Legend

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Swashbuckling tales of pirates had always intrigued Jackie for as long as she could remember. Pirate ships ha... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
Jacqueline
Season One
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Season Two
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Season Three
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Book Two

01

669 10 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

THE ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

Prince Charming was riding through the land on a steed. He came upon the Forest, and Snow White, in her glass coffin, surrounded by the Seven Dwarves.

"You're too late," Doc said.

"No," Prince Charming argued. "No! Open it."

"I'm sorry, she's gone," Grumpy told him.

"At least let me say goodbye," Prince Charming said and the dwarves removed the coffin lid. Prince Charming kissed Snow White, and a burst magic of erupted.

Snow White awoke with a gasp and said, "You... you found me."

"Did you ever doubt I would?"

"Truthfully? The glass coffin gave me pause."

"Well, you never have to worry, I will always find you."

"Do you promise?"

WEDDING

"I do," Prince Charming said.

"And do you, Snow White, promise to take this man to be your husband, and love him for all eternity?" the Bishop asked.

"I do," Snow White replied.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." The audience cheered and as the newlyweds kissed, the Evil Queen entered. The cheering stopped.

"Sorry I'm late," the Evil Queen said as she crossed the room, dispelling guards with magic.

"It's the Queen! Run!" Doc yelled.

Snow White drew Prince Charming's sword and pointed it at the Queen. "She's not a queen anymore! She's nothing more than an evil witch!"

"No no no, don't stoop to her level, there's no need," Prince Charming told her as he lowered the sword. "You're wasting your time, you've already lost. And I will not let you ruin this wedding."

"Oh, I haven't come here to ruin anything," the Evil Queen answered. "On the contrary, dear, I've come to give you a gift."

"We want nothing from you," Snow White retorted.

"But you shall have it. My gift to you is this happy, happy day. For tomorrow, my real work begins. You've made your vows, now I make mine. Soon, everything you love, everything all of you love, will be taken from you. Forever. And out of your suffering will rise my victory. I shall destroy your happiness, if it is the last thing I do." She turned and walked towards the door.

"Hey!" Prince Charming yelled.The Queen turned, and Prince Charming threw his sword at her. She disappeared in a cloud of smoke, as did the sword. Snow White and Prince Charming held each other.

---

Henry started reading a book given to him. He had it open to the story of Snow White and Prince Charming.

"That a good book?" a woman asked, looking back at Henry.

"This?" Henry questioned. "It's more than just a book."

"Oh?"

Before he could say anything, there was an announcement. "Boston, South Station. Thank you for riding Greyhound."

Henry got off the bus and found a taxi. He knocked on the window and asked, "Uh... You take credit cards?"

The taxi driver took the credit card. "Where to, chief?"

AN UPSCALE RESTAURANT

Emma Swan arrived and walked through the restaurant. She came to Ryan's table. He stood and extended his hand.

"Emma," Ryan said.

"Ryan?" Emma guessed. "You look relieved."

"Well, it is the Internet. Pictures can be..."

"Fake. Out-dated. Stolen from the Victoria's Secret catalogue. So..."

"So... tell me something about yourself, Emma."

"Oh... Uh, well, today's my birthday."

"And you're spending it with me? What about your friends?"

"Kind of a loner."

"And... you don't like your family?"

"No family to like."

"Aw. Come on, everyone has family."

"Technically, yeah, but not everyone knows who they are. Ready to run yet?"

"Oh, not a chance. You, Emma, are, by far, the sexiest friendless orphan that I have ever met."

"Okay! Your turn. No, wait, let me guess. Um... you are handsome, charming..."

"Go on."

"The kind of guy who... and now, stop me if I get this wrong, embezzled from your employer, got arrested, and skipped town before they were able to throw your ass in jail."

"What?"

"And the worst part of all this is your wife. Your wife loves you so much that she bailed you out, and how do you repay that loyalty? You're on a date."

"Who are you?"

"The chick who put up the rest of the money.

"The bails bondsman."

