A Different Halloween

由 idnthavurneekps

How would things change if Lily had taken Harry for a health check up on the day of Halloween. If Harry made... 更多

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Author's Note
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66

Chapter 47

2.5K 88 13
由 idnthavurneekps

-oOoOo-

Hermione found her belongings had been placed at a four-poster bed between Pansy's and Susan's, they had Tracy, Daphne and Millicent across from them. Hermione knew Dudley and Luna would be desperate to hear from them so sat on her new bed and took out her mirror. "Snow White for Thumper and Ariel – expand."

The other four girls were arranging their belongings while attempting to peek at what was going on, especially when Susan repeated the process. Both girls were clearly talking to other people and it was Pansy whose curiosity got the better of her first.

The dark haired girl peered over Hermione's shoulder and spied five other faces appearing on what she'd assumed was a simple mirror. "Hermione, how is this possible?"

"Oh, these are PMP prototypes that we're product testing. Remus hopes to have them on sale by next year at the latest. Neville, Susan, and Harry you know, the other two are our friends Dudley and Luna."

Pansy was even more confused with that answer. ""Didn't you say earlier that these two were somewhere outside London and that the boy was a muggle?"

"They're in my house in Crawley and Dudley isn't magical, but I don't see your problem?"

Millicent had given up all pretence that she wasn't dying to know what these things were. She was now leaning over Hermione's other shoulder while Tracy and Daphne had taken up the same positions around Susan.

The large Slytherin girl was also still having trouble with this. "How can a muggle use a magical device? Isn't that against the statue of secrecy?"

"Dudley stays with Harry and I, he's currently living with my parents since his are the Potters and they're now here full time."

Any more explanations from Hermione were cut off as her parents appeared in Dudley's mirror. The other four Slytherin girls were left to watch in disbelief as all these people chatted with each other, despite some of them being hundreds of miles away from Hogwarts.

The same scenario was also taking place in the first year Slytherin boy's dorm. Greg, Vincent, Theo and Blaise were every bit as impressed as their female counterparts. All eight new Slytherins were looking at the item that had just shot straight to the top of their Christmas wish lists.

When a green 'P' appeared in the last space of the mirror, the watchers were amazed to discover that 'Padfoot' was none other than their head of house, Professor Black.

"Guys, you've all got a busy day tomorrow, don't stay up half the night chatting. I'm assuming there are others now listening in so I'll just welcome everyone to Slytherin House, I'll meet you all in the common room before breakfast tomorrow. Night all."

This display ended any and all objections Millicent may have had over Granger's blood status. She had instantaneous access to their head of house and called the man uncle. It was also obvious that none of the others in their year had a problem with the girl.

After watching what an arse Malfoy had made of himself earlier, there really wasn't a choice left to make. Millicent was a Slytherin through and through, she wasn't about to buck public opinion, or go after someone so clearly well connected, over a simple thing like blood prejudice. She had to spend the next seven years with these people, she had no intention of making enemies. A happy house would be a productive house and Millicent knew she needed the best education she could get.

There were also eyebrows raised when Hermione placed Paddy on her bed, Susan smiled at her friend and answered the unasked question. "Hermione here needs Paddy to cuddle into when she hasn't got her Harry."

Hermione returned a sad little smile. "I've just realised something, this is the furthest Harry and I have ever been apart at night."

Daphne couldn't let that one slip by. "You sleep with Harry?"

"Since we were babies. We always have at least adjoining rooms, even when we go abroad on holiday."

Tracy's jaw was hanging open at this. "What does your mum say about this?"

"Oh Harry has the room next to mine in my house too. Mum and dad love him nearly as much as I do."

Milly took on the job of asking the most obvious question. "Is Harry your boyfriend?"

Susan was now giggling. "Harry is her bestist friend and sorry girls, Luna and I have already claimed the bridesmaid spots."

The other four girls were now giggling along until they noticed Hermione's reaction to Susan's claim. She didn't make any attempt to deny it, rather cuddled into her toy dog with a wistful grin playing on her lips.

