hand mirror and gave it to her. "So you can see yourself the way I see you."

"And how do you see me?"

"As the fairest in all the land."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Emma, Jackie and Sidney made their way to Mary Margaret's apartment and sorted through boxes of files and papers.

"When did that transfer go through?" Emma asked. "Does three weeks ago sound right?"

"Yeah," Sidney confirmed. "Why?"

"Because those records are missing."

Mary Margaret entered her apartment. "Emma, Jackie, there's something I'd like to talk to you... Hi, Sidney."

"Hey," Emma greeted. "We're just doing some work. I think we may have found something on Regina."

"Interesting work. Well, I approve."

"You want to go by the book?" Sidney questioned. "Let's get a warrant."

"And what judge are we going to find that she doesn't own? We're screwed."

"Or, there's my way."

"I want to do this right, Sidney. Jackie, cut the pout."

"Well, what's right is exposing her. Sometimes, doing a bad thing for a good reason is okay, right?"

Mary Margaret nodded. "Yeah. I mean, maybe you're doing something wrong, but if it's what's meant to be -- if it's what's right -- does that really make you a bad person?"

"Exactly."

Emma looked between them. "You two are doing a whole lot of rationalizing."

Sidney looked at Emma. "But look what she's done to you, to me, to Jackie and to your son. I mean, she's not going to stop, so whatever you do, you've got to do something."

"Okay. Let's start by talking to her."

---

They made their way to Regina's office to confront her.

Regina frowned. "And just what are you two and the disgraced ex-reporter accusing me of?"

"Fifty thousand dollars was transferred out of a city account -- by you," Emma said.

"Well, as Mayor, I'm involved in many transactions. Check the public records if you have questions."

Jackie crossed her arms. "That's the thing -- they're missing from three weeks ago. You have any idea what happened to them?"

"Well, if they're missing, I probably checked them out -- as my job often requires me to do. And if they were checked out three weeks ago, well, that means they burned. In a fire. In a fire, that, if I recall, Miss Swan, got you elected Sheriff. I have nothing to hide."

Emma leaned over Regina's desk and stared at her a moment. "Okay. There's nothing for us to do. Let's go, Sidney."

"Emma," Sidney called.

"No, she's right," Emma told him. "We have nothing."

They stood outside the Town Hall.

Sidney frowned. "That was your plan? I thought you were going to do something?"

Emma smirked. "I did. I planted a bug. You win, Sidney. Let's do whatever it takes."

A small smile crossed Jackie's face. "Now we're getting somewhere."

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

The Genie met with King Leopold in one of the rooms at the castle.

"You called for me, Your Majesty?" the Genie asked.

"I have reason to believe my wife's heart belongs to another man," King Leopold said.

"Certainly, the Queen would never stray, Your Majesty."

"And yet, her diary suggests otherwise." The King handed the Genie the diary.

The Genie silently read it to himself. 'Last night, a man gave me a gift. And though it was but a simple mirror, it awakened feelings in me that I abandoned long ago. Hope for love and companionship, even though I am trapped in my husband's court.'

"Sadly, the diary does not name the man who gave her this mirror," King Leopold said. "I am not a fool – I realize that the Queen is unhappy and yearns for someone to love her in a way that I never can. And yet, I never imagined that she would betray me like this."

"Well, certainly the Queen would never act on these feelings?" the Genie questioned.

"Love makes people do foolish things."

"And why have you called upon me, Your Majesty?"

"I need someone with your wits. To learn the identity of the man who has stolen my wife's heart."

"And, what will you do to him once I have found him?"

"That is my concern – not yours. Now, tell me, Genie – can you find the man who gave the Queen this mirror or not?" King Leopold picked the hand mirror off the table and handed it to the Genie.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

At the station, Sidney was listening to the wire tap Emma had set.

Emma and Jackie entered and sat on either side of him.

"Miss Ginger, I really don't have time for more complaints about working conditions. The air temperature is not one of my areas."

"Scintillating," Emma commented. "Find anything good yet?"

Sidney nodded. "Yeah, better than good. She made this call a little over an hour ago."

"I'll meet you tonight at Access Road Twenty Three with the rest of your payment. Yes, it will all be in cash. And I don't need to remind you that no one can know about this. Yes, I know it has to be tonight."

