𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 | 𝐒�...

By Rozalolita

Natasha Van Doren is a shadow summoner. She bides her time and resides in darkness, feared and esteemed by Ke... More

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐀.
𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓.
𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓.
𝐃𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄.
𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇
𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐋𝐘𝐃𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. 𝐊𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘
𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐄
𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝐔𝐍𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄. 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐋
𝐓𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐋𝐋, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐓, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐀 𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄. 𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐌 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐖𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇
𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐔𝐊𝐄'𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐅𝐄
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐊𝐀𝐍 𝐑𝐔𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘. 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐌𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐃
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. 𝐂𝐈𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. 𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘
𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀𝐍 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐑𝐘
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄. 𝐒𝐎𝐋
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘. 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐊𝐄𝐘𝐒
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐓𝐇𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐒
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. 𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐑
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐒𝐔𝐆𝐀𝐑
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐓𝐒
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐒
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄. 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘. 𝐖𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐑𝐒
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐒𝐄𝐋
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐒
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. 𝐅𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. 𝐃𝐎𝐋𝐋
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐒
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐈 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒
𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀𝐍 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄. 𝐔𝐍𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐒
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐗
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝐀 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐑 𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄
LMAOOO
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. 𝐓𝐎 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. 𝐊𝐔𝐖𝐄𝐈 𝐁𝐎-𝐘𝐔𝐋
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐖
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐒𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐒
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐄𝐗𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐒
𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒

4K 188 92
By Rozalolita

" I'm not really here, "

- N.V.D

"WAKE UP, JORDIE,"

Kaz Rietveld's broken voice was enough to shatter bullets. His hair was damp - plastered to the sides of his sunken cheeks. His honey brown eyes reduced into sticky rotten pits, filled with misery. His legs kicked aimlessly in the water, throat raw from screaming.

He sunk his head against Jordie's bloated belly, blisters and bruises withering beneath his heavy touch. He let out a mournful moan, hollowing into the bleary night. The wind whistled taunts into his ear, the moon smirking behind the eclipse of the shadows.

"Wake up," he pleaded with the burning stars, wishing that one would fall out the sky and swallow him whole. Kaz had never been religious, but he pressed his lips together and prayed until dawn. He prayed for his brother, for his life, for a future. He prayed for a tomorrow.

Tomorrow came and then the next tomorrow after that. Days bled into sleepless nights and those nights bled into painful mornings. Kaz kicked and kicked until his legs went numb, the harbour a fingertips stretch away.

Jordie was cold against him, his skin, a puckered yellow. Kaz tilted across the waters, nearly capsizing himself. "You can sleep now," He said grimly. He pushed his fingers against his swollen eyelids, cupping a hand against Jordie forehead. "You can sleep,"

He was glad he had been able to save Jordie the horrors of the Reapers Barge. As the days passed, so did the number of bodies. Bloodied limps, trailing intestines, it littered the water, until it was a murky brown.

The rotten spongy smell of vegetables and skin burnt at his nostrils, until it was painful to breathe. Kaz chocked out a strangled breathe of air, scrambling to catch hold of Jordie's waist. He hugged his brother's body close, chest heaving with empty sobs.

He could see Ketterdam's harbour, the moored ships and the occasional dancing troupe. He could hear their laughter flutter towards him, bellows of conversation. Kaz turned his head, raised his arms as high as he could. They didn't see him.

Kaz Rietveld slipped in and out conscience, his mind a tangle of memories. Sleep came rare and valuable, but even then, his dreams a twisted mess of horrors. He imagined tall grass and dark monsters, evil whispers and powerful villains.

One day he dreamt of Dream Jordie and Dream Kaz. He could smell the apples of his da's farm, the bitter taste of horseradish in the air. He'd seen his ma working in the kitchen, cooking apples and cinnamon in copper pots. She'd smile with rouge lips and blow kisses through the open window.

Dream Jordie was sat at the dinner table, scratching away with broken pencils. He waved up at Kaz, a boyish grin sparkling in his brown eyes. He wore shorts and brown tunic, hair swept back behind his ears. Ma drew Dream Jordie to her side, rubbing a hand on the back of his neck.

Kaz ran around to the door, tugging hard on the iron stop. The door wouldn't budge. "The door won't open," he yelled, cupping hands across his mouth. He tugged at the handle a second time, forced back by his own momentum.

"Ma," Kaz yelled with a wave. "Let me in," His ma just stared through misty eyes, claws digging into the back of Dream Jordie's neck. "Jordie," Kaz called. "Can you open the door?" Jordie shook his head solemnly, hugging his arms around ma.

Kaz sulked in the grass, watching them with quivering lips. They laughed at him from behind the glass, jeering and smiling over refreshing mugs of lemonade. His throat was dry and scratchy, sounding like rock on rock.

After a few moments of muffled sobbing, Dream Jordie walked towards the window. His eyes were blank, his grin not matching the bleakness of his eyes. Dream Jordie ran a hand through his hair, tilting his head back and forth.

"I won't let you," Dream Jordie sneered, sticking his arm out the window. Kaz leant forward to grab hold of his brother's hand. He slipped through his fingers. Kaz screamed, falling onto the grass.

Dream Jordie's face had contorted. The skin was puckered and blue, lips swollen and flat like deflated balloons. His belly was round and bloated, gas caught in his intestines. Dream Jordie crawled out the window, bloodied hands pinching at Kaz's skin with giggles.

