Talking (Izujiro Oneshot)

cheerfulreaper द्वारा

Late nights. Stars are out, and it's a cool, calm night. The wind is blowing, and the sounds of laughter and... अधिक

Talking

3.3K 124 190
cheerfulreaper द्वारा

I sit out on the edge of the roof of Height's Alliance, looking out of the U.A. campus, as I hear my classmates doing something stupid downstairs. Sighing, I look down at the small lit object in my hand, and taking a small hit off of the blunt in my hand. The smell of the weed drifts in the night, and while it's strong, it's something I've gotten used too. After all, when you have to take this stuff to not be in constant pain, you get used to it. 

Running a hand through my hair, I tap my feet on the ground as the wind whips at it. Thankfully, my brown bomber jacket, a gift from Tokoyami, which he said Hawks gave him, but he didn't want, is keeping me warm. Underneath the jacket, I have a simple black tee-shirt, and a pair of jeans, and of course, my red high tops. 

It's been a month since we saved Eri, and the injuries I got from fighting Muscular haven't really gotten better. As it turns out, aspirin as well as some opioids do jack-fucking-shit for me. Something about my body having intolerances to the drug, as well as OFA maybe even affecting it. Makes no fucking sense to me, but what do I know, huh? 

After several hours of debate with my mom, as well as Recovery Girl, we decided that marijuana, both edibles and smoked, would work the best. Now I get to high two or three days a week when my arms flair with pain. Fucking great. 

Sighing, I look down at the blunt, which looks a lot a cigar to me, wrapped in brown paper, and glowing slightly as it burns. Sighing, I listen as I hear the familiar shout of 'DIE!' coming from the door, followed by a loud explosion, and screams from who I assume is either Sero, Kaminari, Mina, or all of them. 

Shaking my head, I lift the blunt to my mouth, and take another hit, and after breathing in, slowly release the smoke into the night air, feeling the high take over just a tiny bit more. The pain fades a bit more, and I feel a bit more relaxed

I don't really know how long I sit there, but it's probably been a good twenty minutes since I've came up to the roof, and the sounds of whatever my classmates are doing are still there as I continue to look out over the treeline. 

"Uh......Midoriya?" A familiar voice asks, as I look over my shoulder , and see a purple-haired classmate of mine, and it's not the pervert. 

Kyoka Jiro. Our resident rocker with one of hell of a quirk. Standing about 6 or so inches shorter than me, her short-cropped purple hair moves slightly in the wind, staring at me with a pair of curious and confused black eyes. She's dressed casually, since we're done with classes for the day, in a pair of black leggings, a purple tank top with a black leather jacket over it. As she looks at me, she twirls a single ear-jack around her finger, seemingly a nervous habit. In all honesty.......fuck me, but she is hot as fuck right now. I wouldn't be surprised if my heartrate jumped. 

"Hey. Is Aizawa looking for me or something?" I ask, and she slowly shakes her head. 

"No...I just...wanted to get away from everyone. But...what are you doing up here? And...more importantly, what are you smoking?" She asks, and I look down at the blunt in my hand

"Marijuana." I reply, showing her the blunt in my fingers. 

"I....what?" She asks, and I sigh

"Marijuana? Aka, weed?" I ask, and she gives me a deadpan look. 

"I know what it is, dumbass. But still, what? More importantly, why?" She asks, and I sigh. 

"You remember the Training Camp bullshit, right?" I ask, and she scoffs

"How could I forget?" She asks, and I roll up my sleeve to show off the scars on my arms, including the large one on my upper right arm, which is just a mass of scar tissue. 

"I got these there, as you well know. And as it turns out, the muscular and ligament damage can cause some pretty serious pain. As such, after much arguing, it was decided that I would be allowed to use marijuana for medicinal purposes." I reply, then take another hit, letting the smoke escape from my mouth and lungs, drifting lazily in the air. 

".........So you're a stoner now?" Jiro asks, and I chuckle

"As much as that would be amusing, no. I really only smoke when my pain is awful. Like tonight." I mutter, as I hear Jiro walk closer to me

"So.....why out here?" Jiro asks, and I chuckle a tiny bit

"A: Iida. B: Kaminari, Mina, and Sero. C:......because I like it out here. It's nights like this........that make me feel a bit more at peace, you know? It's at least mostly quiet.........and, I don't know, I just find it relaxing. Though, that may just be the blunt." I mutter, and Jiro stays silent, and after about a minute, it starts to feel awkward

"So....why are you up here?" I ask, as I turn to face her, still sitting on the small lip of the roof. She looks at me, then sighs, and sits down on the roof, knees pulled into her chest, a few feet away from me. She stares blankly down at the roof, but does answer. 

