BEHIND THE MASK- BOOK II

By trnsporting_

Time flies by. Riley's and Cameron's past have come creeping in the shadows once again. Relationships will b... More

story concept
character concepts
ONE: LONDON STEREO
TWO: OCEANIC DARKNESS
THREE: QUEEN DEAREST
FOUR: DRAGON INFULTRATION
FIVE: THE TRUE WRATH OF A DRAGON
SIX: A SHORT BUT SWEET DOSE OF HORROR
SEVEN: CLUES
EIGHT: SPADES
NINE: BROTHERHOOD?
TEN: REOPENED WOUNDS
ELEVEN: HEARTBREAK BRIDGE
TWELVE: BROKEN WINGS
THIRTEEN: RETALIATION
FOURTEEN: TO PIMP A BUTTERFLY
FIFTEEN: SAVING A DECAYED HEART
SIXTEEN: ROYAL DOWNFALL
SEVENTEEN: ROYAL HUMILIATION
EIGHTEEN: THE END OF A ROYAL
NINETEEN: CURSED LAWYERS
TWENTY: CURSED LAWYERS PART 2
TWENTY-ONE: FOREVER WOUNDS
TWENTY-TWO: GUNS N ROSES
TWENTY-THREE: GUNS N ROSES PART 2
TWENTY-FOUR: BUTTERFLY
TWENTY-SIX:EPILOGUE

TWENTY- FIVE: REDEMPTION

27 1 0
By trnsporting_

TWENTY-FIVE: REDEMPTION

"Something smells scrumptious," Cameron slipped behind Riley, hugging her. "What's on the menu this morning, love?"

She laughed gently. "Egg benedict, bacon, and pancakes."

"Sounds scrumptious. Not better than you though," he whispered in her ear.

She playfully punched his shoulder. "Stop, you're going to make me lose my appetite."

"Keep wearing my shirts, you look scrumptious in them," he hugged her tightly.

"Whatever, Cameron. Now, shoo and let me finish cooking," she told him.

Cameron left her to continue cooking and heading towards to their gym room. When he got here, he was about to start his morning workout, but his phone rang. He picked it up and noticed that Riley's uncle was calling him. He then chuckled and picked up the call.

"How can I help you, Mr. Jones?" Cameron mused.

"The Gomez gang knows you're on to them," he revealed.

Hearing his words, Cameron didn't care. "So? Everyone in New York knows I'm always watching. What are you calling me for, Mr. Jones?"

On the other line, Tito scoffed. "It's because of you, they've been coming at us since you left! They know that my father is out of the picture right now and are taking that chance to torment our family, Cameron! You need to fix this."

Cameron only laughed. "So, what I'm hearing is, I'm the reason for the Gomez gang causing your family constant pain and suffering. It's quite fitting since none of you cared to do anything to save Sylvia. However, I'm sure you can deal with that small issue by yourself."

"You're evil. You know that?" Tito told him.

"I've heard it a few times," Cameron said playfully.

"Gomez won't stop until he sees you, Cameron. You need to fix this. My family deserves peace!"

All Cameron was laugh. But there was humorous intent within it. It was a dark laugh—threatening almost. Then he fell silent hearing Tito call his name.

"Cameron? Are you there? Ca—"

"What your family deserves is a nice hot pot serving hell, Tito." With that, Cameron hung up and went on to dial his right-hand man, Krushiv.

"You called, sir?" he answered.

"Get Gomez on video call. I'd like to have a word with him."

"On it, sir."

Then he began his morning workout. As soon as he started, he turned on the tv waiting to be patched through to Gomez. It wasn't long before he finally got patched to Gomez.

"Finally, I finally get to see the little everyone seems to be afraid of." Gomez mused. "You're not very appealing. To think, I'd be stopped by a child."

Cameron gave a sly smile. "You shouldn't judge a book by its cover, Gomez."

"But that's what you're suppose when you find a new book to read. Beside, children shouldn't be running businesses or mafias. They should stay in a child's place, go to school and listen to their parents."

Cameron knew he was saying that just to get under his skin. So, he only smiled and chuckled lightly as he set his dumbbells down. "I'm only saying this once, Gomez. I am not the person you think I am. Secondly, leave the Jones family to me. They're mine to give hell."

