Winter Is Here // Game Of Thr...

By Audelia01

"You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved" Audelia Stark of Winterfell, the beauty of the seven ki... More

Audelia Stark of Winterfell
Winter Is Coming
The King's Road
Winter Is Coming (Jaime POV)
The King's Road (Jaime POV)
The Ride (Audelia POV)
The Ride P.2 (Audelia POV)
Baratheon's dream
Honor (Jaime POV)
Bastard (Audelia's POV)
The Golden Crown(Audelia POV)
The Lion And The Wolf(Jaime POV)
A Hothead (Audelia POV)
Duty Over Love(Audelia POV)
Love Over Duty (Jaime POV)
Baelor (Audelia POV)
Black Is My New Color(Audelia POV)
Captivity(Jaime POV)
The North Remembers (Audelia POV)
What Is Dead May Never Die (Audelia POV)
I Swear It(Jaime POV)
Rescue Mission(Audelia POV)
Love and War(Jaime POV)
Hate or Love? Tomato Tomato(Audelia POV)
Walk of Punishment (Audelia POV)
Maimed Lion (Jaime POV)
Wolf Judges the Lion(Audelia POV)
It's Time(Audelia POV)
Pain(Jaime POV)
Death From Above (Audelia POV)
The Beginning of the End(Audelia POV)
Regret(Jaime POV)
Numb(Jaime POV)
Rains of Castamere (Audelia POV)
Painful(Jaime POV)
The Purple Wedding(Jaime POV)
Revenge Goes Both Ways (Audelia POV)
Sold(Audelia POV)
Hopes to Dreams to Disappointment(Jaime POV)
Wrong(Audelia POV)
Childish Fears(Audelia POV)
A New Era(Audelia POV)
If You Think This Has A Happy Ending... You Haven't Been Paying Attention
Scars(Audelia POV)
I've Had Enough(Jaime POV)
I Am Not Afraid Of Death(Audelia POV)
Bring The Pain(Audelia POV)
How To Keep Wanting Without Ever Getting (Jaime POV)
Life-Changing News (Audelia POV)
Decisions Decisions(Audelia POV)
War Again?(Jaime POV)
Don't Make Me That Guy(Jaime POV)
Are you Stupid or an Enemy?(Audelia POV)
Planning a War(Jaime POV)
I Wish This Never Ended(Jaime POV)
The Bear (Audelia POV)
The Army I Promised(Jaime POV)
I Served House Stark Once But House Stark Is Dead(Audelia POV)
The Battle Of The Bastards (Jaime POV)
The Winds Of Winter(Audelia POV)
The Black Wolf(Audelia POV)
News from the Capital My Lord(Jaime POV)
Physical Attraction Chemical Reaction(Audelia POV)
Questions But No Answers(Audelia POV)
Assurance(Audelia POV)
You Were Never Even A Player(Audelia POV)
With Love(Jaime POV)
Seven Hells(Jaime POV)
Nothing Ever Goes According To Plan(Third Person POV)
The Lone Wolf Dies(Audelia POV)
And The Pack Survives(Jaime POV)
Arrangements Can Be Made(Third Person POV)
Reuniting Brothers(Third Person POV)
Twins are not meant to be Lovers. Or are they?(Jaime POV)
The Night Gathers(Third Person POV)
In the Lion's Den(Third Person POV)
I Will Be Waiting(Third Person POV)
Old Endings and New Beginnings(Third Person POV)
Hidden Enemies and Common Friends(Audelia POV)
Second Chance(Third Person POV)
Now It Begins(Third Person)
Now It Ends (Third POV)

You Win Or You Die(Audelia POV)

1.8K 53 2
By Audelia01

"Hey Gendry".

"Hello", he greeted back as he hit his hammer on a sword he was making. 

"You're getting better", I compliment him as I look at the work he has already done today, picking up a dagger and examining it.

"Is that so?", he asked back playfully making me smile. He put the sword into water, cooling it down significantly. I looked at him, my smile falling. I knew I had to say goodbye.

"I'm leaving for Winterfell", I say, deciding to cut the chase. He looked up, and I saw pain in his eyes.

"Why? Was it something I did? Are your parents angry about what we did? I knew they would be, I'm sorry", asked Gendry, exploding with questions and apologies, I put my hands up stopping him.

