Exchange Student: A Daminette

By whyamIlikethis200

Just another Daminette... Alright so most Daminette happens when Marinette wins a class field trip to Gotham... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The New Kid
Chapter 2: Friends
Chapter 3: Good Things
Chapter 4: Surprise
Chapter 5: Tying Loose Ends
Chapter 6: Bothers
Chapter 7: Weekend at the Manor
Chapter 8: Suspicions
Chapter 9: Week One
Chapter 10: Week Two

Chapter 11: Winter Gala

10.2K 253 63
By whyamIlikethis200

   . . . Marinette POV . . .

    Strangely they sent me to spend the day with Jon, which was fun. We went to an arcade, before returning at noon, for lunch. Everything was set up for the Gala, and after lunch, Damian went through some parts of the plan with me. What I was going to do, without revealing much about the surprise. They made it so all celebrities would be wearing masks. To make the reveal better. I decided I was okay with revealing my identity as Nettie.

My dress was ombre the bottom was light blue with black snowflakes that faded into a dark blue that faded into black I had a black armband and choker along with my combat boots and blue mask that matched my eyes and dress. The mask had some black accents I had my hair done in a low bun. I also had on a pair of black leggings cause it is winter and it is a short dress. (I'd post the pic but the cat stole my eraser so it ain't great). Damian had a black dress shirt and a blue vest that also matched my eyes. No tie it looked better without. His mask was pure black.

         It was finally time. The Gala was at Wayne hotel. We were to arrive at eight o'clock on the dot, so everyone showed up at like 7:45. They were just waiting on us. When Alfred stopped the limo, at the entrance. They had a red carpet set up, and security guards were trying to keep people away. I did not realize the Wayne's were this famous. There were so many girls shouting, I could feel their glares as Damian helped me out.

       "Now introducing the Wayne's." Someone said and we waited patiently. "Bruce Wayne," the same voice said and Bruce went down the stairs to mingle. "Richard Grayson" Dick walked down. Lila was probably telling the class that it was a common name. "Jason Todd." Jason walked down the stairs. I was getting nervous. "Timothy Drake" Tim left us.  "And the youngest Wayne and his girlfriend. Damian Wayne and Nettie." We walked down the stairs, the room was silent, at the words that Damian, The ice prince of Gotham, had a girlfriend.

       We found Jon in the crowd but we lost him. When Damian asked for a dance. We found Jon again talking to the other Waynes'. I'm surprised the class didn't come up to us. Lila probably convinced them not to. I started making rounds with Damian, we first stopped to talk to Jagged, then Diana, the Kents, cousin Clara, Luka/Viper, and we stopped next to Bruce.

       That was when the class got the courage to talk to us. Miss B spoke first "The class and I just wanted to thank you for letting us come on this trip." While Miss B was talking Lila was trying to get My Demon's attention. It was a winter Gala and she was wearing an orange silk mermaid dress with a v-neck, cut way too low. She tried looking irresistible, key word tried. Damian just turned to Miss B and said "It was our pleasure." With an evil smirk. How hard was he going to out this class . . . . I'm excited to find out.

         The class was about to out Lila, so she politely says "Oh guys, we shouldn't bother them after all. They gave us this trip." I wanted to punch her. I hate her sickeningly sweet voice when she uses it. Bruce checks his watch before speaking "You better get ready Nettie you start your song in a half hour. Damian take her backstage." We both nodded and headed that way I just held on to Damian's arm so I didn't get lost.

I met Viper backstage and we set our stuff up, I normally just write the lyrics and send them to Luka, then he creates a melody and sings the songs. But once in a while, we sing together but it's hard, cause I have to record my voice and send it to him.

         We walked on stage and sang.

I feel nothing
Laugh like it is something
Pretend everything is fine
(No)

I won't cross that line
This hole that is mine
It grips like a vine
(No, No, No)

You'd think it gets better
But like wool that gets wetter
It only weighed me down
Like this old town

Let me go free

I won't let you drag me down
Watch now I wear a crown
You'll never see me frown

When the times are tragic
(Oh)
How we wish we had magic
(Oh)

To the new light of day
In which I now lay
I have found a way
In the suns bright ray

I'm ready for adventure
I think it's in my nature
(Oh)

Sometimes I wish to return
Although it may burn
To the past
I can't be the last

To want to go back
I'd say I have a nack
But I just lack
(No, No, No)

I'm finally here, I'm gonna stay
Nock me down, I'll come back like the day

(Just bits and pieces of an old poem of mine I had)

      Luka and I walked backstage. I hugged Damian. He whispered in my ear "Good job Angel." Before he took my hand and led me back up stage. I had confusion painted on my features. The rest of the Wayne's were on the stage now. Everyone Lila lied about was holding some papers and standing around a mini stage that was set up. My class was standing on that stage.

     Bruce speaks up "Miss B aren't you missing two students?" Miss B then turns red and states "They are staying with relatives on this trip, and I haven't seen them all night. So I think they just skipped." Bruce nods in understanding. But I think the crowd was confused, cause I think everyone in the world knows not to miss an event like this.

Bruce clears his throat to begin his speech. "As everyone knows, Damian spent his last school year studying abroad. He decided to try Paris, France. Where he indeed, did meet Nettie. Not that she knew, that he was Damian Wayne because he used a different last name. In Paris, he joined Miss B's class." The class looked so confused. Bruce continued.

