2018

By binjinyes

A short story of what could've transpired in 2018. From aquaintances to best friends, fate and destiny lead H... More

CONNECTION
CONVERSATION
COMPLIMENTS
CONFESSION
COURTING
CONFIRMATION
COMMITMENT
CONTENTMENT - day two
COMPATIBILITY
CERTITUDE

CONSTANCY - day one

4K 175 40
By binjinyes

A/N: Hello! Apologies for the delay. I decided to take a break from the fangirl life to focus on irl concerns. Thank you for your patience in waiting for updates! I appreciate all the comments and will try to reply soon. I hope this chapter would make up for the long wait. 🤗
Happy reading!

~

In a restaurant at a beautiful coastline with mesmerizing view, Yejin and her team found themselves in an abrupt meeting right after they arrived in Nice, France. She has a two-day photoshoot for Harper's Bazaar the following days.

They had no itinerary for the day since they arrived mid-afternoon and wanted to rest in preparation for work the next day. However, the photographer and his team arranged an immediate meeting to raise their concern.

Nice, France is known for its fantastic climate, unluckily, upon checking the weather forecast, they realized there was high probability of rain on the second day of shoot.

After meeting and discussing for a solution, Yejin and her team decided to shoot everything in one day which means she'll have to do the photoshoot from early morning to late afternoon. There were concerns of her being overworked if they squeezed everything in a day but Yejin was positive that it was feasible and was the best solution to their predicament. She assured everyone that the changes were fine with her.

Contented that the issue has been settled, they went back to the hotel to regain energy from the long flight and prepare for a long day of work. While her wardrobe assistant unpacked the outfits for the shoot, Yejin dialed her phone to call Bin.

She updated him of her whereabouts and relayed the change of schedules. Sudden changes can be a hassle especially when it comes to work but Yejin's optimism boosted the energy of her workmates. Bin also considered the sudden change as a blessing in disguise.

They have been talking about her upcoming overseas photoshoot. Bin will be filming in Barcelona, Spain while Yejin will have her photoshoot in Nice, France. Looking for possibilities of meeting up, Bin checked both of their schedules. Unfortunately, his free days did not coincide with her schedule. Yejin has work on Bin's first free day.

It was unfortunate that Yejin had to work overtime, but Bin was lowkey glad about their synchronous free day. He immediately checked for direct flights which would take approximately two hours from Barcelona to Nice.

After a full day of photoshoot, Harper's Bazaar prepared a dinner reservation in a restaurant by the beach. Yejin was exhausted after changing outfits, make up, locations, and poses the entire day, but her excitement to explore the place without having to think of work gave her enough energy to enjoy the night.

Now that both are in Europe and share the same time zone, it was easier for them to communicate. Yejin went back to the hotel after the scrumptious dinner. She freshened up before going to bed, exhausted yet contented with today's hard work. Checking her phone, she read Bin's message.

"Hi, love. We finished filming an hour earlier. Hope you're enjoying France with your team."

She was happy to know that he was off work so she called him immediately.

"Hi! I missed you!" She greeted him cheerfully when the call connected. Though tired, her smile was bright and contagious which uplifted Bin's mood right away.

"Are you back in your room? Have you eaten dinner?" She wanted to ask more questions but hearing him chuckle, she paused to let him talk.

"Yes. I ordered room service for dinner." He directed his phone to the spread of food in the table. He faced the camera back to him, "I miss you too. How was your shoot?"

They caught up with their day, talking and laughing at the humor only the couple would understand.

Bin transferred to the balcony when he finished his meal. He sat outside, staring at the night sky over the Mediterranean sea. Yejin followed suit, she sat in a recliner lounge chair at the balcony.

"What are your plans tomorrow?" She asked, curious at how he'll spend his two free days.

"I booked a flight to Nice," he informed casually, not meeting her gaze. He took a peep in his phone and ended up smiling, unable to resist from laughing at Yejin's unchanging expression. She was still looking at him with skepticism, eyes wide open, staring in disbelief.

