(Yours Series # 3) Never Your...

By beeyotch

(Yours Series # 3) Kelsey Fuentes thought that after her failed experience in marriage, she would never dare... More

About The Story
Chapter 00
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Final Chapter

Chapter 12

74.9K 3.7K 1.1K
By beeyotch

Please follow @beeyotchupdated on twitter for real time tweet if any story got updated. Thank you. 

#NY12 Chapter 12

Sammie was already resting in her room when I received Eli's text saying that he was here. I rushed outside to meet him. He was standing outside his car, smiling at me.

"Hey..." I said after I hugged him.

"Sorry na-late. Tinulungan ko pa sila Ate sa reunion, e."

I nodded. I understood that he had obligations. I would never require him to fully devote his time and attention to me—because I would not want him to demand the same from me. We're both adults and although we're together, we still have individual responsibilities we needed to fulfill.

"Have you eaten?"

"Hindi pa. May laman na ref mo?" he asked, a little surprised.

I shook my head. "Delivery," I said, and he laughed. "But on my off, let's go to the supermarket?"

"Okay, pero bibili ka ng grocery? Marunong ka ba magluto?"

I frowned. "Hey, I can cook simple food."

"Tulad ng?"

"I can boil eggs."

He laughed. "Galing naman ni doc."

"You're teasing me."

He was still laughing. "Grabe naman kasi napaka-proud mo sa paglalaga ng itlog. Marunong ka man lang bang magprito?"

"I can learn."

"Sabi mo 'yan."

I frowned. "What I lack in cooking skills, I make up for other skills."

Eli was just laughing at me. "Grabe, joke lang naman, doc. 'Di naman required na marunong kang magluto," he replied. "Saan si Sammie?"

"Resting, I think," I said.

"Di ka sure?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. She's inside her room," I replied. I wasn't a very strict mother—as long as she's safe and she's not getting in trouble, I'd pretty much let her do whatever she wants. She's a smart kid—she'd ask me if she needed to know anything.

Eli and I were just on the couch, watching Netflix. I tried to kiss him, but he said he didn't feel comfortable knowing that Sammie's just in the next door and could walk in on us any second.

"Nung bata pa ako, naabutan ko sila Mama. 'Di mo alam kung ano'ng klaseng bangungot 'yun."

My lips parted. "Seriously?"

He nodded and acted like he's shivering at the thought. "Seriously. Kaya nung anniv nila, niregaluhan ko sila ng padlock."

I burst out laughing at what he said. Oh, my gosh! That would've been so hilarious. Eli continued his story and told me that Tita looked like she wanted to vanish into thin air at that moment and his dad just acted like he didn't understand why Eli was giving them the padlock.

"You have a nice family," I said.

He nodded. "Okay naman... Syempre minsan nagtatalo din, pero at the end of the day, pamilya ko pa rin sila," he said. "Pasensya na ulit sa inasal ni Ate kahapon. Naka-usap ko na sila. Sana magsorry."

"I don't need apologies," I said.

"Hindi mo kailangan, pero deserve mo," he replied. "Di ka naman niya kilala talaga tapos biglang ganon... E siya nga kapag pinagchichismisan, galit na galit. Tapos lakas mangjudge ni Ate kahapon."

"They're just worried."

"Di ka talaga galit?"

I shrugged. "Already used to people's comment on my life..." I replied. It's not that I wasn't mad... it's just that I realized that whether I say something or nothing, people would still give their opinion as if they know everything—and as if their opinion matters.

I try to just let everything go, but it's a different story if Sammie's included—I'd do everything for that brat.

Instead of saying anything, Eli just draped his arm on my shoulders and pulled me close. I smiled at the gesture. Sometimes, I'd rather have this and silence.

* * *

After a while, the order arrived. Eli prepared the table and the food while I went in Sammie's room to wake her up... and to tell her that Eli's outside so that she wouldn't be so shocked. I'd introduce Eli to my parents and Sean on the weekend, but I wanted Sammie to formally meet him first. After all, hers is the only opinion that I'd actually consider.

"Sammie," I said, gently shaking her awake.

"Hmm..." she replied as she clutched the pillow closer to her face—that one she got from her dad. Sean's also like that when I used to wake him up.

"Samantha," I said.

"Mommy... I still wanna sleep..."

"It's lunch time."

"Okay..." she replied as she forced herself to sit down. She knew that she needed to always eat breakfast, dinner, merienda, and lunch. Sean always tells her that she needed complete meals so that she'd grow up quickly.

"Teacher Eli's outside," I said.

"Outside?"

I nodded. "I know he's your teacher in school, but I wanted to introduce him to you here—"

"But I already know Teacher Eli, mommy."

