The Past Is In The Past(Joliv...

By hsmtmts_endgame

Innocent love, right? Joshua Bassett and Olivia Rodrigo get cast in the same show, and feelings start buildin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73

Chapter 69

1.1K 21 212
By hsmtmts_endgame

-January 2020-
-Right after last chapter-

Just wanted to say, good luck 😁

Josh's POV:

"Joshua Taylor Bassett." Frankie whispered to me.

"Yeah?" I laughed, turning around from my water bottle.

"You and some blonde chick? Holding her waist? Explain." He tapped his foot on the floor.

"Her name is Alyssa. She's my ex, and by the way, she's a brunette with highlights." I corrected him, drinking some water. (You guys are gonna come at me for that, aren't you?) "How did you get that picture?" I laughed.

"YOUR EX?!" He yelled. I jumped at how loud he was.

"What about his ex?" Liv laughed, joining us. I felt she wanted to hear.

"She asked me for a ride. Nothing much." I answered, taking another sip of water.

"Oh." She grumbled.

"Oh?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, oh. Like, 'Oh, it makes sense why you weren't at lunch though you promised to be there with me.'" She crossed her arms.

"Sorry about that." I hugged her. I got the impression she wanted to pull away, but I wasn't really sure. "She doesn't know anyone in Salt Lake so I gave her a hand." I explained.

"Yeah, of course. I get that." She dryly answered. I smiled and walked to change my wardrobe for the next scene. Then, my phone rang. It was Alyssa again.

"Josh, I'm so sorry for bothering you, I know you're working, but my computer crashed and I don't know what to do. I think all my pictures are gone." She sniffled.

"Oh, no. I'm so sorry. I'll help you as soon as I finish work. Just hang tight." I answered. She thanked me and hung up.

- · · · -

"We're here." I smiled at Liv. We had just finished filming for the day.

"I found a really cool movie we can watch." She answered, walking out of my car.

"Babe." I called out, rolling the window down. "I have to go somewhere. It won't take long. I'll meet you here in an hour or so, okay?"

"Why? Were are you going?" She asked, confused.

"Alyssa's computer crashed. She doesn't know what to do so I'm helping her." I explained.

"Oh, but you said you were going to spend the day with me." She noted, upset.

"I know. I'm sorry." I apologize. "It's only a little bit. I'll come back to you as soon as I'm done." I rubbed her cheek.

"Alright." She sighed, walking into her apartment. I quickly drove to Alyssa's place. The faster I get through with this, the faster I can go back to Liv. I didn't want her to be upset.

Olivia's POV:

Am I really jealous? Yes, absolutely. I don't like that he's with her when he's supposed to be with me.

Sofia:

hey liv

I just wanted to check-in

how are you hold in up?

You:

ummmm

Sofia:

*Picture of Josh and Alyssa holding hands*

*Picture of Josh with his hands on her waist, laughing*

*Picture of Josh and Alyssa sliding down a mountain*

What?! He said it was 'nothing much.'

You:

sof I need a little bit of space

right now

Sofia:

that's fine

just tell me if you need something

I couldn't think at all. I started crying quietly. I knew my mom was outside my room, and I didn't want her to hear. Was he cheating on me?

"Liv, I'm going to the movies, are you coming?" My mom asked.

"No! I'll pass this time!" I shouted loud enough for her to hear from the living room.

"Alright, love you honey."

"I do too, bye!" I answered. Once she closed the door, I broke. I couldn't keep it in anymore. He said he loved me, he couldn't do that to me! Or... maybe that's what I thought.

Josh's POV:

I was able to get her computer to work, but her pictures were deleted.

"Oh, no." She muttered. "I can't lose those pictures, it's the only way I'll graduate." She cried.

"It's okay." I soothed her. "I know what to do." I hugged her. "Calm down. I'll take you to the mountain and you can take more pictures, alright?"

"You'd do that?" She calmed down, wiping her tears away. I nodded, smiling sympathetically. "Thank you." She sighed, relieved.

"No worries. Come on. We can get there before the sunset." I pulled her hand.

- · · · -

Olivia's POV:

It's 8 PM. Josh left at 4. He said it wouldn't take a long time; My thoughts are overwhelming me.

Josh's POV:

We were walking down the mountain when she accidentally slipped. "Sorry! That was my fault." I picked her up. The snow slid me way too close to her, our noses nearly touching. Suddenly, she leaned in, it took me a second to figure out what she was doing. Our lips barely brushed with each other when I pulled away. "I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression but I have a girlfriend and I would never cheat on her." I created some very needed distance between us.

