Fate/Dead Man's Tale [On Hold]

By Zeonschilling

It was a pirates life for (y/n). The endless blue sea is what he would see and that's where he eventually die... More

Ch. 2: Changing Tides
Ch. 3: Deal With A Deadman

Ch. 1: Forgotten Treasure

1.6K 42 2
By Zeonschilling

The art above is from fles. All I did was make it a servant card.

(Y/n) = your name

(L/n) = last name

(P/n) = pet's name

Scallywag was a word that was used to describe pirates. The reputation that they had was infamous from treasure hunting to attacking ships and taking their valuables. They didn't follow the laws set for them by society but instead lived by their own and that is how they were written and remembered in history.

Somewhere In Japan

Yup, it's the female protagonist from Fate Extra.

Hakuno: I can tell that today going to be special. After months of saving, I finally have enough yen to play the mystery draw at the store. My friend won a brand new game console but with my luck, I should get something even better.

Shopkeeper: Hello miss can I help you with something?

Hakuno: I want to play the mystery draw game.

Shopkeeper: Let's take our business to the backroom then. Please follow me.

The brown-haired girl followed the shopkeeper into the back room. The room seemed quite small since there were boxes scattered around. In the center, there was a pinball machine.

Shopkeeper: Give me the money upfront. Then you get to play since I set it up so no coins are required.

Hakuno: Here. So how does this work?

Shopkeeper: Kid you just hit the ball and hope it lands on something good. Otherwise, you just gave me all this money for something you could have bought at a discount store.

Hakuno: What's the worst thing someone had won before?

Shopkeeper: A smelly pair of socks with holes in them.

Hakuno: Eww, why would you have that in the first place.

Shopkeeper: Because I received it for free so I needed some way to get rid of it.

Hakuno: I'm just hoping that you don't have something like that again.

Shopkeeper: I have plenty of worse things now. You'll be wishing it was those socks if you get them.

Hakuno: I'm going to hope this lucky charm works then.

Pulling it back the ball bounced all over the inside of the machine. From left to right it rolled over all of the holes before finally landing in one marked box P.

Hakuno: Is it a good box?

Shopkeeper: I don't know nobody has gotten that box before. So the original thing my grandfather put in is something I don't even remember.

Hakuno: So it's not a new game console.

Shopkeeper: Okay here the box now let's see what's in it.

The dusty cardboard box is opened. Only to reveal that it contained another box. This one however was wooden and looked worse for wear. It had chipped corners and the design on it was faded.

Hakuno: I got junk!

Shopkeeper: Oh, I think my grandfather found this one day when it washed up onshore. He said it gave him a strange feeling like the kind you get when something's not safe.

Hakuno: Great now I have a cursed box. That lucky feeling I had was a lie.

Shopkeeper: Well enjoy your old box then and tell your friends.

Hakuno: It's not even good for decoration since it's all outdated and hideous looking. Well, I could regift it to someone or maybe I could give it to Mr. Kuzuki for extra credit. It looks ancient so it probably involves history from somewhere.

The phone begins ringing is she picks it up.

Hakuno: Hello, Uzu you lied all I got was a stupid box!

Uzu: Not my fault you had such low luck.

Hakuno: Even this charm you gave me didn't work. I think it made my luck worse.

Uzu: Well if you hate it so much just get rid of it.

Hakuno: I'm giving it to Mr. Kuzuki tomorrow for extra credit hopefully.

Uzu: You're giving a history teacher a box.

Hakuno: Well it looks old he'll probably be interested in it.

Uzu: Well good luck with that. Yo, Emiya can you come by my house to fix my game console?

She hangs up.

Hakuno: Today is the worst day of my life. I'll never just blindly trust someone by their word again. Hopefully, mom doesn't get angry when she finds out how all that yen disappeared.

She walks to her home carrying the box in hand. When she enters her mother is waiting with dinner on the table.

Tamaki: Welcome home.

Hakuno: Thanks, mom.

Tamaki: What's up with the box?

Hakuno: I won it from a game I played.

Tamaki: They didn't have any better prizes?

Hakuno: No they just game me this one since it was a mystery reward.

Tamaki: Okay well don't develop a gambling addiction like your father then. Goodnight.

Hakuno: You dumb box you're causing me so much trouble. I can't wait until tomorrow to get you out of my hair. Oh man, the food is cold! I blame your box.

Box: ..........

Hakuno: That's what I thought you're speechless because you're guilty. Man, I need to spend more time with people I'm losing my sanity.

Hakuno ends up having to warm up her dinner again since she refused to eat it cold. Finally, she ended up going to bed and put the box on the nightstand next to her.

Hakuno: Now I just need to sleep until tomorrow so you can just become a memory.

Unaware that the seemingly ordinary box is far from normal she falls asleep. The music starts bringing life to the once silent night.

This is the only music box song that I found that perfectly fits the mood I'm trying to set.

Location???

A sight to behold was happening in an unknown location. In the shroud of the night, a small seaside village is unaware that a large group of individuals is sneaking around the empty streets. The only light is coming from the moon while all the guards are falling asleep. One of the individuals begins whispering orders to the others.

