2018

By binjinyes

A short story of what could've transpired in 2018. From aquaintances to best friends, fate and destiny lead H... More

CONNECTION
CONVERSATION
COMPLIMENTS
CONFESSION
COURTING
COMMITMENT
CONSTANCY - day one
CONTENTMENT - day two
COMPATIBILITY
CERTITUDE

CONFIRMATION

3.5K 179 82
By binjinyes

Three weeks since his confession, life has been blissful for Hyunbin and Yejin. The dynamics in their relationship has been impeccable. Their friendship thrived as they opened up more to each other; learning and growing together.

Nothing much really changed aside from the sweeter car rides where they held hands, the long hugs and forehead kisses before one leaves after spending time together, and the efforts they both consistently made to show care towards each other. They still teased and bickered a lot with the intent of making the other laugh. They tended their blossoming relationship with care.

When Hyunbin is restless from filming, she would surprise him with home-cooked meals in the set. She often contact his manager to meet her near the site and would hand him the meals she prepared for Bin and his team. She didn't get out of the car and would literally just drop by to deliver the food to avoid unnecessary attention from the staff and cast.

Upon learning from his manager about her short visit, Bin would immediately call her and whine about not letting him see her. Though he understood that as an actor, Yejin knows how they can be engrossed by the character they're in, and she didn't want his attention to be diverted elsewhere.

After filming the drama vigorously for an entire week, Hyunbin finally got a two-day off before he flies out to Spain. They plan to spend those days together. She even made a reservation on their usual golf course knowing how much he'll miss playing the sport.

The following day, Hyunbin woke up early to prepare for their golf game in Busan. He called her before leaving the house, giving her a heads-up that he's on his way to pick her up. The call went to her voicemail twice before she finally answered.

"Yeoboseyo?" She answered weakly, with a clear indication the she's still in bed.

"Good morning. I'm on my way to your house. Are you okay?"

"Omo.. Mianhae, Bin. I went back to sleep on the first alarm because I didn't feel well. I forgot to set the clock again," she said as she struggled to rise from bed. She tried to get up, but felt a sharp cramp and a dull pelvic pain. She covered her mouth to conceal her whimper.

Hyunbin heard the rustle noise in the background, knowing that she's getting up from bed. He heard her uncomfortable breathing and started to worry about her being sick.

"Are you sick, Yej? What happened? Are you in pain?" He inquisitively asked questions, with a hint of panic in his voice.

"I'm okay, Bin. It's just period cramps. I don't get it always but it just so happened I'm having it worse today. Give me 10 minutes to prepare," she tried to assure him.

"No. Go back to bed, Yej. You should rest." He was relieved that she wasn't sick but he still feels bad that she's in pain.

"But we planned to play golf today. You won't be able to play in a while."

"It's okay. We can play some other time. What's important is you get enough rest, okay?"

He grew up in a household where the only woman was his mother. He and his older brother are quite ignorant on the topics concerning a woman's period. He heard about it but not enough to understand the struggles. He searched the internet on ways to provide relief for menstrual cramps. He studied carefully the remedies listed on the internet and drove off to buy what he thought would be helpful.

He didn't want to wake her up in case she's sleeping, but he needed to see her. Fortunately, she answered immediately when he called.

He smiled apologetically when she opened the door, while Yejin was looking regretful at him, feeling sorry for the sudden change of plans. He put down the shopping bags he carried and walked towards her, hugging her tightly. Yejin locked her arms around his waist as she hugged him back. "I'm sorry," she whispered on his chest.

He loosened his hold to look at her, tucking strands of hair behind her ear. "You shouldn't apologize for being sick, hm?" He reassured her. Picking up his bags, he walked her back to bed. "Is it still painful?" He asked concerned.

She nodded and tried to smile, albeit weakly. Sitting at the edge of her bed, Hyunbin opened the paper bag with the pain meds he bought and opened a bottle of water for her. "I bought pain meds, I heard this works for period cramps."

Yejin looked at him softly, touched by his effort. "Thank you, Bin," she reached out for his hand and smiled gratefully at him, "But I avoid drinking pain meds as long as I can tolerate the pain. I'll just try to sleep this off." He nodded and hugged her instead, stroking her back in a soothing and gentle pressure, hoping to somehow ease her discomfort. He gently laid her back to bed and kissed her head before going out of the room.

He also bought microwavable hot compress which he quickly heated, and covered it with a facial towel from Yejin's bathroom. He tiptoed back to her bedroom, careful not to disturb her, but Yejin was still awake and turned to look at him. He raised the hot packs covered in towel, "Where do you want me to put this?"

Yejin was truly surprised at his effort but was too weak to speak so she just smiled and turned to lie in prone, asking him to put it on her lower back. "Thank you, Bin," she said in a muffled voice.

Yejin woke up past lunch time. She would have went back to sleep if not at her growling stomach screaming to be fed. Pulling herself up, she walked to her kitchen to eat the simplest meal she can make.