"Bail bondsperson." Ryan flipped the table and ran out of the restaurant, out into the street and to his car. Emma walked calmly after him. Ryan got into his car and started it, but it went nowhere. He opened the door to discover that his car had been booted. Emma walked up.

"You don't have to do this, okay? I can pay you, I've got money."

"No you don't. And if you did you should give it to your wife and take care of your family."

"The hell do you know about family, huh?"

She slammed his head against the steering wheel. "Nothing."

EMMA'S APARTMENT

Emma came in with a bag and placed it on the counter. She took a gourmet cupcake out of it and put a candle on it, lighting it before saying, "Another banner year..." She closed her eyes and blew out the candle. The doorbell rang.

She opening the door to find Henry standing in the hallway. "Uh... can I help you?"

"Are you Emma Swan?" Henry questioned.

"Yeah. Who are you?"

"My name's Henry. I'm your son."

Henry pushed past Emma to get inside.

"Whoa!" Emma cried. "Hey, kid! Kid! Kid! I don't have a son! Where are your parents?"

"Ten years ago. Did you give a baby up for adoption? That was me."

Emma paused. "Give me a minute."

She walked off and Henry yelled, "Hey, you have any juice? Never mind, I found some."

Emma reappeared from the bathroom and saw Henry drinking juice from the bottle.

"You know, we should probably get going," Henry told Emma.

"Going where?" Emma asked.

"I want you to come home with me."

"Okay, kid. I'm calling the cops."

Henry smirked. "Then I'll tell them you kidnapped me."

"And they'll believe you because I'm your birth mother."

Henry nodded. "Yep."

"You aren't going to do that."

"Try me."

"You're pretty good. But here's the thing -- there's not a lot I'm great at in life. I have one skill. Let's call it a superpower. I can tell when anyone is lying and you, kid, are."

Emma started dialing a number and Henry stopped her. "Wait... Please don't call the cops. Please, come home with me."

"Where's home?"

"Storybrooke, Maine."

"Storybrooke? Seriously?"

"Mm-hmm."

"Alrighty. Let's get you back to Storybrooke."

THE ENCHANTED FOREST - THE ROYAL CASTLE

A pregnant Snow White stood in a balcony doorway.

"What's wrong?" Prince Charming asked.

"Nothing," Snow White replied.

"You're thinking about what the Queen said again, aren't you? Snow, please... I can't keep having this conversation, you have to let it go. We're about to have a baby!"

"I haven't had a restful night since our wedding."

"That's what she wants, to get in your head! But they're only words. She can't hurt us."

"She poisoned an apple because she thought I was prettier than her. You have no idea of what she's capable."

"What can I do to ease your mind?"

"Let me talk... to him."

"Him. You don't mean-"

"I do."

"No. No, no. It's too dangerous."

"He sees the future."

"There's a reason he's locked up."

"Can you promise me that our child will be safe? Can you guarantee it? Because he can."

"All right. For our child."

---

NEW ENGLAND HIGHWAY

While Emma drove, Henry said, "I'm hungry. Can we stop somewhere?"

"This is not a road trip," Emma replied. "We're not stopping for snacks."

"Why not?"

"Quit complaining, kid. Remember -- I could have put your butt on a bus. I still could."

"You know I have a name? It's Henry."

Henry opened his book and Emma asked, "What's that?"

He glanced at her. "I'm not sure you're ready."

Emma frowned. "I'm not ready for some fairy tales?"

Henry shook his head. "They're not fairy tales. They're true. Every story in this book actually happened."

"Of course they did."

"Use your superpower. See if I'm lying."

"Just because you believe something, doesn't make it true."

"That's exactly what make it true. You should know more than anyone."

"Why's that?"

"Because you're in this book."

Emma sighed. "Oh, kid. You've got problems."

"Yup. And you're going to fix 'em."

THE ENCHANTED FOREST - RUMPELSTILTSKIN'S CELL

A nameless guard escorted Charming and Snow White to the cell and said, "When we reach the cell, stay out of the light, and whatever you do, do not let him know your name. If he knows your name, he will have power over you." He spoke to Rumpelstiltskin. "Rumpelstiltskin. Rumpelstiltskin! I have a question for you."

