Shelby Winchester's Backstory...

By Ziehmer28

What if Dean and Sam had a sister? When Dean, Sam, and there little sister Shelby were kids Shelby was taking... More

Pilot Pt. 1
Pilot Pt. 2
Sister Pt. 1
Sister Pt. 2
Family Ghost Pt. 1
Family Ghost Pt. 2
Sammy! Pt. 1
Sammy Pt. 2
Sammy! Pt. 3
Sammy Pt. 4
Wendigo Pt. 1
Wendigo Pt. 2
Wendigo Pt. 3
Dead In The Water Pt. 1
Dead In The Water Pt. 2
Dead In The Water Pt. 3
Phantom Traveler Pt. 1
Phantom Traveler Pt. 2
phantom traveler Pt. 3
Bloody Mary Pt. 1
Bloody Mary Pt. 2
Bloody Mary Pt. 3
Skin Pt. 1
Skin Pt. 2
Skin Pt. 3
Hook Man Pt. 1
Hook Man Pt. 2
Hook Man Pt. 3
Bugs Pt. 1
Bugs Pt. 2
Home Pt. 1
Home Pt. 2
Home Pt. 3
Asylum Pt. 1
Asylum Pt. 2
Aslum Pt. 3
Scarcrow Pt.1
Scarecrow Pt. 2
Scarecrow Pt. 3
Faith Pt.1
Faith Pt. 3
Rout 666 Pt. 1
Route 666 Pt. 2
Route 666 Pt. 3
Nightmare Pt. 1
Nightmare Pt. 2
Nightmare Pt. 3
The Benders Pt. 1
The Benders Pt. 2
The Benders Pt. 3
Shadow Pt. 1
Shadow Pt. 2
Shadow Pt. 3
Hell House Pt. 1
Hell House Pt. 2
Hell House Pt. 3
Something Wicked Pt. 1
Something Wicked Pt. 2
Something Wicked Pt. 3
Dead Man's Blood Pt. 1
Dead Man's Blood Pt. 2
Dead Man's Blood Pt. 3
The Truth and The Consequences Pt. 1
The Lie and The Consequences Pt. 2
Salvation Pt. 1
Salvation Pt. 2
Devil's Trap Pt. 1
Devil's Trap Pt. 2
Devil's Trap Pt. 3
Discontinuing Story.... Sort of?

Faith Pt. 2

317 10 1
By Ziehmer28

Shelby

Dean, Sam and I are in the hospital in the check up room, Dean sitting on the bed while I'm leaning on the wall. “So, you really feel okay” Sam asks and Dean looks unhappy “I feel fine, Sam”. Suddenly the doctor enters reading paperwork “well, according to all your tests there's nothing wrong with your heart. No sign there ever was. Not that a man your age should be having heart trouble, but, still it's strange it does happen”. “What do you mean, strange” I asked “well, just yesterday, a young guy like you, twenty-seven, athletic. Out of nowhere, heart attack” the doctor says.

“Thanks, Doc” Dean says “no problem” the doctor says and leaves. “That's odd” Dean says and looks at Sam. “Maybe it's a coincidence, people's hearts give out all the time, man” Sam said. “No, they don't” I said and Sam glares at me “look, Dean, do we really have to look this one in the mouth? Why can't we just be thankful that the guy saved your life and move on” Sam asked? “Because I can't shake this feeling, that's why” Dean says and stands. “What feeling” Sam asks as Dean puts his jacket on. “When I was healed, I just, I felt wrong. I felt cold. And for a second, I saw someone. This, uh, this old man. And I'm telling you, it was a spirit” Dean said looking at Sam and I.

“But if there was something there, Dean, I think I would've seen it, too. I mean, I've been seeing an awful lot of things lately” Sam said. “Well, excuse me, psychic wonder. But you're just gonna need a little faith on this one. Sam, I've been hunting long enough to trust a feeling like this” Dean said mad. Sam sighs “yeah, alright, so, what do you wanna do” Sam asks “I want you to go check out the heart attack guy. I'm gonna visit the reverend” Dean starts. “Wait for me” I tell Dean “I'm just going to get something for this pain” I said and walk out of the room.

I walked out in the hallway and looked around to see a nurse walking by “excuses me” I said and the nurse stopped and turned to me “yes” she said in a nice voice. “Um, I, sorta, ripped my stitches, can you just patch me back up” I asked and smiled. “Yeah, of course, right this way” “thank you” I said and followed her into one of the rooms. I sat down on the bed and took of my jacket and lifted up my shirt. “Wow, this is bleeding a lot” “I just need you to patch me up, I'll be fine” I said and she nodded and started to stitch me back up.