    "The girl who now is his girlfriend was being terribly bullied by this class, but none the less, continued to be an absolute Angel. Now if you look behind me. I had Tim hack into some video cameras. I understand that the full extent of this situation is unnerving. Even for those of us that are from Gotham."

     The video screen then came down, and Damian put his arms around me. Then it started to play: it played Lila's first day including when she threatened me (pretend it was in the hallway instead), the day they pushed me down the stairs and kicked me, the day they beat me up behind the school, Adrien telling me to take the high road, the napkin scene, Lila's lies about the celebrities, Miss B giving me her work, them tripping me and calling me names in the classroom with Miss B there. The whole crowd recognized the girl, they learned Marinette Dupain-Cheng was being horribly bullied but still became Gotham's Angel. It continued . . . to inside my parent's bakery to what the class went in and told my parents, to them kicking me out.

        It then showed my old phone. With just under 100 messages telling me to kill myself. It focused on the one from Alya, cause it showed that with Damian around. They couldn't do anything to me, but send me these messages. It then stopped. The crowd was horrified and someone asked "Where is Gotham's Angel now?" I turned to where the voice came from, still in Damian's arms. He whispered in my ear "You don't have to if you don't want to."

       I nodded and he let me go. I turned to the voice that spoke "I'm right here." I then took off my mask and so did the Wayne's along with uncle Jagged he then came forward and announced. "My fashion designing niece, Nettie is now Marinette Stone, I adopted her. I am also, letting her stay at the Wayne's while I'm on tour."

         The celebrities came forward stacking the lawsuits in front of the class on a table. Clara then came and hugged me before questioning "Why didn't you tell us sooner Nettie?" I hugged her back and told her the truth "I just didn't want to burden anyone with my problems." She held me tighter and said "You will never, ever be a burden Nettie. It was my pleasure." She then walked back to her spot.

         The class was pale before glaring at Lila. "How could you Lie to us girl?" Alya yelled. I then spoke from on stage "Alya, you were my best friend before Lila came. Nino, you were like a big brother to me. For the rest of you, I was class president, I did everything I could for you, and I have known you most of my life. You're not out of this either Agreste, you knew she was lying. But all of you turned against me. She told you a crumpled-up napkin could gouge out someone with glasses' eye out and you believe it over me. You dont have to bother apologizing."

     I was angry I wanted to throw something anything, now they are sorry. It has been three long years, and now they are sorry, my parents kicked me out the cause of them. Would it have been that hard to use Google? I closed my eyes tight. I didn't know what to do. Damian grabbed my hand. Damian.

If I had stayed home
I would have fallen like Rome
Trapped in that dome

      Damian. I have someone who will never leave me. I opened my eyes, let go of his hand, and wrapped my arms around his waist. I breathed him in, I let his presence ground me from the pit of my emotions. I released him and held his hand tightly. Looked around me. My class was just trying to push the blame onto someone else.

    They are terrible people. I wonder if they would have been better people if Lila had never come. I won't go back and dwell on my past it won't do anything. I said that in my song, but I think it's something that everyone does.

. . .

      Relief washed over me I was about to go to bed. I ran to Damian's room instead, feeling my emotional dam breaking. I opened his door, he was walking towards his bed to go to sleep, he walked towards me when I opened his door. He pulled me inside and shut his door. Somehow I managed to sit on his bed. I felt empty, numb for a moment. Then the dumb broke, and a sob escaped my lips.

       Dami pulled me into his arms cradling me like a baby, and let me cry. His voice was reassuring and gentle "It's all right Angel, let it all out, It will be okay you don't have to deal with them ever again." I just cried, letting out the pain, the betrayal, sadness, and anger. I cried till I fell asleep.

      When I woke up in the morning I felt hallow. Empty from the emotions, I didn't have to store anymore. Then I felt like I was floating. Life will never, ever be perfect but right now it is so close to it. I would never know if it wasn't. I was a beam of pure sunshine. I jumped up and out of Dami's bed ran to my room changed and ran to the dining room for breakfast.

       Everyone noticed my change in attitude. Damian spoke first "Tt, just when I think you can't shine any brighter, you make me go blind again." I giggled. Bruce spoke next "Good morning Marinette." Dick was next "I take it we did well on the surprise then?" I exclaimed brightly "Good? You guys did amazing!" I sat down to eat some of Alfred's legendary pancakes.

.
.
.

2087 words

.
.
.

; That is it y'all I hoped you liked the book if you want another chapter then I have a book of one-shots I have started. Also, I have two other Damianette books that are finished.

.
.
.
.
.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 9.5K 33
When the miraculous team becomes suspicious of Lila, they are going to need the help of a certain bat-detective to determine if Lila is working with...
189K 4.2K 35
Lila had arrived when she was 13. She had stolen all her friends. She was bullied by her class. Chloe apologized and was her only friend in her class...
6.5K 255 10
Story title changed from Daminette: Thank You, My Love to Daminette: The New Student. ••••••••••••• Damian was getting more violent, and as a part of...
52.8K 1.2K 22
Ok, so I'm not a fan of Batman and his fam but Daminette managed to change my mind. Since I don't watch anything with Batman and the cartoon like the...