Rumpelstiltskin climbed down from cell bars like a monkey and said, "No, you don't. They do. Snow White—and Prince "Charming"!" He let out an insane cackle. "You insult me. Step into the light, and take off those ridiculous robes."They did so. "Ah, ha-ha ha... that's much better."

"We've come to ask you about the-" Prince Charming was cut off.

"Yes, yes, I know why you're here! You want to know about the Queen's threat."

"Tell us what you know," Snow White ordered.

"Ohh! Tense, aren't we? Fear not: for I can ease your mind! But. It's gonna cost you something in return."

"No," Prince Charming argued. "This is a waste of time."

"What do you want?" Snow White asked.

"Oh... the name of your unborn child?" Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Absolutely not!" Prince Charming yelled.

"Deal!" Snow White agreed. "What do you know?"

"Ah. The Queen has created a powerful curse," Rumpelstiltskin informed. "And it's coming. Soon you'll all be in a prison, just like me, only worse! Your prison -- all of our prisons—will be time. And time will stop. And we will be trapped, someplace horrible, where everything we hold dear, everything we love will be ripped from us while we suffer for all eternity, while the Queen celebrates, victorious at last! ...No more happy endings."

"What can we do?"

"We can't do anything!"

"Who can?"

Rumpelstiltskin reached a hand beyond bars. "That little thing. Growing inside your belly."

Prince Charming drew his sword and slapped Rumpelstiltskin's hand with it before saying, "Next time, I cut it off."

Rumpelstiltskin said to Prince Charming, "Tk, tk, tk, tk, tk. The infant is our only hope." He said to Snow White. "Get the child to safety. Get the child to safety and on its-" he closed his eyes in concentration, "—twenty-eighth birthday, the child will return. The child will find you—and the final battle will begin!" He let out another insane cackle.

"Heard enough. We're leaving." He took Snow White away. Rumpelstiltskin whooped and cackled.

Rumpelstiltskin, with a deranged scream, yelled, "Hey! No! We made a deal! I want her name! We had a deal—I. Need. Her. Name! I want her name!"

"Her? It's a boy."

"Missy, missy—you know I'm right. Tell me. What's her name?"

"Emma," Snow White replied. "Her name is Emma."

"Emma."

STORYBROOKE

Emma and Henry arrived in Storybrooke and Emma looked at Henry. "Okay, kid. How about an address?"

"Forty-four Not Telling You Street," Henry retorted.

Emma stopped the car in the middle of the road and got out. Henry got out as well.

"Look, it's been a long night and it's almost... 8:15?" Emma looked at the clock.

He followed her eyes. "That clock hasn't moved my whole life. Time's frozen here."

Emma frowned. "Excuse me?"

"The Evil Queen did it with her curse. She sent everyone from the Enchanted Forest here."

"Okay, the Evil Queen sent a bunch of fairy tale characters here."

"Mm-hmm, and now they're trapped."

"Frozen in time, stuck in Storybrooke, Maine. That's where you're going with this?"

"It's true!"

"Then why doesn't everybody just leave?"

"They can't. If they try, bad things happen."

"Henry! What are you doing here?" Archie asked. "Is everything all right?"

"I'm fine, Archie."

He looked at Emma. "Who's this?"

"Just someone trying to give him a ride home," Emma answered.

Henry smiled. "She's my mom, Archie."

"Oh. I see," Archie said.

"You know where he lives?" Emma asked.

"Yeah, sure. Just, ah, right up on Mifflin Street. The Mayor's house is the biggest one on the block."

"You're the Mayor's kid?"

"Uh, maybe," Henry mumbled.

Archie turned to the boy. "Hey, where were you today, Henry? Because you missed your session."

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. I went on a field trip."

Archie frowned. "Henry. What did I tell you about lying? Giving into one's dark side never accomplishes anything."

"Oookay," Emma said. "Well, I really should be getting him home."