Gomez burst laughing thinking Cameron was joking. "Who are you tell me what to do, child? The Jones family is mine."

Cameron gave him a sadistic smile. "Your worst nightmare. Leave the Jones family."

"No. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a territory to conquer." Gomez hung up only to allow Cameron to have some fun with him. He smirked as he saw Krushiv on the screen.

"What's next sir?" he asked.

"Send him a little gift for me."

"Way ahead of you, sir."

Cameron smirked. "Good."

***

After Cameron was done with his workout, he went back to the kitchen to see two plates of food, two glasses of orange juice and two bowls of fruit set up on the kitchen island. He smiled as he saw the love of his life focused on her laptop while eating. He then sat next to her and began eating.

"What are you working on?" he asked her.

"Nothing just putting some idea on paper," she answered.

He looked at her laptop screen and raised his brow. "A clothing line?"

She smiled and looked at him. "Yeah, I've always wanted to have one since I was little."

"How come?"

"Well, as you know, my dad's a famous boxer. He did a lot of appearances and took me with him sometimes. Mom and I would tag along to his fittings a lot. So, I met a lot of designers. I would even beg my mom to stay with the designers just to watch them make my dad's suits. Just seeing them make clothes was so fascinating to me. So almost every summer, a designer would either come to our house or my mom and I would spend the summer where they lived while my dad did his thing in the ring."

Cameron gave her a sweet smile. "Go for it. I think it'll turn out amazing."

She then sighed. "That's the thing. I can't. We run a mafia, Cam."

"So? That doesn't mean anything. It's your dreams. Make them a reality, babe."

After eating together, Cameron headed to their shared bathroom whilst Riley sat at her computer and stared at the screen. She tried to imagine it—the clothing line actually existing. A collection that expressed her. Everything about her. Her personality. Her character. Her elegance, poise, prowess, power, confidence. All woven into fabric. A dream that she was more than able to make real. One that was waiting for her to accomplish.

***

Riley sat on the couch and began watching a drama as she was munching on some popcorn. While watching the movie, Cameron joined her.

"My uncle called you for help, didn't he?"

"Yeah." He answered. "The Gomez gang is being a thorn in their side at the moment."

She chuckled. "Not surprised. So, what did they do this time?"

Cameron wrapped his arm around her. "Still trying to get the Jones estate."

She sighed. "Mom did say the Gomez gang was quite a nuisance."

"I may need to step in if they push any further." Cameron grimaced. "I was really hoping to have the day off and spend it with you."

Suddenly the notifications on their phones went off.

The Jones family mafia managed to successfully defend their home. William Jones has officially stepped down as leader. And Sylvia Jones- West and Matt West have filed for divorce.  

A/N: 

CHAPTER 25 IS HERE! 

The second to last chapter of this story. I had so much fun putting this entire story together and writing it. 

This series has become really special to me in the last five years I have been on Wattpad. I had first published the first book in 2016. My first year on this website. I honestly wasn't expecting to take off as much as it did at the time, but thank you. Thank you so much. 

The characters are like my babies now, haha. 

But seriously, thank you so much for the continuous support on the series. I wouldn't have gotten here without you all. Thank you so much!

Don't worry the story isn't over yet.

But for now, after the last chapter is updated, I will be taking a break from the series and doing completely different. I'm going to be pushing myself and getting out of my comfort zone a little bit. 

I'll be doing a Q&A on this book soon.

Send me questions in my PM! 

Ill try my best to answer as much as I can.

See you soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 8K 38
Sequel to Billionaire's Secret Alex and Ashton are thrown a curveball can their relationship stand the test of Ashton's past and Alex's future?
237 13 12
Fighting came easy for Riley, becoming a street fighter at a young age of eight. Never knowing anything but fighting and the love as the back of her...
12.5K 154 10
Faith thought she was just another fan meeting the boy until Kendall and James BOTH fall for her. Caught in this little triangle of love..... which w...
18 0 3
After finding out her new girlfriend is cheating on her, Leslie decides to use her new job as the CEO of her father's art firm as a way to experience...