I looked at the door to see Dean looking into different rooms before looking in the room I was in. “What happened” Dean asked throwing his hands out to his side and walking into the room. “Nothing, I'm fine” I said and the girl finished up “okay, just be careful” she said and I nodded and said thank you. “Maybe you should stay here with Sam” Dean said and I sighed “Dean” “I mean it, I'll go get him” Dean said and walked off. I sighed but put back on my jacket before walking out to the hallway.

Sam and I met with one of the employees at the swimming locker. “I'm telling you, he seemed healthy. Swam every day, didn't smoke. So, a heart attack just kind of seemed, well, bizarre” the man said. “And you said he was running, right before he collapsed” I asked? “Yeah, yeah, he was freaking out. He said that something was, uh, was after him” the employee said “did he say what” Sam asked? “Well, thin air is what, I mean, it wasn't anything” the man said.

“Alright, thanks” Sam said “thank you” I said and Sam and I where about to leave when Sam notices the clock on the wall isn't working. “Hey, buddy, your, uh, your clock's busted” Sam said “oh, yeah, we, uh, can't get it working. Just froze at 4:17” the man said “let me guess, it's the same time Marshall died” I asked? The man looked at me surprised “how'd you know” “lucky guess” I said with a shrug. Sam and I headed back to the hotel and Sam gets on his laptop while I'm finishing up a hotdog I got in the way back.

Dean walks in and throws his keys on the bed and takes off his jacket. “What'd you two find out” Dean asked “I'm sorry” Sam says quietly. Dean throws his jacket on the bed and walks over “sorry about what” Dean asks? “Marshall Hall died at 4:17” I said and Dean looks stunned “the exact time I was healed”. “Yeah, so I put together a list of everyone Roy's healed, six people over the past year, and I cross-checked them with the local obits. Every time someone was healed, someone else died. And each time, the victim died of the same symptom LeGrange was healing at the time” Sam said.

I walk over and sit in a chair “Someone's healed of cancer” Dean starts “and someone else dies of cancer” I say. “Somehow, LeGrange, he's trading a life for another” Sam said “wait, wait, wait. So, Marshall Hall died to save me” Dean asked and Sam looks at him upset “Dean, the guy probably would've died anyway. And someone else would've been healed” Sam said.

“You never should've brought me here” Dean said standing up “Dean, I was just trying to save your life, we both were” Sam said looking at me then back at Dean. “Don't drag me in this, I'm the one who wanted to wait in the car” I said. “But, Sam, some guy is dead now because of me” Dean said mad. “I didn't know” Sam said feeling a little bad “the thing I want to know is how is Roy doing it? How's he trading a life for a life” I asked. “ Oh, he's not doing it” Dean said realizing something.

“Something else is doing it for him” Dean said “what do you mean” Sam asked “the old man I saw on stage” Dean said “I didn't wanna believe it, but deep down I knew it” Dean said and sat down. “You knew what, what are you talking about” Sam asked “there's only one thing that can give and take life like that” Dean says and I stared off, putting the pieces together before as Sam looked at Dean confused. “We're dealing with a reaper” I said.

“You really think it's the Grim Reaper” Sam asked “like, angel of death, collect your soul, the whole deal”? “No no no, not the reaper, a reaper. There's reaper law in pretty much every culture on earth, it goes by 100 different names, it's possible that there's more than one of them” Dean said as he looked at some books. “But you said you saw a dude in a suit” Sam said. “What, you think he shoulda been working the whole black robe thing? You said it yourself that the clock stopped right? Reapers stop time. And you can only see 'em when they're coming at you which is why I could see it and you two couldn't” Dean said.

“Maybe” Sam said doubtful “there's nothing else it could be Sam. The question is how is Roy controlling the damn thing” Dean said. “Maybe he's not, maybe the reaper is controlling Roy” I suggested. “I doubt it” Dean said as Sam thought “that cross” Sam said “what” Dean asked as we both looked at him. “There was this cross, I noticed it in the church and I knew I had seen it before” Sam said and starts to look through some papers and snorts. He holds a card up to Dean and I “here”. Dean takes the card and I looked over Dean's shoulder.

“A Tarot” I asked “it makes sense. A tarot dates back to the early christian era right, when some priests were still using magic? And a few of them veered into the dark stuff? Necromancy and how to push death away, how to cause it” Sam asked? “So Roy's using black magic to bind the reaper” Dean asked? “If he is he's riding the whirlwind. It's like putting a dog leash on a great white” Sam said.