"Who's on the other end?" Emma and Jackie asked.

Sidney glanced between them. "You bugged the office -- not the phone."

"Well, we're just going to have to find out," Emma said.

"Yeah."

"A payoff in the woods. That's promising."

"A payoff using stolen city funds."

"Let's go find out who she's meeting."

---

That night, they drove along an empty road in Emma's squad car. They saw Regina's car up ahead, which turned onto a road leading into the forest. As they got closer, Emma attempted to brake, but the car wouldn't stop.

"Emma?" Sidney and Jackie called.

"It won't stop!" Emma cried as she continued trying to brake.

The car crashed into a sign along the side of the road.

"You two okay?" Emma questioned.

Sidney nodded. "Yeah, you?"

"Yeah."

Jackie groaned and nodded. "Aye. Bloody four-wheeled contraption."

They got out of the car. Emma and Jackie went around the front of the car and Sidney checked under it.

"We're going to miss the handoff," Emma warned.

"Emma," Sidney called.

"What?"

"You know that bug you planted? I think Regina found it. Someone's been tampering with the brakes. She's onto us."

Emma and Jackie ran into the forest and Sidney chased after her calling, "Emma! Jackie!"

Emma narrowed her eyes. "The bitch tried to have me and Jackie killed. We're finding her."

"Let's be cautious. We need to think clearly."

"To hell with caution. Jackie and I are going to find out what she's doing and why she's out here."

Mr. Gold appeared in front of them. "She was meeting me."

"What are you doing out here with her?"

"Just a little business transaction."

"What's in the briefcase?" Sidney asked.

"Everything comes at a price. Land is no different."

"That's why you're meeting her out here?" Emma inquired. "Regina bought your land?"

"The very ground you're standing on."

"What does she want it for?" Jackie questioned.

"You know, in business, I find it's best not to ask too many questions. Hurts the bottom line. The question is, Emma, Jackie -- why are you two standing out here in the middle of the night with Mr. Glass?"

"You don't know what Regina did to me," Sidney said. "You don't know what she did to her son. We can't just sit idly by."

"Of course you can. Be careful -- emotional entanglements can lead us down very dangerous paths."

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

The Genie cut an apple off of the Evil Queen's apple tree. He heard footsteps behind him.

"I was beginning to worry you wouldn't come," the Genie said.

"You were expecting the Queen?" Henry I questioned. The Genie turned around and saw the Evil Queen's father, Henry. He was holding a black box with holes in the side.

"Who are you? What have you done with her?"

"The King has locked her away in her chambers. My daughter is a prisoner in her own kingdom."

"You are the Queen's father?"

"Please, take this to her. The palace guards won't allow me into her chambers. They know I'd die for her."

"But you..."

Henry I handed the box to the Genie. "The King trusts you. He doesn't know that you have my daughter's heart. The guards will allow you in. Give her this box."

"Wait – I don't understand. What is in it?"

"This is the only thing that can free her from this wretched life. If you truly care for my daughter, I know you'll do whatever it takes to set her free." Henry left.

The Genie looked down at the box in his hand and noticed a key sitting on top of it. He held it up, showing a key with a skull engraved in the top.

STORYBROOKE - PAST

Emma, Jackie and Sidney pulled up outside the Town Hall. They got out and walked towards the entrance.

"What are we doing here?" Sidney asked.

Emma glanced at him. "We know she bought land from Gold -- we don't know why. I'm willing to bet it's for personal reasons, but we have to know for sure. We need documents that officially link her to that land."

"So, you want to break into her office? It's locked. And she's got a state of the art security system and alarm."

"If we don't show this town who Regina really is, who will?" Jackie shot back.

"Do you think you can crack her code?"

"Yep." Emma smashed the window of the front door open with a rock, setting the alarm off. She reached her hand in and unlocked the door.

"Emma!" Sidney and Jackie cried.

"Who does the alarm system alert? The police. I'm the police. Two minutes for her to get a call from the alarm company, one minute to get her coat and keys, three minutes to drive here. We got maybe six minutes."

They entered the Mayor's office. Emma went to the computer and hacked into it.