She stopped at her doorstep, surprised to see Bin in the living room. She thought he left after assisting her this morning, but seeing him sleep uncomfortably in her sofa made her feel bad. He must have fallen asleep sitting there. She patted him gently on the shoulders, trying to rouse him so he can sleep properly in bed. He blinked slowly to register where he was and when he remembered why he was there, he turned into the ever-attentive guy that he always was. Yejin surrendered at his persistency and curled beside him, and he embraced her closer.

"I thought you went home. Why are you sleeping here uncomfortably?" She turned her face up, pouting and puffing her cheeks as she genuinely felt uneasy for the trouble she caused him.

"I'm okay. Are you feeling better?" He smiled at her.

"Mhmm. I feel better," she smiled and consciously made an effort to display her full eyesmile.

He laughed at her attempt, but was able to sense her uneasiness for having to be taken care of. She has been independent for so long, got used to keeping herself healthy and in check. He was just glad that she's not refusing his help and is allowing him to care for her.

"Are you hungry? I cooked ginseng chicken soup. It's good for period cramps."

Yejin stared at him in disbelief. She didn't even know the soup was a remedy for cramps.

"Why do you know so much? Omo. Have you taken care of someone else before?" She asked with wide eyes, unable to hide her suspicion.

Smiling smugly at the look of slight jealousy in her eyes, he calmly replied, "I searched the internet before coming here. I also bought chocolates in case you'd crave for sweets."

She softened at his initiative to help her feel better, "You are the sweetest," she smiled as she tightened her hug on him. Resting her head on his chest, she whispered, "You're a good man, Bin."

He caressed her back and tucked his chin on her head. "I try. You make me want to be better."

The rest of the day went slow as they distracted themselves for the impending separation. The short trip to Busan might have been cancelled, but there's no place they'd rather be than in each other's warm embrace. The intimacy they shared in the duration of their friendship were in a respectful level; hugs and forehead kisses at most, but the sense of security and emotional support were rooted deep within their being.

They stayed close beside each other, wanting to treasure the moments they shared. At midnight, Yejin finally asked him in a small and shy voice, "It's late.. Do you want to stay here at least for tonight?"

Hyunbin studied her face before he replied, "Will that be okay?"

Both of them were aware of the growing attraction and tension between them, but Hyunbin respected her timeline, not wanting to assume when she has yet to confirm their status. "I'll just stay in the guest room," he smiled and held her closer.

⛅️
Waking up before sunrise, Yejin merrily made her way to prepare breakfast for Bin. She was tying her hair in a bun when she noticed the dim light from her kitchen and heard crackling and sizzling sound.

Head peeking over the wall, she watched Hyunbin multitask in the kitchen as he carefully prepared each ingredient. He was too focused to notice her presence that he let out a yelp when she hugged him from behind.

"I'm supposed to surprise you with breakfast!" She tightened her hug and buried her face on his back.

"I wanted to surprise you too." He turned his upper body to cage her head and kiss her temple, "Good morning." They ended up cooking breakfast together, laughing at the silliest things.

After cleaning, Yejin pulled him up from his seat and forced him to go home. He refused and asked to stay longer, but she was adamant on sending him home. "Just take a shower and change, then come back here for lunch." He half-heartedly left, already missing her presence.

As soon as Hyunbin left, she quickly gathered the ingredients she prepared for the special meal she wanted to give him. She was so sure that Bin had no intention of going home so she had to force him out of her house, though she wanted him beside her too. She consistently checked on Bin to make sure he wasn't coming earlier than planned. Having meticulously planned everything, she finished cooking all his favorite dishes in no time.

When Hyunbin came back, Yejin was already dolled up. She wore a white long sleeve loose polo tucked in a black skirt that rests above her knee, fixed her hair a bit, and applied light make up.

She linked her arms in his as she ushered him to his seat in the dining table. "Tada!" She made a cute gesture with her arms extending towards the table filled with his favorite dishes. "I'm sorry for kicking you out this morning. I couldn't execute my plans if you stayed longer."

He smiled widely as he appreciated each plate she delicately prepared. He reached out for her hand and stared at her with full adoration. "Thank you, Yej. I'll miss your cooking, but I'll miss you the most."

She squeezed his hand and smiled, "I'll miss you too, Bin."

"You have to eat everything, okay? Here, have this first." She proceeded on serving him food. He gladly ate everything she placed on his plate while he consciously serve her food as well. He was already full, but Yejin kept on refilling his plate. He indulged her as he smiled nervously at every scoop she adds to his plate.

"We're really celebrating for my departure, huh? Should I be nervous?" He tried teasing her. He got used to her wit, saying the opposite of what the other expects her to say. They played pranks a lot to each other. Well, it' was mostly Yejin, Bin would just playfully revenge on her with a goal of making her laugh out loud.

"Wah. You got it right! I'm celebrating because I will be bidding farewell to my best friend." She said without a hint of humor.

Hyunbin gulped as he studied her face, looking for signs that she was just joking. Jokes on him because the lady is a veteran actress, her expressions were kept perfectly well.

"Ya.. Why would you say that," he pouted and looked at her with a pained expression.