"Yeah, sure. Well, listen. Um. Have a good night and, uh, you, you be good, Henry."

As Archie walked away, Emma commented, "So that's your shrink."

"I'm not crazy," Henry said.

"Didn't say that. Just, he doesn't seem "cursed" to me. Maybe he's just trying to help you."

"He's the one who needs help because he doesn't know."

"That he's a fairy tale character?"

"None of them do. They don't remember who they are."

"Convenient. All right, I'll play. Who's he supposed to be?"

"Jiminy Cricket," Henry told her.

"Right, the lying thing. Thought your nose grew a bit."

"I'm not Pinocchio!"

"'Course he's not. Because that would be ridiculous."

Jackie walked out of her bar and walked up to Emma and Henry. "Hey, Henry. You missed our scavenger hunt of sorts."

"Sorry," Henry apologized. "Jackie, this is my mom. Emma, this is Jackie."

Jackie offered Emma a small smile. "Right. Clearly you had priorities. I'll leave you to it. Rain check, Henry?"

Henry nodded. "Yeah."

Jackie offered another wave before walking away.

Emma pointed after Jackie and asked, "Who's she supposed to be?"

"Captain Jacqueline Sparrow. But she likes to be called Jackie."

"You're kidding me, right?"

"Nope."

THE ENCHANTED FOREST - THE CASTLE

Prince Charming, Snow White, Red Riding Hood, Granny, Grumpy, Doc, Geppetto, Pinocchio, several guards and Jiminy Cricket were discussing what to do about the Curse.

"I say we fight!" Prince Charming yelled, slamming his fist on the table.

"Fighting is a bad idea," Jiminy said. Giving in to one's dark side never accomplishes anything.

"And how many wars has a clear conscience won? We need to take the Queen out before she can inflict her curse."

"Can we even trust Rumpelstiltskin?" Doc asked.

"I've sent my men into the forest. The animals are abuzz with the Queen's plan. This is going to happen unless we do something."

"There's no point," Snow White said. "The future is written."

"No. I refuse to believe that. Good can't just lose!"

"Maybe it can."

"No. Not as long as we have each other. If you believe him about the curse then you must believe him about our child. She will be the savior." The Blue Fairy and some soldiers entered, carrying a tree trunk. "What the hell is this?"

"Our only hope of saving that child," the Blue Fairy replied.

"A tree?" Grumpy questioned. "Our fate rests on a tree? Let's get back to the fighting thing."

"The tree is enchanted. If fashioned into a vessel it can ward off any curse. Geppetto, can you build such a thing?"

"Me and my boy. We can do it," Geppetto said as he ruffled Pinocchio's hair.

"This will work. We all must have faith. There is, however, a catch. The enchantment is indeed powerful, but all power has its limits. And this tree can protect only one." Snow White and Prince Charming shared a concerned look.

STORYBROOKE - THE MAYOR'S HOUSE

Emma and Henry headed through the gate and up the walkway.

Henry said, "Please don't take me back there."

"I have to," Emma said. "I'm sure your parents are worried sick about you."

"I don't have parents. Just a mom and she's evil."

"Evil? That's a bit extreme, isn't it?"

"She is. She doesn't love me. She only pretends to."

"Kid... I'm sure that's not true."

Regina opened the front door and rushed towards them. "Henry! Henry... Are you okay? Where have you been? What happened?"

"I found my real mom," Henry retorted as he ran into the house.

Regina studied the blonde woman. "Y-you're Henry's birth mother?"

"Hi..." Emma greeted awkwardly.

Sheriff Graham appeared. "I'll just go... check on the lad. Make sure he's all right."

Regina smiled. "How would you like a glass of the best apple cider you've ever tasted?"

"Got anything stronger?" Emma asked.

The two women walked inside and Regina reentered the room with two glasses and poured the cider.

"How did he find me?" Emma wondered.

Regina shook her head. "No idea. When I adopted him, he was only three weeks old. Records were sealed. I was told the birth mother didn't want to have any contact."

"You were told right."

"And the father?"

"There was one."

"Do I need to be worried about him?"

"Nope. He doesn't even know."

"Do I need to be worried about you, Miss Swan?"

"Absolutely not."

Regina nodded and Sheriff Graham walked down the stairs.

"Madam Mayor, you can relax," Graham said. "Other than being a tired little boy, Henry's fine."

Regina smiled. "Thank you, Sheriff."

Sheriff Graham left and the women headed to a different room.

Regina turned to Emma. "I'm sorry he dragged you out of your life. I really don't know what's gotten into him."

"Kid's having a rough time," Emma replied. "It happens."

"You have to understand. Ever since I became mayor, balancing things has been tricky. You have a job, I assume?"

"Uh, I keep busy, yeah."

"Imagine having another one on top of it. That's being a single mom. So I push for order. Am I strict? I suppose. But I do it for his own good. I want Henry to excel in life. I don't think that makes me evil, do you?"

"I'm sure they're just saying that because of the fairy tale thing."

"What fairy tale thing?"

"Oh, you know. His book. How he thinks everyone's a cartoon character from it. Like his shrink, Jiminy Cricket or the bartender, Captain Jacqueline, Jackie, Sparrow."

Regina shook her head. "I'm sorry. I really have no idea what you're talking about."

"You know what? It's none of my business. He's your kid. And I really should be heading back."

"Of course."

Regina let Emma out and as Emma walked down the walkway to her car, she looked up to the second story window and saw Henry. He closed the curtain and turned off the light.

Emma drove along the road out of Storybrooke. She looked over and saw Henry's book on the seat.

"Sneaky bastard," Emma muttered.

When Emma looked back at the road, there was a wolf in front of her car. She swerved to avoid it and hit the Storybrooke entrance sign.

THE ENCHANTED FOREST - THE CASTLE

Geppetto and Pinocchio worked on the trunk. Snow White stared out a window.

She turned back and approached Prince Charming before saying, "I don't wanna do this."

"It has to be you," Prince Charming told her.

"I'm not leaving you."

"It's the only way. You'll go in there, and you'll be safe from the curse."

"He said it would be on her twenty-eighth birthday."

"What's twenty-eight years when you have eternal love? I have faith. You will save me, as I did you." They kissed. Snow White broke away with a look of pain. "What is it?"

"The baby. She's coming!"

PARAPET

Grumpy stood guard with Sleepy and two others. He took a drink from a canteen. Then he saw something and kicked Sleepy awake before yelling, "Wake up. Wake up! Look!" It was a creature flying toward the castle at breakneck speed, trying to outrace a cloud of purple and green smoke. The dragon flew past and Grumpy rang a nearby bell. "The curse! It's HEEEEEERE!"

STORYBROOKE - SHERIFF DEPARTMENT

Emma woke up and looked about her surroundings, seeing she was in a jail. There was another prisoner in the other cell. She heard whistling.

"What are you lookin' at, sister?" Leroy asked.

"Hey, Leroy!" Marco called. "Manners. We have a guest. So are you, uh, Henry's mother? How lovely for him to have you back in his life."

"Actually, I was dropping him off," Emma replied.

"Tch, don't blame ya," Leroy commented. "They're all brats, who needs 'em."

"Well, I'd give anything for one," Marco said sadly. "My wife and I, we tried for many years. But, uh, he was not meant to be."

"Well, cry me a river."

Sheriff Graham entered the room and unlocked Leroy's cell. "Leroy! If I'm going to let you out, you need to behave. Put on a smile and stay out of trouble."

Leroy smiled sarcastically and left.

"Seriously?" Emma asked, offended.

"Regina's drinks are a little stronger than we thought," Graham said.

"I wasn't drunk. There was a wolf standing in the middle of the road."

"A wolf. Right."

Regina entered and called for Sheriff Graham. "Graham! Henry's run away again. We have to... What is she doing here? Do you know where he is?"

Emma looked at Regina. "Honey, I haven't seen him since I dropped him at your house. And, I have a pretty good alibi."

