SAFETY PIN

By nibin0912

PETER PARKER(Tom Holland) X OC (Original Storyline) "We'll safety pin the pieces of our hearts back together... More

Chapter-1: The accident
Chapter-2: Thor
Chapter-3: Long Time, No See
Chapter-5: New Faces
Chapter-6: Secrets and Smiles
Chapter-7: Behind the Mask
Chapter-8: It Doesn't Matter
Chapter-9: Scared
Chapter-10: London
Chapter-11: Really, Really
Chapter-12: Mumbai

Chapter- 4: Punches

28 6 12
By nibin0912

"You're the only one I'd do this for."-5SOS

(AMARA'S POV):

I was standing in a field. The grass was green, and there were daisies and sunflowers everywhere. I remembered where that place was. It was a field that I went with my family to for a picnic when I was 9.
I disappeared as quickly as I came.
Back in that dark corridor.
That corridor that I hated so much. I then saw a shadow. It was my father. Papa. Again.

He looked so different. His lean body was unnaturally thin, the clothes hung off his skin like rags, and his black hair was now nearly fully grey, except for some strands. His skin was pale, no, paper white. I looked at him, staring for a few seconds, He then muttered a few words, called me some names, and spat at my feet, looking at me like I was dirt under his shoe. Not even your father wants you. Pathetic. "This is all your fault! All of this!" "Fix it and give me what I want ." He shouted out.
"Or else." He smiled maniacally.

I woke up with a start. I took deep breaths again. 5:30 am. I felt it was unnatural for me to have a recurring dream about my father, but I brushed it off. It was too chilly, so I didn't bother going out and watering my plants(which I may be obsessed with...)
I'd do it later.
I had a quick shower and wore a white tank top, a pair of blue jeans, black converses and a thick cardigan, that hung loosely over my shoulders. The only reason why I was wearing the cardigan, was because Sophie messaged me all the clothing rules and one of them stated that for girls, 'no bare shoulders should be shown.'
She also told me to ignore that rule, but I was determined to make a good impression, so I wore that.

However weird that may be.

"FRIDAY, is anyone awake?" I asked the AI.
"No, Miss. Williams, but Mr. Rogers might be."
I thought that it was good enough, since Steve, unlike Natasha, didn't care, at all when someone was sneaking around, especially in the Avengers tower.

I quickly grabbed my backpack, full of the books I bought with MJ and Sophie yesterday, and I carefully went outside my room. I heard the TV on, and I slowly crept up behind the sofa. I went, and after seeing there was no one, I went to the kitchen counter, and made two sandwiches, for me and Vihaan.

Steve then came in, and I whispered "Good Morning " to him, my voice hoarse, scratching the back of my throat like an itch that would never go away.
He whispered it back and continued watching the TV.
"There was an ATM robbery, yesterday on Mott Street, and the robbers went unharmed. This has raised suspicions. Where were the city's protectors? Varuna and Spider-Man? Where have they disappeared? This is NBTC news, and this is Michelle Quentin, reporting facts 24/7." My heart dropped.

I was so stupid! I wanted a break for two days, and already, shit hit the fan.
That's the first thing you learn in HYDRA, there are no breaks.

Steve's face morphed into anger, confusion and sadness, all in the span of a few seconds, as he turned off the television. He changed it to Netflix, and I was grateful that he didn't speak.

I was in no mood.

I was grateful to know that Steve was someone I could rely on when it came to reading my emotions. I was a rollercoaster of them(which I was trying to sort out with my mandated Avenger's therapist).

We then watched TV for an hour and a half, until I realised I had school, and got up. Steve then flopped to the side of the sofa, asleep and gently snoring. I smiled and picked up a blanket that was lying on the side of the sofa. I spread it over him, put off the TV and grabbed my lunch, placing it in the bag, hoping it wouldn't crush. I then wrote a note:

Frozen waffles in the fridge. Loki is not responsible for heating them up. Bye.

The note was a little brash, I went down the elevator and was on my way to school. 7:00 am. School started at 8:00, so I could cycle to the nearest Starbucks, pick up a few coffees for MJ, Sophie and I, grab breakfast, and be on my way by 7:30.

But of course, that didn't go to plan, not that I'm complaining. 5 minutes into cycling to the nearest Starbucks, I found a chicken-like bird lying near the sidewalk in sewer water, trying not to get sucked inside the drain. It was waterlogged, in a pile of mud, its feathers stuck to each other.

I panicked, quickly parked my bike, ran to the drain, and picked her up. "Hello, little birdie." I cooed. At first, I thought that it was a normal pigeon, but then I saw blue flames. And she appeared.

"Oh, hello Indigo. How'd you land up here?" I asked the blue phoenix from Atlantis.
"I don't know. Fred was being bitchy 'bout Arenk and I was about to punch him and I evaporated. Bad timing." Indigo said in a deep voice. Indigo was female and about 500 years old. Arenk's her brother, and Fred's her best friend(or boyfriend, or something. Technically, I shouldn't know that.).

"I'll take you to school, but poop on me, and I'll tell the lunch lady, to make you into a stew." "Bitch." she muttered under her breath. I rolled my eyes, took off my helmet and placed it in my cycle's basket. I then proceeded to take out a napkin from my lunch bag(thank you, Steve.) and rubbed her body, making her dry.

"Jeez, bitch, watch the tail. Those plumes are the whole reason why Troy chose me and not you." she said snarkily.
"He's a phoenix, I'm not gonna date interspecies. Isn't that bestiality? And he's your boyfriend!" I said exasperatedly. "You keep telling yourself that, bitch." (if you haven't noticed, she used the word 'bitch' a lot). I sighed and started cycling. I stopped at the Starbucks drive-through and checked the time. "Shit, it's 7:30, I'm gonna be late!" I exclaimed. Of course, Indigo just called me a bitch, and I ignored her, the usual.