"No, it's not your fault. My lord father wants me and my sisters back in the North, 'for our safety'", I put air quotes around the last part. He nods, but doesn't continue his work. "I'm sorry, I just found out this morning."

"It's not your fault", he replied, looking at me, a sad smile on his face. 

"But I was hoping we could spend today, as a goodbye", I say with hope in my voice.

"I would love to but you know, not everyone is rich like you around here, I still have to work to survive around here somehow", he said and I chuckled at his remark and pull out a small bag of coins.

"Don't worry, this should be enough for you to have the day off. If you want to that is", I say and he smirks at me.

The smith came over, angry that Gendry wasn't doing any work but then he noticed me, bowing immediately.

"M'lady, what a nice surprise, what can I do for you?", he greeted and I rolled my eyes at him but only Gendry noticed.

"Just wanted to borrow this young gentleman, I hope this covers it". I extend the bag of coins to the smith and he opens it greedily. He nods happily. I knew I paid him more than Gendry would make in probably a week, but it was also my somewhat going away present. Maybe the smith will stay off his back for a while.

"Where do you want to go?", he asked as soon as we left. I pulled my hood on as to not get recognized and we quickly walked down the street.

"Buns", I reply with one word. He didn't need to question where we were going anymore.

We arrived at the shop, ordering the usual.

"You know, since the last time I saw you, I was working on something. Nothing special really, but since you are going away, it could be something you remember me by", said Gendry, rubbing the back of his neck. He got something out of his pocket, and showed it to me.

It was a beautiful, silver necklace with a charm.

"It's a wave, symbolizing the time we went swimming if you remember..", trailed off Gendry and I smiled brightly as I took the necklace carefully from his hands.

"It's beautiful Gendry", I whispered, examining it more closely. "Thank you".

Gendry laughed awkwardly, and I put the necklace around my neck. 

"I won't forget you Gendry", I say as I look at him genuinely.  He had a sad but comforting smile on his face. 

"And I you", he replied. "I don't think anybody ever forgets their first time".

"Oh shh, the whole world doesn't need to know about our sex life", I scolded him in a whisper making him laugh.

"Yeah, I will certainly miss you", he said and took a bite out of his bun.

We sat in silence and I looked over at the Red Keep. It looked much smaller in the distance than it really was in reality. It's so hard to imagine that that castle was the beginning of everything. It was where I really saw Jaime, where I first gave him a kiss, where we sparred, and where we got to know each other. And now I would be leaving here.

I looked up at where the Sun was, and frowned. It was that late already? I had to get back.

"You have to go, huh?", asked Gendry and I looked sadly at him.

"I do, I didn't realize how late it was already", I replied sadly.

"That's alright, go", he encouraged and I looked at him unsurely. "This doesn't have to be goodbye Audelia, this could be a see you soon".

"But how do you know if it's a see you soon?", I asked.

"We don't, but if we believe it is, it's easier to leave", he replied and I nodded.

"Then see you soon".

"See you soon Lady Stark", he replied, knowing how much I hated him calling me that. I stood up, dropping a few coins. "I always knew you were just another rich girl".

"You don't know any other rich girls", I reply sassily the same way I did when we first met. 

We squeezed hands and then I began walking away.

I didn't allow myself to look back, it would make things a lot harder. But deep down I knew that this was for the best. Besides, I felt bad about using him to get over Jaime. He didn't deserve that. 

When I got back to the castle, everything seemed different. The servants were whispering, some looked absolutely terrified, others looked like they were mourning. The King's Guard was nowhere to be seen, nor was my father or sisters.

I walked down the halls, utterly confused. I walked past a room but heard wooden swords clashing against each other, and took a few steps backwards, looking through a crack between the wall and the door. Inside the room was Arya and a man, they looked like they were training with swords.

"Again", ordered the man when he defeated Arya, she stood up, sword in hand and got into her fighting stance.

They began fighting again, it wasn't fast like when me and Jaime trained, but it was still good paced. I watched them for a couple moments until I heard someone walking towards me.

"My lady", greeted the maid, bowing in front of me. I turned to look at her, a smile still on my face.

"Yes?", I asked. 

"I regret to inform you that his Royal Majesty, King Robert of House Baratheon has recently passed away due to an injury from a boar during his hunt", she informed me, the smile on my face disappeared slowly. I turned around, looking at my little sister training and laughing happily.