I chuckled at her response. "I know, but you know him as your teacher."

"Do I need to know him as your adult?"

I sighed at her terminology. "Yes," I said. "He's here as my... adult."

She nodded like it's no big deal. "Okay, mommy," she simply said. I smiled at the simplicity of her reaction. She's making this so much easier—and I knew that I also needed to credit Sean for this because he also reminded Sammie that one day, I'd have a new man in my life and Sammie needed to understand that. He's the one who introduced the idea to Sammie that aside from him as her daddy, she'd have a papa, as well.

Sammie got out of the room first and when I followed her, I almost laughed because Eli looked so nervous. He's acting like it's the first time they'd meet.

"Hi, adult Eli," Sammie said. My lips parted. Eli's face was painted with confusion. But Eli just went to her seat like nothing just happened. This kid, really.

"What?" Eli mouthed to me while Sammie's eyes were checking the food on the table.

"It's nothing," I mouthed back.

"Adult Eli, who will lead the prayer?" Sammie asked.

Oh, my god.

Eli just blinked—still confused as to why Sammie was calling him Adult Eli.

"You lead the prayer," I just said and Sammie began to say the grace before meal. After that, she just busied herself with food. She's so... normal.

"Adult Eli, can I please have some water?" Sammie asked because the pitcher was near Eli. Eli just blinked and then poured water in Sammie's glass. "Thank you," she said and then returned to eating.

"Sammie," I said.

"Hmm?"

"Do you have any questions?"

"About what, mommy?"

Huh.

I paused.

She's still a kid... She didn't have the prejudice adults have. For her, it's just a relationship—a relationship between two adults. No other factors like me having a kid or Eli being younger than me.

I envy the innocence kids have.

After we ate, I told Eli that I'd fix the table. Sammie was on the couch, trying to open the TV. Eli was on the other couch, just watching Sammie.

"Do you want help?"

"Yes, please," Sammie said. "I want to watch Disney."

Eli obliged and Sammie thanked him. I smiled while I was watching them. It felt weird... but also nice. I didn't tell Eli, but I was really hoping that they'd get along well. They already knew each other from school, but this one's different.

I wasn't looking for someone, but I knew that if ever someone came into my life, he needed to get along with Sammie or he's gone. I'd always choose my daughter first.

And I was thankful that Eli's so good to her.

I really could not ask for more.

I was quietly putting the excess food in the microwavable while Eli and Sammie were just watching TV.

"What's instant daddy?" Sammie asked. "Will you tell me the meaning now?"

My head automatically snapped at their direction. I saw Eli look at me, his eyes wide like he got caught.

"Why?" I asked Sammie.

She shrugged. "Pat's mom called Teacher Eli instant daddy and I'm just curious," she simply said before returning her attention to the show she was watching.

Eli stood up and walked towards me.

"What was that?" I asked.

He sighed. "Wala 'yun..."

"They're talking about us in school?" I asked. I knew that those bored housewives were very interested in my life and I refuse to do anything with them—but if they're telling all these things in front of my daughter, I needed to know.

"Minsan," he said, looking at the floor.

"In front of Sammie?"

He quickly shook his head. "Isang beses lang 'yon."

"You should've told me," I said seriously.

"Kinausap ko naman si—"

"She's my daughter," I said, cutting him off. "I'd appreciate it if you tell me things like that."

His lips parted like he was surprised. "Okay," he said. "Next time, sasabihin ko agad sa 'yo."

I stared at him and sighed. "I'm sorry. It's just... she's my daughter and I'm just very protective of her."

He nodded. "Alam ko naman 'yon."

We stood there in silence.

I didn't know what I'd say next.

"Uwi na ko," he said after minutes of silence between us. "May aayusin pa ako sa reunion," he continued before he kissed my cheek and bade goodbye to Sammie before walking out the door. 

*** 

This story is already finished on Patreon (patreon.com/beeyotch)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 32.7K 56
Cyra Lim has been secretly in love with Eli Dasilva for as long as they've been best friends. One problem: Eli is a playboy, and Cyra has resigned he...
1.9K 390 39
Jounalism Series #1 Completed Genre: Romance/Mystery/Tragic Samantha Pein Ramirez was a Journalist, who happened to be involved on a Bomb explosion. ...
My lover By Markshin

General Fiction

6.8M 47.6K 53
Mariella "Ella" Ruiz is the perfect example of an unreachable dream. She has a nice pair of eyes, kissable lips, beautiful body, over flowing sex app...
1.2M 9.8K 1
(Game Series # 3) Avery Brienne Eliseo never wanted the 'normal' life. Ever since she was born, she already knew that the life she'd lead would be fa...