Our Little Secret - Harry Lew...

By __ch3rryb0mb

Olivia Evans was a quiet girl that didn't bother much with anyone but herself. Until she started spending tim... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
A/N
Chapter 30
Alternate Ending
Epilogue
Authors note

Chapter 24

4K 37 7
By __ch3rryb0mb

A/N - This is a saaaaad chapter

November 2020

Harry rubbed the sweat off his forehead and twisted open the bottle of water he held in his hand. Olivia reached up from her reclined position on the lounger and took the water from him.

"I was going to drink that you know" Harry said slipping his sunglasses on to shield them from the strong Dubai sunlight

"The key word there is 'was' Harold" Olivia smiled sweetly

She tipped the bottle back and took a few sips before Harry squeezed the bottle causing water to spurt all over Olivia, soaking her and the lounger she was lying on. She rubbed the water from her eyes and looked at Harry with rage in her eyes. Harry widened his eyes and stripped off his t-shirt, running to jump into the pool that sat on the couples balcony.

"You're already wet you may as well jump in Liv" he called

Olivias anger soon turned to laughter and she joined him in the pool, splashing about and trying her hardest to dip Harry under the cool water. He wrapped his arms around her neck and the pair drifted about the water almost weightless, their arms anchoring them together.

The ridges of the tile on the pool wall could be felt between Harrys shoulder blades as he connected with the edge of the water. He leaned in and kissed Olivia deeply, pulling away and resting his forehead on hers, his hands roaming her back until reaching the knot that held the bikini top she was wearing together. He pulled one string, loosening it completely and Olivia narrowed her eyes at him.

"That's the quickest you've ever been able to do that" she teased

"Your bras don't have a string, they've got like some magic enchanted locking spell on them or some shit okay give me a break" he scoffed

Olivia giggled and leaned in again to kiss Harry as he fiddled with the other strap, her bikini top now floating in the water beside them, bare chests touching. Harry traced her tan lines with his finger.

"We've been here 5 days how are you so tanned already" he murmured

"Jealous?" Olivia said scrunching her nose

"Never" Harry scoffed before leaning in and kissing a trail down from Olivias neck to her shoulder

Olivia shut her eyes and let her head fall back slightly, the warm rays heating her face up. Harrys hands roamed around her body freely and just as his hands had reached the waistband of her bikini bottoms a phone began to ring. Olivias eyes snapped open and Harry groaned.

"It's mine, I'll be back in a minute" Olivia said giving Harry a small kiss on the nose and breaking from their position.

Hoisting herself out of the pool Olivia squeezed the water out of her hair and covered her chest with her hands, she rubbed her hands on a towel before wrapping it round her and picked up her phone to a phone call from her brother.

"Hi J  how's things?" Olivia spoke

There was a silence at the end of the phone for a moment before Jamie replied "Liv... I don't know how to tell you this but... but dad passed away"

Olivia felt the world around her come tumbling down. She knew her dad wasn't feeling good before she left for her trip but she didn't think it was anything serious " Jamie. That's not funny" she choked, Harry looked up from the pool with worried eyes, getting himself out and walking over to her

Her brother was now crying on the phone "It was just sudden, they don't know what's caused it. Maybe a heart condition he didn't know about or something, I'm so sorry Liv I didn't want to ruin your trip but I couldn't keep this from you"

Olivia let tears spill from her eyes, Harry now greatly concerned "I'll get a flight home, I'll look now. I'll speak soon okay. Please give mum a hug"

"Will do. Love you Liv" he sniffed

"Love you J" Olivia whispered, clicking the end call button

"Liv what's wrong?" Harry asked

"My dad. My dad" Olivia managed to get out

"What? What about him?" Harry quizzed

"He died" Olivia sobbed

Harrys face dropped, he didn't say a word just pulled Olivia into a tight hug and rocked her back and forth as she sobbed loud gut wrenching cries into his damp chest.