"Where is my father?", I asked, swallowing a ball that formed in my throat.

"Imprisoned my lady", she murmured and I whipped around at her.

"What? What do you mean imprisoned?", I asked absolutely bewildered. "On what charges?"

"He was named a traitor to the crown. Queen Mother Cercei gave the order.", explained the maid, and I felt like I couldn't breathe.

I looked back through the crack between the door and the wall at my sister. She had no idea what was happening. 

"Where is Sansa?", I asked in a quiet voice.

"In the gardens, walking, my lady", replied the maid.

"Get both of my sisters into my room", I ordered and she nodded, walking away to go find Sansa.

I couldn't breathe. I couldn't think. 

I can't breathe.

I slid down the wall, looking at the ground as I tried to catch my breath.

My father was named traitor to the crown. 

My father, who was the most honorable, respected man in the Seven Kingdoms, was named a traitor. 

Robert was dead.

Joffrey was now the rightful King.

Well rightful was a strong word. The rightful King would be Stannis, but the only things I've heard about him was that he was a good soldier, not a good leader. Then we have Renly, but he is too weak. He is young, and naive, he thinks that he is the better fit to be King than both of his brothers and perhaps he is right, but that's just because his brothers set low expectations.

This could mean war. War between the North and the West. Riverlands would stand by the Starks, as well as all of our bannermen. But everybody else was loyal to the crown.

What was going to happen?

I finally calmed down, taking deep breaths. I stood up and looked at my sister, composing myself. I had to get her to safety. But perhaps she would be safest with her dancing teacher, I had to go get Sansa, and afterwards I would get Arya.

I quickly left, walking to my room where I found Sansa already waiting.

"What is happening? We are supposed to leave soon? Where is Arya?", asked Sansa as I entered and I looked at her sternly.

"We are in danger", I whisper and look at Septa. "Father was imprisoned, we are no longer safe here".

"Joffrey would never allow me to get hurt", argued Sansa and I shushed her.

"Joffrey is the reason father is imprisoned, he is not a good guy Sansa. Wake up!", I raised my voice slightly but then remained calm. "Now, go back to your room. Bar the doors and do not open them for anyone you don't know", I ordered and Septa nodded, heading for the door.

"But-", tried to argue Sansa but I interrupted her.

"Now Sansa, trust me", I whisper. "Run!". 

Sansa obliged and ran out of the room followed by the Septa as I began gathering my essentials. The dagger Jon gave me was safely strapped to my leg, hidden by my skirt. The necklace father gave me was hanging around my neck with Gendry's necklace. 'Brotherguard' was strapped to my waist but I knew it would most likely just slow me down but it made me feel safer. Then I also grabbed my notebook with the portraits of my family. It was my most prized possession. It had everyone who I ever loved inside.

I ran out of the room and towards the room I knew Arya was in. I burst in, just as the Lannister men walked inside through the balcony, and I knew why they were there.

"Arya Stark, come with us, your father wants to see you", said one of the men. They haven't noticed me yet, so I remained still.

"Why would he send you instead of one of his own men?", asked Arya.

"Yes, I am wondering the same thing", added the dancing master.

"Mind your place, foreign bastard", spit back another Lannister soldier.

"This is no concern of yours", added another soldier. I finally decide to reveal myself and step down the steps, joining my sister by her side.

"My father would not send you to retrieve my sister", I say in the calmest tone possible. I knew why they were here, they wanted to lock her up with my father but I could not let that happen. 

Even if I die.

"Another Stark", murmured a soldier under their breath.

"We don't have to go with you if we don't want", said Arya, clinging onto me tightly.

"Take them both", ordered the soldier closest to us.

"Are you snakes or men, who would threaten children", said the dancing teacher, hand on his sword tightly.

"Get out of my way, little man", threatened the soldier. I had my hand on my sword but I knew I would not stand a chance again these trained soldiers.

"I am Syrio Forel....", began the dancing teacher, drawing his sword and standing completely in front of us. "And you will be speaking to me with respect".

"Foreign bastard", cursed a soldier.

"Kill the Braavosi. Bring the girls", ordered the Lannister soldier.

"Arya, child, we are done with lessons for today. Get out of here", ordered Syrio and Arya was going to protest but I grabbed her tightly and turned around to run.

