the curse | attack on titan |...

By riversravioli

HIATUS The fall of Shiganshinan left everyone in worry and fear. Traumatized and shaken up, Elysia was taken... More

playlist
disclaimer
a/n,, please read
02 | Family Legacies
03 | May we meet again
04 | Where have you been?
05 | Easy as that
06
07 | Dreaming in a Nightmare
authors note 😫

01 | To you, 2000 years from now

580 21 4
By riversravioli

y'all i have a voice for Elysia now!!
I think Kanata Aikawa fits her really well :)
i saw her voice Ai Ohto from Wonder Egg Priority and instantly fell in love with her voice.
also this chapter is really long and kind of unnecessary, but i had nothing else to do.

"Eri-Chan~ Dr. Jaeger and Eren are here to pick you up. Come along."
The 8 year old sprung up from her seat and ran past her mother, sprinting downstairs to where her friend was waiting for her.
Eren Yeager, son of Carla Yeager, who was a lifelong friend of her mothers.

"Eren!" She stopped right before the teal eyed boy, smiling at him.
"Hello, Eri."

"Have fun, dear. Don't get into too much trouble, okay?"
Without even looking back at her mother, Elysia nodded and grabbed Eren's hand, dragging him with her.

Grisha chuckled, nodding Elysias mom goodbye before walking behind the two children.

"So, where are we going?" Eri asked as she let go of Eren's hand.
The young boy shrugged, glancing behind at his father.
It had started raining on the way to their destination, but that wasn't enough to bring down Eri's bubbly mood.

"We're visiting some friends of mine, the Ackerman's, they have a daughter too. Her name is Mikasa."

After a few minutes of walking a house came into view. Elysia pulled down the hood of her coat when they stood under the roof, where the rain couldn't reach.

"Mikasa?" Eren mumbled out after Grisha knocked.

"Yes. She's about your age. There aren't many children in these parts, so try to get along. " The man answered, turning towards the two.

"That depends on how she acts..." Elysia watched her friend look off to the side, and nearly rolled her eyes.

"Eren. That attitude is why you've only made two friends. Are they not home?"

Eri almost laughed at her friends' fathers words, but stopped when she noticed Eren glaring at her.
It was true though. Eren's only friends were herself, and a boy named Armin, whom she was good friends with as well. Although, it's not like she was any better at making friends..

Grisha knocked again. "Mr. Ackermann! It's Jaeger! Is anyone home?" He took it upon himself and just opened the door after nobody answered, again.

He halted midway, and let out an audible gasp.

"What's wrong, Mr. Jaeger?" Eri subconsciously reached after Eren's hand, who didn't mind at all.

"What is it, Dad?"

Grisha stepped in, revealing the gruesome sight to the two children.
A black haired woman lying on the floor, blood splattered everywhere.
The young girl gasped in horror, taking a step back.

"Too late. Eren, Elysia. Have you seen the girl - Mikasa - anywhere nearby?" The doctor went to check her pulse, but she was already dead.
Eri hesitantly shook her head, and Eren replied with a quiet "No.".

"I see... I'll get the Military Police and have them conduct a search! You two wait at the foot of the mountain. If anything happens, protect each other. Is that clear, Eren?!"
He ignored her, gripping Eri's hand tighter and tighter, to the point where she started hurting.

"Eren!"

"Eren? What are you doing, your Father told us to wait." Elysia quietly spoke, still in shock from what she saw earlier.

"Yeah, as if. I'm going to go look for Mikasa!" Eren scoffed, a determined look on his face.
"You stay here, and run away if anybody approaches you. You're crazy fast anyways..."
But before he could get far, he heard small footsteps behind him, and the white haired girl took a hold of his sleeve as she started walking next to him.

"No! I'm coming with you, then. We'll find Mikasa together." She calmly said, doing her best to muster a smile.

Eren just shrugged, and kept on walking.

They arrived at another house, and Eren told Elysia to get behind him as he quietly opened the doors.

