Tainted hands

By Gracejenniferanne

Angelina is a strong-willed and closed off girl although she has grown up in a strong family. Because of the... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57

Chapter 48

6.2K 212 97
By Gracejenniferanne

When I was younger, I tried a lot of things to gain attention from my family. I tried to show them that I wasn't ok. I wanted them to ask me what was wrong. I wanted my brothers to become overprotective brothers. I wanted them to save me but it didn't work. They were all so focused on the mafia, on themselves. That they eventually forget about me all together. Days went by, I started to lose my hope. I was forced to settle for who I am. A shadow. It was my way to survive and now I don't know how to be anything else.

"Ange?" Jace was heartbroken. I didn't have to hear him say it for me to know. When he was younger, Boss always told him his mother was alive. So Jace fought for her. He gave up everything for his mother... He cried so softly when he found out it was a lie. He had signed to the devil only to find his only hope was not existent. He didn't want his father... his father was always the one who abandoned him and his mother. So, between both of our family problems, we became each other's family. I was no longer a shadow with him, and he was no longer alone. We were inseparable.

"Yes?" I croaked out. Which hurt me more than expected. The burn across my throat had really dug into my flesh.

"What are w-we going to do?" Jace had always been more hopeful than me. He always believed things would get better and how we both would get a happy ending. But this was it. there was no happy ending. There was no getting out. We were all stuck.

"We need to get out of here," Luke spoke promptly before sitting down on the bench. If I had the energy, I would advise him not to. There had been so many things I have seen happen on the bench. But then again down here is hell. Every nightmare you could think of everything you wouldn't dare to think of. Has happened here.

"We first need to find out where we are," Sam said.

"Perhaps we should ask 'Sparrow' and her 'sidekick'," Ben growled, glaring at me.

"We are in the black-market dungeons, and to answer your first enquiry there is no way out." Jace rolled his eyes giving my family a bored look.

"shut up."

"How would you know scum?" Diego hissed. "I bet your dumbass is the reason why we are down here."

"Shut up."

"Oh, trust me, I know a lot more than any of you ant brains combined. So, if anyone is a dumbass it is you lot." Jace smirked in triumph as Diego was going to say something but closed his mouth straight away.

"watch who you are talking to scum." John hissed clutching the bars. Behind him, I could see Rose. She looked so scared that I felt sorry for her. She did not deserve to be here. She had only just married into this family. She was innocent, she was pure.

"I said shut up." I croaked out as much as my voice box could let me. Using all the little strength I had, I sat up so I could see everyone properly. "Blaming each other is not going to fix this. If anyone deserves the blame game, it is me. so don't you fucking dare blame Jace because he hasn't done anything wrong. If anything, he had been more helpful than any of you combined." I glared strongly at each one of the strangers in front of me and for the first time. They stared bacl at me with the same gloomy look as I have I always stared at them...

They didn't know me.... I was a stranger to them as well.

"And how right is that princess?" I hissed under my breath as Boss walked past me with tony behind carrying some old television.

"Back so soon?" I asked sweetly tilting my head sideways.

"I just thought this reunion needed to be hit on fast forward. After all, I have so much planned for you, princess." The tv was prompted right in front of us all. In the vision of my family, Jace and all the soldiers who are now strolling in the room.

"like make me your wife?" I spat sourly. My family's heads snapped to me as well as Jaces. All of them giving me a concerned and disgusted look.

"All in good time, princess."

Devon's friends gave me a smug look while Devon looked at me with a blank expression. I could probably guess he felt good, he felt accomplished. If I was in his shoes, I would probably feel the same.

"I have always loved storytime. I call myself quite a good storyteller. What do you think angel?"

"I think I have heard better." He chuckled darkly before turning the tv on.

"so, I suppose we should start from the beginning, what do you think princess?" He smirked. I didn't dare say a word so I did the only thing I could do to cope. I looked away.

"well if you insist, it all began when little miss Garcia was at the age of ten. She was so full of life at that age. So pure and so beautiful." Clearing his throat, he continued. "I couldn't help myself after all many others wanted their hands on her. Because she was...different. She had power, she had strength, she potential. More than any of you fools had. You guys are stupid but she on the other hand has the strength to be a powerful ruler."

Videos of me fighting and training were showed on the tv. I was doing things what not many can do as adults. I was dealing with heavy machinery, I was dealing with bombs, I was learning how to kill as an emotionless monster.