"......You know how tabloids are constantly nitpicking bullshit things?" She asks, and I sigh, dragging the hand not holding the blunt down my face. 

"You think I don't? You know the amount of shit I've had to deal with because of them after the Overhaul bullshit." I reply, shaking my head, and Jiro sighs

"Well, the tabloids saw it fit to rank all the girls from the first year in terms of attractiveness. Of course, Yaomomo was first, Mina was second......and guess who they put last?" Jiro asks, and I glance over at her. She's staring down at the roof, refusing to look at anything else

"It's the tabloids. They make stories to sell, nothing else. It's obvious." I reply, and she snaps her head up to me. 

"So why do I still feel shitty?" She asks, and I shrug, rolling out my shoulders. 

"That, I can't answer. You got any ideas?" I ask, redirecting the question right back at her. 

"I........Mineta and Kaminari were talking about the article....and.....they said....they agreed. That I was the least attractive." Jiro says, and I take another long hit. 

"Well then.....looks like I may need to have a small talk with them about tact." I mutter, and Jiro looks at me confused

"Why do you care? I'm just.....me. I mean, there's nothing special about me." Jiro says, and I stay silent for a few second

"Well then, you could say the same about me." I reply, taking another hit from the blunt. 

"What? Are you insane? You're probably the strongest person in our class, certainly one of the smartest. Your quirk is insanely powerful, and you've gone toe to toe with villains powerful enough to give pros a run for their money! How are you not special?" Jiro asks, clearly disbelieving. 

"Turnabout is fair play, is it not? You're powerful. You're smart. You've dealt with villains. What makes me so much more special than you?" I ask, raising an eyebrow

"You're....you're you, Midoriya! Everyone in this class, save maybe Bakugo, looks up to you! You're amazing, Midoriya!" Jiro snaps, and I shrug

"What makes you less than me, then?" I ask, looking at the purple-haired girl, and she sputters. 

"I.....everything! You're smarter, stronger, faster, everything! You were born with an amazing quir-"

"Except I wasn't." I reply, cutting her off, and she stares at me in shock. 

"Wait....what?" She asks, clearly confused. Sighing, I take another hit. The only way I'm gonna lie through this is with the power of drugs, so here we go. 

"I was born with this quirk, yes, but I couldn't control it until....well, more or less the day of the entrance exam. I very nearly killed myself trying to save Uraraka, actually." I chuckle, thinking back to it. 

"Wait, what?" 

"You know the 0-pointer? Uraraka was about to get crushed by it. I decided it was a good idea to break both of my legs, and an arm, to destroy the robot. Uraraka ended up slapping me in the face to save me from splatting on the ground." I explain

"So....you owe Uraraka your life, huh?" Jiro asks, and I shrug

"Yeah, in a way." I reply

"Is that why you like her?" Jiro asks, and I look at her, confused. 

"What?" I ask, and she raises an eyebrow

"You like her, Midoriya. I think we can all see it." Jiro replies, and I sigh a tiny bit. 

"Huh.....is that what you guys actually think?" I ask, smiling and shaking my head. 

"Wait, you don't like her? But...you always get so flustered around her....." Jiro says, trailing off. 

"True. But....that's more of a kneejerk reaction, at this point. Besides.....I know that's never gonna work out in my favor." I mutter, hanging my head.

"....What do you mean, Midoriya?" Jiro asks, as I look down at the burning blunt in my hand. 

"I did ask her out. Not long after the Provisional License exam." I say, thinking back to the night I did it. 

Flashback. 

"Uraraka..... do you...want to go out?" I ask, forcing myself not to stutter. I'm tired as all hell right now, and beat up, too. But I feel like that it was the best time. We passed, after all. Might as well top it off with asking the girl I have a crush on out for a date, right?

"Deku.....I...I'm sorry. But....I....I...." Uraraka says, but before she can even finish her sentence, Iida walks up, and looks at me, a slight anger in his eyes

"Did you just ask my girlfriend out?"  Iida asks, and I feel my heart shatter. 

"G-girlfriend?" I ask, my voice weak, trembling. 

"Yes. Is it really that much of a surprise?" Iida asks, a snarl in his voice, "I'm clearly the better choice." 

