Obito back in time

By Medusa_spony04

It would be nice that a villan afther his death gets an opportunity to save the world from himself alongside... More

You ruined it now fix it Obito!
In love with a psycho
Just like the sharingan
The only way to redemption
Kakashi's confession
Peace
A farewell kiss
A pest named Tobi
Unfolding the truth

Out of breath

2.7K 81 25
By Medusa_spony04

-"You are making this up"

Eyebrows furrowed,he scanned my features.
I grimaced eye rolling up to the sky.

-"Isn't me possessing the Mangekyo or as you call it 'the fancy new sharingan' enough of a proof to you?!"

Seriously this guy drives me nuts!He's the first person I told EVERYTHING....and yet he doubts me.
Not even my skills or powers aren't good enough to convince him,he probably thinks I'm using some kind of trick!

-"Can you blame me for doubting that anyone would choose you to save the world? And especially afther what you have supposedly done in the future"

I sighed in frustration,ignoring the implicit insult.

-"Listen, I don't have time for this,I must prepare.
Finding Madara won't be possible yet.....I'll know where to find him afther Kanabi bridge,I thought of fakeing my death once again, without getting injured this time,so I could get ride of the dangers from within and  prevent Rin's death...there's no way I would be able to do it otherwise.
That's why I need you to help me,keep everyone alive that's all I'm asking of you "
Inhaling deeply I emphasized the last part.

-"This time I won't forgive you if you fail''

Eyes widend he stared at me stunned.

-"You would risk getting crushed again to save her?"

Noding my head I stood up.
-"For Rin,for sensei,for everyone...even you,because in this world the ones that break the rules are considered trash but the ones that abandon their comerades are worse than trash."

Something seemed to twinkle in his eyes at the end of my speech.

Ha, I knew I'll get him to comply if I pull this stunt!

-"Even tho I thought of skipping the part when I get crushed,I'll just make it look like I've died,putting something in my place and use Kamui to escape."
I reasoned placing my chin between my thumb and index finger while my elbow was balancing on the other hand.

He jumped up on his feet.
-"Okay,I promise to protect our comerades and the village,just tell me everything I'll need to know"

Satisfied,I noded looking at him seriously.
-"I belive in you"

His eyes widend once again.
Even I got surprised by my sudden courage,I guess it just came out instinctively.

His eyes revealed that he was smiling under his mask so I grinned back scratching my neck.

-"Now listen,so far this is the plan..."

.........

The next day I arrived fashionably late so Minato's suspicion wouldn't increase.

Even though I didn't left them hanging for too long....I was bored but I still had many things to think of,I was just too lazy to do that.

So I activated my sharingan and waltzed there without a care in the world.

-"Good morning everyone!"
Minato greeted me back and looked like he wanted to add a comment about me not comming as late as usual but Kakashi beated him on it.
-"Keep progressing like this and someday you'll make it in time perhaps"

I grithed my teeth glaring down at him,but I must admit that was a nice one.

-"Now now,don't start fighting ....since Rin is still unable to come on missions with us there will be just us three.
Our newest mission is about bringing supplies to some groups on the field that require them,it will take a week or so to complete it."

We both noded and each took a few scrolls.

...........

Kakashi leaded the way,Minato was in the back and I held the safest position in the midle,which was a great thing since I didn't have to pay as much attention to our surroundings and concentrate on my thoughts.

I could use the opportunity and try to destroy one of the zetsu-factories situated nearby.
But would it be possible for me to do it alone in this state?And when I say this state I mean no Rinengan and a weak thirteen-yearold body.

As night was nearing we decided to put up a camp.

Sensei created a barier to sheald us and make us look invisible outside the range of 35 meters.
-"This should be good"
He stood up dusting his hands.

I took out my sleeping bag placing it on the ground and sitting on it.

I was still contemplating wether should I rest or keep thinking of my plans when Kakashi suddenly came up to me.

-"What aren't you going to read your books?''
His eyes did a perfect spin and then rested on me once again.
-"I want you to tell me more about the future,I mean what were like our lives?"

I arched my eyebrow at that and made sure Minato wasn't listening.
-"And why would that be of any interest to you?....it won't happen either way"

He fidgeted with the fabric of his shirt.

-"I still want to know and it'll also be easier for you if you'd share the weight of your problems with someone"
-"What do you want to know then?"
-"What was I like afther you and the others..."
-"Well,traumatized of course,you got into ANBU and acted like a lazy robot most of the time I came to visit you were at the memorial stone,you looked happier only recently when you started spending time with your new team 7"
-"But didn't you say none knew you were alive, how did you get to know that much about me if you didn't even had the chance to aproach me?"
-"Kamui can make me appear invisible"
-"So you were stalking me?!"

He wishpear-shouted at my face.

-"Not exactly.....I just came to check on your depressed ass sometimes,a-and besides you were the one to ask what was like the period in our past-future lives afther our team fell apart"
-"You're just makeing excuses"

I clenched my hands into fists,my voice came out hoarse and low.
-"Long story short I spent my life in a cave,started a war and then died you became a famous shinobi,then the sixth Hokage and probably acomplished most of your dreams afther my real death!"

He tensed,getting suprised by my sudden demeanor.

-"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked you abot that.."

-"It's ok.I shouldn't have yelled-"
I apolagised realizing that my words must've hurt him,but I got interrupted.