Emma said, "I just uncovered every file that references the tract of land she brought from Gold. Nice."

She printed off the records and started going through the drawers of Regina's desk. She found a key ring with several skeleton keys attached. "What the hell do these open?"

Sidney shrugged. "I don't know. What are you doing?"

Emma continued rifling through the drawers, soon joined by Jackie. "Looking for Henry's book."

"We didn't come here for Henry. We came here for the files and-"

"No, you didn't come here for Henry. Me? That's the only reason I'm here."

Jackie nodded. "Aye. I'm merely here for the lad as well."

The lights in the office switched on and Regina entered. "What are you doing?"

"Some kids broke in," Emma lied. "I heard the alarm, so I'm checking it out 'cause... I'm Sheriff."

"Well, that was an awfully quick response time."

"You told me to do my job, and I'm doing it."

She looked at Sidney. "And you brought him." She turned to Jackie. "And her."

"Oh, well, they saw it while they were on a walk. So they're witnesses."

"Hm. And what did you see, Sidney, Jackie?"

"Some kids with a..." Sidney began, not knowing what to say.

"Rock," Emma and Jackie finished.

"A rock," Jackie and Sidney said.

"Did they take anything?" Regina asked.

Emma shook her head. "I don't know. I'd have to do a thorough sweep to, uh, find out."

"It appears to me it's all just a prank."

"You sure you don't want me to take the place apart?"

"Sheriff, your services are not wanted nor needed."

"Okay. Well, you know where to find me."

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

The Evil Queen was sitting at the vanity in her chambers. The Genie entered with the box.

"It's you!" the Evil Queen exclaimed as the Genie set the box on a table and they hugged. "My love for you grows stronger with every beat of my heart. But the King has read my diary – found my mirror. Soon, he will discover the truth about us. There is no escape."

"There is always an escape. Your father said what's in this box would give you your freedom." He handed her the key.

"Yes, I believe it will." She unlocked the box and opened the lid, revealing two snakes. "The Agrabahn viper. A snake so deadly, it can kill anything."

"With a single bite. This serpent is from my homeland – I know all too well of its poison. But why would you have it brought here?"

"There is no happiness left for me in this life. One small bite, and I shall be free from this prison forever. I'm sorry we couldn't be together, my love. Perhaps, in another life, we will find each other again." The Evil Queen slowly extended her hand towards the box.

Just as her hand neared the snakes, the Genie grabbed her wrist. "There is another way. What if the King... didn't live?"

"You would do that for me?"

"For you, I would do anything." They hugged, once again.

"I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You will never have to find out."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT - GRANNY'S DINER

Henry was coloring and writing with markers at Granny's Diner.

The strange man entered and sat next to Henry.

"Whatcha working on?" the man asked.

"Uh, no time to talk," Henry said. "I got to write it all down before I forget."

"Yeah, I hate it when great ideas slip away from me."

"They're not my ideas. They're stories from a book I lost."

"Must be a hell of a book. What's it about?"

"Stuff."

"Sounds exciting."

Henry frowned. "You seem awfully interested in me and my book."

"No, I'm just being neighborly."

"What are you doing in Storybrooke?"

"I'm a writer."

"You can write anywhere. What are you really doing here?"

"Stuff. Good luck with the stories." He left the diner.

---

Sidney, Jackie and Emma were sorting through the papers they got from Regina's office.

Sidney noted some papers. "Blueprints, bank statements..."

"What is she building out there?" Emma wondered. "A mansion?"

"Well, whatever it is, it doesn't matter, because these escrow statements have her name all over it. You were right -- personal use. She's done -- we got her. What's wrong? Didn't you hear me?"

Emma frowned. "We stooped to her level. That's exactly what I promised Henry I wouldn't do."

"Emma, we got her!"

"It's fruits of the poisonous tree -- illegally obtained evidence. It'll get thrown out in court in a heartbeat."

"No. We don't need her to go to jail."

"Then, what are we doing here?" Jackie wondered.

"What you both wished for -- to get everyone to see who she is. What she did to Henry, she does to everyone. She destroys what people love. Let me show you something." He pulled out a box and photos and put it on the desk. Emma and Jackie looked through them. All the pictures were of Emma, Jackie and Henry at various places around town. "She made me follow you. She made me tell her everything. She knew about your secret place weeks ago. She just waited to destroy it until it would hurt you two and Henry the most. It's all my fault. If you don't do this -- I have to."

