Power Built In Sorrow (Male R...

Von Hellbound199

A Young Man Lost His Family And Closest Friend To An Bandit Attack. During The Confrontation The Child Unlock... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55: Epilogue

Chapter 41

640 16 4
Von Hellbound199

- Vonika woke up in the guest room inside the Mayor's house. The very same room (Y/N) stayed at whenever he would return from his hunts and lay low for a bit -

"He was really bent on clearing Ares' army." She muttered, staring around the room. The walls were filled with paper that had their locations. Every single one is marked out. He was successful.

"What's this?" She asked, pulling out a wooden chest underneath the bed, "More locations of Ares' generals?" She continued, slowly opening the chest.

- She immediately turns bright red at what she saw. What she thought were more locations turned out to be illustrations of severely underdressed elf and human girls. She immediately shoved the papers back in and closed the chest -

'I think I know now why he always locked himself in this room.' She thought, shivering slightly. Vonika immediately pushed the chest back under the bed and looked for other stuff there.

- Before she could continue snooping around the room. Loud knocking was heard, making the poor girl jump in surprise and fear. She hit her head on the bed frame, making her scream in pain -

"Are you okay, miss Vonika?" She heard Benedict from outside the room. She mentally cursed in pain before putting on a smile to hide the pain from the bed frame.

"Y-Yes... I'm fine." She said shakily, trying to endure it. The old man smiled and gestured outside.

"The cart is ready, miss Vonika. I'm sorry for waking you up this early, but we can't go in the afternoon. Ares' men always patrol around during that time." The man apologized, bowing in front of Vonika.

"It's okay. And I already told you, Vonika is just fine." She said, smiling at the man.

"I'm afraid I cannot. Especially the person who will be the one to look over him when I'm gone." Benedict said, giving her a sad smile.

"Don't be like that, Benedict. You talk like your death is near." Vonika said, taking in the sad look of the man.

"Death is an unpredictable thing, miss Vonika... especially for an old man like me." He answered, making Vonika look at the man in worry. But he changed into a cheerful demeanor before she could worry more.

"Well, then. You better be off, or you'll stumble upon one of Ares' patrolmen." Benedict laughed, walking with her to the door where a cart was parked outside. Along with the same man she threatened yesterday.

- Benedict helped her up the cart before going back inside. Despite his age, he is still quite strong. She sat there patiently, waiting for it to move. Not wanting to make eye contact with the man she threatened to kill yesterday -

"I'm sorry for threatening you yesterday. I-I didn't even catch your name." She said apologetically, tapping the man on the back.

"It's okay... anyone would get scared if they somehow woke up in an unfamiliar place with a person beside them holding a knife." The man laughed, "I'm Warren Guevarra, by the way." He introduced, smiling at the girl.

"I can't wait to visit Orario and meet (Y/N) again." Vonika heard. She looked in the direction of the sound and saw the half-orc girl. Talking cheerfully with her human father.

'She's actually serious about going to Orario.' Vonika sweatdropped. She had forgotten about it already. Maybe it's why the carriage wasn't leaving yet.

- She watched as the girl's father gave her a kiss on the forehead before giving Valerie her bag. It was actually quite funny to see the girl go a bit down just so her father could reach her forehead. After goodbyes were said and a bit of tears, the half-orc sat in front of Vonika, and the carriage started moving forward -

"What's Orario like!" The girl asked, rocking back and forth like an excited child. Her rather bulky build almost made the cart tip over.

"Well... it's like your village, but larger..." She said, but an idea suddenly struck her, "It's more dangerous! There are thieves, drunkards, perverts, and lots of crazy people." She said with a smirk, planning on scaring the girl so she would change her mind.

- But Vonika was forgetting something... she was talking to an orc girl. A Xenos who looked more like a fighter than her. Valerie looked more intimidating than the guards in the village -

"A challenge! I can finally prove to (Y/N) how strong I am... and maybe, just maybe, he'll finally learn to love me!" Valerie declared. Vonika hung her head low at the failed attempt. Rather than discouraging her, she probably made it more appealing.