There was a hallway with a few doors, but after they heard talking coming from the last room, Eren knew where to go.
Elysia couldn't see from behind Eren, as she was significantly shorter than him, even though he was just a year older, but she heard a few gasps coming from inside.

"Excuse me..." Eren innocently said, looking at the two tall men.

"Hold it, kid! How did you find this place?!" The freakishly tall man yelled at Eren, who started fake crying, and Elysia, who was just crying.

"Err, uh.. My sister and I got lost in the forest and then, umm, I saw this cabin, so.."

The bald man started at Elysia's hair an eyes, trying to hide his smirk by looking at the other man, who sat in the back of the room.

"You know kids shouldn't wander around the forest all alone. Scary wolves live in the forest, you know," The man put a hand on Eri's hair, starting to pet her slowly.

"But there's nothing to worry about now. We'll be happy to take you two-"

The man was cut off by Eren shooting his hand up, and stabbing a knife into his abdomen.
"Thanks, Mister. I already know the score." Eren used his free hand to push the man's arm from Elysia's head.

"So die, you asshole!"

"Huh?! What the hell?!" The other man hastily stood up from his seat, as Eren pushed Eri back and closed the door.

The man yelled something, but Elysia completely blended him out.
"Eren..."

"Stand back, Eri-Chan."

He pushed her aside, and she could only watch as the man opened the door, before helplessly being attacked by Eren.
The boy stabbed him over and over again, with a broom and the same knife, as Elysia stumbled over to the young girl lying on the floor.

She had a bruise around her mouth

"You damn animal!! Die! Die! This is what you get! This is what you deserve! Never get up again!"

Elysia's already wobbly legs gave out, making her slump down on the floor as she stared at Eren.

"You're safe now... You can relax."

Eri helped Mikasa sit up, meanwhile Eren used the now bloody knife to cut apart the ropes on her wrist.

"I take it you're Mikasa? I'm Eren, and this is my friend Elysia, but you can call her Eri Chan. I'm Dr. JaegerMs son. I'm sure you've met my dad before. We were tagging along when he visited your house for a checkup. But then..."

The whole time, Mikasa didn't say a word. Even, when Eri repeatedly asked her if she was okay.

"There were three of them."

Eren saw Elysia's horrified face as she stared at something behind him, and quickly turned around with a gasp.
He tried reaching for the knife, but the dark haired man quickly sent a kick to his side, making him fall back.

The man slowly approached Eren, as Elysia began crying again.

"Was it you? Was it you who killed 'em?! Was it? I'm gonna kill you! I'm gonna kill you!" He picked Eren up by his collar, slightly choking him as he held the boy up high in the air.

Eren, despite not being able to breathe very well, looked at Mikasa with a stern look, knowing that his other friend would be of no use in a real fight.
"F-Fight! Fight! Fight.. or die...! Win... and live!"

Something in Mikasa snapped.
As the man kept on yelling and choking Eren, Mikasa grabbed the knife from the floor and shakily stood up.

"No... I can't do it."

Just then... I remembered. I had seen this same thing... over and over... all my life. I'd seen it everywhere I went.. But... I always looked the other way. "That's right... We live... in a cruel world." At that moment, by body stopped shaking. I was in full control of myself after that. I thought I could do anything... "Fight"

"Fight."

"Fight!"

"Eren, Elysia. I told you to wait at the foot of the mountain. Do you have any idea what you've done?!"

Eri listened to Grisha argue with Eren, as she tightly held Mikasa's hand in front of the small fire they made.

Neither of them had spoken much, but Elysia figured they were both sad, and hesitantly grabbed a hold of her hand.
When the black haired girl didn't shake her off or anything, they just stayed like that.

"I got rid of some dangerous animals! They just happened to look like people!" He yelled.

"Eren!"

"They would've been long gone by the time the Military Police arrived! It would've been too late!"
Elysia took a glance at Mikasa, who had her eyes set on the ground.

"Even so, you were just lucky. Eren! The way you casually threw your and Elysia's life away is what I'm angry about! You too, Elysia!"

"But... I wanted to save her as fast as I could..."
Grisha sighed, taking his hands off of Eren's shoulders and standing up to his full height.