"Babe, be nice!.....Deku, I'm sorry. I really didn't want you to found out like this. We've been dating a few weeks, but...we just hadn't told anyone yet." Uraraka says, either being sincerely sorry, or just faking it.

"I.....you.....why didn't you guys tell me?" I ask, my voice still quiet

"Because, I knew you would react like this. Now, if you will excuse us, goodbye." Iida says, walking off with his arm around Uraraka. 

"Worst part is, he knew I was crushing on her. And yet.....he decided to ask her out anyway. Grave sin, in my book." I mutter, my voice tight with anger.

"Midoriya.....I......I'm sorry." Jiro mutters, and I laugh, a bitter tone obvious in my voice. 

"Yeah, well, sorry is just a word. Not that it really matters to me at this point. I like to think I'm over it, but.......ya know....clearly, not." I reply,  nearly dropping the blunt from my now-shaking hands. 

"............" Jiro seems struck silent at my words, and I sigh, looking out over the campus. 

"Yeah. Life's a bitch, huh?" I ask, and before I can say anything else, I feel a pair of arms wrap around me, hugging me lightly. 

"I.....I'm sorry. I may not be Yaoyorozu, or anything, but I'm here." Jiro says, and I glance at her

"Why would you being Yaoyorozu change anything?" I ask, and she doesn't speak for a few seconds

"Wouldn't it be better.....to be hugged by her?" She asks, and I glance at her 

"What makes you think that?" I ask, and after a few seconds, she begins to blush, then clears her throat. 

"Well......I mean....she would...just be better, right?" Jiro asks, and I sigh

"God-fucking-dammit, are you still held up on the whole 'attractiveness list' bullshit?" I ask, and she sighs

"Come on, you have to admit that I'm the least attractive out our classmates. Even among both hero courses, hell, pretty much every girl I see is more attractive than me." Jiro says, letting go of me. 

"......Well, considering Toru is invisible, that's kinda a bs statement to make, in my opinion." I reply, and she sighs

"At least Toru isn't flat as a board." Jiro replies, and at that, I go silent. No amount of bullshit I've done has trained me for this shit. 

"See you agree!" Jiro says, after a bit, and I hold up a finger in response

"My silence does not, and will never, mean agreement. First off, you're not flat as a board. Second, why the fuck do you care?" I ask, as she blushes, and looks away, twirling a jack around her finger. 

"I........I know I'm not like Yaomomo, or Mina, Hatsume....I'm just.....me. I've always been a tomboy, and.....why are you laughing?" Jiro asks, as I try to stifle a slight chuckle

"Sorry. It's just....you've never really struck me as a tomboy." I say, shrugging

"Oh really? And why is that?" She asks, narrowing her eyes. 

"The dress you wore at I-island wasn't exactly something a tomboy would've worn." I reply, and she frowns

"It's not like I chose to wore it. Yaomomo made it for me." She replies, and I shrug

"Okay, well then, what about what you're wearing right now?" I ask, gesturing to her current outfit. 

"I....well...this is comfy!" She snaps, crossing her arms under her chest, not making my life even easier. 

"But you chose to wear it, right? Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a tomboy prefer something else?" I ask, raising an eyebrow

"I....well, ignoring my clothes? Have you seen the way I act? I'm kinda a bitch." She huffs, and I shrug

"I mean, kinda, but it means you don't take shit, which is good. I mean, Mirko got as far as she did because she took no shit from anyone. That, and I'm fairly sure she could crush anyone with her legs, but that's beside the point. You being strong does not make you a tomboy." I reply, and she blushes, and looks away

"Do you....do you mean that?" She asks, and I raise an eyebrow

"I know you can hear my heartbeat. I'm not lying." I reply, and she frowns

"Okay, you're not, but still. Why do you even care?" Jiro asks, and I sigh. 

"......You probably already know this, but I'm not one to let my friends, classmates, or anyone who needs help down. I'm also not one to break people down for who they are, and who they want to be. It's fucking stupid. You're also probably one of the strongest people in this class." I reply, and she scoffs

"This is coming from Mr. 'I can fight giant monsters by myself'." Jiro replies, and I shake my head

"I didn't do that by myself. Mirio gave his quirk, Sir Nighteye gave his life. Hell, even Eri helped me. I broke every limb in my body, multiple times, and Eri kept removing those injuries. Time and time again. If she hadn't been there..... I would be dead, no doubt about it." I reply