"Can I ask you a question?" Vonika asked, raising her head to look at the girl. Valerie nodded, "How did you perfectly guess the answer?" She asked. Valerie laughed.

"I just looked at your reaction with every answer. I wrote off the things where you would frown or slowly shake your head to and leave those where you smiled. After that, it was just a deduction. After removing all the possible wrong answers, you left me with her very description." Valerie explained, making Vonika curse silently.

"You're intelligent... for an orc." She said, muttering the last part. Thankfully, Valerie didn't hear it.

"Thank you! My father is the inventor of the village. He's intelligent." Valerie bragged, bringing a smile on Vonika's face about how the girl loved and respected her father.

"How did (Y/N) act... during his stay in your village?" She asked, wanting to know more about the Godkiller.

"He was distant but not mean. He would turn down an invitation, but he'd do it most respectfully, often turning down a girl's confessions." She answered, remembering those who tried and failed.

"His goal was to kill Ares and his generals. Every time he would stay here... the Mayor would always plead that he stay. And that revenge isn't the right choice." She continued, looking down in sadness for their poor Mayor.

"He left one day for Ares and never returned... we actually thought he died." Valerie said, tears welling up in her eyes, "But you came along and reassured us he isn't... and now, I'm going to get to meet him again!" She cheered, bringing another smile to Vonika's face.

"How is your village untouched by Ares? The neighboring ones are already either destroyed or desolated." Vonika asked. The girl leaned closer and told her to sit down next to her.

- Vonika was intimidated by her height. Valerie's just as tall as (Y/N)... maybe even higher. But she shrugged off the thought and listened carefully -

"My father's theory is that (Y/N) created a bond with the Mayor that let him access his Killers." She whispered, surprising Vonika.

"So that's why Ares is afraid of attacking here... he's terrified that his knights will get wiped out." Vonika said. Valerie nodded to her conclusion.

"We're here!" Warren said to both of them. Vonika stared at the location and saw the old and destroyed village, "I'll just find an area to leave the cart. You've been here, right, Valerie? Please escort Vonika to the farm." Warren requested. They were about to leave, but he called them back.

"Come back here. There's a patrol!" He called. Vonika and Valerie ran back. The three of them left the cart and hid inside one of the broken houses.

"Why are they patrolling this early!" Warren growled, peeking out the shattered window to see if the patrol has passed or not. He paled when he saw that they were checking the cart.

- The patrol was in two groups, consisting of four knights on foot and one on horseback. The first group walked towards the cart, while the other went ahead to scout the farm -

"Oh no! The farm! They'll desecrate the graves." Warren said in worry. Vonika crouched down beside him.

"Both of you stay here. I'll try and defeat the knights on the farm." She ordered. Warren nodded, and Vonika silently ran towards the trees, aiming to tail the group of knights to the farm.

"Look at the bushes, Valerie." Warren pointed. They both looked and saw the bushes moving, "Maybe that's a monster. It can scare them away." Warren said. What walked out the bushes was a doll... a really creepy one.

- They could hear the knights laugh at it. But they were in for a surprise. Halfway from them, a dark smoke covered the doll, and it enlarged in size, much bigger than the knights. It quickly ran to them and bashed the head in of the closer one with its wooden bat -

"What the hell is that thing!" Warren yelled in surprise as he watched it move.

- Another knight's head was bashed in before he could unsheathe his sword. Another puppet emerged from the bushes, wearing a red shirt rather than a white one. It quickly dispatched the other two knights leaving only the one in horseback -

"Is this (Y/N)'s doing?" Valerie asked, looking at the creepy dolls. She knew (Y/N) was the only one who could summon such powerful killers.

- The one in horseback tried to flee, but someone walked out of the bushes, carrying what seemed to be a toy shark as a weapon. The rider passed it, but the horse was the only one who got to run. The shark weapon's sharp teeth embedded themselves on the knight's chest, piercing through the steel armor and his flesh. They watched in horror as the man grabbed the knight's neck and threw him to the ground before repeatedly bashing his head to a pulp using its weapon -

"That's got to be his', right?" Warren asked. He was too afraid to assume because once he walks out and those things notice him... he's pretty much dead.