"Mikasa, do you remember me? We've met several times before, when you were little." The man turned to look at Mikasa and Eri.

"Dr. Jaeger... How do I get home from here? I'm cold... I have nowhere to go now..." Elysia slipped her hand out of Mikasa's, and slowly took a step back, towards the fire.
She watched as Eren stepped forward, taking off his red scarf and wrapping it around Mikasa's head.

"You can keep this." He said quietly, lazily throwing the end over her face.
"Warm, isn't it?"

Mikasa raised her hand to touch the scarf, her eyes sparkling with admiration.

"It is..."

"Eri! You're cheating!" Eren yelled out angrily, hunching over in exhaustion after their race.
Elysia, who didn't even break a sweat, could only grin at him proudly.

"You even beat Mikasa.." Armin spoke up too. He sat this one out, knowing that he would come in last anyway.

"But only in running! She's still stronger than me." Eri stared at the ravenette with big eyes, smiling from ear to ear.
Mikasa blushed slightly, before petting the younger girls head softly.
"Don't discredit yourself." She said, her lower face hidden under the red scarf.

"Hm, what should we do now?" Elysia asked, rolling down the sleeves of her blouse.

Eren shrugged, taking a look at the sky above. "It's getting dark, maybe we should head back. I don't want your mother shouting at me, again." Eren cringed, remembering the gruesome memory of being yelled at by Elysia's mom.

Armin smiled slightly. "Yeah, I remember that. It was really scary."

Mikasa didn't know what they were talking about, but curtly nodded her head.
"Eren's right. Let's head back now."

Elysia nodded, running back to their spot to get her bag, as she was the only one who had brought one.
"Let's go~"

Not even a week later, Elysia, Mikasa and Eren found themselves at the very same spot in from of the big tree, in the middle of a field outside of Shiganshina.
However, this time it wasn't for playing purposes.
Mikasa and Elysia were busy collecting firewood for Carla, meanwhile Eren got lazy and took a nap below the tree.

"Eri-chan, you wait here while I go and wake up Eren." Mikasa said to the Nine year old, who could only dreamily nod her head, as she was busy admiring a small white flower.
Mikasa sighed, before turning around to get Eren.

"Huh? Mikasa..."

"We should be getting back." Mikasa said to the brown haired boy, standing over him.

"What are we doing here...?"

"You were that deep asleep that you're still only half-awake? Eri is tired and I don't want to carry her."

"No.. It just feels like I had this really long dream or something... What was it about? I can't remember..." Eren sat up against the tree, as Mikasa went to wear the wooden carrier, that had most of the firewood on it.

"Eren, why are you crying?"

"Huh?" He touched his face, and felt the wet tears falling down his eyes.

"Mikasa, Eri. Don't you dare tell anyone I was crying." Eren awkwardly said as he was walking in between the two girls.

"I won't."

"I might." Eri teased him, earning herself a harsh glare.

"Still, crying for no reason... You should have your dad give you a checkup." Mikasa said to him, ignoring the younger girl.

"Don't be stupid! I can't tell him!"

The thought of it made Elysia giggle internally.
"What are you cryin' about, Eren?"
The three looked up to see a tall blonde man with rosy cheek staring at them.

"Mr. Hannes..!" Eren exclaimed.

"Did Mikasa yell at you for somethin'? Or did Elysia kick you in the butt?" The, obviously drunk, man leaned down, getting into Erens face.

"Huh?! What makes you think I was crying?! Whoa, you reek of alcohol!" Eren quickly changed the topic, turning his body to the side dramatically.
Hannes turned around slightly, staring at his comrades, who were also drunk.

"Oh. You're drinking again..."

"You guys wanna join in?" Hannes grinned lazily, making Eri furrow her eyebrows.
"Oi..! We're way too young. That's illegal!" She spoke up, only slightly raising her voice at him. He was still much, much taller, and even Eren was towering over her.

"Yeah... Don't you have work?" Eren said slowly.