"I wanted to surprise you but I might end up being surprised if you decided to travel out of the city when I arrive. I hope you haven't made plans yet," he eyed, looking hopeful at her.

Her  mind went into overdrive on how they'll spend their first vacation together. Looking delighted, her eyes lit up, the corner of her mouth lifted into a wide smile.

🌦
Bin booked an early morning flight to make the most of his free day with Yejin. He arrived at seven thirty in the morning, welcomed by a cloudy sky as rain started to fall. During their conversation last night, they decided for Bin to stay in the same hotel with Yejin. She wanted to fetch him in the airport but Bin insisted on going by himself, assuming there'll be heavy rain which would only put her in danger going to and fro the airport.

Unbeknownst to Yejin, Bin booked a villa by the beach where a famous local market was located just ten minutes away. The resort offered water sports which he knew Yejin would enjoy. He was hoping the rain would stop and allow them to explore the place together. He excitedly planned an itinerary for them, clueless at the dilemma her girlfriend was in.

While waiting for Bin at the hotel, Yejin was perplexed about their sleeping arrangement.

Should I book a room for him or should I invite him to stay in my room instead? He slept in my house before, anyways. We're in a relationship so it should be fine. But we never slept in the same bed yet. She thought hard and rationalized their situation. They were adults, heck they were in their late thirties. She wasn't as innocent to deny her growing desires for him. However, she wasn't sure if she was ready to go that far in their intimacy.

Her thoughts were cut off when her phone rang. Bin called to inform that he was on his way to the hotel. She quickly arranged her stuff and went down to the lobby to welcome him.

Few minutes later, Bin stepped out from the cab carrying his bag. She walked briskly to his direction, smiling bright with ardour. He caught her in a side embrace, carrying his bags with one hand and embracing her with the other.

"How was your flight?"

"It was fine. I woke up just when we were about to land."

Yejin stopped walking in the middle of the lobby. She looked at him awkwardly.

"Umm. Where do you want to stay? I was thinking of getting you a room but I was uncertain of your preferences," she asked him carefully.

Hyunbin studied her face, resisting the urge to smile at her cuteness. She was obviously confused and shy at the unexpected freedom they have as a couple, given that they were in a secluded part of Europe, away from the prying eyes of the public.

"I actually looked up for a place to stay." He pulled his phone from his pocket to show her the photos of the resort. "There's a villa with a a private pool, and the resort is just ten minute walk to a local market. Would you like to transfer there?"

Yejin swiped through the photos, thrilled to see the amenities the resort offered. She also saw photos of the local market. Her initial uncertainty was washed away as she excitedly agreed to his invitation.

He helped pack her things and they were already heading out of the hotel in less than an hour. The hotel arranged chauffeur service for them. They held hands as they made their way to the resort, not minding the downpour of rain.

It was half past nine when they arrived at the villa. They set aside their luggage and settled in the sofa to rest. Yejin has always been a planner even during her vacation. She makes a long list of great restaurants and local shops. She finds joy in planning a perfect trip. The unexpected but welcomed shift of plans with Bin was refreshing for her. The spontaneity felt nice.

The rainfall kept them inside the villa. They ordered room service for morning snacks. Since it was impractical to head out with the downpour, they decided to just relax inside. Yejin urged Bin to take a nap, noticing his exhaustion from filming and his early morning flight.

🌤
Hyunbin woke up to a bright room with a fresh earthy smell of air following the rainfall. He jerked out in bed when he realized he overslept, wondering what Yejin did the past few hours.

She was reading a book in the living room when Hyunbin found her. The french doors surrounding their villa were all open with the sheer curtains flowing elegantly with the wind, allowing the sunlight and sea breeze to fill the room which gave a relaxing summer ambience.

Yejin was wearing a white, cotton long sleeve with blue stripes, and a pair of fitted jeans. She looked elegant in a casual tee. The wind were beautifully messing her untied hair.

He smiled at her simplicity, her ability to find joy in the simplest of things. Peace and joy radiate in her aura and he vowed to protect her and their love. He took a quick photo of her, admiring how beautiful she was without even trying.