-"I just....I just wish you didn't had to go trough that...I want to help you save this world,let me come find Madara with you"
-"You promised you would look out for everyone in the village!"

-"I did but.....how can I let you go by yourself?"

I sighed tierdly.

-"I would like to sleep,if you dont mind"
He said nothing but simply went to his bag and rolled inside, and so did I.

.............

Hours passed but sleep never came.
I finally decided to sneak out.
Minato assumed I had to do my business so he didn't say anything, hopefully the clone I sent back won't disintegrate too soon.

Once I got near the cave I noticed a presence beside me.

-"What are you doing here?!"
We both shouted at the same time.

-"Kakashi go back to the camp"
-"Only if you come too"
-"Why do you suddenly act as if you care of what happens to me"
-"You're a baka and I don't wan't you to get killed earlier this time"
-"You do realize I can forcefully bring you back with kamui don't you?"

He then took my hand.
-"Now you can't.I'm comming with you wether you decide to go back or inside that cave"
-"How did you know I was about to go inside?"
-"Intuition"

Realizing there was no other way to do this I decided to let him be this once and went inside the cave.

I reached for the flashlight in my pocket and noticed my hand was still interlocked with Kakashi's.

-"You can stop holding my hand now"
-"And who guarantees me you won't send me back if I do?"
-"Like you wouldn't just come back anyway"

I said that as a hint for him to let go already but he refused.

I scoffed as we proceeded further.

Beside the sound of our footsteps and shallow breathing there was nothing more than silence.

Now in front of us there was a giant rose,it's roots went deep underground and lots of cocoons were hanging off them.

-"Okay now we destroy it"
I thought outloud and Kakashi shifted.
-"Wait what?You want to destroy that?"
He pointed at the rose and I noded.

-"Use your chidori"

I said putting on a mask,that way if anyone saw us they wouldn't recognize my face.

I lent one to Kakashi and he rolled his eyes.

-"Don't tell me what to do.And what do we need these for?"

This time I was the one to roll my eyes and scoff.
-"Isn't it obvius?"

I took a fighting stance and used fierball jutsu to test the material's resistence.

It nearly left more than a scratch on it.
Then Kakashi let go of me and jumped on the rose useing chidori.
He did it one more time but managed to destroy it.

Falling on his knees panting heavily,his chakra reserve wasn't yet used to this technique.

I used Kamui and brough us down near the roots.

I started destroying the cocoons one by one,Kakashi helped.

There were so many that I began doubting we would be able to finish till dusk.
And also we were slowly getting chakra exhausted.

-"There's no way we'll be able to finish this Obito,there are too many still left"

I sighed,knowing that there's a 1,5% that some of the zetsu in this coccons will come out alive but allso that there's no way for us to deal with all of them right now.

I brought down few more cocoons and then stopped to seal a corpse inside one of my scrolls.
It will be useful when I'll be fakeing my death,I was about to seal it but then a thought crossed my mind.

"I want to help you save this world,let me come to find Madara with you"

Glancing briefly at the white haired boy that was still destroying coccons I made my decision.

I got another corpse and sealed the two inside the scroll.

Once I was done I stood in front of Kakashi holding out a hand.

-"Lets go"

He noded tierdly and took it.
..............

We waited for our clones to reach us one by one and returned to sleep.

Next morning came earlyer than I thought.

Kakashi looked like a victim of a ghoul that just got all of his blood drained,I was probably nothing better judging by Minato's concerned gaze.

-"I didn't realize you guys will get so tired of just travelling"

-"No no,we're completly fine and ready to go"
I tried to sound enthusiastic like my usual young self but couldn't get it right afther getting only 3 hours of sleep.

-"Maybe we should go back.You guys can't ingage in a battle like this"

He measured our temperatures with his palm.

-"You look sick,maybe you got it from Rin?''

-"We are fine sensei"
Kakashi reassured him.

-"Okay,if you say so.But if you suddenly start feeling unwell don't hesitate to tell me so"

....................

It was afternoon and we neared the border,which meant that the risk of getting attacked was getting higher with each step we took.

Afther an hour of walking nothing dangerous happened.

It was quiet,the usual chirp of birds leaking made me a bit anxious.

Suddenly a whooshing sound was heard and Kakashi got cought inside a chakra-sealing net.

I was about to cut it down but a tall man jumped in front of me.

I dodged his attack and jumped on the tree releasing Kakashi.

We fought the enemy ninjas but soon found ourselves cornered.
Minato-sensei got separated from us and we had no chance of beating this guys alone.

I inhaled sharply and grabbed Kakashi to teleport us inside Kamui with the last bit of strenght I had.

The last thing I remember is collapsing on the floor with Kakashi on top of me.

Next chapter will probably be released soon.
Thanks for reading:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.7K 2.5K 17
He thought that it was over, that he was finally allowed to rest but just like so many things in life it proved to be a short-lived dream. Kakashi Ha...
37.1K 890 20
In the city of Kohana there are two neighbors who barley exchange words Kakashi Hatake and Obito Uchiha but for some reason they keep on running into...
23K 892 27
You know when you die you think your going to go to heaven or hell. And how people who believe in reincarnation are looked at weird. Well.......they...
19.6K 757 57
It's your typical isekai/time travel fix-it. It's my first story so don't expect it to be great. The story is slow-paced, mainly character's growth...