"Yeah, well, he wasn't in his room this morning."

"Did you try his friends?"

"He doesn't really have any. He's kind of a loner."

"Every kid has friends. Did you check his computer? If he's close to someone, he'd be emailing them."

"And you know this how?"

"Finding people is what I do. Here's an idea. How about you guys let me help out and I'll help you find him."

They entered Henry's room and Emma searched Henry inbox. "Smart kid - cleared his inbox. I'm smart too. A little hard disk recovery utility I like to use..." She held up her device.

"I'm a bit more old-fashioned in my techniques," Graham said. "Pounding the pavement, knocking on doors, that sort of thing."

"You're on salary. I get paid for delivery. Pounding the pavement is not a luxury I get. Huh. His receipt for a website - whosyourmomma.org. It's expensive. He have a credit card?"

"He's ten," Regina deadpanned.

"Well, he used one. Let's pull up a transaction record." Emma did so. "Mary Margaret Blanchard... Who's Mary Margaret Blanchard?"

"Henry's teacher."

They made their way to the classroom to see the teacher holding a bluebird.

Mary Margaret said, "As we build our birdhouses, remember - what you're making is a home, not a cage. The bird is free and will do what it will. This is for them, not us. They're loyal creatures. If you love them and they love you, they will always find you."

The bell rang and Mary Margaret looked to the class. "We'll pick this up after recess. No running!"

The kids filed out of the classroom as Regina shoved through them. Emma trailed behind.

"Miss Mills," Mary Margaret called. "What are you doing here?"

"Where's my son?" Regina demanded.

"Henry, I assumed he was home sick with you."

"You think I'd be here if he was? Did you give him your credit card so he can find her?"

Mary Margaret squinted, seeing Emma. "I'm sorry, who are you?"

"I'm his... I'm his..." Emma struggled to find the right word.

"The woman who gave him up for adoption," Regina explained.

"You don't know anything about this do you?" Emma questioned.

"No, unfortunately not."

Mary Margaret sifted through her wallet and noticed her credit card was missing. "Clever boy... I should never have given him that book."

Regina frowned. "What in the hell is this book I keep hearing about?"

"Just some old stories I gave him. As you well know, Henry is a special boy. So smart, so creative, and as you might be aware, lonely. He needed it."

"What he needs is a dose of reality. This is a waste of time." She turned to leave, knocking over a stack of books. "Have a nice trip back to Boston."

"Sorry to bother you," Emma said.

Mary Margaret offered a small smile. "No it's... It's okay. I hear this is partially my fault."

"How's the book supposed to help?"

"What do you think stories are for? These stories are classics. There's a reason we all know them. They're a way for us to deal with our world. A world that doesn't always make sense. See, Henry hasn't had the easiest life."

"Yeah, she's kind of a hardass."

"No, it's more than her. He's like any adopted child. He wrestles with that most basic question they all inevitably face - why would anyone give me away?" She paused, seeing Emma's face. "...I am so sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean in any way to judge you."

"It's okay."

"Look, I gave the book to them because I wanted Henry to have the most important thing anyone can have. Hope. Believing in even the possibility of a happy ending is a very powerful thing."

"You know where he is, don't you?"

"You might want to check his castle."

THE ENCHANTED FOREST - THE CASTLE

Snow White was in the final stages of labor. Prince Charming held her while Doc waited by the bedside. Concurrently, the Queen's forces rode through a forest to the castle.

"Ahhh!" Snow White cried. "Help! I can't have this baby now!"

"Doc. Do something," Prince Charming said, turning to Snow White and saying, "It's gonna be okay. The wardrobe's almost finished, just—just hold on."

"Nooooo! Ahhh!"

Geppetto entered the room and informed, "It's ready."

Prince Charming, softly, replied, "It's ready." He started to pick up Snow White.

"It's too late," Doc told him. "We can't move her."

"Push. Push."