"I-I don't know." Valerie answered. She saw a fair share of (Y/N)'s killers when he would train behind the Mayor's house, but these ones felt weird and unfamiliar.

- The man carrying a shark weapon walked to the puppets and returned them back to their original sizes before strapping them to his belt. It gazed to the two and went eye to eye with Warren, making the man pale, before walking back into the bushes -

"What the hell was that!" He cursed, hyperventilating after going eye to eye with that monstrosity. His heartbeat wouldn't slow down. Just the mere sight of that thing scared him to his core... now he knew how Ares knights felt when facing off with The Godkiller's summons.

"Whatever that thing is. Let's just pray Vonika won't stumble upon it in the trees." Valerie said, also stricken to her very core.

[With Vonika]

- Vonika trailed the knights to the farm. She wanted to explore it and the house, but she had to take care of the knights first. She eavesdropped to see why the knight's patrol was different from the others and their purpose. Two knights walked towards the graves while the other three split up, acting as look-outs and guards -

"Dang it, Joe! That fucking Godkiller! We searched far and wide for this stupid grave, and he just buried them here in front of his house." The knight complained. His friend laughed and stared intently at the graves.

"Don't know, Clyde. It feels a little bit worth it. Hey, do you think his mother's body is still fresh in there?" Joe grinned, earning a smack from the head from his friend.

"You're gross, Joe. Do you know that?" Clyde glared. Only earning a shrug from his friend. He scoffed, "Whatever, just get it over with. Ares needs the bodies to use against the Godkiller." He continued, handing him the shovel.

"Oh, come on, Clyde! Don't be like that!" Joe shouted, earning no reply from his friend, who is clearly disgusted. He grumbled and walked closer to the grave.

- Vonika was about to spring into action, but something was thrown from inside the house. It appeared to be a ball of web. Sticking to the knight's left arm and to the ground, pinning the man there. A humanoid spider walked out of the house, making the knight scream in utter horror, which alerted the other members -

- The knights couldn't do anything as the weird spider trapped their friend in a cocoon using webs from the spools of webbing located on the backside of the monster. The knight's friend, Clyde, tried to save Joe, but he was pierced through his chest by the monster's scissor-like front leg before he could even get near to attack -

"(Y/N)? Wait, No... it looks different." Vonika mumbled, watching in curiosity.

- The other three knights fled, but it was proven to be in vain as three balls of web hit all of them, pinning them to the ground. The monster had excellent accuracy, managing to trap them all perfectly at long distances and even successfully dismount the one riding the horse. The knights screamed and pleaded, but every single one was pierced through the heart. After its hunt, the humanoid spider crawled back inside the house -

"What is that thing?" Vonika questioned, staring directly at the farmhouse's door to see if it is still waiting inside. But a hand grabbed her shoulder, making the girl yelp in fear. She turned around and saw Warren and Valerie.

"Thank the gods, it's you guys." She sighed in relief, still unnerved of the creature she just saw, "So, did the knights leave already?" She asked. Warren shook his head, sharing the same terrified look as her.

"No, some... thing walked outside of the forest and killed the knights with ease! There's a monster lurking in this forest. We need to hurry!" Warren said, looking directly at her, "Did you take care of the knights here?" He asked. Vonika shook her head.

"No. Something also killed the knights, but I doubt it was the one you saw." She said, making the atmosphere tenser as it signified other monsters are hunting here.

"Where did it go?" Valerie asked, joining in the conversation as she was too shocked earlier to speak.

"Inside the house... you stay here, I'm going to check it!" She ordered. Valerie grabbed her hand.

"Are you sure? It might be too dangerous!" Valerie reasoned. Vonika smiled at her.

"Don't worry, I can take care of myself." She said. Valerie let her go, and Vonika ran towards the house.

- She took a deep breath before entering. She wanted to confront whatever is inside the house. It might kill the next visitors of the grave. She walked inside and checked every room on the ground floor, she found nothing -

"Where did it go?" She muttered, her legs quivering in fear, but she still decided to continue her hunt for the humanoid spider. She heard footsteps from the second floor, and she quickly ran up the stairs.