Dean puts his cup in the sink, then leans back against it “ok then we stop Roy” “how” Sam asked? “You know how” Dean said “wait, what the hell are you talking about Dean, we can't kill Roy” Sam said. “Sam the guys playing God, he's deciding who lives and who dies. That's a monster in my book” Dean said “Dean, we're not going to kill a human, if we do then we're no better than he is” I said. “Ok, we cant kill Roy, we can't kill death. Any bright ideas college boy” Dean asks Sam?

“Ok, if Roy's using some kind of black spell on the reaper, we gotta figure out what it is. And how to break it” Sam said and we got in the car and headed back to the tent. We park the impala and got out “if Roy's using a spell, there might be a spell book” Sam said. “See if you can find it” Dean said and looked at his watch “hurry up too, the service starts in fifteen minutes. Shelby and I will try to stall Roy” Dan said. A man holding a piece of paper says “Roy LeGrange is a fraud. He's no healer” “amen brother” Dean said “you keep up the good work” Sam tells him “thank you” the man replies as Dean and I head into the tent.

Dean and I walk slowly up the side aisle until my phone rings and I pick it up “what have you got” I asked Sam. “Roy's choosing victims he sees as immoral, and I think I know who's next on his list. Remember that protestor” “the guy in the parking lo” I ask and look at Dean confused. “Yeah, yeah, I'll find him, but you can't let Roy heal anyone, alright”? “Got it” I say and hang up “Sam thinks the protestor is the next victim, he says we have to make sure Roy doesn't heal anyone” I whisper to Dean as me move further toward the front of the tent. “Yeah, that'll be easy” Dean says with sarcasm as we stop.

“Layla, Layla Rourke, come up here child” Roy calls and the crowd bursts into pleased applause. Layla, stunned, looks around then rises to hug Mrs. Rourke “oh man” Dean whispers. As Layla passes us Dean grasps her arm “Layla, listen to me. You can't go up there” Dean says to her and she looks confused “why not, we've waited for months”. “You can't let Roy heal you” I tell her “I don't understand, Roy healed you didn't he? Why can't you let him try” Layla asked?

“Cause if you do something bad is going to happen. I can't explain, I just need you to believe us” Dean says. Dean and Layla stare at each other as Sue Ann stands waiting “Layla” Sue Ann calls holding out her hand. “Layla, please” I said and Layla stares at the hand Sue Ann's hand, then turns back and stares at her mother, who is standing ringing her hands. Her mother nods at her. Layla looks at Dean and I and shakes her head. “I'm sorry” she says.

“Layla, Layla wait” Dean says and she leaves us. She walks up to Roy to takes her hands “I knew the Lord was planning. I knew it was just a matter of time” Roy says. Dean, frustrated, moves back to stand near Mrs. Rourke, she is crying and covering her face with her hands, so happy. “We got to do something Dean” I tell him “I know, give me a minuet” Dean tells me as I stand by him. “Pray with me friends” Roy says and turns to Layla “I hope you're ready” “I am” she says with a smile. “Fine, if you don't so something I will” I said and walk off.

Dean looks around for me as I stand in the corner of the tent and yell “fire, hurry, tent's on fire” I yell and Layla opens her eyes and looks toward the crowd. Everyone starts to rise and evacuate. Mrs. Rourke moves toward the stage “no, no, plea, please don't stop” she begs. Dean watches helplessly “friends, if you'd all just leave the tent in an orderly fashion and we'll, uh, and we'll figure out what's going on out there and we'll come back” Roy says. Dean pulls out his phone and calls Sam “we did it, we stopped Roy” he says.

“Dean it didn't work. The reaper's still coming” Sam says “what” I say hearing Sam “I'm telling you, I'm telling you it didn't work. Roy must not be the one controlling this thing” Sam says. “Then who the hell is” Dean asks mad as we look around and Dean spies Sue Ann beside the stage, facing into the corner and reciting. “Sue Ann” Dean says and I look at where he's looking. Dean hangs up and runs to her with me behind him and spins her around. She gasps and stops reciting, reaching down to hold a cross on a chain around her neck.

“You” I say almost a whisper and Sue Ann quickly tucks the cross inside her blouse. “Help, help me” she yells and Dean and I back away. Dean nods and stares at Sue Ann like he shouldn't have expected anything better. Two cops run in and one grabs Dean roughly and the other grabs me, pulling us out of the tent. “I just don't understand, after everything we've done for you. After Roy healed you. I'm just very very disappointed” Sue Ann says as we stop. “Go to hell” I say to her and she looks at me shock as the police officer hits my side a little, causing me to fall to my knees.