The Queen's riders were followed closely by the Dark Curse. Snow White successfully gave birth, to an infant covered in a blanket with "Emma" embroidered on it. Prince Charming kissed Snow White's forehead.

Snow White said groggily, "The wardrobe. It only takes one." She and Prince Charming shared a look until a blast and a whinny outside the door caused them to look that way.

"Then our plan has failed," Prince Charming stated. "At least we're together."

"No. You have to take her. Take the baby to the wardrobe."

"Are you out of your mind?"

"No. It's the only way, you have to send her through."

"No no n-n-n-n-no. You don't know what you're saying."

"No, I do. We have to believe that she'll come back for us. We have to giver her her best chance." Prince Charming kissed Emma on the forehead. "Goodbye, Emma." He took the baby, and his sword.

Two of the Queen's soldiers murdered palace guards. Prince Charming dispatched both, suffering a shoulder wound in the process. Emma was unharmed. He kicked open the door to Geppetto's workshop and placed Emma inside the wardrobe and gave her one last forehead kiss.

"Find us," Prince Charming said before closing the wardrobe and fought off two more soldiers. One wounded him in the abdomen, and he collapsed. The same soldier opened the wardrobe -- no sign of Emma. Prince Charming saw that his daughter was safe just before he lost consciousness.

STORYBROOKE - HENRY'S CASTLE

Henry was sitting in his castle, which was a wooden castle-shaped slide at the playground along the shore.

"You left this in my car," Emma said, holding the book out to Henry.

Henry took the book and looked across to the clock tower.

"Still hasn't moved, huh?" Emma questioned.

"I were hoping that when I brought you back, things would change here," Henry admitted. "That the final battle would begin."

"I'm not fighting any battles, kid."

"Yes, you are. It's your destiny. You're the one who's going to bring back the happy endings."

Emma frowned. "Can you cut it with the book crap."

"You don't have to be hostile. I know you like me - I can tell. You're just pushing me away because I make you feel guilty. It's okay. I know why you gave me away. You wanted to give me my best chance."

"How do you know about that?"

"Because it's the same reason Snow White gave you away."

"Listen to me, kid. I'm not in any book. I'm a real person. And I'm no savior. You were right about one thing, though. I wanted you to have your best chance. But it's not with me. Come on, let's go."

"Please don't take me back there. Just stay with me for one week. That's all I ask. One week, and you'll see I'm not crazy."

"I have to get you back to your mom."

"You don't know what it's like with her. My life sucks!"

"Oh, you want to know what sucking is? Being abandoned on the side of a freeway. My parents didn't even bother to drop me off at a hospital. I ended up in the foster care system and I had a family until I was three, but then they had their own so then they sent me back. Look, your mom is trying her best. I know it's hard and I know sometimes you don't think she doesn't love you, but at least she wants you."

Henry shook his head. "Your parents didn't leave you on the side of a freeway. That's just where you came through."

"What?"

"The wardrobe. When you went through the wardrobe you appeared in the street. Your parents were trying to save you from the curse."

"Sure they were. Come on, Henry."

THE ENCHANTED FOREST - THE CASTLE

Snow White made her way to Geppetto's Workshop, where a fallen Prince Charming laid.

"No. No. No!" Snow White cried, continuing to say "no", sat and cradled Prince Charming's head in her lap. "Please. Please come back to me." She kisses him, but nothing happened. She tried again; still nothing.

The Evil Queen appeared and said, "Oh, don't worry, dear. In a few moments you won't remember you knew him, let alone loved him."

"Why did you do this?"

"Because this is my happy ending." Two soldiers entered the room and the Queen addressed them. "The child?"

"Gone," the guard replied. "It was in the wardrobe; and then it was gone. It's nowhere to be found."

The Evil Queen asked Snow White, "Where is she?"

"She got away," Snow White said. "You're going to lose. I know that now. Good will always win."

"We'll see about that." She let out an evil laugh.

The ceiling cracked, and the air began to darken and swirl. Soon, the characters found themselves in the middle of a vortex of dark magic.

"Where are we going?" Snow White asked.