"Eri....that was the little silver-haired girl, right?" Jiro asks, and I nod

"I'm not gonna into what happened to her......but it still pisses me off. I was honest-to-god ready to kill Overhaul. I still kinda want too. But....that's beside the point, in the end. You saved her more than I did, honestly." I say, and she looks at me, confused

"Wait....how?" She asks

"The School Festival. Remember that concert you put on?" I ask, and she nods

"Yeah......you were a pretty good dancer, Midoriya." She laughs, and I shake my head

"Not really. That aside.....Eri hadn't ever smiled. At least not her in memory. She had forgotten how to fucking smile. And you....that concert....your singing, the music, the dancing.....put a smile on her face. You saved her from those memories that made her sad. I may have saved her physically, but you saved her emotionally." I say, looking at the purple-haired rocker, who's blushing profusely now. 

"I....I didn't do that..." She mutters, as I take another hit from blunt, and release it. 

"But you did." I reply, standing up, and  looking down at the blunt, which is more or less gone at this point. 

"Midoriya...why are you so concerned with propping me up?" She asks

".......The world is a fucked up place, Jiro. I would rather not have you pull yourself down when the world is already trying to do it. Hell knows we don't more shit than we already get." I sigh

"........Thank you, Midoriya." Jiro says, and I chuckle. 

"No problem. Not like I'm doing this because I'm trying to get on your good side. I like to think I was already there, afterall." I say, and she laughs

"Yeah....you were." She says, as I look down at the blunt, then toss it aside. It was done anyway. 

"You know....you're probably one of the best people in this class. As a person in general, as well as a hero." I say, turning around on the edge, and truly facing Jiro, who blushes

"You....you're just saying that to make me feel better, right?" Jiro asks, and I shake my head

"Nope. Just being honest. You're smart, strong, kind, caring even if you don't show it all that often, a good friend, and a damn good hero. You can stack up to Kirishima, whi's strong as shit. I still remember that time you brought him down in a training exercise. He had Unbreakeable up, and you just jacked him in the ears, and down he went." I chuckle, remembering the event. 

"I got lucky. You can take down Kirishima no problem. So can Bakugo, Todoroki, Yaomomo, Mina, Sero, Oji-"

"I think Kirishima is one of the toughest fighters in our class. In terms of sheer tankiness, no one can stack up. It's the reason Bakugo spars with him. He's the only who can tank his blasts, and keep going. You fighting him was the quickest I've ever seen him taken down. Dead serious." I cut Jiro off, and she frowns. 

"If you say so....." She mutters, and we sit in a comfortable silence for a few seconds. 

"Hey.....Midoriya......I have a question." Jiro asks. Her tone is rather timid. 

"Alright. What is it?" I ask, and she takes in a deep breath. 

"Who do you think is the most attractive in our class?" She asks, and I quickly realize that this is a loaded question. 

".........Well, out of the boys, me, clearly." I joke, and she narrows her eyes

"Don't dodge the question. You know I meant the girls. I can tell if you're lying." She says, and I stay silent. 

"Personally, you." I reply, and she seems struck silent and frozen at my words. 

"Wait...what?" She asks, and I raise an eyebrow

"I said what I said, right?" I ask, looking her in the eyes, the deep purple almost soothing

"But...why me?" She mutters, and I shrug

"Do I really need a reason?" I ask

"I...yeah, you kinda do! You can't just say that to my face, and not give me a reason!" Jiro snaps, and I sigh

"Alright. Everything. You are what I like, not you parts. If that makes any sense, outside of my high brain." I reply, and Jiro seems struck silent yet again. 

"Still....why me? Out of all of the girls in the class, why me? What about Yaomomo?"

"Todoroki's crushing on her." 

"Mina?"

"Kirishima."

"Tsuyu?"

"I'm about 60% sure she's either bi or lesbian, and Tokoyami is crushing on her."

"Toru?" 

"Ojiro."

"Uraraka?"

"Got over her, as far as I'm concerned, and she's dating Iida." 

"So.....I'm just the last option?" She asks

"Nope. My first." I reply, and she blushes again. 

"I...you....why?" She asks, and I groan, dragging a hand down my face

"Are you still asking that? God......you're fucking adorable, for one, and as far as I'm concerned, your body is the best is this class, actually, the whole school. You're kind, even though you refuse to show it, and you're smart as well. You're a damn good hero, and an even better singer. You have the voice of an angel, and fuck anyone who disagrees. Jiro.....you're the most amazing person in this class." I say, kneeling down in front of her, staring her in the eyes the entire time. 