-oOoOo-

Albus Dumbledore was standing at the edge of the forbidden forest and there was also a wistful smile escaping from his beard. He'd gotten close enough earlier to make sure the Potter boy had indeed entered Hogwarts. Since Harry was the spitting image of his father, there was no room for any doubt as Albus had seen the boy with his own eyes. If he was not mistaken, the Longbottom lad was in the same boat. This would be a target that was just too tempting for Voldemort not to attack.

He would have to be vigilant now, there could be no room for error here. Voldemort was sure to strike during the hours of darkness so Albus would have to keep a close watch on Gryffindor tower. His entire future depended on defeating Voldemort and saving the boy, failure was not an option.

-oOoOo-

Justin was wondering if he'd ruined his entire future by attending Hogwarts. His parents had him down for Eton and he was the one who had chosen the magical option. Now he found himself sharing a dorm with a boy who thought that Justin Finch-Fletchley should have been drowned at birth, and another whose manners would put a pig to shame. That this hog also snored louder than any pig could snort just added to his nightmare.

Thank goodness for Ernie and Hannah. Without them, Justin would probably already be writing home so he could leave Hogwarts. He was heartened by the attitude of the Second year girls who offered to let Hannah bunk with them, since she was the only first year girl sorted into Hufflepuff.

An older boy called Cedric had also taken him and Ernie aside to say that Hufflepuff was a very friendly place, and not to judge them all on the example of people like Malfoy and Weasley. Justin gave serious thought to those words and decided to give himself a fair crack at the whip before asking to leave. He also knew he wouldn't be sitting anywhere near Weasley anytime there was food involved, a letter home for a set of ear plugs wouldn't go amiss either.

-oOoOo-

Hermione had tossed and turned all night, at five a.m. she submitted to the inevitable and decided to get up and face the day. As she quietly got ready, the thought that she would see Harry soon had a smile on her face. She made her way to the common room and found she wasn't alone in struggling to sleep, Harry rose from the couch and Hermione rushed into his open arms.

Sirius found them, snuggling into each other asleep on a couch, when he entered the Slytherin common room to greet his new first years. Neville and Susan were ensuring that they weren't woken and assuring anyone who asked that this was perfectly normal behaviour for them.

The marauder could only smile as he very gently nudged them awake, he learned the hard way not to prank one of them when they were holding the other. They were about four when Sirius had thought it would be fun to wake them by spraying some water on them, he'd been magically blasted clean across the room.

Harry assumed Hermione was being attacked and acted accordingly and instantly, his snuggle partner had done the exact same thing. Lily had mended his injuries before laying into him something fierce while Emma calmed the two kids who were distraught at hurting their uncle Padfoot. Sirius had learned his lesson well and could only grin when they woke and noticed they were the centre of attention. They quickly stood but Harry never released Hermione's hand, Sirius was pretty sure you would struggle to slip a sheet of parchment between the two the entire day.

Lily and James had been concerned that the two would have trouble not being able to hold each other if they had a bad or big day, so much so that they had an extra bedroom in their Hogwarts apartment. They hadn't told the kids about it yet but asked Sirius to keep an eye on the situation in case it was needed. He would monitor the pair closely but was pretty sure the kids would be staying at the Potters for Hermione's birthday, anything else would be cruel to them. The adults were all aware of the bond that existed between Harry and Hermione, all were expecting it to one day lead to marriage. Any other outcome was simply unthinkable.

-oOoOo-

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

195K 5.2K 23
Hermione Granger just wasn't herself anymore. But maybe, with the help of her old friend and a little bit of time-travel, she could stop that from ha...
344K 19.8K 199
This is a collection of short chapters on an idea that refuses to leave my head. A reincarnation story into the Nasuverse. The chapters are rather sh...
30.2K 2.8K 64
Khushi and Arnav looked at each other and smiled. A pair of star crossed lover. One shots.. On Arshi
55.4K 2.1K 31
The summer after Harry's fourth year would have been much better if just one person in his life had disregarded Professor Dumbledore's instructions t...