"But Syrio!", protested Arya, trying to fight me. The Lannister soldier drew their swords, ready to attack.

"What do we say to the God of Death?", asked Syrio looking at Arya.

"Not today", she replied in a whisper. He nodded, and got into his fighting stance.

We ran, as fast as we could. The Red Keep was a large castle but I knew my way around here. I had to sneak out more than once to get to Gendry, I could sneak out again. The problem was, where would we go? And Sansa was still inside, hiding. Or at least I hoped she was hiding. 

"Where are we going?", asked Arya.

"Safety", I replied out of breath, as we turned a corner. 

After a couple more minutes of running and almost running into more Lannister guards, we finally got outside. But we continued running down the streets of King's Landing wherever our feet took us. I made sure to cover my face with my hood, but I doubted Arya would get recognized. I wasn't sure where to run, what to do, but my feet took me to the only place I know is safe enough for me and my sister. 

The Smith shop.

We entered inside, and my eyes searched for the only person I truly trust.

Gendry.

"What are you doing here?", asked Gendry as he noticed me and walked to me. He saw ym scared expression, and got concerned immediately.

"We need to stay here for a little while", I whisper, trying to not attract any attention to us.

"Who is this?", asked Gendry nodding to Arya.

"Arya", she replied coldly.

"Can we stay here or not?", I ask, and he nodded a little taken aback.

"What's happened?", he asked as he led us to the back of the shop near his station.

"I can't say now, all I can say is that we are in danger", I reply. He nods, still looking confused.

"Go to my room, second door on the right up the stairs, you'll be safe there for now", whispered Gendry as we all noticed that we were attracting eyes. I nodded thankfully and pulled Arya with me up the stairs and walked into Gendry's room.

It wasn't much, just a small bed, a small table with a candle, some scraps of metal, a couple papers. There was a small window on the wall. It looked very depressing.

"What are we going to do now? We have to leave as soon as possible", urged Arya as she sat down on the bed.

"We can't leave. Sansa and father are still in the castle. Besides, Cercei most likely has a bounty for us already", I reply, sitting down beside her. She sighs.

"I'm sure Syrio will help", she offered. "He could help us smuggle Sansa and Father out. Maybe even Littlefinger.".

"Arya...", I take her hand gently. "Syrio is dead".

"No he isn't", she argued but I could see tears beginning to form in her eyes.

"I am so sorry Arya. I know you loved him", I whispered and pulled her in for a hug which she did not fight. She was not much for a crier, and she hated anyone seeing her weak, so she hid her face in my shoulder as she silently cried.

It was torture, sitting in this little room, wondering what was happening on the other side of the city in that gods forsaken castle. For all I knew, my father was already dead, my sister could also be dead. 

I learned from a young age, when I finally understood why my mother was so unfair to Jon, that the world was not fair. No matter what you do, and how hard you try, there will always be people who will rebel, who think that they can do a better job. And there is nothing anybody can do about it.

Arya was asleep, and it was late already but I still heard the hitting of the hammer on steel downstairs. I couldn't sleep. All I could do was think.

Where was Jaime now? Was he already at the Vale trying to get his little brother back? Did he win? Did he lose? Did he die? Did he live? Did my mother die? Did my brothers die? Is my father dead right now? Is my sister dead right now? 

So many questions, and no answers.

I knew nothing for certain. What I did however know was that Cercei Lannister, and Joffrey Baratheon, the bastard, will pay for their crimes.

Winter is coming for House Lannister-Baratheon.

And nothing will protect them in the winter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 6.5K 93
When the snows fall and the white winds blow; the lone wolf dies but the pack survives. Aris Stark, eldest daughter of Eddard and Catelyn Stark is t...
1.1M 38.7K 115
In which Annalys Baratheon is arranged to marry Robb Stark and when her 'father' dies, she is forced to side with the North in the Five War of the Ki...
7K 268 12
๐๐‹๐€๐‚๐Š ๐ˆ๐‚๐„ โ ๐™ž ๐™–๐™ข ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฆ๐™ช๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™—๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ข๐™š! โž IN WHICH; Robert Baratheon's daughter gets...
4.2K 137 9
'Oh Lord, Oh Lord, what have I done? I've fallen in love with a man on the run Oh Lord, Oh Lord, I'm begging you please Don't take that sinner from m...