Exodus - The Khiara Banning S...

By SydnieBeaupre

The Battle is not yet over, for it has only just begun. While Khiara's soul is enduring the trials of Limbo... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty Two
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three

Twenty Three

5 1 0
By SydnieBeaupre

Khiara

Upon awakening, I'm informed by Hassina that there will be no more trials. Instead, we are being given a grace period of thirteen days. Once the grace period is over, the final decision of whether or not we are allowed to live will be passed.

Until then, we're to eat meals with each other and go to class where we will study English, Math, Humanities, Science, and History. We also have a free period where we can explore the premises and fraternize with each other.

That all starts tomorrow. For now, we're to remain in our rooms. Food will be delivered to us by our attendants.

Books have surreptitiously appeared in my trunk. Books that I read and enjoyed back home, too. Flowers for Algernon and the Shatter Me series.

So, I spend my day reading and feeling nostalgic.

By dinner-time I've already read nearly half of Shatter Me. Hassina comments on my fast reading abilities.

"Thanks," I tell her. "I love to read."

She nods. "I noticed."

She leaves me be after that, and I read until it's time for lights out.

Tonight, I dream of war.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46 9 28
Caitlyn Young's life has changed drastically within a matter of weeks. After a battle between dark angels and fallen yet still angelic beings Caitlyn...
62 0 15
A man who does not remember who he is, has re-entered the conscious realm. He has forgotten most of his former life and now has to remember how to su...
107 2 4
A group of unusual individuals exploring their way through a twisted and scarred world discover dark secrets and legends that are more than just stor...
31 0 22
In a post-apocalyptic world a curse has spread, leaving people with enhanced abilities. But with some people stronger than others this creates fear...