(Y/n): Chum you take some of the crew to the armory. Seagull you take the second group to the treasury. Shark tooth, you're in charge of dealing with the guards that are still awake. The rest of you are coming with me to kidnap the governor's wife for ransom

Seagull: But captain how are they going to pay the ransom if we loot their treasury?

(Y/n): Those high-class snobs always find a way to get more money. If he asks a friend or had some hidden it doesn't matter to me as long as he pays.

Chum: You're a smart man captain.

(Y/n): And that's why I'm your captain. Now let's carry out my plan. When we complete it successfully we'll receive a large amount of loot lasting us a few months.

Everyone ends up following their orders and going with the leader they were assigned. While the captain leads his group to the governor's manor. He tried to open the door but it was locked.

(Y/n): Look around for an open window. Well enter from there and exit through the front door.

They all nod in approval and walk around the house searching for a way in.

(Y/n): It's not easy being a pirate sometimes.

Crewmate: Captain I found an open window.

(Y/n): Excellent job let's go in quietly and take her.

He hopped into the house through the window and starts walking as quite as he could up the stairs. The stairs were creaking with each step he took until he finally reached the second floor. Many doors were laid out before him but one covered chains and a lock caught his attention.

(Y/n): That one looks more like a vault rather than a room. Whatever is in there must be worth more than a ransom if it's this secured.

Hakuno Pov

Hakuno: That was a weird dream. Especially when I don't remember watching any movies involving pirates.

(Y/n): So the princess has finally awoken. I thought I'd need to kiss you so you'd finally awaken.

Hakuno was startled by the voice and immediately tried to find the source. She located it from one of the corners of her room. There was a chair that had a male with (h/c) hair and glowing (e/c) eyes. He was wearing clothes that looked like the ones those pirates in the movies would wear.

(Y/n): What's wrong squid got your tongue or am I just that good-looking that you're speechless.

Hakuno: Who the hell are you and why are you in my room!

(Y/n): No need to yell I'm not here to harm you. However, you have something that belongs to me in your possession.

Hakuno: If it's the box you want here take it.

(Y/n) got up from the chair and started to walk towards her. The sound of his boots hitting the floor made Hakuno have done anxiety. When he finally is in front of her he puts his hands out like he is ready to receive the box.

Hakuno: I'm just glad to get rid of it. Now I don't have to worry about the bad energy that the shopkeeper was talking about.

(Y/n): You'll be surprised in a minute.

She grabs the box from the nightstand and turns around to give it to him. She drops it and right when it looks like (y/n) is about to catch it. The box goes straight through his hands and hits the floor.

Hakuno: What just happened?

(Y/n): Do you not believe what your eyes just showed you. It went through my hands and onto the floor.

Hakuno: No, no, no, no. This can not be happening right now. I don't want to deal with anything supernatural. I just want to live an ordinary life with my friends.

(Y/n): Well that's too bad missy your life changed as soon as that box was taken under your ownership. Also, check your hand.

Hakuno: Why w-oh my God!

Just imagine that it's red since I couldn't find one that looked like this in that color.

Hakuno: My mom's going to kill me for getting a tattoo.

(Y/n): It's not a tattoo it's a command seal. You're a master in the grail war that will be taking place soon. Sorry but you are now involved in this mess.

Hakuno: This is just a prank right. Someone's going to pop out with a camera and say got you.

(Y/n): Do I look like I'm joking around.

Hakuno: N-No.

(Y/n): Good because the only time I joke around is when there are wenches and rum and I don't see any rum here.

Hakuno: Did you just call me a wench?

(Y/n): If the boot fits. Now there is a simple solution if you chose not to take part in the Grail War.

Hakuno: Tell me!

(Y/n): You transfer your command of me to another person. There is multiple magus in this city I could sense it when I was summoned here.

Hakuno: Where can I find one?

(Y/n): I'm not done yet. You can give up control to another magus but they'll most likely kill you after your transaction has concluded. The final solution is the church but I wouldn't recommend it. That priest seemed untrustworthy in my opinion.

Hakuno: How did you see him if you were summoned here?

(Y/n): I ran over here.

Hakuno: Why did he seem untrustworthy to you he did something bad?

(Y/n): No but being a pirate included being able to decide a person's character with just one look. That's why I made sure each member of my crew was trustworthy and loyal. A captain's worst fear is a mutiny you can either rule with an iron fist or rule with the admiration of your crew. However, I was getting a little off-topic. Let's just say I can read people like a map.

Hakuno: So if I did somehow find someone to give your services to what would I do.

(Y/n): Now you're asking an important question lass. You see transferring command of me isn't like your run-of-the-mill servant. However, it's still a simple process...

Little did the two know someone was eavesdrop on their conversation.

??: Interesting

This concludes the first chapter of Dead Man's Tale. I had to do some research with watching pirate movies to try and get it that much better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 6.5K 93
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
465K 7.2K 82
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1M 39.6K 92
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
88K 1.7K 34
๐€ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐‹๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐š ๐‹๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐จ๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐๐ฌ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ ๐›๐ซ๐จ๐ญ...