"Okay," Emma and Jackie replied.

---

Regina sat in front of the council. Storybrooke citizens sat in the audience behind them.

Regina banged a gavel to start the meeting. "This session of the Storybrooke City Council will come to order. We will begin by reading the minutes from our last meeting."

Sidney stood up from the audience. "Uh, excuse me, um, Madam Mayor. I have something I'd like to bring to the council's attention."

"This is not an open forum, Sidney. And no one on this council's interested in hearing the boozy complaints of a disgraced reporter. Now sit down."

Emma stood, holding a binder. "He's not the only one who has something to say."

Regina frowned. "Miss Swan, this meeting is to discuss issues facing Storybrooke."

"Like the Mayor stealing thousands of dollars from the city to build herself a second home?"

Gasps sounded from the audience.

Regina banged her gavel to silence them. "Miss Swan, you will sit down immediately or so help me-"

Emma cut her off. "What? You'll punish me? You'll bully me like everyone else in this town? No. Not today. In my hand, I am holding documents proving that this woman, your mayor, stole funds from the city to build herself a lavish home in the woods. And this disgraced reporter -- you want to know why he was really fired? Because he stood up to her. Because he questioned her. We all know what happens to people who question the mayor. You claim that you act in the best interest of all of us, but that isn't the truth, is it? The truth is, you are a thug that doesn't care about anyone, or anything, but yourself. That is who you really are. And it is time for the people of Storybrooke to know that."

"You are right, Miss Swan. I am building a house -- a playhouse." Regina pulled up the image of a playground on the screen behind her. "The accusations are true -- I did take city funds. I wanted to build a playground so my son, Henry, and all the children of Storybrooke, could have a special place to play. Safely. As for the sketch in your hands, it was inspired by a drawing I found in one of my son's books. So, there you have it, Miss Swan. You've exposed me for who I really am. I hope you're satisfied."

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

The Genie entered King Leopold's chamber, where he was sleeping. He stood at the foot of the bed, holding the box of snakes and said, "Forgive me." The Genie unlocked the box, releasing the snakes. He pointed towards the King's bed and the two snakes crawled under the sheets. The Genie walked to the side of the bed as King Leopold awoke. Before he had a chance to say anything, the snakes bit him in the neck. King Leopold gasped for air, while his skin began to turn black.

"The pain will soon pass," the Genie told him. "You asked me to find the man who gave the mirror to your Queen. I did – I am that man. You gave me my freedom. You gave me a chance to find love and, for that, I'm forever in your debt. But just as you freed me, so must I now free your Queen. Forgive me."

The Genie turned to leave, but King Leopold grabbed his arm and said, "You were right – I never should have made a wish."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

After the council meeting, Regina was speaking to people outside. Emma and Sidney headed for the car and ran into Mr. Gold.

Mr. Gold glanced at Regina. "Look at her -- queen of the castle. You know, what you did in there was commendable, Miss Swan. But if you really want to bring her down, you're going to need a strong ally."

"Like yourself?" Emma asked. "Thanks, but I'm still not interested."

"Oh, one can wish." He walked away.

Regina walked towards them. "Miss Swan. Miss Sparrow. A word? Alone."

Sidney left, leaving Emma, Jackie and Regina alone.

Regina looked at Emma. "I don't know what you were hoping to accomplish in there. But now, I hope you'll go back to your job. Which is upholding the law -- not breaking it. You don't think I know you broke into my office?"

Emma narrowed her eyes. "Don't pretend like you're so innocent. I know you messed with the brakes on my car."

"Your brakes? Are you delusional? Why would I kill you when you just saw I had nothing to hide?"

"Nothing I can prove."

"Well, until you have something more substantial than disdain to throw my way, you're going to stay away from me. And, more importantly, from Henry. You too, Miss Sparrow."

"But that's-" Jackie and Emma were cut off.

"Not open for discussion. You've lost the high ground, Sheriff, Miss Sparrow. If I wanted to, there's not a judge in the world that would deny me a restraining order after what you've done. You don't get to see my son unless I say so. And right now? I don't say so."