"I'm so sorry. I just- I got caught up in the moment." She hesitated, covering her face with her hands.

"It's okay." I nodded my head slowly. "We should go back now that you have your pictures." I cleared my throat.

"Uh, yeah." She shyly agreed. The thing is.. that, I know I have to explain this to Liv. It would be unfair and dishonest of me not to tell her.

I drove Alyssa back to her house. She apologized before leaving. Then to Liv's house. I knocked on the door, taking a deep breath. I waited a few seconds until she opened it.

"Liv, I need to tell you something." I chattered, uncertain. I walked into her apartment quickly; I couldn't look at her in the eyes. I knew I had to, but I couldn't. I didn't hear a response, so I spoke up. "Alyssa almost kissed me-" I exposed, turning around to see her. face; She had so many tears running down. "Wait, what happened?" I asked, concerned. My heartbeat hurried.

"You guys- almost- kiss?" She asked in between sobs. I could see her pain. It broke me so much.

"I- I pulled away as fast as I realized. Our lips barely touched." I hesitated. "I'm sorry. My intention was never to kiss her. I'm over her. I've been over her for a long time. I couldn't not tell you-" I quavered, walking over to her.

"I want some time to think." She quietly spoke up, staring at the floor. No. No, this can't be happening! Not now! We were fine! We were happy! Why couldn't it stay that way?!

"Liv, I can explain anything you want me to explain." I wiped her tears away with my thumbs, cupping her face with my hands. "I'm really sorr-"

"Josh, I need a break." She looked up at me with her teary brown eyes.

"You... need a break?" My voice cracked. I feared what was going to come next. She nodded, taking my hands off her face. "Yeah. I- um, I understand that." I tried to keep myself together. "I'll talk to you later?" I asked, afraid. She didn't respond at all. I needed to hug her and kiss her tears away. I wanted to sing to her and calm her down with my voice, but I couldn't do that. She wanted a break! That was my nightmare.

I awkwardly walked out; She took one last glance at me before she closed the door.

Olivia's POV:

I sat on my couch, shedding all my tears harder than I had before. I saw how Josh got into his car, crying. After a few minutes, he drove away.

So, they kissed? Now what? I'm mad at him, but I'm mostly angry with myself. I didn't tell him what I was feeling. I'm sure it would've been a totally different story if I had told Josh what I thought instead of getting jealous and keeping everything to myself. But maybe it wasn't about me. She's way prettier than me. She's tall, walks confidently, she's older than me, She's got that perfect smile with those glossy eyes and blonde hair, and I'm just here crying over a guy.

I needed some time to figure out where I stand.

Josh's POV:

I knew what I'd done was right; She deserved to know the truth. But now what? Will this cost us our relationship? Did I ruin everything? I truthfully never saw that coming. I believed Alyssa had moved on. I didn't think she would've kissed me.

Liv was crying even before I told her what'd happened. I have no idea why, and she didn't answer when I asked. I had so much in my head, I didn't even bother writing it down in a song. I just flopped on my bed and hugged my pillow like I would've hugged Liv if she were to be here. I cried the whole night, the scene of us in her apartment never leaving my head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 451 15
𝐒𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐟𝐚π₯π₯ 𝐒𝐧 π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 ↦ πŽπ‹πˆπ•πˆπ€ π‘πŽπƒπ‘πˆπ†πŽ is a superstar, her personal affairs being quiet. after a...
33K 952 27
-π’π”πŒπŒπ„π‘π“πˆπŒπ„ 𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 π‘Ž π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘π‘˜π‘¦ π‘π‘œπ‘€π‘’π‘› π‘ π‘‘π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘¦ π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘Ÿπ‘‘ π‘π‘œπ‘œπ‘˜ π‘œπ‘› π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ 𝑗𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑑𝑑𝑒 π‘‘π‘’π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘šπ‘ π‘ π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘  𝐬...
51.9K 1.6K 34
-𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄 π‘Ž π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘π‘˜π‘¦ π‘π‘œπ‘€π‘’π‘› π‘ π‘‘π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘¦ π‘ π‘’π‘π‘œπ‘›π‘‘ π‘π‘œπ‘œπ‘˜ π‘œπ‘› π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ 𝑗𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑑𝑑𝑒 π‘‘π‘’π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘šπ‘ π‘ π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘  𝐒𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐫...