The Turnabout of Hope Book 1:...

By DreamersWriters

Phoenix Wright becomes a defense attorney and finds himself in the most intense yet completely strange cases... More

Notes for this Story
Chapter 1: My First Trial
Chapter 2: The Intern
Chapter 3: Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth
Chapter 4: Turnabout of Sweets and Self-Love
Chapter 5: Think About the Past
Chapter 6: About the Past
Chapter 7: Turnabout Von Karma Truth Part 1
Chapter 8: The Von Karma Truth Part 2
Chapter 9: The Von Karma Truth Part 3
Chapter 10: A Mystic Introduction
Chapter 11: Two Sides
Chapter 12: A Deceased and A Spy
Chapter 13: Fey Family Fault
Chapter 14: The Interpol Case
Chapter 15: Escaping Evil Clutches
Chapter 16: The Turnabout of Saving!
Chapter 17: Returning Home
Chapter 18: Calling a Friend and Foe
Chapter 19: Discovering the Truth
Chapter 20: Turnabout of Points!
Chapter 21: Saying Goodbye to the Past and Hello to the Future
Thank You!
Chapter 22: The Chief Calls for Help
Chapter 23: Investigating a Corrupt Crime Scene
Chapter 24: The Turnabout of Real Truth!
Chapter 25: The Turnabout Terror and Demon Prosecutor's Victory
Chapter 26: Back to Work, With a Side of Justice!
Chapter 27: Unexpected but Expected
Chapter 28: The Turnabout of Wishes!
Chapter 29: Learning from the Best, Right? Wright?
Chapter 30: Even a Small Case is a Case
Chapter 31: The Turnabout of Plunders!
Chapter 32: Athena Cykes is Ready to Go!
Chapter 33: Cooking Up Disasters
-Thank You Again!-
Chapter 34: The Turnabout of Feasts!
Chapter 36: A Dance to NOT Forget!
Chapter 37: Magic is in the Air!
Chapter 38: The Ball Transforms
Chapter 39: The Turnabout of New Truth!
Chapter 40: A Serene Ending
Epilogue: A Puzzling Foe
Bonus Chapter 1: Nightlife Freunds on New Years!
Bonus Chapter 2: Be A Girl, Pastel Heroines!
Bonus Chapter 3: Apollo and Athena Finally Get Together!
Bonus Chapter 4: A Christmas Exchange
Author's Note

Chapter 35: Too Many Invitations

33 1 0
By DreamersWriters

(With this, we have five chapters left of this series! I'm going to miss writing this one! This was so much fun! I can't wait for my two prequels and the sequels! Speaking of a prequel, that might come sooner than we all think considering the released the trailer for the English translation of the Great Ace Attorney! Now, we just need the investigations Series translated! Also, if you all think I spelled Sherlock as Herlock, there is a reason for everything! Enjoy!)

(Makoto's POV)

Wright Anything Agency, Main Lobby

November 2nd, 2:15 PM

                    After Athena's trial, we've been handling cases left and right together and doing pretty well. Either way, now that I am the Ultimate Defense Attorney, I am allowed to take on cases! Well, I could take cases before, but now I can do it with by myself! Though, I have to give Mr. Wright the letter.

"Another case where we found the truth! Even if I have to lose to Klavier" Apollo said as he entered the room.

"Sometimes that is how it goes. The defense must lose sometimes. Just like when I lost my first case" Mr. Wright said entered the room.

Ah, perfect timing!

"Hey Mr. Wright! My school has a letter for you" I said warmly as I handed it to him.

"A bit old fashion, but not bad!" Mr. Wright said as he took the letter from me.

He opened it to examine the letter to see what it was about.

"Wow! This is quite an honor" he said amazed and pretty proud of himself.

"What is it, boss?" Athena asked eagerly as she heard happiness coming from his heartbeat.

"It looks like Hope's Peak Academy wants me and my employees to attend a dinner party. It looks like they want to celebrate all of our hard work and have us teach the other students about the law as well!" Mr. Wright said in a happy voice.

Athena cheered in delight while Apollo's jaw dropped.

"Kyoko even gave a few letters to the Acting Prosecutor and even some members of the Investigation Corp" I said in delight.

"Whoo! It sounds like a party! I can't wait! Oh! Do you think I could bring Pearls and Iris?" Maya asked eagerly as she clapped her hands in delight.

"I don't see why not. I think it will be fun" Mr. Wright said just as his phone buzzed.

He took it out and answered it with a brighter smile on his face.

"Ah Professor Layton. Nice to hear from you again. What does the famous professor want with my lawyer team? An awesome defense attorney to help your kids and the Yard with a case?" Mr. Wright asked with a grin.

"Aha. Don't flatter yourself, Mr. Wright. I was just calling to let you know that my family will be coming over. We would love to see you and Mr. Edgeworth again if you don't mind" the professor said with a grin as his wife joined his side.

Wow! This is something. I didn't know the Laytons were coming! What kind of party is this? I wonder why the school wanted them to come. Don't get me wrong, I love them, and they were a huge help in the Turnabout of Points. Still, they live in Galar. I don't know, something seems odd about this.