- Vonika's heart was beating faster than ever. She summoned the bone-scythe as well as the cross to kill whatever is inside the room. Finally gaining her courage, she kicked down the door and walked inside, charging up her cross as it lit up. She stared eye to eye with a girl a couple of years younger than her. Holding what seems to be a pendant similar to (Y/N)'s -

"Who are you? Where did you get that?" She asked in a calm tone, trying not to provoke the girl. She only received a glare from her.

- The girl jumped down from the window. She tried to chase her, but she was instantly gone. Vonika felt nervous and panicked at what she saw, (Y/N) never told her about a sister. Vonika walked outside and saw the two putting the flowers Valerie brought on the graves -

"Dig up his sister's grave." Vonika ordered. Earning some questionable looks from the two.

"What are you talking about, Vonika? If this is a joke, it's not funny." Warren said, stepping back as he saw the desperation in her eyes.

"Fine, I'll do it myself!" She glared, picking up the shovel. Valerie quickly ran to her and held her hands to stop her.

"I know what I'm doing! Let me go!" She struggled, using her level three power. She got loose immediately and pushed her back, "Please, trust me! I'll tell you my reasons once I'm done." She pleaded. The two looked at each other and decided to let her, though Warren was a bit reluctant.

- Vonika dug up the grave, and just as she expected... it was empty. This earned a gasp from the two. Warren immediately got angered and started cursing, kicking whatever item his eyes land on -

"Don't get angered. (Y/N)'s sister wasn't taken." Vonika said, sitting down. Her hands, trembling in shock at what was just discovered. She might look calm, but she was almost losing her mind at what just happened.

"How'd you know!?" Valerie shouted, also angered at the fact that the body was missing.

"She's alive. I saw her inside the house, but she ran away before I could catch her." Vonika explained. Valerie was in shock, and Warren was in denial.

"How!? She's dead! I've been visiting this grave for years now! Even (Y/N) himself told us she's gone!" He lashed out. Vonika thought about revealing it or not, but she couldn't trust them yet. After all, she was living proof that not all friendly faces are people you can trust.

"I-I can't explain it now. We have to go back to the village and see if the Mayor already knows. If he does, then I could probably tell you. But for now, please... trust me!" She said. The two reluctantly nodded.

- The three removed all traces that they dug up the grave of (Y/N)'s sister. After that, they continued to pay their respects and pray for their souls. They decided to head back. Everyone was on edge, confused, panicked, terrified, and lots of other emotions bundled up. They're all holding it in until their talk with the Mayor -

<><><>

Welp, this is chapter 41. Bye!

Yo, I completely forgot we had a sister! (Please don't hurt me.) But she'll be part of this story now, as well as Valerie. I'm planning something more for when we reach S2 of Danmachi, so stay tuned. Plus! I'm at summer break now, my boys. I can publish more chapters!

If anyone is wondering. Our sister's power is from Identity V. A game in android and ios similar to DBD. The killers are terrifying, but it's different from DBD. DBD is like straight-up a horror film type of scary. While Identity V looks like creepy Tim Burton style killers, more out of a kid's nightmare. Both are almost the same in terms of gameplay, so why not join them.

Also, I still don't have a name for our sister. Suggest some here!

Or, would you like me to just put (S/N) [Sister's Name] in the story.

Comment on your choice.

Bye!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

19.6K 1K 21
Young, lost and naive Bell finds he has taken a wrong turn and is far from the dungeon city. Lucky for him a lone goddess offers her help
15.4K 309 14
Following the events of Danmachi Light Novel 18, Bell is walking through Orario, trying to clear his mind. Bell is a level 5 but soon will realize th...
18K 670 12
Reincarnated into Danmachi? Great. Missing an arm? I can deal with that. Being the last living Dark High Elf now the gods won't leave me alone becaus...
17K 826 21
What if a young man from Earth suddenly found himself transported into the world of Danmachi with his favorite book, the Necronomicon? This is the st...