He slowly walked towards the woman he has been staring at. Taking a seat in the same sofa, he rested his head on her lap. Yejin was surprised at his sudden clinginess. And was delighted to indulge him.

"Omo. My giant dongsaeng," she brushed her fingers on his silky hair. He hummed at the relaxing pattern, feeling her care in every stroke. "My yeppeo noona," he smiled displaying his dimples and mirroring her eye smile.

"Noona??" Her eyes widened and smacked his chest playfully. "You refused to call me noona when we first met!" She reminded him.

He smirked and shrugged his shoulders, "Younger generation don't use honorifics if it's just a few months difference."

She eyed him sarcastically, "Ahh so you belong in the younger generation, huh?"

He chuckled as he raised a thumbs up and smiled teasingly at her. "I'm hip," he added, teasing her further.

Yejin was suppressing her laughter. He acted like an oppa to her most of the time but she enjoyed when his giant boyfriend acted like a big baby. Only a few has seen his comical character, and it never failed to make her laugh out loud.

"Hip? You don't even have instagram, ahjussi!" She tickled him and teased at the same time.

Hyunbin wasn't really ticklish, and her small hands were nothing to his hard and very toned muscles yet he pretended to be tickled because he loved hearing her giggles. After a while, he caught her hands and started tickling her as well.

Yejin was no feat to his huge body. She was overpowered by her beau and she could only laugh and plead for him to stop. He kept tickling her and eventually pinned her down the sofa. Yejin was already teary-eyed from laughing hard. He finally stopped and tucked stray of hair that fell on her face. He smiled while he let her recover from their laughter-fit.

"You don't play fair! You're bigger than me that's why I lost!" She pouted at him, the noona was nowhere to be found, it was her turn to be babied.

He grinned at her cuteness and stared at her with ardour, "I love you, baby." He took his time to look each of her eye and down to her lips. He puckered his lips, asking her for a kiss. Yejin playfully pursed her lips, shaking her head to tease him. He chuckled and settled at kissing her forehead, then her nose. He pulled back to look at her, and they both smiled as she went to kiss him on the lips.

The kiss was gentle and unhurried, until she parted her lips and welcomed his tongue as they wallowed in the intoxicating taste of each other. Their kiss deepened and hands were slowly roaming, pressing their bodies as they instinctively wanted to keep each other closer. They eventually drew apart for air, looking at their flushed face and swollen lips, they were torn between diving into their desire or taking it slow until both were ready. He wanted it. She wanted it. But they wanted to take things slowly. The urge to grow and flourish their relationship carefully was stronger, taking interest on their hearts and souls instead. They ended up snuggling in the sofa for another hour.

"Let's stroll along the beach," she turned her head to Bin who was spooning her from behind.

It was three in the afternoon, the sun dried the land, leaving no trace of the heavy rain earlier that day. The air was fresh, and the sky glowing, casting a double rainbow which coloured the sky like a gift after a gloomy day.

They held hands while walking barefoot along the beach. It was liberating to show affection in public, free from worries and away from controversies.

With his long legs, Bin adjusted his strides to accommodate Yejin's pace. They walked in silence, casually glancing at each other with dimpled smiles and crescent eyes.

"Agh!" Yejin bent down, pointing at the sole of her foot. "I stepped on something."

Bin lowered his body down in a squat to check her foot when Yejin pulled her foot away. Sticking her tongue out, she chriped, "Gotcha!"

An incrodolous gasp was all he could make, dumbfounded at her girlfriend's mischievous tricks.

He walked briskly towards her, catching her by the waist in a few, long strides. He lifted her up bridal style.

"Yaaa! Put me down!" She laughed and wriggled her legs, trying to get down.

"You might step on something else again," he tightened his hold as he humored her.

"No, no! I'll be careful, I promise!" She insisted.

Bin put her down, laughing at their playful banters. As soon as Yejin was down to her feet, she sprinted away from him, giggling at their silliness. He chased her, taking small steps to let her run a distance before catching her again.

She no longer resisted when Bin caught her. His hands snaked around her waist as she rested her back and head on his chest. They were recovering from the laughter fit, sighing at the joy and love filling their hearts.