"I.....but....."

"Jiro, am I lying?" I ask, cutting her off

"Wha....what?" She asks

"Am. I. Lying?" I ask

"I...how am I....wait..." Jiro mutters, and closes her eyes for a second. 

"Your heartbeat...." She mutters, and I nod

"Jiro, you are the most amazing person in this damn class. You're beautiful, strong, smart, and an all-around good person. Screw what the tabloids say, screw what Mineta and Kaminari say. To me, you are the most beautiful girl in the first year." Jiro stays silent for a few seconds, then a large smile breaks out, and a I see a few tears on beginning to form on her face

"You're...you're not lying." She says, and I smile at her. 

"Of course. I would never lie to you. Not about this." I say, and before I can do anything, Jiro has tackled me, and not a split second later, I feel her lips against mine. 

For what seems like eternity, we hold that kiss, even if  it was likely only a few seconds. Her lips taste like strawberries......welp, guess I have a new favorite. Despite our clear inexperience, it feels natural. 

She breaks away, trying to catch her breath as I stare up at her

"I...Uh....sorry?" She says, making it into a bit of a question, and I chuckle. 

"Don't apologize. I liked it." I reply, and she smiles

"So.....whaddya want to do with this? Are you my boyfriend now?" She asks, and I raise an eyebrow

"Do you want me to be?" I ask, and Jiro smiles

"Yes. Do you accept?" She asks

"I would be stupid not too." I reply, and she smiles, but before we can do anything else, a voice cuts in

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! JIRO! YOU ASKED HIM OUT!" The voice of Mina breaks through the air, and I look over Jiro to see Mina, Yaoyorozu, Todoroki, Kirishima, and probably the rest of the class on the roof with us

"MINA! DON'T DO THAT!" Jiro cries, burying her face in my chest while blushing profusely. 

"Nice job, Midori-bro!" Kirishima says, and I flip him off in response, but in a bro-to-bro way. 

"How did Midoriya get a girlfriend before me?" I hear Mineta cry

"I actually have a fucking sense of tact, you purple fucking pervert!" I snap back

"Midoriya, you should tone down the PD-"

"Oh, shut it, Iida. I'm too high, and too tired to deal with you right now." I groan, letting my head down on the roof. 

"Wait, you're high?" Yaoyorozu asks

"Yep. High as a motherfucking kite. Or Snoop Dog. Or Snoop Dog on a kite. Anyway, point is, I am out of shits to give." I reply

"Why are you high?" Bakugo asks

"Fuck you, that's why. Anyway, we should probably go downstairs before Aizawa yells at us. Kirishima, help me up." I say, holding out my hands. He obliges, walking over, grabbing both of my hands, and yanking me to my feet. Jiro, still holding onto me, yelps as we land on on the roof. 

"Thank you. Alright. Jiro, as much as I am sure I could carry you, could you please let go?" I ask, and after a few seconds, she lets go of me, and looks up at me, frowning

"You're kinda mean." She frowns, and I shrug, and kiss the crown of her head

"Yeah, kinda." I reply, as I hear Mina and probably Toru snapping picture after picture. 

"What are you guys doing up here?" The exetremely tired voice of Aizawa asks, as he walks up the steps. 

"I was smoking weed, Jiro got pissed at Kaminari and Mineta and came up here, we talked, we kissed, then the rest of the class came because they're dumbasses." I reply, and Aizawa sighs for a solid minute. 

"Everyone, downstairs. It's already past 11." Aizawa groans, and everyone, not wanting to piss him off, obeys. 

"See you in the morning?" Jiro asks, and I smile

"Of course. Night, Jiro." I say

"Kyoka. Call me Kyoka." Jiro says, and I look at her, and smile a tiny bit. 

"Alright. Call me Izuku then. Goodnight, Kyoka." I say, and she smiles

"Goodnight, Izuku." She says, and I feel my heartrate increase. We share one last smile, and walk to our separate bedrooms. 

My dreams that night are filled with strawberries and music notes. 

Talking.....maybe one the best things I've done in a long time. 

Decided to try my hand at a one-shot. Hope you guys like it. 

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

42.3K 639 11
A powerless or quirkless male... In a world ruled by superpowered, quirked women... Izuku Midoriya's beaten, insulted, and sexually harassed, day in...
20.6K 558 11
Momo Yaoyorozu was having the most terrifying experience of her life. The Grapist was the cause and while the experience was happening did the one sh...
1M 42.3K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...