---

Henry noticed Emma and Jackie watching him from Emma's car and waved. He took out his walkie talkie.

"Why are you two so far away?" Henry asked, speaking into his walkie talkie. "Come out here!"

"Sorry, kid," Emma replied. "Jackie and I can't today."

"You're both undercover, aren't you? For Operation Cobra?"

"No, Henry. Jackie and I aren't undercover. Your mom -- she doesn't want us seeing each other for awhile."

"You don't have to listen to her."

"Actually this time, I do. I screwed up, Henry. I got mad at your mom about you and the book and everything and... Well, we're just going to have to be apart for a little while."

"I don't want to be apart."

"Neither do me or Jackie. But, right now, we have to. Don't worry -- we''ll find a way back in. And hey. If it's out there, Henry -- Jackie and I will find your book."

"Good luck. It's probably gone and it's probably never coming back."

---

August broke the lock off the metal box containing Henry's book. He opened it and took the book out.

---

Emma and Jackie entered Granny's Diner to see Sidney drinking a beer and sat on either side of him.

"Looks like we had the same idea," Emma and Jackie said.

Sidney shrugged. "Well, if you can't beat her -- drink. How did we not see this?"

"We did," Emma replied. "We saw it all, right from the start. Just didn't want to look. Blinded by our anger -- by everything."

"This time. But there are a lot more skeletons in Regina's closet. And the good news? You two got yourselves an ally."

"We won't get fooled again."

The three of them clinked glasses.

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

The Evil Queen was sitting in her chamber.

Suddenly, the Genie entered and rushed over to her saying, "It is done. You're free, my love. We are free to be together at last. D-did you not hear me? Our days of imprisonment are over."

"You haven't heard the news?" the Evil Queen questioned. "The palace guards found the snake. They know it's from your country. They know it was you who killed the King. It's only a matter of time before they catch you. You will be executed. I'm sorry, but we will never be together. Come – I've arranged for a boat to provide you safe passage out of the kingdom. You must leave at once."

"The Agrabahn viper. Of all the snakes in all the world, that is what you chose. You wanted the murder to be traced back to me. You... You fooled me. You never loved me."

"Loved you? I wanted the King killed, and you killed him. You are no longer of any use to me. Be grateful I'm offering you an escape. Now, flee the kingdom and never turn back."

"I can't live without you. I won't live without you."

"Did you not understand me? I don't love you. There is no way we will ever be together."

"There is one way." He took the lamp out of his pocket. "There is still one wish remaining. I wish to be with you forever. To look upon your face always. To never leave your side." The Genie disappeared in a puff of blue smoke. A tapping noise was heard in the background. The Evil Queen looked in the mirror and saw the Genie, who was now trapped.

"No! No ! No!" the Mirror cried.

"Well, it looks like you got your wish," the Evil Queen said. "You will be with me – forever."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Later, Regina and Sidney stood in Regina's office.

"Have a seat, Sidney," Regina said.

The two of them sat on the couch and Regina reached for an apple. "Well?"

Sidney pulled a tape recorder from his pocket and played it.

"You've both got yourself an ally. We won't get fooled again."

"They bought it."

Sidney nodded. "All of it."

Regina smiled. "Masterful job, Sidney. Top to bottom." She handed him the apple. "And cutting the brakes on her car? Inspired."

"I'm glad you approve."

"Now, they trust you. Now, we can have some fun."

"Everything they do, everywhere they go -- you'll know about it."

Regina put her hand on Sidney's leg. "I don't know what I'd do without you, Sidney."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 726 24
" JUST A TWIST IN FATE. " -------Killian Jones x Oc! Georgia / Giselle .• Georgia always felt weird in New York, she lived near her best friend...
423 13 8
A fight for love in the midst of darkness will always prevail. That's something the heroes know to be true. But it won't be easy, saving those they...
75.5K 1.6K 19
Can a princess have feelings for a pirate? The curse over Storybrooke is lifted, everyone remembers who they are again. During an unfortunate situati...
2.4K 67 33
Freyja possesses a great power only few know. Fate brings her to a lonely traveler and his daughter and all is well... Until a curse is cast, sendin...