"Don't you think we're too old to play like this?" She asked as she stared at the sunset dreamily.

"When will we do this, then? When we can't run anymore because of back and knee pain?" He answered.

His answer made her imagine of an older version of themselves. Growing old together. That sounds nice. She thought.

"I used to think movies with scenes of couples chasing each other in the beach were cliché," she shared. Bin hummed in her ear, nudging her to continue. "Now, I understand. Things are cliché for a reason," she added.

Bin kissed her temple as they swayed in a tempo of the calming sound of waves crashing against the shore.

As the sun was about to set, they continued their stroll towards the local market while Bin occasionally took photos of her.

Local restaurants, boutiques, and souvenir shops were lined up. Yejin excitedly entered one of the shop with the intent of buying gifts for her friends.

"Will you be fine here? I'll just go to the restroom on the next block. Wait for me here," he turned to leave after confirming that Yejin wanted to stay longer.

In truth, he eyed a flower shop while they were strolling. He went back to buy a bouquet of pink, purple, and red tulips.

He stood outside the souvenir shop, waving a hand to let her know he's back.  She nodded and hurriedly paid for her purchases.

When Yejin stepped out of the store, Bin instinctively got the shopping bag and held out the bouquet towards her. She was elated to see the flowers, beaming in delight at his sweet surprise. She sniffed the flowers as she hugged Bin's free arm.

"You make my heart flutter over and over and over again," she said smiling.

They continued their walk while randomly checking the stalls, Yejin eventually filled a huge shopping bag. Bin never complained, he enjoyed the freedom of walking hand in hand.

While Yejin shopped, Bin looked for a restaurant to eat. He noticed a long queue of locals at a food stall by the beach. Yejin readily agreed when he pointed out the stall. While waiting in line, the couple continued chatting, occasionally flirting with one another, basking the normalcy just like any other couple.

They ordered Cassoulet, a dish popular in Southern France; Bouillabaisse, a Provençal fish soup with a tomato base; Lobster roll, and a bottle of wine. They enjoyed their dinner with a view of the French Riviera coastline.

Satisfied with their meal, Hyunbin and Yejin headed back to their villa. Yejin washed up first while Bin set up the lounge chairs by the pool. He prepared wine glasses and placed the wine they bought on the table. When Yejin finished, Bin followed and showered quickly.

She was finishing up her nighttime regimen when Bin got out from the bathroom, with nothing but a towel draped around his torso. She avoided to look at him but curiously peeked whenever he turned his back. He was looking for a pair of sleepwear from his bag, unaware of her girlfriend staring from behind.

Walking back to the bathroom to change, he looked at Yejin who was picking up the skin care products she dropped on the floor. Yejin decided to leave the room while Bin changed his clothes.

The moon and stars glisten brightly as the rain cleared the sky. She appreciated the outdoor pool and saw the crate which Bin turned into a table for the wine and glasses, and two chaise lounges beside it. She sat on the chair with her legs extended. Not long after, Hyunbin went out to join her.

Yejin only noticed his arrival when she felt a blanket cover her. Bin draped her snuggly in a fluffy blanket. She met his gaze and smiled gratefully to her lover. He has been consistent in showing care towards her. His constant reminders showed his genuine concern and love for her.

Bin walked to the other chair and started pouring wine in the glass. When he handed one to her direction, Yejin extended one arm to receive the glass and patted the space beside her with her other arm. "Sit beside me. We can fit in this blanket."

Hyunbin smiled at her offer and gladly complied to her request. Like a puzzle piece, their bodies fit perfectly as he placed his arm around her, encaging her in an embrace. Yejin rested her head on his shoulder.

Just like the night when he confessed his love for her, they stayed silent while sipping their wine, basking the serenity under the Mediterranean night sky.

They talked about everything and nothing, shared their goals and dreams, smiled and laughed at their inside jokes.

It was like they had all the time in the world, and felt like the world were in their arms. They refilled their glasses, slowly consuming the wine until the bottle was empty.

"Thank you, Bin." Yejin said in a small voice, staring blankly at the evening twilight.