“You can let them go, I'm not gonna press charges. The Lord will deal with them as he sees fit” Sue Ann says and walks off. The cops turn to Dean and I “we catch you round here again son, we'll put the fear of God in you, understand”? “Yes sir, fear of god, got it” Dean says and they walk off. Dean bends down as I hold my side “you okay” “yeah, but there goes my stitches again” I say. Dean looks around “go find Sam, I got to find Layla” Dean says and I nod.

Dean, Sam, and I headed back to the hotel room. Sam was patching me up again while Dean was pacing “so Roy really believes” Sam asked “I don't think he has any idea what his wife's doing” I said “well, I found this” Sam said and finished up “thanks” I said to him and pulled back down my shirt as he handed Dean a little book. “It was hidden in their library, it's ancient. Written by a priest who went dark side, there's a binding spell in here for trapping a reaper” Sam said.

“Must be a hell of a spell” Dean said “yeah, you gotta build a black alter with seriously dark stuff. Bones, human blood. To cross a line like that, a preachers wife. Black magic, murder, evil” Sam starts “desperate. Her husband was dying, she didn't have anything to save him. She was using the binding spell to keep the reaper away from Roy” Dean said. “Cheating death, literally” Sam said “I know how that feels” I said. “Yeah, but Roy's alive, so why is she still using the spell” Dean said. “Right, to force the reaper to kill people she thinks are immoral” Sam said.

“May God save us from half the people who think they're doing God's work” Dean said “we gotta break that binding spell” I said. Dean looks at a picture of the cross in the book “you know Sue Ann had a cross like this. When she dropped it the reaper backed off” Dean said “so you think we gotta find the cross or destroy the alter” I asked “maybe both. Whatever we do we better do it soon, or he's healing Layla tonight” Dean says. We get in the car without lights and stop.

“That's Layla's car, she's already here” Sam said and Dean nods sadly “yeah” “Dean” Sam starts as I poke my head out to the front seat. “You know if Roy woulda picked Layla instead of me she'd be here right now. And if she's not healed tonight she's gunna die in a coupla months” Dean. “Dean, what's happening to her is horrible, but what are you gunna do? Let somebody else die to save her? You said it yourself Dean, you can't play God” I told him.

Dean sits without speaking, then gets out of the car. Sam and I follow him as we approach the tent and peek inside. Roy is speaking to a small group of the faithful, including Layla and her mother. “Gather round, please everyone, gather round, come in closer, come on up” Roy says. “Where's Sue Ann” Dean asked “house” Sam said and we move to the house. “Go find Sue Ann, Shelby and I'll catch up” Dean says and I know exactly what he's thinking.

“What are you gunna” Sam starts but see's up going up to the two cops from earlier, coming down the stairs. “Hey” Dean call and the two cops look over. “You gunna put that fear of God in us” Dean asked. The cops drop their coffee and run at Dean, who takes off. “Please tell me there's more to this plain the just this” I say to him “just keep running” Dean says and we keep running.

“Come on” Dean whispers and we silently creep up beside a camper van. The cops are on the other side with flashlights. “You see him” Cop one asks “no” the second cop says. Dean slowly rises next to the passenger window of the camper van, looking behind him. A large dog jumps at the window, barking wildy and he leaps back making me jump as well. We quickly crawl up to the roof as on the other side of the van the cops shine their lights underneath, then in at the dog who is still barking. “Psycho mutt” the first cop says and move on. Dean and I stick our heads over.

We looks around tensely, then sag against the roof “please tell me there's more to this plain then just this” I said. “Come on” Dean says and we slide off, heading to the tent when some lights go out. Dean and I stop and I look behind me, watching the line of lights lighting the path go out one by one. I turn back to see the reaper walking toward me. “Crap” I said and Dean looks at me “what” “you know how I said go to hell to Sue Ann” I said a little scared. “I think she took it personal” I say.

“Go, go” I tell Dean and we start to run but the reaper appears in front of me places his hand on the side of my head and I start to tense in pain. “Shelby” Dean yells “find Sue Ann” I say and fall to my knees as Dean runs off. The reaper looks down at me and I feel my eyes turn peer black, making him look at me confused. “Bet you weren't expecting that” I say and quickly throw his arm off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 679 14
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the supernatural characters such as Sam and Dean etc. They belong to CW network. Warning: this book may contain coars...
96.4K 2.6K 78
When Maddison and her brothers join forces with their father to fight the Yellow-Eyed Demon, they narrowly escape with their lives. Maddison and the...
291K 7.9K 43
~COMPLETED~ As a hunter with a colourful past, (y/n) is trying desperately to track down and neutralise the monster that ruined her childhood whilst...
193 0 18
Book 1 of the Winchester Siblings series. What happens when the Winchester boys find out that not only evil is after them, but that they have a sist...