Exodus - The Khiara Banning S...

By SydnieBeaupre

The Battle is not yet over, for it has only just begun. While Khiara's soul is enduring the trials of Limbo... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three

Twenty Two

6 0 0
By SydnieBeaupre

Cael

Khiara's soul is somehow still tethered to her body. She keeps waking up, gasping for air, choking on her breathing tube.

She keeps connecting her mind to mine, calling out my true name.

There is nothing I can do to help her.

For all my abilities as one of the Fallen, I'm useless to her. As a human, I could at least stand a chance, I think. I could be her soul mate. It's said that when you're with your soul mate you are at your strongest.

I could strengthen her as a human.

But as I am now? As I said before, I'm useless.

My turn at watching Khiara is over, so I shake myself out of my self-pity and I concentrate on Khiara's comatose form.

Talking to her helps me feel better about the situation, even though I know she can't hear me.

"I don't know if our plan will work, but we can only try," I say.

I stand up from my chair, because my time watching her is over, and I move closer to her, so that I can lean down to place a kiss on her forehead.

"I'll be back," I say.

Time to get some sleep, I suppose.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44 0 21
A few months after defeating the king of darkness, Andria and her cousin Tay, soon began to relax. But, like always, good endings always come to an...
7.3K 1.5K 28
After losing her daughter, Margaret is drawn into a battle against Depression, a vile conniving demon determined to take her life. This story is UNED...
118 9 23
FRIEND ZONED. I've been trapped there for a year. After a disastrous first date with Laney, that was it. Best friends is all she gave me. SIDELINED...
87.9K 6.9K 38
It is two thousand long years into the future. There is no more Earth. There is only Callistra. Since the conclusion of the fae civil war that decima...