"Somewhere horrible," the Evil Queen answered as a window shattered inward, and the Curse flooded inside the room. "Absolutely horrible. A place where the only happy ending will be mine." The shards of glass from the window were suspended in midair, and then the Curse smoke covered everything.

Captain Jackie Sparrow tried steering her ship away from the smoke, but the Curse smoke enveloped her and her ship.

"We've been becalmed!" Captain Sparrow yelled. "Brace yourselves!"

STORYBROOKE - THE MAYOR'S HOUSE

Regina opened the front door to find Emma escorting Henry home. Henry ran inside.

"Thank you," Regina said.

Emma nodded. "No problem."

"He seems to have taken quite a shine to you."

"You know what's kind of crazy? Yesterday was my birthday and when I blew out the candle on this cupcake I bought myself, I actually made a wish. That I didn't have to be alone. And then, Henry showed up."

"I hope there's no misunderstanding here."

"I'm sorry?"

"Don't mistake all this as invitation back into his life."

"Oh..."

"Miss Swan, you made a decision ten years ago. And in the last decade, while you've been... Well, who knows what you've been doing. I've changed every diaper. Soothed every fever. Endured every tantrum. You may have given birth to him, but he is my son."

"I was not..."

"No! You don't get to speak. You don't get to do anything. You gave up that right when you tossed him away. Do you know what a closed adoption is? It's what you asked for. You have no legal right to Henry and you're going to be held to that. So, I suggest you get in your car, and you leave this town. Because if you don't, I will destroy you if it is the last thing I do. Goodbye, Miss Swan."

Regina headed back to the house, but Emma called after her. "Do you love him?"

Regina turned around. "Excuse me?"

"Henry. Do you love him?"

"Of course I love him."

Regina walked inside and stole the book from Henry's room. She held the book as she stared into a mirror, an angry expression on her face.

STORYBROOKE GENERAL HOSPITAL

Mary Margaret placed a flower by an anonymous patient's beside and held his hand. She did the same for a man in ICU with a wristband naming him 'John Doe'.

HENRY'S ROOM

Henry stared out his window at the Storybrooke Clock Tower, which read 8:15.

---

Emma made her way to Granny's Bed and Breakfast and heard arguing.

"You're out all night, and now you're going out again," Granny said.

"I should have moved to Boston," Ruby shot back.

"I'm sorry that my heart attack interfered with your plans to sleep your way down the eastern seaboard."

"Excuse me?" Emma called. "I'd like a room."

Granny looked at her, surprised. "Really? Would you like a forest view or a square view? Normally, there's an upgrade fee for the square but, as friends do, I'll waive it."

"Square is fine."

"Now, what's the name?"

"Swan. Emma Swan."

A man, Mr. Gold, entered the inn and said, "Emma. What a lovely name."

Emma offered a light smile. "Thanks."

Granny passed Mr. Gold a roll of bills. "It's all here."

"Yes, yes, of course it is, dear," Mr. Gold replied. "Thank you. You enjoy your stay... Emma."

Mr. Gold left the inn and Emma asked, "Who's that?"

"Mr. Gold," Ruby answered. "He owns this place."

"The inn?"

Granny shook her head. "No, the town. So, how long will you be with us?"

"A week. Just a week."

"Great." Granny took a key from the wall and handed it to Emma. "Welcome to Storybrooke."

MAYOR'S HOUSE

Henry was watching the clock tower from his bedroom window. The clock hands started moving and Henry smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 194 41
Emmett and Emma had always just had each other. And then a boy knocks on their apartment door. Their world changes for the better, and in more ways...
423 13 8
A fight for love in the midst of darkness will always prevail. That's something the heroes know to be true. But it won't be easy, saving those they...
780 2 18
Aria was just an ordinary girl who wanted an adventure so she took her boat out to sea where a terrible storm hit and her and her boat went flying an...
18.8K 460 47
Henrietta Wilma "Indiana" (Indy) Jones craves adventure and seeks it out as often as she can. But one adventure takes her far beyond her wildest ima...