"Hm?" Apollo asked himself surprised.

"What's up?" Athena asked him as he shook his head.

"Nothing. I just have to head out. Looks like something came for me from home. I've got to check it out. I'll see you guys later!" Apollo said excitedly as he took his phone and ran out of the room.

Well, he's excited. I can't blame him. Getting a package from a family member is always something awesome! Well, Athena and I were looking over cases just as Kyoko and Kay entered the office with bright grins on their faces.

(Phoenix's POV)

"Ah nice to see you two here. How was your day?" I asked them with a grin.

"Pretty good. Soon, I'll be done with classes and then start my training of being the Great Thief Detective!" Kay shouted with pride in her voice.

"As for me, I wanted to ask Makoto if he dropped off his letter to you, Mr. Wright" Kyoko said seriously.

"Yeah, I got it. Don't worry. I was just about to RSVP to your school that the Wright Anything Agency is coming to your school for the dance!" I answered her warmly as she then sat at Makoto's small desk.

Maya got up from the couch as she noticed something odd.

"Hey, where's Pearls?" Maya asked worriedly as I noticed that Pearls wasn't here along with Trucy!

"Hey! Trucy was supposed to be with her too!" I shouted worriedly.

"They might be outside the train station. Let's go" Maya said to me as she tried to calm herself down.

"R-right! Let's check there. Kay, go home. Athena, you're in charge of the office" I ordered.

Kaliforunia, Train Station

November 2nd, 3:23 PM

We left the office and rushed to the station. We found little Pearls there by herself. She looked worried. Maya rushed to embrace her while I panicked. Trucy wasn't with her...

"Oh, my gods, Pearly, what are you doing here?!" Maya asked worriedly as she checked on her.

Pearls looked fine, but I couldn't find Trucy.

"I was just waiting for Trucy to return" Pearls answered, "She ran off there. She had a note too"

Why would Trucy listen to a note?! I have to find her!

"Ok, Maya take Pearl back home. Kyoko, please call Gumshoes. Just have people start looking for her! Oh gods, Trucy!" I shouted as I ran down the street and searched for her, my light.

Please, please! Don't let Trucy be in danger! Please let me find her!

(Apollo's POV)

Kaliforunia, Abandon Building

November 2nd, 3:45 PM

Well, that was a prank text. Never trust a text from a number that claims to be a delivery companion. Sigh, I thought I got a package from home. I would kill for some tea and snacks from home.

"Dimere!" Trucy shouted in delight as I stopped for a moment.

What is she doing here?! I rushed into the building and climb up the stairs and found Trucy sitting in the center of the room! What is she doing here?!

"Trucy?!" I shouted surprised as I rushed towards her.

"Hi Polly! What's up? Why are you here?" Trucy asked curiously, "Oh! Are you going to meet daddy here too?!"

Wait, what? Mr. Wright would never send his daughter to a dangerous location. Why do I get the feeling we've been set up? But who would want to set us up? Does someone want to get rid of us?!

(Makoto's POV)

Kaliforunia, Abandon Building

November 2nd, 3:57 PM

Mr. Wright, Kyoko, and I finally reached an unfinished building after finding the note about telling us where Trucy wondered off too. We left the office under Athena's care as she tried to contact Mr. Edgeworth about their daughter missing. Mr. Wright was on his phone trying to reach any of the detectives about this. Kyoko and I were walking around the building with flashlights in our hands.

"I just don't understand. Who would kidnap Trucy?" I said in a whisper to Kyoko.

I didn't want to stress my boss out more. I couldn't imagine the stress he was under right now.

"Someone with a personal grudge against them. I don't have all the facts to make a claim, but I am sure there is something about them that made the person take Trucy" Kyoko whispered back to me.

That didn't reassure me. Mr. Wright received another voice mail from Mr. Edgeworth again. Mr. Wright put his phone away and tried to calm himself down. He has to if he is going to find his daughter.

"I'm fine, Polly!" Trucy's voice rang loudly.

The three of us stopped and ran over to the source of the voice and found Apollo kneeling before Trucy who was practicing her magic tricks!

"Trucy!" I said in relief as Mr. Wright felt overwhelmed with relief that he nearly fell down.

"What are you doing here? Come on! We have to go home! Uncle Edgeworth is going to angry" Phoenix said in relief as he took a step towards her and Apollo.

Then, the building began to shake! Trucy jumped into Apollo's arms as he stood up. However, the building began to shake more!

"Daddy! I'm scared!" Trucy wailed as Apollo tried his best to keep her calm.

"Don't worry, daddy's coming!" Phoenix reassured her as he picked himself up and went to his children.

However, I quickly slapped my face, gave Kyoko my flashlight, and then pulled my boss away!

"Sorry about this but trust me!" I shouted as the building began to break apart, "Kyoko! Make sure he gets out of here!"

"Got it. Please come with me, Mr. Wright" she said as she pulled him after her.

"No! What about them?!" Mr. Wright shouted as he looked at us.

The building began to crack as Apollo and I held Trucy. A large crack formed between us as Kyoko forced Mr. Wright down the stairs and out of the building. I looked around and then looked at Apollo and Trucy.

"Ok, the both of you cannot let go of me no matter what happens" I told them seriously, "That being said, you two do trust me, right?"

"I work with you! I should trust you!" Apollo yelled in a panic.

"I do! I do!" Trucy said excitedly.

"Good! Now, jump Apollo!" I shouted as the two of them jumped and made sure Trucy was between us.

We jumped and landed on the other side. Apollo wanted to run, but I stopped him and shook my head. The stairs gave way just before Apollo was about to make a run for it! He gulped as I looked around.

"Take a step back!" I shouted as we took a step back to avoid a support beam coming down!

"How do we get out of here?!" Apollo yelled at me.

I looked around and saw a hole to the first floor. We ran towards it as Apollo shook his head at the idea.

"Trust me! We are going to be just fine!" I shouted through the falling construction around us.

(Phoenix's POV)

Kyoko and I got out of the building before it came down. I was in shock as Kyoko remained calm.

"Look what happened! They're gone! They're gone..." I cried out as I just stared at the ground.

My light... Trucy... She didn't deserve this... Neither did Makoto and Apollo... They are my employees... How could I have let this happened?...

"Daddy!" Trucy shouted in delight as she ran to me to give me a hug.

I couldn't believe she was alive and hugging me! I looked up to see Makoto helping Apollo up and walking out of the building.

"I assumed Makoto told you his special skill. Each one of us at Hope's Peak Academy has one. Mine is being a detective. His is being lucky and now, a defense attorney. Just because of his luck, he will be safe from harm. We had this tested at school when he was gambling with Celestia. His luck is that of a god almost" Kyoko explained to Phoenix.

I finally processed what happened and hugged Trucy while I was crying. I was just so relieved everyone was safe and alive. Afterwards, I made sure Makoto and Kyoko went home safely as I carried a sleepy Trucy in my arms back to our house.

Phoenix's Apartment, Trucy's Room

November 2nd, 5:25 PM

I placed Trucy back in her room and just stayed there. I couldn't leave her after all that. She's putting on a brave face, but I know she was just as scared as I was. I felt my buzz and stepped out of the room. It was Miles.

"Is Trucy ok?" he asked calmly.

"Yes, she's just fine. Thanks to Makoto's luck" I answered.

"Are you alright?" Miles asked as I heard the door open.

It was him and Kay. Kay rushed right pass me and went to Trucy's room while Miles walked right up to me. He pulled me close into his embrace as I cried. Oh man, I was just so worried. Trucy was gone and then I saw Makoto and Apollo in the building... They could've died...

"Everything is fine, Phoenix. They're safe along with you" he said in a reassuring tone as I nodded my head.

I held onto him tightly as he let me cry out my worries and fears. Once I did calm down, Miles gave me a kiss on my head as he patted my head. We then sat at the couch as Miles continued to rub my back in a soothing manner. Then, I calmed down and smiled at me with my brightest smile.

"Thanks Miles. I needed that" I said in relief as I leaned on his side.

"I know. That is why I am here" he reassured me as I gave him a kiss on his cheek.

He seemed pretty flustered as I laughed. Still shy about me expressing my love for him even in private! Ah, so you, Miles.

"I love you, Miles" I said as I sighed in relief.

(Kay's POV)

Trucy did wake up and cry a bit about being in a dangerous building. On the day I wasn't tasked to pick her up and this happens. Though, I am grateful papa let me come with me. I have to check on my baby sister! She was close to falling asleep, but the two of us did our dads talking to each other. We snuck out of her room and saw them helping each other as well as getting along. Honestly, I don't understand why dad hasn't gotten a ring yet. He clearly wants to spend the rest of his life with him!

"Daddy really loves him" Trucy whispered to me.

Ah, I was right! The Great Thief Detective Strikes again!

"So, what do you want to do about it?" I asked her mischievously.

"Help daddy get with Uncle Edgeworth!" Trucy whispered determinedly.

"Ah, then, let's combine our forces and get our dads together forever!" I said as I held out my hand to her.

She nodded and shook my head eagerly. Ah, this would be the first of many team ups with the Great Thief Detective and the Magical Girl! Now, we just have to do this without getting caught nor being too suspicious. That should be easy for us! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61K 2.3K 27
*COMPLETED UNDER EDITING* (Y/N) (L/N) is a successful attorney who thinks she has her life together, living with her wonderful boyfriend and fighting...
4.3K 168 10
Miles Edgeworth is an imfamous crime boss in Tokyo. When he's framed for a murder, his younger brother, Julian, seeks the help of Phoenix Wright to h...
14.6K 518 41
A Roleswap AU, fairly self explantory Ships- Part One: Phoenix Wright/Miles Edgeworth Lana Skye/Mia Fey Dick Gumshoe/Maggey Byrde Franziska von Karma...
17.4K 442 11
When Phoenix Wright's cousin moves to town as a new prosecutor, old feelings spark in Miles Edgeworth. Note: SMUT warning, if you're under 18 or don'...