I, sometimes felt as if my mind ran circles around me. I moulded my personality to fit these voids of people I didn't even know I was supposed to like. To impress teachers, friends, and people I barely knew. It felt like a betrayal. Who was I? Why did I crave validation so much, for someone who hated people doing that herself? Why did I need people to tell me who I was?

I quickly kept Indigo in my helmet and dashed towards the school. Finally, I parked my cycle, put on the lock, grabbed Indigo, kept her in my backpack's water bottle holder, and ran to class. I went inside. 7:57 am.

Record time. The first bell went off, and I took a swig of water and found MJ and Sophie.
"Hey...I...made...it," I said, panting.
"You know, for an Avenger, you gotta work on your stamina."MJ speculated.
"Ha.ha." I countered feebly.
"Bitch.." I heard someone mutter. Indigo was perched upon my shoulder.
"Stupid bloody chicken," I muttered angrily.
"I heard that!" She shouted. Everyone in the hall was suddenly staring at us.
"What you looking at!" MJ shouted out, growling.
"If y'all wanna stare at me, just ask!" Sophie stated, flipping her hair.
Everyone thankfully turned back around, obviously terrified or embarassed.

This is why they are my best friends.

"Shut up, and speak softer." I hissed at the bird.

MJ and Sophie had met Indigo earlier when something similar happened last year. She snuck into my bedroom, and when they came over one day in 7th grade, my entire room was either on fire or blue in colour.

Two boys came and approached us in school. The first one was Asian, with a mop of black hair, and wearing a Hawaiian t-shirt. The other one was taller and had a head of brown, curly and unruly hair. He looked at me and gave me a kind smile. I gave him one back and turned to MJ and Sophie.
"Well, this is Ned," Sophie said gesturing towards the boy who was feeling her hair in awe.
Sophie just stood there, smiling, a big toothy grin.
"It's so..so soft! What conditioner do you use, dude?!"
"And this is Peter," she said, ignoring Ned, and gesturing to the brown-haired one.
"Hey," I muttered, bowing my head down.

After all these years, you still haven't lost it, huh? The voice in my head whispered.

"Wow, MJ! She could beat you at the whole emo girl thing." Ned said.
"Watch it, Ned. She might kill you at midnight." MJ smirked.

"She doesn't seem to be the type." Peter regarded me with a chuckle.
"Don't underestimate me, little boy." I sent him a cheeky smile.
"There's my bright girl. Show them who you are." Sophie whispered in my ears, and MJ took my hand, intertwining our fingers, and holding me tightly.

She'd never admit it, but she felt nervous around crowds, so she always held one of our hands to guide her to feel safer.

The boys seem nice. At least no one is intently staring at me.

Then, a wild group of children came near me. Of course, it was headed by Eugene 'Flash' Thompson, and his wannabe girlfriend, Vanessa Graves.
Flash was wearing a skin-tight white shirt, a pair of jeans, Doc Martens and an unzipped hoodie, probably supposed to show off his 'figure', but making him look more like a pot-bellied drunkard. Vanessa, on the other hand, was wearing a stunning pink dress, with high heels, but had the ugliest sneer on her face, which ruined her whole outfit

Her dress nearly broke every rule.
And damn, Ama, really making your teacher's pet side obvious on the first day.

"Well, if it isn't bitch, psycho, and the faggot. Ah, I see that Penis Parker and his sidekick joined you." He stated.
"Hello, Eugene." I mocked.

"How nice to know you don't know our names. Your brain is the size of an atom, anyway. Makes sense. At least that way when I murder you I won't have to go through the whole process of changing mine, since nobody here knows my name, if you didn't remember, Eugene." I retorted. He looked aghast like I had committed a crime by telling the group his real name. Murmurs started going around.

He then did something low, even for him.

He punched me.

That idiot punched me?!

Revenge time.

"Go Hulk!" MJ yelled.
"Oh, yes!" I reached into my pocket, pretending to search for something, but turned on my power-shifting bracelets, so I didn't accidentally kill him.

Sadly.

I punched him until my knuckles hurt.
"If-You- Call- My- Friend -Sophie-A -Faggot- Again- I'll- Make- Sure- You- Lose- The- Ability- To- Have- Children," I said between every punch. His Rolex watch had dug into my forehead, creating a large gash as he pulled away. I stopped when someone pulled me off. Flash was barely standing, with a nosebleed but it was oh, so worth it. The person dragged me to the office, while I tried to stop my head from bleeding profusely.

Safe to say that I got detention for a week.

"No! This isn't funny, MJ! It's my first day!" I half-yelled at her.

MJ, Soph and I were sitting on my bedroom floor after school. I held some ice to my forehead, and they were rolling in laughter.

"Oh my god! Shut up! It was fantastic. I have the whole thing on tape, even the part where at the end he was mumbling that he thought only boys could punch. You really showed him, you bad bitch."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Forever By Ava

Fanfiction

719 47 14
Peter had never been in a relationship before. It was a new feeling, it was perfect. Until it wasn't. Not that it mattered though, he thought it was...
132K 3.5K 25
Tony hasn't seen Peter in a few months after Civil War. Peter wished Tony would've reached out sooner, but one night Peter doesn't know who else to c...
576K 14.4K 17
‟ When I'm with you I finally feel like I belong somewhere " [CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR] [COVER MADE BY: @PINKEHART] [PETER PARKER X OC]
51.7K 1.4K 46
TWO YOUNG HEARTS ━━ ❝ The beautiful thing about young love is the truth in our hearts that it will last forever. ❞ [plot by starfragment] [civil war...