"Omo little Binnie. Okay okay time for dessert." She stood up to get the pastries she baked and a customized bingsu with all of Bin's favorite toppings. He caught her looking at him, expecting an approval in his expression. He indulged her with a wide grin as he was truly surprised at how personalized everything was. He can feel the amount of thoughts and efforts she made to make this moment special.

He immediately scooped a spoonful of bingsu, humming in approval at the explosion of flavors; exactly how he liked it. Yejin propped her elbows as she observed his reaction. She gulped nervously when he closed his eyes and licked his lips, savoring every bit of the dessert. Hyunbin caught her and proceeded to bring a spoonful of bingsu towards her mouth. "Ahh," he prompted to feed her. She smiled wistfully as they finished the dessert together.

After they cleaned up, they transferred to her living room where they opened a bottle of wine. They were seated beside each other, leaning her head on his chest as he wrapped her in an embrace. They will sorely miss each other, but they understood this part of their job.

She handed him a list of places with beautiful sceneries, restaurants, and local stores which she thinks he'll enjoy. She kept reminding him to take extra care in doing the action scenes, worried that he'll injure himself just like when he filmed his last movie.

Her thoughtfulness to the people around her is heartwarming, and he is grateful to be one of those she cares for. He sniffed her hair and whispered, "I'll miss you so much, Yej. So much."

Yejin didn't respond immediately, trying to control a tear from escaping. She silently sniffed and said, "Nado. I'll miss you. So much.

Hyunbin heard her sniff. Putting their glasses away, he hugged her tighter.

Wiping tears from her eyes with her hand, she failed to suppress a sob. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be crying. This is just my hormones, I promise."

Bin hummed in response while he caressed her back to console her, and at the same time, seek comfort for himself.

"Bin," her voice vibrated in his chest as she softly called his name. He loosened his hold to look at her in the eyes. Yejin stared at him with a small smile.

He tilted his head as he tried to understand what she was trying to convey. She decided to free him from decoding her expressions, which he constantly did even during dinner.

She looked at him with enthusiasm. "I'm bidding farewell to my best friend tonight."

Hyunbin started pouting when he heard the same line again. Yejin laughed at his sulky face. She repeated her words, "I'm bidding farewell because I want to cross the line with him this time." She softly looked at him, hoping to convey her sincerity.

Yejin held his large hands to her smaller ones. "I want him to be my partner, my lover, my boy friend." She drew circles with her thumb at the back of his hands, mirroring the action he does to her all the time.

He swiftly reversed his hand on hers and gingerly kissed both, locking his eyes on her. He wanted to hold her closer, wanting to cherish this special night. He cupped her face and gave her a lingering kiss in the forehead. Their nose touched and he smiled as he absorbed her words. He gently rubbed his nose with hers, and finally released the words he has been wanting to say, "I love you. I love you, Yej."

She smiled and returned the very same words she has been wanting to say, "Nado. I love you, Bin."

He slowly lowered his head and planted a lingering kiss on her lips, just enough to feel her softness and warmth. He drew back to admire her flushed face. "I'll keep my rightful place as your best friend. You didn't lose him, you just gained a lover in him." They stared lovingly at each other.

Taking her face in his hands, his thumbs stroked the soft skin on her cheeks. "I've always wanted to kiss you," he professed.

Yejin bit the insides of her cheek and blushed at his admission, "I was just waiting for you to make a move."

With raised eyebrows, he said, "But I was waiting for you to be ready.."

They laughed at the innocence of their conversation, how they made a big deal out of a kiss. Her heart was full knowing how highly his man respects her.

"That's the first thing we should work on our relationship, then. Let's not keep each other guessing. We pretty much are able to read each other's thoughts but, please tell me if I confuse you. And I'll do the same. Hm?" She asked and smiled as she waited for his approval.

"That sounds good to me," he answered, looking alternately on her eyes and lips.

"Good. Now... I'd like you to kiss me again," she said in low voice.

His lips twisted into a wry smile. "I'd like that too," he winked and dove right through her lips. He covered hers in a long warm kiss that left her short of breath.

All the pent-up anticipation led them in a soul stirring and heart-melting kiss which made their first truly special. They took their time exploring this level of intimacy. Their slow burn romance has finally ignited. Their hearts were finally home.

Note:
Like I've said, this story is excessively fluffy. Look away if you feel uncomfortable 😂
Thank you for reading! And for leaving live reactions while reading the story. Haha!
I hope binjin flirts from this story made you smile. Let's keep praying for a yejinhand update 🧚🏻‍♀️ Have a great week ahead!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.3K 4.6K 21
Too glam to give a damn, city girl Son Yejin decides to stay single while her best friends are married but constantly whining about their jealous hus...
61.3K 2.8K 17
What if he is her only chance? Her only chance to be free from her father and her brother. Also, a chance for her to pursue her dreams. Being as bril...
125K 3.9K 22
"She gave the most sincere smile she could ever muster, as if giving him an assurance that something between them has changed- something turned int...
32.6K 2.2K 73
Son Ye Jin loves her job as an actress. She always honest about being her self and she also love by the staff but not everyone see her kindness and d...