It has only been a month since their relationship became official. This period may be considered as a magical time where they find each other perfect and very much in love; the honeymoon stage, a phase which may fade unnoticed over time. Nevertheless, the connection between them left no doubts in their hearts, secured and safe in the knowledge that they both yearn for stability. Their friendship blossomed because of their consistent desire to care for each other, genuinely and sincerely.

Sharing the same understanding that love alone won't keep a relationship, they vowed to protect and tend their relationship with care. They were not faultless, they are just humans who have flaws and weaknesses, but they desired to consistently hone their values. As partners, they were committed to constantly learn and grow together. Constancy is related to permanence. This is exactly how they felt with one another. The constancy in their relationship empowered them the ability to maintain an emotional bond regardless of distance and conflicts.

They were sober and highly aware of their surroundings. Warmth spread across their body as they kept each other close in an embrace. He was giving featherlight kisses on her head, and Yejin responded by tilting her head up to meet his lips on hers. They shared a gentle kiss, one that felt comfortable and secured.

Warm tongues started tracing lips as they welcomed each other, opening their mouths to deepen the kiss. Bin nibbled and sucked her lower lip which elicited a sigh from Yejin. Senses were heightened as their chaste kiss turned into a passionate one, eyes half-open in desire.

After a few long minutes, he drew back to rest his forehead against hers. With flushed face and heaving chest, he could hardly resist the temptation of savoring that moment. If he don't stop now, he may not be able to control his growing desire. He wanted her. Badly. But he wasn't going to push her into something he knew she was not completely ready for. He has always put her wants and needs a priority. His respect towards her go beyond his physical desires. He cupped her face and kissed her forehead, "Yej... I— I'll just use the restroom.." He said breathily.

Yejin knew what he was doing. She felt him when their bodies pressed during the kiss, when his hand caressed the side of her chest, when the beating of his heart echoed the beating of hers. She wanted him. Although she wanted to take it slow, she no longer have hesitations in making love with the man who showered her with respect and selfless love. She knew he needed her. She needs him, too. And she needs to let him know.

Before he could leave, Yejin nudged his forearm. He saw her darkened eyes and dilated pupil, realizing that she, too, was as affected as him.

Looking at her endearingly, he examined for any apprehension, as if seeking for a confirmation. She smiled tenderly and nodded softly. The intensity of their gaze were enough to fulfill their wordless agreement.

He smiled, his gaze strolling over her face. He bent down to kiss her head as he carefully placed one arm under her legs and the other supporting her back. He carried her bridal style towards the bedroom. The warm feeling of her breath was inviting. He held her closer and met her lips again. The flutters only intensified as they kissed in perfect sync, knowing that they both wanted each other. Stopping by the door, he asked, "Are you sure, Yej? I'll ask you one more time. It would be difficult to stop once we enter the room."

Yejin locked her arms around his neck, nodding in surrender. "I want you just as much, Bin."

He smiled and walked in the room as he lay her down gently in bed with him hovering on top, careful not to crash his weight on her. He wasn't sure if his mind tricked him into a perfect present, but there was raw emotion in the way their fingers traced the exposed skin, the way his faint masculine and her spring-like scent were hypnotic beyond reason, how addictively they invaded all their senses.

Under the Mediterranean moonlight, two souls touched into the depths of their being, crashing whatever distance was left as they filled each other's hearts, chanting sweet nothings and dancing to the rhythm of love, passionate to reach the height of their desires.

-----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 1.8K 12
Hyun Bin is a CEO of SK's biggest coffee shops chain. An ambitious businessman by day, a womanizer by night. Son Yejin is an owner of a small coffee...
125K 6K 39
#WATTYS2020 An unforeseen encounter between flight attendant Son Yejin and a journalist Hyun Bin had led to an investigation of a scandal in the airl...
148K 6.8K 37
Fate decides to bring rough circumstances for the two lovers who just started to madly fall in love with each other. Are they really destined to be t...
150K 8.2K 52
What will you do when you need to make a decision upon reaching crossroads in life? Both options are equally important that left you with no option...