"at the age of when you, younger folk began your training she had already made a name for herself. Although she had talent, she was stupid enough to make a deal with me. what was the deal again princess hmm?" he asked me sickly sweet.

"become one or let them die," I whispered not daring to look in their disappointed gazes.

"8 years and she has been mine. Doing my orders, making me millions, and being more powerful than any of you combined. She is more skilled, more intelligent, understands this world better than all of you so-called leaders. But yet again not even her can do everything."

Tears were streaming down mammas and paps face... my brothers looked with disbelief while my uncles and cousins had looks of heartbreak.

They finally see the destroyed person in front of them...

"which explains why we are all here... you see, six months ago I gave Angelina dear, a rather simple deal. Which I thought she was more than capable of doing but apparently, I was wrong. Wasn't it princess?"

I could never do what he asked... it was impossible from the start.

"As someone, I am sure you have heard of 'Blaze'. Was someone she was assigned to kill in six months. Was difficult? Yes, it was. But was it impossible? No, it wasn't... You see I gave her an option, a rather generous one. That if she fails to kill Blaze, I get to kill you guys." He said lightheartedly, smiling at my family. "And as you guys have probably guessed by now... she failed. Instead, she fell in love with the world's most dangerous and most ruthless assassin." Boss's hateful eyes were now turned on me. though he was not hating this- no. he was loving this. Everything he wanted was falling into place.

"I-I am sorry." I didn't know what else to say. What else could I say... sorry? Could that seriously cut it? nothing could fix this... no matter how many apologies I make, no matter how many tears I let fall. Nothing will fix this because now it is too late. There is nothing that can fix this. Nothing... I didn't know what to expect. Maybe for someone to say something. Someone to say they forgive me.... someone to accept me. But no one did. No one uttered a single word. There was nothing but silence.

Utterly terrible silence...

"D-Done be sorry."

My eyes snapped wide open and connected in seconds with Juan's saddened eyes. "don't be sorry." He spoke more strongly. "this is not your fault, none of this is. This old man took you from us and did this to you. You are not allowed to feel sorry. Because this is no one's fault but his and ours. I love you baby sis, and yet I failed you miserably. I needed to be here for you. You needed a shoulder to lean on and I failed to provide that. Family is meant to be here for you. Family is meant to help you through the downs and ups, yet we have all failed to do that. So, if anyone should apologise it should be us, and for a start, I will do it for all of us. On all our behalf, I am sorry, Angel."

"W-what? Why are you sorry?" I choked as tears started to stream. "this is my doing, I am the reason you are here... I-I couldn't do it. I-I was too weak – I couldn't kill hi-."

"oh, sweetheart." Mamma muttered. "you are not weak. You are strong. We may all be here but it is all for a reason. Because us being here hasn't just brought us to Jace our family but it has also brought us to you. And I am so happy and blessed to finally meet my strong independent daughter."

"As am, I." Papa spoke quietly. His eyes shinned differently. Different from however I have seen his eyes look at me before. "I am so sorry my little girl, I have failed you. If I had just been a better father, we all wouldn't be here today. But because of me, we are here."

"Well, isn't this just lovely?" Boss urged light-heartedly. "this is everything you wanted, isn't it Angelina dear." Boss and Tony laughed with each other.

"I will have to agree that this is the best thing I have seen in a long time." Tony chuckled while shaking his head at the scene. Soldiers joined their chronic laughter but amongst the crowd, there was just one person not laughing. He was staring at me.

His usual dark grey-blue eyes now shined brighter. It was more than just hatred it was now mixed with other things. He didn't look like he was enjoying this as much as he should. I killed his family; I destroyed his happiness. Yet here he, the one person who hates me most in this world, is looking at me with sympathy, sadness and Pity. Devon...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.4K 1.6K 36
Beatrice Anderson has never lived a normal life. Living in a town where gangs run wild and no one seems to follow the law Beatrice has become quite...
295K 11.3K 74
(First Book in The5Inferno Series) Angelina Hughes A tormented girl whose dark past leaves no stone unturned to make her present life a living hell...
76.6K 2K 44
Park Jia has always been a nice innocent girl, who was loved by everyone who knew her. She could brighten a room just by walking in and never failed...
374K 6.8K 79
*Mafia boss and his lost love* Alessa Romanov had endured a difficult childhood. Kidnapped at two years old, she had no memory of her biological fami...