Kaz woke up with a start, head pounding with the beginnings of a horrible migraine. He rolled onto his belly in the cold water, arms firmly secured around Jordie. His eyes were closed, his arms looped around the buckle of his belt. Soon sleep greeted him again.

Kaz Rietveld was dreaming once more. He was dreaming of her.

Kaz woke in this new world with a jump. He was in water, wearing nothing but his underclothes. But the water was cool and refreshing, clear and pale as the sky blue. Fishes swam alongside him, nipping at the tips of his toes. He wasn't too cold and the sun smiled warmly upon his skin.

He didn't bare out of breathe as he swam along the banks of the seemingly endless river. "Is anyone there?" Kaz asked cautiously after a while. He turned in a circle in the stream, scrubbing at his palms.

"Kaz," Natasha Van Doren appeared from the shadows. Her silver eyes glistened like kind stars, twinkling like rough cut diamonds. Her skin was tan in the sun, her full lips coloured like the skin of a peach.

"Natasha," Kaz splashed through the water, hugging her tight. Her body was real against his, her arms twisting around his back in rejoined joy. They held each other there for a few moments, smiling into the crook of necks.

"You're here," Kaz said breathlessly. Her dark hair was pinned back neatly, red roses tucked into the curves of her plait. She tilted her head against her shoulder watching him with an acute eye.

"You're dreaming, Kaz," Natasha said almost sadly. She turned away from him, moving towards the end of the river bank.

"Come back," Kaz yelled. He swam over to Natasha in a tangle of limbs. "You can't leave me, not yet," He watched her sniff, button nose twitching. She looked down at her lap, fiddling with the lacy hem of her white dress.

"I'm not really here," Natasha smiled. She held Kaz's hands in hers, tracing the back of his hand with hers. "You know where you really are," In a fade of colour, reality bled back into his mind. Natasha was still bobbing by his side, a lantern of light in the night.

"Where are you, Natasha?" Kaz said desperately. He longed to go back to the clean river, swim with Natasha and feel happy again. He turned towards her dim shadow, Jordie tight in his grip.

"I'm right here," Natasha said happily. "Follow me," She talked lightly, her skin glowing with golden light. She kept the shadows at bay, forcing them into the deepest depths of the Reapers Barge.

"You're are not alone, Kaz," She reminded him. Natasha was springy from the swim, her hair a tangle of rose petals. "I'm with you and I'll be with you when you arrive," Natasha spun tales off her childhood, talking about the things they would do.

"First you'll take bath," She raised a brow, laughing slightly. "Then you'll warm by the fire and Milo will keep you company,"

"The goat," Kaz grinned. "You never got rid of it?"

"It pained da to kill such an intelligent animal," Natasha said. "He grazes in our garden. Make sure you don't eat the curried lamb around him, Milo get sensitive around his brothers and sisters - especially, when they're covered in spices,"

Kaz laughed a sore laugh, that made his throat hurt. "Then ma will serve warm milk and Mariam's chocolate muffins," Kaz groaned into Jordie's chest.

"Kaz," she whispered, swimming over to his side. Her voice was syrupy and thick like honey. "Kaz, you need to keep going," She tilted a hand beneath his chin, staring straight into the flames of his eyes.

"I can't," he said in a broken voice. He held a hand against her cheek to see if she was real. Natasha stayed solid, reaching up to press his hand against her skin. "I can't do it,"

"Kaz," Natasha repeated in a determined voice.

"I can't, Natasha," He sobbed, looking down at Jordie's lifeless figure beneath him. "I can't do it anymore, everywhere hurts," He pressed a hand against his throat, choking on salty tears.

"Yes you can," Kaz knew she wasn't real, that she was a figment of his imagination. Yet she looked so magical, so real. If he was insane he was glad he had Natasha to be insane with. "Yes you can, and you will,"

"You got here, Kaz," Natasha said, pointing down the depths of the sea. "You can always go back," She concluded with a smirk, already swimming ahead. He watched her glide away, an elegant swam on rough waters.

"Wait," Kaz yelled. Natasha didn't look back. He screamed a groan of misery, pushing forward with all his strength. Natasha's light bled back into his vision warm and golden in his mind. She was the sun of his solar system.

He gripped sweaty palms around the wooden planks, hauling himself onto the harbour. Natasha had disappeared into the darkness, her light a forgotten memory in the cloud of his thoughts. Kaz smiled at Jordie a final time as he disappeared beneath the stars.

They'd meet again.

He'd meet them both again.

A/N

- Hopefully you guys get the comparisons of this and Chapter 21. I just wanted to make clear that the Natasha in this is a figment of Kaz's imagination - none of it really happened! If you enjoyed please vote and comment, it makes my day!

- rosa <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 111 19
A few days after Alina and I escaped the clutches of my brother, the former Ravkan general of the Second Army, Aleksander Kirigan, we parted ways. I...
3.6K 121 13
Kaz Brekker X Reader You've heard of West Side Story, but what if it were set in the Grishaverse? Kaz and Y/N are involved in rival street gangs in...
22.9K 756 33
"𝑨𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 is more 𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒇𝒖𝒍. 𝑾𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒉 is more 𝒑𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒖𝒍. 𝑹𝒂𝒈𝒆 is more 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈. And if I shall burn in this fire... ...
44.3K 1.4K 27
Every coin has two sides. The same can be said for people. Her name is Wysteria Kirigan. A rare type of Grisha. A shadow summoner. A traumatic past...