"Yup! We're guardin' the gate today! We're stuck here all day, so we end up getting hungry and thirsty. If some booze happens to get into out drinks, so what? It's no big deal." Eri gave Mikasa a side glance, already knowing that Eren would get mad.

"What if something happens?! Can you fight like that?!" He had an angry look on his face, glaring at Hannes.

"Whadya mean, "If something happens"?" Mr. Hannes raised his eyebrows slightly, staring at the young boy in front of him.

"You know what I mean! I'm talking about if they break the walke and get into the city!" He shouted in anger, making Eri take a step to the side.
"Ow... Geez, Eren. Don't go yellin' like that." He rubbed his head.

Elysia really couldn't feel bad for him, though. He was being irresponsible.

"You've got spunk, doctor's son! If they do bust down the walls, we'll take care of business, don't you worry. But that ain't happened once in the last hundred years." Another Garrison Guard, with the same rosy cheeks as Hannes, got up and walked towards the group, standing in front of Mikasa.

"Still, my dad says there's nothing more dangerous than being complacent like that!" Eren balled his fists as he yelled.
Elysia uncomfortably adverted her eyes now that a stranger came into the picture, not wanting to know wether he was staring at her hair and eyes or not.

"Sorry, guys. I have to go home now, but I'll see you later!" She quickly spoke up, before shortly nodding her two friends goodbye and running past Hannes, to her home.

Avoiding the market, she took a shortcut through an alleyway.
In the end, it took her no more than three minutes to run halfway across town.
"Mom, I'm home!" Elysia hastily took of her black boots, placing them down besides her mothers shoes, and slipping on her indoor shoes.

"Already? Didn't you want to play with Eren or Mikasa anymore."

Eri gently shook her head, staring up at the black haired woman.
"Alright. Then come help me unpack the groceries."

"Mom? Can I go see if Armin wants to play?" Elysia stuck her head through the door of the living room, looking at her mother with a small grin.
The woman nodded, looking up from the skirt she was currently patching up.

"Just be home before it gets dark, okay? I'm making your favorite today-"

Her words went unheard by her daughter, who was already out the door, smiling like an idiot.

"Armin? Are you home-" She knocked on the Arlert's house door excitedly, when an eldery man opened up.
"Oh. Good Evening, Mr. Arlert. Is Armin home? I wanted to play." Eri smiled up at him, watching as he shook his head.

"Hello Elysia. No, Armin isn't home right now, but you should be able to find him somewhere near the River."
He smiled sweetly at the young girl, watching as she took off once again after thanking him.

She walked around the neighborhood for a good 20 minutes, before finally finding whom she was looking for.

"Armin!" She sprinted towards her friend, stopping right in front of his feet and giving him a big grin.
"Hello." She said, this time more quietly.
Armin chuckled at his long term friend, taking a step back.

"Hello, Eri. What are you doing here?" The two started walking side by side.

She shrugged, playing with her hair.
"Mother didn't want me to help in the kitchen, and I had nothing else to do. I came to your house, and your grandfather said I'd find you somewhere around here." She rambled, throwing her long hair behind her back.

Armin nodded, gripping the book in his arms tightly.

"What's that?" Eri noticed how he was holding the book, and having the attention span of a single piece of celery, it immediately grabbed her attention.

"Oh, this? It's a book my grandpa gave me. It's about the outside world... that kind of stuff." He quietly said to her.

"Huh? The outside world? Is that even allowed-"

"Oh~ Would you look at that. It's the heretic and the freak~" Someone spoke up in a sing song voice, making Armin and Elysia turn around in an instant.

"What are two losers like you doing here? Reading that stupid book of yours?"

There were four boys, all looking at the pair with taunting eyes.

"H-Hey! Don't be mean...!" Elysia yelled, making the tallest of the four glare at her. He grabbed her by her collar and picked her up, making her feet dangle in the air.

"Shut up, freak!" He shouted at her.

And just as Armin was about to try to step in, Eri glared back at the boy, pulling back her right leg, before sending it forward with all her strength.