Olivia lay in bed staring at the wall, she couldn't muster up the energy to do anything, she didn't want to talk, she didn't want to look at her phone, she just wanted today to end. Harry had called Gib to tell him that they wouldn't be out for dinner and in fact would be heading home soon. Harry felt at a loss for words, he hadn't really dealt with grief recently and the thought that someone he cared so deeply about could be in so much pain broke him in ways unimaginable.

He stood at the doorway of the room looking at the ball underneath the thin sheets that he knew was his girlfriend.

"Liv? I got us a nandos delivered"

Olivia didn't reply, she just slightly moved her head to signify she was listening. Harry sat down on the bed with the bag of food and tapped her gently on the shoulder.

"Please eat something. I know it's the last thing you want to do but I don't want you to starve"

She turned round to face him, her eyes swollen and red and pushed herself up so she was sitting facing the food.

"Thanks" she murmured

Harry gave her a feeble smile as she took a chip " Flights are booked for 8 tomorrow morning, it's the earliest I could get. I got you a connecting flight to Guernsey and I'll go back to the flat, pick up some clothes and I'll come after"

"Harry you don't need to do that. You'll be knackered, I'll have some clothes left in my mum and dads" she replied, her words faltering at the last part, lip quivering

"No. I want to be there for you and your mum and Jamie too. I really liked your dad" Harry insisted

"He really liked you too" Olivia whimpered before breaking down again

Harry placed the food down on the side table and wrapped his arms around Olivia, she continued to cry as he stroked her hair, she cried for so long that Harry wasn't even sure when she stopped as they both fell asleep. He woke up without her in his arms and panicked, until he saw faint plumes of smoke coming from the balcony.

Outside, Olivia sat with a cigarette burning in her hand, the loud sounds of the busy street below her, everyone else's life had not been affected in the way hers had today. Or had it? Was it maybe even worse? Despite being in such a beautiful place, she couldn't help but think of how cruel and horrible the world was. Harry opened the door and joined his girlfriend outside.

"You stopped for a bit" he said nodding toward the cigarette in Olivias hand

She shot him a look that said 'don't test me' which Harry received loud and clear "Sorry" he mumbled

"I remember the first time my dad ever caught me smoking. It was after a school formal. I think I must have been around 16 and Jess stole two off of her auntie Anne. We were round the back of the school, just where you used to come pick me up, and we thought we'd be safe. Jess took one draw and hated it, but I had already tried it and didn't mind it so I took hers too. I was halfway through the second when my dads car pulled up round the back. No parking spaces round the front of the school. I tried my best to put it out quickly but he knew what I was wearing and Jess too. He dragged me into the car and I was grounded for 3 months"

"You wore a purple dress that night didn't you" Harry said

"Yeah. I think, yeah I did" Olivia nodded

"I remember" he smiled

"What? How?" Olivia asked

"Because I liked you for a lot longer than I admitted" Harry blushed "I remember saying to my mates, 'Olivia looks banging tonight' and they all said 'She wouldn't go near you with a ten foot pole' they didn't realise I only had to wait another 2 years"

Olivia smiled for the first time since the phone call, a genuine smile. There was something about Harry that could make her happy no matter what the circumstances and she knew that even going into what could be the hardest few months of her life, that Harry would be there for her and she was eternally grateful for that. She stubbed out her cigarette and put a chewing gum in her mouth before crawling over to Harry and wrapping her arms around him, he pulled her into his lap and put his arms around her back, holding her tight, and if he couldn't shield her from the worlds horrors then this would just have to do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 58 42
Zoe is a normal girl her brother is Harry she's 21 years old she moved to London with harry but shes never met all the sidemen .What will the sidemen...
275K 2.1K 70
From an insta post, to meeting in person. Follow Harry and Lacey on their cute little adventure to love. Short Chapters x
146K 2.1K 31
the pair meet under far from ideal circumstances, yet apollo finds comfort in the man who saves her one night. [harry lewis x oc]
13.1K 176 21
I'm Sophia and I'm 17 years old. I've just quit college and well now I have nowhere to go. Mum's busy with work and well Dad and I don't really get a...