She didn't exactly aim for anything, but her kick landed right in between his legs, where the sun didn't shine.

He was sent flying back a few feet, rolling around the ground in immense pain.
Elysia hadn't aimed, and she didn't know why he was in that much pain, but she wasn't complaining either.

"You bitch!" Another boy yelled, punching her right in the face.

She stumbled back a bit, before falling down to her knees as she started crying.
Armin glared at the leader of the group, after he ripped the book out of the blonde's hands and threw it on Eri's head.

"What are you gonna do now? Cry to your dead parents about how you want to leave the walls and get yourself killed?" He sent a switch punch to Armin's face, making him stumble back.
"Well, you know that humanity needs to venture into the outside world at some point!"

Elysia silently cried to herself as the boy kicked her same, making her fall over and hit her head.

"What's the matter, heretic?! If you don't like it, let's see you hit back!" The leader bully grabbed Armin's jacket and slammed him into the wall.

"Y-Yeah, right! That would be stooping to your level!" Armin glared at the boy as he spoke, before glancing down at Eri with a worried look.
"Say what?!"

"You know I'm right! That's why you have to resort to violence! Because you can't argue back!" The boy with the greenish blonde hair seemed taken aback, loosening his grip on Armin's shirt.
"Which means you concede defeat to me, does it not?!"

The grey haired boy that was beating Elysia took a step back, letting her be.

"Shut up, smart-ass!" He got ready to throw another punch, before being interrupted by another voice.

"Stop that!"

Elysia lifted her head, only to see Eren running up to the scene, Mikasa right after him.
Upon seeing the latter, the boys got scared and ran away, dragging the boy Elysia had kicked earlier behind them.

"One look at me and they ran off!" Eren smiled to himself, meanwhile Mikasa walked around him to help her female best friend get up to her feet.
"Are you okay?" Mikasa asked quietly, to which the shorter girl nodded.

"My nose hurts." Elysia complained, poking her finger on her nose-bridge.

"It's not bleeding. Those boys aren't as strong as they think." Mikasa reassured her.

"No, it was Mikasa they saw... Ow!" Armin groaned, as he started to stand up too.
"Hey, are you okay Armin?" Eren extended his hand to his friend.

"I can get up on my own..."

"I see..."

"I said humanity needs to venture into the outside world at some point... and then they beat me up and called me a heretic. They called Eri a freak, and she even kicked a guy...! But then.."

"Damn." Eren angrily threw a rock into the water. "Why does everyone look down on people just for wanting to go outside?!"
"Well, because we've had a hundred years of peace by staying inside the walls. They're worrier that going outside carelessly will invited them inside the walls. The royal government's policies have made having any interest in the outside world a taboo."

Eri scooted closer to Mikasa, making their shoulders touch as they held hands.

"It's our lives! We can risk 'em if we want!" Eren muttered, still mad.

"Absolutely not. Forget about it." Mikasa suddenly spoke up, making all three heads turn to her.
"Which reminds me, I can't believe you told my parents!"

Elysia and Armin both shifted their gazes towards Eren.
"Huh?"

"I never agreed to help." Mikasa retorted, turning her face back to the water.
"So, what did they say?" Armin asked, looking at Eren with wide eyes.

"They're... less than pleased." Elysia started playing with Mikasa's fingers, trying her best to listen to what Eren was saying.
But, comparing the length of every single finger she had to Mikasa's was kind of more interesting to her at the moment.

"I figured. Indeed, I think people are crazy if they think we'll be safe inside these walls forever. Just because the walls haven't fallen for a hundred years doesn't guarantee that they won't fall today.... And yet..."

—————————————————————

word count: 3737
not edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 520 30
You transfer to Shiganshina Military School, where you run into Eren Yeager, a troublesome teenaged boy motivated by serious goals. You two seemingl...
6.8K 270 11
DISCONTINUED FOR GOOD. ━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 a girl who witnessed the fall graduates from military training and finds out that her bloodline...
11.4K 449 22
You were running through the woods slicing the napes of titans one by one at the speed of light. You were disgusted by those horrid creatures for...